Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,841 members, 7,872,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:57 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6305059 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Eastwalk(m): 7:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
Henrydone:
So this argument is still on,to stop pre-ambling let hit the nail at the top and bury the hatchet ,check below new facts added

ECONOMY

Nigeria
GDP-------$492.986 billion (nominal)
$1,105.548 billion (PPP)
Rank in the world-----21st position

GDP per capita----$2,758(nominal)
$6,184(PPP)
GDP by sector-----Agriculture---17.5%
Industry----25.7%
Services---54.6%
Poverty line-------33%
Exports------petroleum,petroleum products,vehicles,aircraft parts,vessels,vegetables,processed foods,beverages,spices,cashews nuts,processed leather,cocoa tobacco aluminum alloy.

KENYA
GDP--------$65.899 billion (nominal)
$145.6 billion (PPP)
Rank in the world-----72nd
GDP per capita-----$1,587(nominal)
$3,304(PPP)
GDP by sector------Agriculture--24.2%
Industry--14.8%
Services--62.5%
Poverty line 42%
Exports--small scale consumer goods (plastics furniture batteries textiles soap cigarettes floor mills agricultural and horticultural products oil refining aluminum steel lead cement ship repair and tourism

Sources---CIA WORLD FACT BOOK

Check it out https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy-of-kenya.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy-of-nigeria.html

EDUCATION

Of the 200 best universities in Africa 16 Nigeria universities ranked when only 5 ranked in Kenya

Check it out
http://www.4icu.org/top-universities-africa/html

Bottom line a university in Nigeria came before any other universities in Kenya,that not even the point for a country that claimed to be better having such low number compared to the country it claims to be than is just unacceptable

MILITARY POWER

Nigeria military are far stronger than that of Kenya

Check this to prove
http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing-africa-asp

And this
http://answersafrica.com/7-african-countries-with-highest-military-strength.html/5

TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT

Nigeria is more technologically advanced

I don't just claim,am factual in my claims
Check this out
http://www.siliconafrica.com/top-10-countries-in-africa-regarding-technology/html

ICT ADVANCEMENT
Owwwww Nigeria rocks everything

Check it
http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2013/10/africa-10-most-connected-countries.html

BEST CITIES

Cities matter can only be comprehend by folks with open mind,some cities may be good than the other in some aspects in SA Cape Town is the most beautiful city but johhanesburg will always be the best city in SA,here in Nigeria Abuja is beautiful than Lagos,but Lagos remain the city in Nigeria it can offer anything a city offer,Lagos is not really beautiful Nairobi maybe ahead but Abuja is also more beautiful than Nairobi,but Lagos is better than any of those cities Lagos is the second second best city in Africa following johhanesburg,

http://answersafrica.com/london-greatest-worlds-best-city.html

Abuja is second to Cape Town when it comes to beauty

http://Constantine.com/people/lifestyle/10-most-beautiful-and-most-developed-cities-in-africa

HOUSING AND BUSINESS ESTATES VALUE
Lagos is the most expensive city in Africa
https://techpoint.ng/2016/08/09/lagos-launch-startup/

ELECTRICITY
Nigeria is 4th largest electricity producer in Africa following SA Egypt and Libya

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?t=100&v=79&l=en

SLUMS AND SHANTYTOWN
One would easily assume Nigeria the most populous country in Africa should have the largest slum but only to notice Kenya dominating in this regard,not just having the largest but the most numerous check it out
www.africanranking.com/20-worst-slums-in-africa/html
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List-of-slums

CONSUMER SPENDING

Nigeria cities that ranks among are far ahead the Kenya city forget about the percentage check the actual figure Abuja beats Nairobi,Ibadan and port-harcourt ahead Mombasa and kisumu and Lagos actually does not rank according to the analysis of the Euromonitor Lagos does not ranked because Lagos already has a very high consumer spending it's not growing it grows already,just like USA will never rank fast developing countries cuz it's developed already

http://blog.euromonitor.com/2016/08/top-10-sub-saharan-cities-consumer-spending-growth -2030.html u can also check the graph below

The datum that Kenya is ahead Nigeria in all aspect is indeed a pseudo cheesy
Haha they don't wonna digest facts, they take posting pictures of flamingos and bushes for development I shake head for Kenya. Yes Nigeria isn't right there and Nigerian will admit it but this people are celebrating mediocrity

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 7:54pm On Apr 19, 2017
gallivant:

Where have you addressed the correlation between tourism and multinationals? I don't debate retards. Good day sir.

You retarded illustrate.

Multinational companies like hyundai, Tata, Peugeot, etc are multinational companies.

