Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,746 members, 7,895,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 02:36 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (6054) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6375184 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6051) (6052) (6053) (6054) (6055) (6056) (6057) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2019
gallivant:

What does a golf course have to do with showcasing Europeans? I only asked you to post the greens!! grin

Shut up , neither you nor jonraid mentioned greenery..beside tell me, which golf course doesn't have greenery..
.we know what you want to see is pale skin and we have showed you...Enjoy your caucasian view Chennai.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 3:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
I rather think than day dream about Lekki deep sea port. According to PWC - the next ports to watch in Sub Sahara Africa are Durban, Mombasa and Abidjan. I expect Mombasa to soon break into the world top 100 ports.

And we haven't started on LAMU DEEP SEA PORT THAT IS READY - not wet dreams.

Durban, Abidjan and Mombasa most likely to become major hubs in Africa
Sub-Saharan ports run the risk of sacrificing further growth through lack of investment amid growing congestion, PwC says. But operators cite high government involvement in the sector as a risk consideration

samorobo:

Keep thinking sir...you need to make that brain active Afterall..

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
This is a private hospital o...single handedly built by a Nigerian unlike one country that the starving citizens rent their wives and daughters to foreign to escape extreme hunger grin

Very true.....

No native black kenyans(tree climbers) can ever achieve such feat...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
rvp20182:
I rather think than day dream about Lekki deep sea port. According to PWC - the next ports to watch in Sub Sahara Africa are Durban, Mombasa and Abidjan. I expect Mombasa to soon break into the world top 100 ports.

Sub-Saharan ports run the risk of sacrificing further growth through lack of investment amid growing congestion, PwC says. But operators cite high government involvement in the sector as a risk consideration

Lol...if you are not thinking you are imagining...
Mombasa flooded port has nothing on apapa and tin can port...it simply can't compete..just ask shma..

Tell us how far have you imagined nairobi today..lol

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
samorobo:

Shut up , neither you nor jonraid mentioned greenery..beside tell me, which golf course doesn't have greenery..
.we know what you want to see is pale skin and we have showed you...Enjoy your caucasian view Chennai.

Neither of us asked for Europeans Sammy. Golfing doesn't mean white people you coon. No wonder you foolishly bleach your skins trying to imitate!! tongue
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ghana Cedis - the familiar story. I was trying to do some conversion and I see the CEDIS deprecation is full steam. IMF team are doing press ups ready for another trip down the gold coast.

The cedi is down 13% so far in 2019, according to data compiled by Bloomberg, poised for the worst decline since 2015, when it slumped 18%.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-05/there-s-no-escaping-quarter-century-losing-run-for-ghana-s-cedi
Markets
Ghana’s Cedi Heads for 25th Straight Annual Drop Against the U.S. Dollar
By Moses Mozart Dzawu
December 5, 2019, 1:42 PM GMT+3 Updated on December 5, 2019, 3:47 PM GMT+3
Currency depreciated 13% this year as fiscal slippage weighs
Cedi has weakened versus dollar every year since at least 1994

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
gallivant:

Those villagers must be sick all the time otherwise it's a stupid location. shocked

Having world class hospitals built in a village is not a bad thing Chennai...go ask ganhdi in delhi grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2019
samorobo:

Lol...if you are not thinking you are imagining...
Mombasa flooded port has nothing on apapa and tin can port...it simply can't compete..just ask shma..

Tell us how far have you imagined nairobi today..lol

Mombasa handles more cargo than both tin can and Apapa. Facts are stubborn. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 3:26pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ghana - the Cursed Country in Africa macro-economics (Did the slaves have anything to do with this?)

After exchanging 1 cedis for 10,000 cedis in 2007 - the ZEROS ARE BACK UP.

Ghana to introduce higher denominations of local currency, new coin
Source: Xinhua| 2019-11-29 21:55:57|Editor: xuxin
ACCRA, Nov. 29 (Xinhua) -- Ghana will introduce two higher denominations of the local cedi currency to complement the existing series, the Bank of Ghana announced here on Friday.

The 100 Ghana cedis and 200 Ghana cedis denominations are to ensure customer convenience and bring about efficiency in the printing of currency to generate savings for the country.

