Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,137 members, 7,887,292 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:06 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6335794 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 8:07am On Nov 25, 2016
Right. Though Kenya has done a great job to protect it's natural resource. Nigeria is classic example of how not to use oil. It inconceivable what Nigeria has really done with Oil. It hard to imagine the barrels of oil it sell and how little there is to show for it. Totally mind-boggling.
highheybee:
The fact about Kenya tourist and reserve centre is just like Nigeria being blessed with resources...I doff hat for those tourist centers though I've always knew that about Kenya...so literally with Nigeria mineral resources adding to our revenue is the same as Kenya reserve and tourist stuffs.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 8:10am On Nov 25, 2016
Mountains - Mt Kenya - where kenya got it's name
Africa second highest mountain - snow capped mountain that hugs the sky - technically Kilimanjoro is in TZ - after Queen of England gave it as present to some Germany prince.

Longonot mountain -dormant volcano

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 8:19am On Nov 25, 2016
highheybee:
The fact about Kenya tourist and reserve centre is just like Nigeria being blessed with resources...I doff hat for those tourist centers though I've always knew that about Kenya...so literally with Nigeria mineral resources adding to our revenue is the same as Kenya reserve and tourist stuffs.....

NATURAL RESOURCES EARNING
NIGERIA- $160B in 2016 oil revenue
KENYA- $2B in Tourism revenue

Nigeria earned 160B dollars in revenue from its major natural resources in contrast to Kenyas 2B dollars in its natural resource. What i amazes me is where does all that money go to? Its just perplexing to say the least that Kenya outshines Nigeria with only 2% of equivalent of Nigerias 160B revenue.

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 8:21am On Nov 25, 2016
Talk about hotsprings smiley here is Lake Bogoria with real hotsprings that can boil your egg in few seconds.
Kenya depend now mostly on geothermal power - thanks to these hotspring along the great rift valley

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCY7ckFWAAEnTKE.jpg:large[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 8:24am On Nov 25, 2016
It's one of the wonders of this world I tell you. Nigeria look really shitty. All that money I think end up everywhere but Nigeria. If Kenya were to strike oil or gold or diamond like most of these sub-saharan countries it would be first world. Kenya has done well - the biggest non-mineral economy in sub-saharan Africa - purely thanks to ingenuity and hard-work of it's people.
Kenyanstar:

NATURAL RESOURCES EARNING
NIGERIA- $160B in 2016 oil revenue
KENYA- $2B in Tourism revenue

Nigeria earned 160B dollars in revenue from its major natural resources in contrast to Kenyas 2B dollars in its natural resource. What i amazes me is where does all that money go to? Its just perplexing to say the least that Kenya outshines Nigeria with only 2% of equivalent of Nigerias 160B revenue.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 8:35am On Nov 25, 2016
Kenya is endowed with many beautiful lakes: Lake Nakuru , Lake Victoria, Lake Bogoria, Lake Baringo, Lake Naivasha, Lake Turkana, Lake Elementeita, & Lake Magadi - etc
Lake Nakuru

Lake Baringo

Lake Naivasha

Lake Turkana - world largest alkaline lake

[img]http://www.nairobi.diplo.de/contentblob/4139762/Galeriebild_gross/3957110/laketurkana.jpg[/img]
Lake Magadi - one of world largest soda ash deposit

Lake Victoria - straddle 4 countries - second world largest fresh water lake

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 8:47am On Nov 25, 2016
Kenya forest - kenya has many well protected forests that doubles up as game parks.
Aberdare forest - electric fenced of hundrend kilometers

Nairobi City - apart from having game park is also home to two forests
Karura forest

Ngong forest

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 9:07am On Nov 25, 2016
rvp2017:
There is no contest btw Nigeria and Kenya when it come to natural beauty and tourist spots.All I am seeing is rivers and hills in Nigeria.Kenya is incredibly beautiful.From white sandy beaches with some of the best marine parks to plateaus and plains filled with millions of wild game to Africa highest snow capped mountains to the great rift valley with many lakes including second largest fresh water lake in the world and world largest alkaline lake to sandy deserts and all sorts of forests and rivers Kenya is incredibly beautiful..reason millions of tourists spend a fortune to visit and hotels & resorts are plentiful.

Well, Kenya is beautiful and tourism is developed but that doesn't mean Nigeria is not naturally beautiful.

The only difference is Kenya developed theirs while ours are not. Although, Kenya's wild is far better than Nigeria but we have what you don't have. Warm and cold springs, Gorilla Park, blue Lakes and Rivers and culture tourism.

You said only rivers and hills are in Nigeria, no that is not true. The only thing we don't have on your list is millions of wildlife games and snow capped mountain. The rest Nigeria has them in abundance.

Bula Tura Oasis - Yobe State, Nigeria has sandy desert too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 25, 2016
naijalander:
No one is forcing you na, who sigh you?