Shell, Chevron, Mobil, AGIP, Oando, UBA, Gtb, Zenith etc are multinational companies.

MTN, Etisalat, Airtel, Glo etc are multinational national companies

General Electric, and others are multinational companies.

I wonder where your brain is when you boast of multinational companies in a $60 billion economy.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2017
Eastwalk:
Haha they don't wonna digest facts, they take posting pictures of flamingos and bushes for development I shake head for Kenya. Yes Nigeria isn't right there and Nigerian will admit it but this people are celebrating mediocrity

The funny thing is someone was shouting second largest port in Africa but he never even talked of the value of the goods passing through the port. 500 containers of Tea will never equal a ship 100 containers of rice not to talk of oil, cars, cement, clothing etc.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Eastwalk(m): 8:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
iblawi:

The funny thing is someone was shouting second largest port in Africa but he never even talked of the value of the goods passing through the port. 500 containers of Tea will never equal a ship 100 containers of rice not to talk of oil, cars, cement, clothing etc.
Never take them serious grin same way they are comparing Nairobi with 696km2 with larger percentage of slums with Lagos with 3,577km2 with lesser number of slums. With higher population and dynamic economy, those guys are subjective thinkers, only look at one side of a matter, the side that suit their unrealistic egos grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
Keep Hating More from Nairobi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2017
Eastwalk:
Never take them serious grin same way they are comparing Nairobi with 696km2 with larger percentage of slums with Lagos with 3,577km2 with lesser number of slums. With higher population and dynamic economy, those guys are subjective thinkers, only look at one side of a matter, the side that suit their unrealistic egos grin

Apart from Makoko in Lagos, nowhere else in the entire Lagos state is a full blown slum. Don't let anyone deceive you. Agege, Mushin, Ajegunle, Bariga e.t.c which people call slums are not slums. They are just very low income areas.
If you want to see what slums look like, google Kenyan slums.
Majority of the residents and areas of low income parts of Lagos state have some levels of sanitation, running tap water, septic tanks, tarred roads e.t.c. You cannot find that in a full blown slum like those in Kenya.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2017
gallivant:

Naija cities can borrow a leaf and some grass.

Nigerian cities are very different and some are more green than any Kenyan city you can think of.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
Just30:
check out the every single Ghanaian, has a Kente in his closet and it's worn occasionally.

Well then, when your Kente fashion industry is worth billions of dollars, we can talk.
I get am nor be for mouth.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
Nowenuse:

Well then, when your Kente fashion industry is worth billions of dollars, we can talk.
I get am nor be for mouth.
it's worth more than that and there's no need to talk.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Eastwalk(m): 8:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
You guys should stop comparing Nairobi with Lagos it a crime against obvious facts and common sense grin grin

Lagos

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Eastwalk(m): 8:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
Nowenuse:

Apart from Makoko in Lagos, nowhere else in the entire Lagos state is a full blown slum. Don't let anyone deceive you. Agege, Mushin, Ajegunle, Bariga e.t.c which people call slums are not slums. They are just very low income areas.
If you want to see what slums look like, google Kenyan slums.
Majority of the residents and areas of low income parts of Lagos state have some levels of sanitation, running tap water, septic tanks, tarred roads e.t.c. You cannot find that in a full blown slum like those in Kenya.
True
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
Muafrika2:

Wiz who?

I've heard of that spoilt brat cum drug addict
loooooooooppplllll I smell hate
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
Just30:
OK ooo na u sabi
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2017
Nowenuse:

But Nairobi is the only cold part of Kenya. There are cold cities/places in Nigeria too e.g Jos, Port harcourt, Mambilla Plateau. Jos (my hometown especially) can go as low as 5°c. It is a mountaineous city.
I didn't know PH was cold

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I knew this would follow promptly. I hope you know that what usually results are nigerian cities looking like big slums. Thats why Nigeria is not very attractive to foreign companies. They just google one image of Lagos and what comes up is an ugly city and they conclude its hell there. Dude, don't get pissed by nairobi. Its so sad when you get pissed because the city looks awesome

I'm not pissed with Nairobi. Nairobi is actually a beautiful place.
My only problem with Kenya is that your govt does not carry everyone along (and you guys will always keep paying the price).
Human development is better than infrastructural development.
You may have the infrastructures that bring in the foreigners and the rich kenyans to enjoy themselves, but of what use is this when half of the city's population are living below the poverty line in slums and are unproductive? The slums even have more visiting foreigners (NGOs) than the main city. Is this not a huge embarassment to the city?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2017
Just30:

Yet your economy is so bleeping small. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2017
Nowenuse:

Jos gets as low as 5°c. It's my hometown.
seriously?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
uzzyfire:
I didn't know PH was cold

PH is not very cold, but it is hardly very hot. Hardly do temperatures exceed 28° in PH. It is usually 19-25°c most times.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
uzzyfire:
seriously?

