Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,789 members, 7,875,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (4196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6309961 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4193) (4194) (4195) (4196) (4197) (4198) (4199) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by abbeg(m): 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2019
XhosaNostra:

What is up with your giraffes? They do shakara?
Well..
I would also do Shakara if I was forced to pose in front of a thousand cameras each day.Without being paid.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2019
XhosaNostra:

I just looked them up & they sure do look good. But isn't mtori a banana based dish or do you have different types of mtori?
Btw, I honestly wasn't aware other people also eat amasi. We learn new things everyday.

Jaycent & co, how about some bush rat soup daar? tongue
Lol we don't eat bush rat soup here in Nigeria, Xhosa? Which one is bush rat soup again kwanu. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by abbeg(m): 3:43pm On Apr 05, 2019
jaycent:
Lol we don't eat bush rat soup here in Nigeria, Xhosa? Which one is bush rat soup again kwanu. grin
She probably means 'bush meat' or cane rat.Not sure it's cooked into stew but she wasn't totally off track.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JaceBlaze: 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2019
tylann:

You have not watched game of thrones
You are a kriminal
It is interesting

But the novels and TV series differ a little bit
Iam also not a fan of harry potter but when i get bored i can read anything
Lol @ kriminal.Hell awaits me then cos there's a lot movies that were popular when they came out but I didn't care,50 shades of grey being one of them.The hooha about that movie was deafening.somebody uploaded it for me and I just skimmed through scenes and deleted it without a thorough watch

So which do you prefer between the TV series and the novels?...speaking of series,I enjoy The Vikings at the moment,have you peeped that?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 3:46pm On Apr 05, 2019
abbeg:
Trying to be a rebel eh?
Carry on then
traitor!! grin grin grin

Some of us were not born to follow tongue

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2019
abbeg:
Well..
I would also do Shakara if I was forced to pose in front of a thousand cameras each day.Without being paid.

Hahaha. They must be feeling like celebs or something.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 3:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
jaycent:

That thing that looks like a skunk that people are always killing & cooking here on NL grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2019
JaceBlaze:
Lol @ kriminal.Hell awaits me then cos there's a lot movies that were popular when they came out but I didn't care,50 shades of grey being one of them.The hooha about that movie was deafening.somebody uploaded it for me and I just skimmed through scenes and deleted it without a thorough watch

So which do you prefer between the TV series and the novels?...speaking of series,I enjoy The Vikings at the moment,have you peeped that?

Vikings i have watched it Ragnar lothbrok and his raidings and his sons
Game of thrones series is straight forward
The novels are more detailed and complex if you haven't watched the series you will have hard time understanding the novels
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2019
abbeg:
She probably means 'bush meat' or cane rat.Not sure it's cooked into stew but she wasn't totally off track.
Oh something like this right!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2019
XhosaNostra:

What is up with your giraffes? They do shakara?

If you don't have food to give them they won't come near you
And so you will not touch them and take pics with then

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 3:59pm On Apr 05, 2019
tylann:

If you don't have food to give them they won't come near you
And so you will not touch them and take pics with then

LMFAO. Wow. Too funny.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2019
ednited:

Ethiopia has no good news now.
The only good news is your presence to me.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2019
abbeg:
I'll make sure I do!
I love giraffes/unpaid labourers so much!!
grin grin

Make sure you carry food for them
For a successful trip
.you don't want to be disappointed by the giraffes

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JaceBlaze: 4:02pm On Apr 05, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

LOL. What I find ironic is Wakanda and black panther is
The invention of a white man
White businessmen sat up in their Hollywood offices and thought "how about we throw a bone to these Africans by keeping them entertained with this Wakanda fiction,maybe this will distract them from the fact that we are still looting Africa,and hey why not? we also offload the burden of being blamed for slavery all the time".
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 4:02pm On Apr 05, 2019
XhosaNostra:

That thing that looks like a skunk that people are always killing & cooking here on NL grin
You mean this one grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 4:03pm On Apr 05, 2019
jaycent:
Oh something like this right!

OK this is funny
My Nigerian friend at the university told me that you guys
Also eat monitor lizards grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 4:03pm On Apr 05, 2019
jaycent:
You mean this one grin

Yes ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 4:06pm On Apr 05, 2019
XhosaNostra:

LMFAO. Wow. Too funny.