I just said core Kenyans are more prone to radical liberalist ideals like atheism and homosexuality although there are people with these ideals in Nigeria, core Naija culture is more conservative?

True. I am an atheist and I also have believe the LGBT community should not be discriminated against.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 9:11am On Nov 25, 2016
Some of the Water falls.
Fourteen falls

Thomson falls -Nyahururu

[img]http://eventsimg.blob.core.windows.net/banners/a6761a861f524f453888295fd9b16deb[/img]
Karuru

Chania

Blue post
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 9:13am On Nov 25, 2016
Bula Tura Oasis, Yobe State

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by highheybee: 9:14am On Nov 25, 2016
rvp2017:
It's one of the wonders of this world I tell you. Nigeria look really shitty. All that money I think end up everywhere but Nigeria. If Kenya were to strike oil or gold or diamond like most of these sub-saharan countries it would be first world. Kenya has done well - the biggest non-mineral economy in sub-saharan Africa - purely thanks to ingenuity and hard-work of it's people.

Really true,nigeria is being ruled by corrupted people...that's why a septuagenarian is still ruling us..a great grandfather who I'm sure is suffering from senility Cox he is dumb...god will save us...freedom is not given by the oppressor buh by the oppressed....Nigeria will soon liberates itself...I'm a Yoruba but I wish Biafra can have their wish and gain her independence Cox that will wake us up that we need to stand up to this perpetrators.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 25, 2016
forgiveness:

If anyone from the Nigerian ministry of tourism is seeing this, they should give @forgiveness a job as their online tourist ambassador. Thousands of foreigners will now get to see Nigerian beauty
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 25, 2016
wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 25, 2016
highheybee:

Really true,nigeria is being ruled by corrupted people...that's why a septuagenarian is still ruling us..a great grandfather who I'm sure is suffering from senility Cox he is dumb...god will save us...freedom is not given by the oppressor buh by the oppressed....Nigeria will soon liberates itself...I'm a Yoruba but I wish Biafra can have their wish and gain her independence Cox that will wake us up that we need to stand up to this perpetrators.

Tru, as much as Kenya is corrupt too, Nigeria suffers more, you people have oil, gas and a huuuuuge population. That for me is a super economy in the making
;Dsome reports inagbe lagos.obudu ranch

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 25, 2016
winkargungu fishing festival kebbi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 25, 2016
undecided

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 9:27am On Nov 25, 2016
LightYagami:

If anyone from the Nigerian ministry of tourism is seeing this, they should give @forgiveness a job as their online tourist ambassador. Thousands of foreigners will now get to see Nigerian beauty

Hehehehe! You are very funny. grin

Actually, I am into youth organization that is why I know about Nigeria tourism.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:46am On Nov 25, 2016
forgiveness:

Of course, we have 3 cities of Nairobi status. Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt.

And we have 4 of Mombasa's status, Calabar, Enugu, Ibadan and Kano even Kaduna. Uyo is coming up fast.

Top five Major cities in Nigeria can beat Nairobi when it comes to population. But when it comes to infrastructure,beauty and ambience Nairobi has no equal in Nija.. In the most leavable Cities in Africa Nairobi has been equated to major S.A cities in a kinder way..
http://www.africa.com/blog/the_top_10_most_liveable_cities_in_africa/

Too sad there wasn't even one Nija City on the list.

Mombasa BTW receives more tourist than the whole of Nigeria combined.. Calabar and Enugu cannot even reach a quarter the status of Mombasa.

Its a pity to even put Portharcourt in the same league with Nairobi when Lagos alone cannot fit in.

One thing I respect Nigeria for is how a city with 21m ppl can exist with such a limited infrastructure...

6 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 25, 2016
Enugu, Calabar, Kano and co maybe compare them to Nakuru or Eldoret or even Kisumu, and I said maybe. Nothing close to Mombasa tbh
And lets be realistic here, you cannot compare Port Harcourt to Nairobi. I would not compare Abuja to Nairobi. But I can compare Lagos to Nairobi
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JustNje(f): 10:20am On Nov 25, 2016
forgiveness:

Wow!!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 10:30am On Nov 25, 2016
LightYagami:
Enugu, Calabar, Kano and co maybe compare them to Nakuru or Eldoret or even Kisumu, and I said maybe. Nothing close to Mombasa tbh
And lets be realistic here, you cannot compare Port Harcourt to Nairobi. I would not compare Abuja to Nairobi. But I can compare Lagos to Nairobi

The bigger part of Kano and Ibadan are Vast unplanned settlements which grew from the ancient cities with zero improvement... They have 5-10 times the population of cities like Nakuru,Kidumu,Eldoret but they 20 times uglier.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 10:40am On Nov 25, 2016
We have a lot of Beach Resorts in Nigeria