Announcing the decision at a press conference, governor of the central bank Ernest Addison said the bank would also introduce a new two cedis coin in addition to existing coin categories of the currency.

He explained that the face value of the cedi had eroded over the past 12 years, compared with the US Dollar.

When it was introduced 12 years ago, the value of the redenominated currency was 0.92 Ghana cedis to one US dollar.

"Twelve years after the redenomination exercise, sustained periods of high inflation and the perennial depreciation of the currency have eroded, in real terms, the face value of the series of the notes," Addison said.

This year alone, the cedi recorded a 10.4 percent cumulative depreciation between January and September.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 3:27pm On Dec 17, 2019
samorobo:

Having world class hospitals built in a village is not a bad thing Chennai...go ask ganhdi in delhi grin

So you ferry the sick from the cities to the village for healthcare? You guys are not any smarter than chimpanzees!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 3:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
The head dwarf had promised 1 cedi 1Usd smiley

President Nana Akufo-Addo who was then a flagbearer of the NPP registered his unhappiness about how a United States (US) dollar was selling at GHC2.0, adding that he will ensure it will be reversed to GHC1.0 when he is elected into power.

“One dollar, one cedi. But in the time of Mills and Mahama, GHC2.0 is equivalent to Ghc1.0. I’m saying to the people of Ghana, I’m sorry. We are sorry for the poor work. In Kufuor’s time, one of the people who advised and helped him develop a strong cedi was my running mate, Mahamadu Bawumia”. He stated.

However, three years into power and the cedi is now selling between GH¢5.30 and GH¢5.70 under the NPP administration

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
gallivant:

So you ferry the sick from the cities to the village for healthcare? You guys are not any smarter than chimpanzees!

Lol..what are you talking about Chennai...

Our cities have hospitals too.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2019
gallivant:

Mombasa handles more cargo than both tin can and Apapa. Facts are stubborn. grin

Facts are stubborn but your noise ain't fact...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 3:35pm On Dec 17, 2019
samorobo:

Very true.....

No native black kenyans(tree climbers) can ever achieve such feat...
I swear
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
samorobo:

You are right....My own is if they know they won't disbursed that loan into the aforementioned Project then they should not bother collecting it at all....

We don't want our govt to start introduction Kenyatta style of govt with wicked loan which later matures to debt

But with the profit made from providing electricity, agricultural produce, transport facilities and solid minerals a lot of money is bound to be made even more than the loan was for example through agriculture we could create 20 billion dollars with the rice,cassava,plantain,wheat,cocoa and palm oil, than for the mining contract with gold, iron, nickel, quartz sand, uranium etc could create 10-20 billion dollars as well already the loan has almost been paid away added with the electricity production the economy would boom and a lot of money would be created
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2019
Just30:

grin grin grin grin grin

yes i know the capacity of the terminal.

there are 9 ship to shore gantries at terminal 3
5 at terminal 2.

only the dry and wet bulk carrier terminal is bigger than anything in kenya.

Ghana ports don't even come close to any east Africa port, maybe Somalia and Eritrea.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 3:54pm On Dec 17, 2019
rvp20182:

The difference is that Mombasa port has space to expand, whilst the Lagos port has No space to expand, then for the Lekki port it can be expanded all the way to 10 million TEUs, same for bakassi and onne sea port as well as that the Lagos port is spread out into 3 if all three of them were made one it would be larger than Mombasa but they aren’t than for your LAMU port it is not very feasible is it not for the country itself but for other countries which are closer to Djibouti port that will serve Ethiopia and South Sudan not Kenya

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2019
Abohboy:

But with the profit made from providing electricity, agricultural produce, transport facilities and solid minerals a lot of money is bound to be made even more than the loan was for example through agriculture we could create 20 billion dollars with the rice,cassava,plantain,wheat,cocoa and palm oil, than for the mining contract with gold, iron, nickel, quartz sand, uranium etc could create 10-20 billion dollars as well already the loan has almost been paid away added with the electricity production the economy would boom and a lot of money would be created

You right, but I am with you he opinion that they make use of very dime on the project you listed..we don't want them going the Kenyatta and Sonko way.....