So whoever has a lot of food will attract many giraffes

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 4:14pm On Apr 05, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Yes ooo grin
Well, I ate it when I was 5/6 years old. My dad don't like eating it and if he catches us eating it, we're in a big trouble? The reason why is because, the Igbo people normally call it "Nnewi". Which is "mother of rat"? And that's the name of their village grin
So it's forbidden for anyone in that village to eat that bush rat grin

But I don't know for others!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2019
tylann:

OK this is funny
My Nigerian friend at the university told me that you guys
Also eat monitor lizards grin
Not you guys T.man, count me out? grin

Maybe some Nigerians do eat it because I have never seen even one person eating that meat grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:19pm On Apr 05, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

kazi dont get it...he got a twisted way of reasoning...
Who has twisted mind? Can a Kenyan know foods more than me who have spent my childhood growing food? What do u know about food?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 4:24pm On Apr 05, 2019
jaycent:
Well, I ate it when I was 5/6 years old. My dad don't like eating it and if he caught us eating it, we're in a big trouble? The reason why is because, the Igbo people normally call it "Nnewi". Which is "mother of rat"? And that's the name of their village grin
So it's forbidden for anyone in that village to eat that bush rat grin

But I don't know for others!

OK grin

Is it like a spirit animal/totem for Igbo people?

In my tribe we have the Mpondomise clan & their spirit animal is a snake. When a baby is born, the snake pays a visit & it often hides itself inside the baby's blanket. Because of this one clan, people often accuse all of us of either having snakes hidden in our vjjs or that we're born with snakes, which is just ridiculous.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
Kazikazi:
Who has twisted mind? Can a Kenyan know foods more than me who have spent my childhood growing food? What do u know about food?

Now kumamoto is a farmer? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

How many things are you kumamoto?

1. An Engineer
2. A chef
3. A jiko artisan
4. Arefugee
5. A farmer
6. A professional proposer

.........and despite all this, you are still very useless.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
abbeg:
Lagos is a city and Ghana is a country dipshit.I'm not surprised you couldn't reason something as basic as that.
And would you quit cracking your lame coke and gala joke? It makes zero sense.
Wait...
Isn't gala Nigerian? How come you know it down to its price?
SHUT UP AND DEAL WITH THIS

Illiterate Nigerians Selling Their Young Daughters Over Facebook
Profile picture for user Tyler Durden
by Tyler Durden
Thu, 04/04/2019 - 23:45
SHARES
TwitterFacebookRedditEmailPrint
Debt-laden parents in the south Nigerian region of Obanliku have been selling their daughters to older men since long before the internet even existed. Now, with the help of their tech-savvy sons, often-illiterate tribesmen have been listing their young daughters on Facebook to be sold into de facto slavery in what is known as "money marriage."

As the Daily Beast's Philip Obaji Jr. reports, girls as young as 10 years old (and by other accounts, age five) in the 17-village-strong Becheve community are often referred to as "money wives," or "money women," and are sold in exchange for food, livestock, cash, or to settle debts.

Like hundreds, or perhaps thousands, of girls from the Becheve clan who are victims of money marriages, Monica and her sister were sold without their consent. Their father wanted to clear the debt he owed to a distant relative. The two sisters got married a month apart to men whom they did not know at all and who were old enough to be their grandfathers.

Their respective husbands got in touch with their father after seeing the Facebook page where he posted photos of his six daughters to draw the attention of his tribesmen. The men of the clan have found the new technology helps to extend and expand their old, exploitative traditions. -Daily Beast

"My father knew nothing about Facebook until my elder brother bought him a smartphone and convinced him to join Facebook and post our photographs whenever he likes," said 16-year-old Monica, one of two sisters who were sold to men over the social media platform. "He'll buy new clothes and force me and my sisters to put them on before taking photographs of us."

"It is young people who convince old men to look for wives on Facebook," said Monica - a former child bride who ran away from her husband to live with friends less than a year after getting married. "The man I married said his oldest son showed him my photo on Facebook and directed him to my father."

Ogbakoko community via punchng.com
It's not just Nigeria either - last November, Facebook took heat for posts discussing the sale of a 16-year-old South Sudanese girl who was sold for 530 cows, three Land Cruiser V8 cars and $10,000 - after a bidding war broke out between five men, including senior officials in the South Sudanese government.

Facebook said it took down the post as soon it learned of of it on Nov. 9, but that wasn't until after the victim, Nyalong Ngong Deng Jalang, had been married off as the 10th wife of Kok Alat, a wealthy businessman from the country’s capital city of Juba, on Nov. 3. The post seeking bids for the teenager reportedly was published on Oct. 25.

After publication of the winning bid, Jalang achieved a certain notoriety in local media as “the most expensive woman in South Sudan.” -Daily Beast

The money wives of Bechive are typically not allowed to go to school, and can be traded and sold between husbands. If a money wife's husband dies, she belongs to his next-of-kin. And if a money wife dies without bearing a child, her parents have the right to bring another girl in the family to replace her. In all scenarios, they aren't allowed to run back to their parents.