Of course. Have u ever been to Jos? Many youth corpers die in Jos yearly because of the cold, but they are now given better orientation.
Dec- Feb and sometimes Nov and March, Jos regularly falls to 1 digit temp, as low as even 4°c during nights and mornings.

We have to boil water to wash plates, clothes and brush our teeth. We are on handgloves, stockings, many clothes and thick sweaters always during this period.

You can stay days without bathing and still look fresh.
You can leave raw meat outside for days and it still won't spoil.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Nairobi alone attracts more multinational companies than Lagos and Abuja Combined. And am sure even if we add all other Naija cities, nairobi would still trounce them
and yet Lagos alone is richer than kenya
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
Nowenuse:

Of course. Have u ever been to Jos? Many youth corpers die in Jos yearly because of the cold, but they are now given better orientation.
Dec- Feb and sometimes Nov and March, Jos regularly falls to 1 digit temp, as low as even 4°c during nights and mornings.

We have to boil water to wash plates, clothes and brush our teeth. We are on handgloves, stockings, many clothes and thick sweaters always during this period.

Jesu!! that means everybody in Russia will soon die

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
Nowenuse:

how often does Jo's have hailstorms ? does it get very hot
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 9:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
uzzyfire:
and yet Lagos alone is richer than kenya
Kidnapping foreigners is a cottage industry in 9ja,abi? People even borrow money to go into this "business". Which foreign organization would want to set up shop in such an environment?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Kidnapping foreigners is a cottage industry in 9ja,abi? People even borrow money to go into this "business". Which foreign organization would want to set up shop in such an environment?
people that want to be rich loooooolll, guy Nigeria is d land of opportunities, anybody dat invests on Nigeria wud make money.
big brother is a typical example. I'm sure u enjoyed d bbnaija show looooll

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Nobody kidnaps foreigners in Lagos , except d foreigner finds himself at d wrong place at d wrong time
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 9:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
uzzyfire:
people that want to be rich loooooolll, guy Nigeria is d land of opportunities, anybody dat invests on Nigeria wud make money.
big brother is a typical example. I'm sure u enjoyed d bbnaija show looooll
The problem with Uzi guns is not that they fire inaccurately, they heat up so fast after very short bursts, they are just not useful. Overhyped. Weak rebuttal. Next!!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 19, 2017
MtuMsuper:

The problem with Uzi guns is not that they fire inaccurately, they heat up so fast after very short bursts, they are just not useful. Overhyped. Weak rebuttal. Next!!
wetin u dey yarn

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
uzzyfire:
Nobody kidnaps foreigners in Lagos , except d foreigner finds himself at d wrong place at d wrong time
Why do most foreigners in nigeria feel insecure? I know of oil workers living behind barbedwires,CCTV and armed bodyguards.. Why would i want to base my multinational ICT, social media or finance company in such a place?

Ps: So you're saying there are 'wrong' places to be?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
Eastwalk:
You guys should stop comparing Nairobi with Lagos it a crime against obvious facts and common sense grin grin

Lagos

Get a better camera before I come to the conclusion.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 19, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Why do most foreigners in nigeria feel insecure? I know of oil workers living behind barbedwires,CCTV and armed bodyguards.. Why would i want to base my multinational ICT, social media or finance company in such a place?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Oil employees in particular. Such a high risk job there. I've just seen nigeria's chief spy has been caught with 43 million dollars in his flat ! grin grin grin grin grin

No, am not hating bros, we also have corruption here but this one was hella funny. I mean, the country's chief spy should do a better job hiding his loot!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 12:07am On Apr 20, 2017
iblawi:

You retarded illustrate.

Multinational companies like hyundai, Tata, Peugeot, etc are multinational companies.

Shell, Chevron, Mobil, AGIP, Oando, UBA, Gtb, Zenith etc are multinational companies.

MTN, Etisalat, Airtel, Glo etc are multinational national companies

General Electric, and others are multinational companies.

I wonder where your brain is when you boast of multinational companies in a $60 billion economy.

I told you you are retarded. I am sure even Somalia has all those companies but where are the headquarters? Certainly not in congested Lagos! They are in Kenya or SA. Before you reply and show everyone how retarded you remember such facts are in the public domain. Good day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.