The should also try collecting that $62bn debt from those international oil mongrels

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
gallivant:

Why do you need two or three monikers? You are a total clown monkey.
Go and rent your wife to tourists before hunger will finish you.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
samorobo:

Lol..what are you talking about Chennai...

Our cities have hospitals too.

Do your villages have museums as well? grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 4:20pm On Dec 17, 2019
gallivant:

Do your villages have museums as well? grin

Deflection Chennai, deflection...

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
Abohboy:

The difference is that Mombasa port has space to expand, whilst the Lagos port has No space to expand, then for the Lekki port it can be expanded all the way to 10 million TEUs, same for bakassi and onne sea port as well as that the Lagos port is spread out into 3 if all three of them were made one it would be larger than Mombasa but they aren’t than for your LAMU port it is not very feasible is it not for the country itself but for other countries which are closer to Djibouti port that will serve Ethiopia and South Sudan not Kenya

The thing is Djiboutians and Eritreans are laggards like you so Lamu port is more than feasible.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 4:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
gallivant:

The thing is Djiboutians and Eritreans are laggards like you so Lamu port is more than feasible.

They maybe be laggards like Kenya but their port isn't....

Djibouti port is one of the best port on the continent..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 4:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
samorobo:

You right, but I am with you he opinion that they make use of very dime on the project you listed..we don't want them going the Kenyatta and Sonko way.....

The should also try collecting that $62bn debt from those international oil mongrels

They’re still chasing them they even took them to a court in Milan and are still demanding the money in the case that we do get that money the government said the housing deficit, roads, education and healthcare would all be solved and would probably be even better than what you see in countries like South Africa

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 4:39pm On Dec 17, 2019
gallivant:

Their port is still well run trust me you will spend your 5 billion dollars on that port only to find that it was a wasted investment that you will make no profit from

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
samorobo:

Deflection Chennai, deflection...

What am I deflecting?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
Abohboy:

Their port is still well run trust me you will spend your 5 billion dollars on that port only to find that it was a wasted investment that you will make no profit from

Trust you on what? Lamu port is already complete. I trust you never to finish Lekki sea port, what do you think?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2019
samorobo:

They maybe be laggards like Kenya but their port isn't....

Djibouti port is one of the best port on the continent..

Just like Tema and Apapa, best in the world. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 5:00pm On Dec 17, 2019
tickle yourself and laugh

nothing in your underdeveloped
Kenya impresses
Shma:
Ghana ports don't even come close to any east Africa port, maybe Somalia and Eritrea.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2019
rvp20182:
Mombasa handles nearly twice the cargo handled by both Tema and Takoradi. Mombasa also handle more cargo than both Apapa and TinCan of Lagos do. Mombasa port handles twice what it competitor Dar Port does.

Mombasa generates revenues more than 500M USD annually. Profit of more than 150M USD. Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA) is struggling to make 200M usd annual revenues and 20M profit.

Mombasa has I think 24 berths and construction is ongoing for more berths and container terminal.

In Africa Mombasa now sits in no 5 after Durban, Tanger med (Morocco), Port Said & Alexandria(Egypt)

In Sub Sahara Africa it sit next to Durban Port both in cargo and efficiency.

just shut up with the lies

Mombasa handled 25 million tonnes of cargo last year
Tema and takoradi handled 22 million tonnes

mombasa has 16 berths
Tema has 30 berths with 2 more under construction.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 5:05pm On Dec 17, 2019
gallivant:

Trust you on what? Lamu port is already complete. I trust you never to finish Lekki sea port, what do you think?

You see even you do not know that it hasn’t been completed, only one berth has been completed the whole thing will only be completed in 2026 or 2030 according to your own government, than the Lekki sea port they have started in the 2 km long breakwater and they have gotten 1.1 billion dollars of funding already

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 5:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
gallivant:

Just like Tema and Apapa, best in the world. grin

No one said apapa was the best in the world, it is currently congested and has reached it’s limit so we’re moving to the Lekki port and we’ll also develop the bakassi port as well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6051) (6052) (6053) (6054) (6055) (6056) (6057) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 22 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.