"The practice is meant to boost the status of the men in Becheve community," said local Ogbakoko chief Magnus Ejikang, who added "The more brides you have, the more respect you gain in the community."

Marital abuse and exploitation

"Once he married me, he turned me into his slave and punching bag," said Monica, one of the two daughters sold over Facebook for 20,000 Nigerian naira (approximately $50), along with a pig, two goats and some yams. "He said he paid so much to marry me and so I had to labor hard by working for hours everyday in the farm to prove that I'm a grateful wife."

Monica and her sister, who is still married to her 65-year-old husband, aren't the only girls to have ended up in forced marriage after their photos appeared on Facebook. Regina, another teenager from the Becheve tribe, was sold in January by her parents to a man already married with two wives and 11 children. Her husband found her photo on the Facebook page of her uncle, who is notorious for putting photographs of his female relatives on the social media site to draw the attention of men from Becheve seeking child brides. She was then forced into marriage after her uncle pressured her parents, to the dismay of her older brother. -Daily Beast

"Our greedy uncle, in his usual way of manipulating his brothers into selling their daughters, convinced my parents [to give out their daughter in marriage] because he wanted a share of the bride price money," said John Ashua, whose 15-year-old sister Regina is now part of a plural marriage. "He earns a living by looking for husbands for the girls in the family even when they are not ready to get married."

Regina, meanwhile, has dropped out of school to do chores at home, including looking after her husband's livestock. She is frequently beaten.

"He beat me last night because I said I was tired and couldn't have sex with him," said the now-pregnant Regina, who added "Whenever he returns home at night, he demands sex."

Facebook is hugely popular in Nigeria with about a fifth of the country's 98 million internet users connected to the site. But in rural areas like the Becheve community, where literacy levels are not so high among the elderly, the social media platform is mostly common among young people, who are the greatest owners of smart phones. Activists say youths in the clan are actually the brain behind men searching for money wives on Facebook. -Daily Beast

"The majority of Becheve men knew nothing about Facebook until their sons and other young relatives began to show them photos of young Becheve girls on the platform," according to Nigerian women's rights researcher Queen Eteng, who works for Our Women Network. "Most fathers don't run the Facebook pages opened in their names. Rather it is younger family members who create the pages and post the photos."

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jaqenhghar: 4:28pm On Apr 05, 2019
abbeg:
See how they f**ked up Lagos in civil war.They don't even try.
The one I found hilarious was their portrayal of Sambisa. Swampy Sambisa forest all green with wild plantains just like in the south. grin oyinbo

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 4:28pm On Apr 05, 2019
Everyday nigerian dishes grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jaqenhghar: 4:32pm On Apr 05, 2019
JaceBlaze:
White businessmen sat up in their Hollywood offices and thought "how about we throw a bone to these Africans by keeping them entertained with this Wakanda fiction,maybe this will distract them from the fact that we are still looting Africa,and hey why not? we also offload the burden of being blamed for slavery all the time".
Hahahahaa. I had similar thoughts too. Our brothers in America drink that shit up like their koolaid grin grin grin. They talk about it like its the seco d coming of christ
I SMH when I see peeps do that wakanda salute
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Stevoh18: 4:39pm On Apr 05, 2019
Tanzanian will see dust

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:40pm On Apr 05, 2019
NairobiWalker:

Now kumamoto is a farmer? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

How many things are you kumamoto?

1. An Engineer
2. A chef
3. A jiko artisan
4. Arefugee
5. A farmer
6. A professional proposer

.........and despite all this, you are still very useless.

grin grin grin grin
I won't forget the day you were mixing up btn clays and silicates. That is the time when I knew am dealing with zero brain
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:42pm On Apr 05, 2019
Stevoh18:
Tanzanian will see dust
What's that? Have they made a draw?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Stevoh18: 4:42pm On Apr 05, 2019
jaycent:
You mean this one grin

A giant rat
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 4:43pm On Apr 05, 2019
XhosaNostra:

OK grin

Is it like a spirit animal/totem for Igbo people?

In my tribe we have the Mpondomise clan & their spirit animal is a snake. When a baby is born, the snake pays a visit & it often hides itself inside the baby's blanket. Because of this one clan, people often accuse all of us of either having snakes hidden in our vjjs or that we're born with snakes, which is just ridiculous.
Hmmmm Interesting? So now, what if someone mistakly kill the snake or just did it intentionally! What will happen to that person?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4193) (4194) (4195) (4196) (4197) (4198) (4199) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.