Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,285 members, 7,904,215 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 10:24 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6396633 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2016
winkVictoria island lasgidi grinding

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 25, 2016
wink :Dvi lagos grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 25, 2016
Wow Lagos port.Lagos island. Snake island.Eko atlantic

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MPSA(m): 10:23pm On Nov 25, 2016
forgiveness:

Ok, let us agree Port Harcourt can't be compared with Nairobi but Abuja and Lagos are better than Nairobi in terms of infrastructures and development.

Do you agree with that?

How many cities in China can compete with Japan and South Korea's cities with their 1 billion population?

How many can compete with Canada with their 1 billion population?

Lagos has surpassed Nairobi and it will soon surpass Johannesburg with the way it's developing rapidly.

Recently, Lagos has started building Skyscrapers and has even dedicated Eko Atlantic for such project. It will add to the numbers 100 of highrise already in the city.

In terms of transportation, Lagos has introduced BRT with a dedicated lane and in next few months will face out the popular bus called Danfo. Lagos has started building mono rails across the city which is expected to start functioning at the end of next month. The water transport is another area Lagos is developing. Cable cars are already under construction.

The visible cooperate present in Lagos is the reason we call Financial Headquarters of West Africa. All I have listed are more than Nairobi has presently.

Kaduna population is not up to 1.3 million. There it is clear Nigeria has only three cities above 2 million in population.

We are comparing Ibadan, Kano, Enugu and Calabar with Mombasa, so I don't think it is disappointing because these cities are also developed.

If you know the history of Ibadan then you will understand that it was competing with many big cities in Africa but it suffered due to political situations in Nigeria. Nevertheless, I agree we need to improve which I think some cities have started to do.

First picture is the new bus to replace Danfo

Second picture is the BRT buses currently used in Lagos

Third picture is the cable car to be used in Lagos. You can see the Lagos State officials inspecting it in one foreign country.

4th picture is the map of BRT routes

You are still planning? grin Gautrain Johannesburg grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 10:25pm On Nov 25, 2016
Jayceon:
lol grin you really think Abuja and Cape Town should be mentioned on the same sentence??

Cape Town is slightly ahead of Abuja but Abuja is no push over. Abuja is just around 30 years and it has grown to be big and beautiful city.

Give it 5 - 10 years and it will surpass Cape Town. Really! grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MPSA(m): 10:32pm On Nov 25, 2016
more Gautrain, 100 years is fair grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 10:40pm On Nov 25, 2016
Going to my village Kapsabet-Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 25, 2016
;to my southieeeee pals winkLagos smiley wink state light rail is at our door step)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2016
MPSA:
more Gautrain, 100 years is fair grin

Hehehehe! Lagos Mono rails will start operation in December. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 10:55pm On Nov 25, 2016
Lagos
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MPSA(m): 10:55pm On Nov 25, 2016
100 years is too close grin at least after 800 years grin

Johannesburg

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 25, 2016
forgiveness:

Cape Town is slightly ahead of Abuja but Abuja is no push over. Abuja is just around 30 years and it has grown to be big and beautiful city.

Give it 5 - 10 years and it will surpass Cape Town. Really! grin
don't get me wrong,I have seen the pics of Abuja and it looks really stunning,it looks 10 times better than lagos but I would compare it with Accra in Ghana before I compare it with Cape Town

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 25, 2016
wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 25, 2016
;Dgidi smiley

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
winkxlagos.mainland.eko Atlantic is here cheesy wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Boyedex: 11:26pm On Nov 25, 2016
Jay254:

The ignorance by Nigerians about other countries in Africa is wanting...since 2000 Nairobi has been developing high rise outside the normal CBD witch was contracted from 1900-1990's

Upperhill now has the tallest structure in the region and House a lot of multinationals and major local companies
Sorry I'm still not impressed by your pictures, very few of those structures look as fascinating as what is in Ikoyi, VI and Eko Atlantic. And the guy shouting 100 years for Lagos to catch up with Johannesburg, dream on! It will shock you by the turn of the decade. Just enjoy your "South Africa" is the best while it lasts. It is an open secret to the world that Nigeria is really the force to reckon with in Africa in the middle to long term.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:32pm On Nov 25, 2016
MPSA:
100 years is too close grin at least after 800 years grin

Johannesburg

Hehehehe! Really!? grin

Lekki bridge grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 25, 2016
winkgidi one love[right wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MPSA(m): 11:35pm On Nov 25, 2016
more johannesburg

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:42pm On Nov 25, 2016
Lagos at night grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MPSA(m): 11:46pm On Nov 25, 2016
jozi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 25, 2016
winkgidi up cheesy wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 25, 2016
:Dgidi it is winkBELIEVE

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 25, 2016
winkgidi wink cheesy angry grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:56pm On Nov 25, 2016
Port Harcourt mono rail under construction.

Politics of bitterness dey worry Nigeria

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 12:00am On Nov 26, 2016
Port Harcourt Mono rail angry

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 26, 2016
winkabuja-kaduna light rail wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MPSA(m): 12:08am On Nov 26, 2016
forgiveness:

Hehehehe! Really!? grin

Lekki bridge grin

grin grin 800 years is much better grin, because you are still dreaming about ako atlantic, Brt, cable car and others, grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 26, 2016
MPSA:

grin grin 800 years is much better grin, because you are still dreaming about ako atlantic, Brt, cable car and others, grin
wink. the future is already hear with us.tomorrow belong to todays visionary pace setters.they take tomorrow by shaping it themselves.below is rainbowtown portharcourt both render n reality
World trade center abj and eco atlantic in the next 20months
GOT TO HAVE THAT MUSTARD SEED BELIEVE
WE ALREADY TAKING TOMORROW wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 12:15am On Nov 26, 2016
highheybee:
@forgiveness,oxtpnguy,henrydone and arinze....kudos to all for letting this guy's know we jez don have five beautiful cities like nakuru,mombasa,eldoret,kisumu and Nairobi buh we gat plenty.... and we still have many emerging one

It's our civil responsibility. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Boyedex: 12:20am On Nov 26, 2016
Ibadan tho very ancient, the city is gradually coming up. Looking to be like the hilly old parts of Rio.
Second picture is Abeokuta I took from someone's snap.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 12:21am On Nov 26, 2016
WIZGUY69:
@ Forgiveness
You disappoint me today honesty, wink Why comparing PH ---------> Nairobi...
You can compare Nairobi to Lagos & Abj.
But not the rest.

Hehehehe! I went to PH last month with a foreigner who lives in Lagos, She was impressed.

Nevertheless, I said to some extent, meaning... I just dey joke. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.