Tarkwa Bay Beach, Lagos

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 10:45am On Nov 25, 2016
Ibeno resort, Akwa Ibom

Calabar beach

Coconut beach Lagos

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 10:48am On Nov 25, 2016
There are so many beautiful places in Nigeria hidden to the world.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:11am On Nov 25, 2016
Jay254:

Haha your Nigerian pride is blinding you, No nation is an island... All developed countries are full of multinationals, look at Dubai,China, Singapore they all attracted foreign investors to experience economic bubble they had.. Just a reminder Kenya is the biggest investor in Africa by number of ventures and second to S.A by capital,check where nija is and come back...you keep talking about skyscrapers hahaha funny how you forget tallest structures are under construction in Kenya infact by 2020 the tallest building in Nija will be number 10 in Kenya and BTW who would love to leave in a skyscraper when you can leave in a beautiful mansion near the park,around the forest or near a river atypical example of London and Dubai...

Before I forget Asian countries destroyed their mono rail, they weren't beneficial to them.

I know the value of direct foreign investment and I also know the importance of building mega companies controlled and owned by Nigerians.

Both compliments each other.

You made look as If Nairobi has more multinational companies than Lagos but I am letting you know you are wrong.

We have thousands of Multinational companies headquarters in Lagos both locally and internationally.

How is Kenya the biggest investors in Africa by ventures? Explain yourself.

What is going to be the height of the tallest building in Nairobi by 2020? Is it going to be more than the one Abuja is building? 308 meters.

The skyscrapers are built on a reclaimed sea and beside the sea and a lake. Tell me who would not love to live there?

What are the names of those Asian countries?

The simple truth is Lagos has but Nairobi don't have.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:27am On Nov 25, 2016
ThunderingHooves:

Okay. Wakanow seems an interesting start point should i ever visit Nigeria.
What i really wanted to know as far as tourism is concerned is whether there is a concerted effort by govt/private sector actors to jointly promote your country. Having individual states do their thing is good but its not coordinated. I hope you get my meaning.

Ps. On another thread completely different from this one i asked :do Nigerians consume tea? If so where do they get their tea from? I need someone who can give me a brief overview of the hot beverage market in Nigeria or send me a link to that effect. Thanks in advance.

The system of government makes it the duty of states to generate revenues themselves through resources available to them. They are trying to take most of it back from the government because the government only focused on oil and allowed to places to rot.

Presently, Nigeria is trying to diversify their economy and hopefully they will help to promote our country. Obasanjo government promoted Nigerian tourism industry but after he left, the ones neglected it for oil.

I don't know about tea plantation in Nigeria but you can open a thread for that.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:31am On Nov 25, 2016
LightYagami:

awesome, but kenya has generally cooler more tea producing areas, actually Kenya is one of the leading tea exporters in the world. It is the leading actually if i am not wrong

I know Kenya generates huge revenues from tea. Tea plantation is just one of the steps to diversify Nigeria's economy. It is a very recent development.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 11:36am On Nov 25, 2016
On skyscrapper -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Africa. It rather obvious that Nairobi beat Lagos hands down and africa tallest building 45 & 66(300M) floors Hass tower will be Africa tallest building when completed. The tower 1 (45 floors) will be Nairobi third Hilton hotel. Tower 2 (66 flours) will be mixed use. Abuja one seem like 100m 24flour building?

Nairobi is competing with Joburg & Cairo -Not Lagos.

forgiveness:

I know the value of direct foreign investment and I also know the importance of building mega companies controlled and owned by Nigerians.

You made look as If Nairobi has more multinational companies than Lagos but I am letting you know you are wrong.

We have thousands of Multinational companies headquarters in Lagos both locally and internationally.

What is going to be the height of the tallest building in Nairobi by 2020? Is it going to be more than the one Abuja is building? 308 meters.

The skyscrapers are built on a reclaimed sea and beside the sea and a lake. Tell me who would not love to live there?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:38am On Nov 25, 2016
JustNje:

This is beautiful! Is this in the North and is security that much of a concern?

This is Plateau States in the North Central. There is no security issue in these zone, especially the state.

The places we have security issues are in the North East though the Nigerian military is winning the battle and security many places.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 11:38am On Nov 25, 2016
On skyscrapper -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Africa. It rather obvious that Nairobi beat Lagos hands down on tall buildings - and Hass tower ( 45 & 66(300M) floors will be Africa tallest building when completed. The tower 1 (45 floors) will be Nairobi third Hilton hotel. Tower 2 (66 flours) will be mixed use. Abuja one seem like 100m 24flour building?

Nairobi is competing with Joburg & Cairo -Not Lagos. Lagos would have to finish the reclaimed sea project - victoria or what is the name - to compete with Nairobi - which like Joburg has 3 city centers with huge skyscrappers.

forgiveness:

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.