Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,952 members, 7,876,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 10:17 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (696) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6312700 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 1:11pm On May 16, 2017
shervydman:

why told u this sh!t?.............. Nigerian Math's and science books written by Ghanaians, arrant nonsense!
WHO TAUGHT YOU SCIENCE AND MATHS ? grin grin grin
dumb nigga
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 16, 2017
Just30:
Check the designers of the Mars Curiosity Rover currently on Mars.
Check the Guy who put together the Algorithms that can curry out The worlds fastest super Computing , you dont need a super computer to do that ; just a laptop

well, I checked the designer of the MCR and it says otherwise,can u tell me the guy's name?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 16, 2017
Isahalbash:

Ok...give us d stat of Nigerians bleaching from a reliable sourcegrin

I am wondering why u r pestering me with this info when it is common knowledge. Go to W.H.O website

Lagos, Nigeria - After carefully washing her face, legs and arms, Taiwo Solomon vigorously rubs cream over her body. She is meticulous and makes sure she covers her entire face. Soloman, 32, is bleaching her skin. She believes fairer skin could be her ticket to a better life. So she spends her meager savings on cheap black-market concoctions that promise to lighten her pigment.

This has been a daily routine for the past 15 years. Now several shades lighter she says her new skin makes her feel more beautiful and confident.

“Bleaching just makes me feel special, like am walking around in a spotlight,” she told Al Jazeera. “I am not seeking to be totally white, I just want to look beautiful. I cannot stop using the lightening agents,” she adds.

Solomon is not alone. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), 77 percent of women in Nigeria use skin-lightening products, the world’s highest percentage. That compares with 59 percent in Togo, and 27 percent in Senegal. The reasons for this are varied but most people say they use skin-lighteners because they want "white skin".

In many parts of Africa, lighter-skinned women are considered more beautiful and are believed to be more successful and likely to find marriage.

It's not only women though who are obsessed with bleaching their skins. Some men too are involved in the practice.

Conceptions of beauty

Lightening creams are not effectively regulated in Nigeria where even roadside vendors sell tubes and plastic bags of powders and ointments from cardboard boxes stacked along sidewalks in market districts. Many of the tubes are unlabelled as to their actual ingredients.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2013/04/20134514845907984.html

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 1:14pm On May 16, 2017
Just30:
grin grin grin grin grin They are the definition of backwardness and worse of all, they praise it
When the white men spotted old Benin Empire they were amazed at what they saw, it was organized and well structured definitely not backward, how was Kenya like then? I'm here to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 1:15pm On May 16, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Hahahahahaha

Goalpost shifted once again

Hahaha, are u so ashamed to showcase unrefined beauty from poor rural Kenyan backgrounds?

Let me help u out grin beautiful rural kenyan woman kkkikikikiki

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 1:16pm On May 16, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Sharia doesn't apply in kenya. Consequently, most of those Somali ladies and Swahili ones who are Muslim are free and very secular. I know in Nigeria there are paces that beauty is kept safely under a hijab

But d Somalis I know do cover head. Hijab is a choice, if u like cover if u like don't cover e no concern anybody. D sharia is not in more than 6/36 states and its not even active like dat.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 16, 2017
Just30:
who taught you English, Math aND Science? grin grin grin
funny boy
loooooll how old do u think I am grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 16, 2017
freshest4live:

When the white men spotted old Benin Empire they were amazed at what they saw, it was organized and well structured definitely not backward, how was Kenya like then? I'm here to learn.

abeg, leave all these ones jare.......seems they know nada!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 1:18pm On May 16, 2017
9jakool:

You cannot doust the flame and fuel it at the same time.

anyway that is what i just did. it is called power of speech
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 16, 2017
Nowenuse:

Hahaha, are u so ashamed to showcase unrefined beauty from poor rural Kenyan backgrounds?

Let me help u out grin beautiful rural kenyan woman kkkikikikiki

Kikikiki MUMU

Beautiful Rural Nigerian Woman

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 1:19pm On May 16, 2017
uzzyfire:
loooooll how old do u think I am grin
young enough
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 1:20pm On May 16, 2017
freshest4live:

When the Ancient Ghana empire was the boss of you all
far advance
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 16, 2017
Isahalbash:

But d Somalis I know do cover head. Hijab is a choice, if u like cover if u like don't cover e no concern anybody. D sharia is not in more than 6/36 states and its not even active like dat.

Lol, 6 states is a lot. Here it is none! We cant stand that kind of backwardness in the guise of religion.

Those who cover head do so at will.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 1:21pm On May 16, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I am wondering why u r pestering me with this info when it is common knowledge. Go to W.H.O website

Lagos, Nigeria - After carefully washing her face, legs and arms, Taiwo Solomon vigorously rubs cream over her body. She is meticulous and makes sure she covers her entire face. Soloman, 32, is bleaching her skin. She believes fairer skin could be her ticket to a better life. So she spends her meager savings on cheap black-market concoctions that promise to lighten her pigment.

This has been a daily routine for the past 15 years. Now several shades lighter she says her new skin makes her feel more beautiful and confident.

“Bleaching just makes me feel special, like am walking around in a spotlight,” she told Al Jazeera. “I am not seeking to be totally white, I just want to look beautiful. I cannot stop using the lightening agents,” she adds.

Solomon is not alone. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), 77 percent of women in Nigeria use skin-lightening products, the world’s highest percentage. That compares with 59 percent in Togo, and 27 percent in Senegal. The reasons for this are varied but most people say they use skin-lighteners because they want "white skin".

In many parts of Africa, lighter-skinned women are considered more beautiful and are believed to be more successful and likely to find marriage.

It's not only women though who are obsessed with bleaching their skins. Some men too are involved in the practice.

Conceptions of beauty

Lightening creams are not effectively regulated in Nigeria where even roadside vendors sell tubes and plastic bags of powders and ointments from cardboard boxes stacked along sidewalks in market districts. Many of the tubes are unlabelled as to their actual ingredients.

And they keep saying they have no issue with white skin.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 1:22pm On May 16, 2017
TayserMahiri:
Now Nigerians, shut your mouths and get educated

This is how beauty should look like

Not those muslim girls you're sharing hee and we all know they are slaves under Sharia

Kenyan women

If nudity, fake hair, bikinis and mini gowns is your definition of education and beauty, then i fear for Kenyans. Nigerians will pass pls....

We rather showcase our natural beauty alongside our african culture and modesty.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 1:23pm On May 16, 2017
shervydman:

well, I checked the designer of the MCR and it says otherwise,can u tell me the guy's name?
Dr. Ashitey Trebi-Ollennu
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 16, 2017
freshest4live:

Oh little fella. Ghana's The Ashanti Empire is what should talk about here. Not your shitty empires.

I love the Ashanti Empire, even the name is awesome. Not stupid ass Benign

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 1:24pm On May 16, 2017
Isahalbash:

A kanuri from Jigawa state.

You got a progressive mind.

how many languages you dey spit?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 16, 2017
Nowenuse:

If nudity, fake hair, bikinis and mini gowns is your definition of education and beauty, then i fear for Kenyans. Nigerians will pass pls....

We rather showcase our natural beauty alongside our african culture and modesty.

For a gay boy am not surprised you hate female nudity. As I told you, I will share kenyan men for your private salivation.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 1:25pm On May 16, 2017
Nowenuse:

African ladies are more defined by their behinds rather than the cute face... try focus on both, for better judgement..

And btw that is not nudity in Kenya we are one of the most liberal countries in the world..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 1:26pm On May 16, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Conceptions of beauty

First of all, I didn't say Nigerians don't bleach. Secondly, they mentioned only Lagos/36 states in Nigeria. Third, where did de get 77%grin

If Ghana is not there d stat is not correctgrin seen is believing( gani ya Kori ji).
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 16, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Kikikiki MUMU

Beautiful Rural Nigerian Woman

Mr. Tayser..... I told u I wont take ur pics seriously again unless u insert details.

this woman does not look like a Nigerian..... especially with that ring on her nose.

second time busted!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 16, 2017
Jay254:

And they keep saying they have no issue with white skin.

Its very serious but trust them to deny forever when it is the most serious concern worldwide. Even black women who live in white countries don't bleach as much

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 16, 2017
Jay254:

African ladies are more defined by their behinds rather than the cute face... try focus on both, for better judgement..

And btw that is not nudity in Kenya we are one of the most liberal countries in the world..

Man, ata nikashangaa, is the guy a BH muslim or what?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 16, 2017
Just30:
Dr. Ashitey Trebi-Ollennu

thanks!.....I've checked.
he's a leader of the team that built the MCR. kudos to him and all Ghanaians with Africans at large.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 16, 2017
shervydman:

Mr. Tayser..... I told u I wont take ur pics seriously again unless u insert details.

this woman does not look like a Nigerian..... especially with that ring on her nose.

second time busted!!! grin grin grin grin

Don't trust them, thats your own business
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 1:30pm On May 16, 2017
Just30:
Check the designers of the Mars Curiosity Rover currently on Mars.
Check the Guy who put together the Algorithms that can curry out The worlds fastest super Computing , you dont need a super computer to do that ; just a laptop
pls dont argue with them on education. The general weac we both do tell it all. Ghanian student has won on three consequtive race. Despite their over 1 million secondry school. Ghana is the current champion.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 1:30pm On May 16, 2017
9jakool:

You got a progressive mind.

how many languages you dey spit?

Hausa,English, Kanuri not dat fluent though, I also understand Yoruba but can't speak vry well nd my beloved Pidgingrin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 16, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Oh little fella. Ghana's The Ashanti Empire is what should talk about here. Not your shitty empires.

I love the Ashanti Empire, even the name is awesome. Not stupid ass benign

u love Ashanti? we love it too.......and its BENIN not benign.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 1:32pm On May 16, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Its very serious but trust them to deny forever when it is the most serious concern worldwide. Even black women who live in white countries don't bleach as much

Its very shameful for acountry like Nigeria to bleach that much... Imagine how we curse ppl who do that here at home... Papa jones ilipata yake
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 16, 2017
Jay254:

if we judge by that.............GHANAIANS ladies na oga o grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 1:37pm On May 16, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Man, ata nikashangaa, is the guy a BH muslim or what?

Lazima ni wahizo sides za BH, napia anakaa kupenda wanaume vile umedai... Anashanaza sana

(1) (2) (3) ... (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.