Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,251 members, 7,894,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 11:30 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (7424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6359410 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7421) (7422) (7423) (7424) (7425) (7426) (7427) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:38pm On May 09, 2020
Just30:
you know not what you are talking about

we export oil
The 1.7 Trillion cubic feet gas reserves will be used to power Ghana

To power what exactly? Ghana is only good as a oil and gas depot.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 4:40pm On May 09, 2020
mtisTheQubit:
questions ?
WAPCO is a Ghanaian company
any problem ?

We will be building another pipeline to Nigeria soon because of our ever-expanding gas requirement
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 09, 2020
vaxx:
dunb kid. wapco is west Africa company that buy Nigeria gas. when it was put off for nearly three month cus of maintenance, Ghana light never break .
ya still getting gas fro Nigeria..about your lights there is nothing to speak of..its a village dude

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 4:40pm On May 09, 2020
Just30:
grin grin grin

Power cuts are a daily occurrence in Kenya because of supply issues
The Kenya Power is one of the useless company in Kenya. it is working with negative capital. has more liabilities than assets . .....it is a loss making venture despite enjoying monopoly...thanks to their ministry of finance which has the largest share .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:40pm On May 09, 2020
So we are back to Ghana school prank time where we just blurt out any NONSENSE and add similes to it like it was a badge of veracity.
Just30:
grin grin grin
Power cuts are a daily occurrence in Kenya because of supply issues

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:41pm On May 09, 2020
No problem. We have Kengen. We have many IPPS. We have Ketraco (transmission). We have many private players. KPLC - is just a supplier. We are not RSA where Eskom is everything or Nigeria's former NEPA or well Ghana Volta thing.
vaxx:
The Kenya Power is one of the useless company in Kenya. it is working with negative capital. has more liabilities than assets . .....it is a loss making venture despite enjoying monopoly...thanks to their ministry of finance which has the largest share .

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 09, 2020
gallivant:

To power what exactly ? Ghana is only good as a oil and gas depot.
for drying t cocoa beans grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 4:42pm On May 09, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

ya still getting gas fro Nigeria..about your lights there is nothing to speak of..its a village dude
Dumb kid. what is wrong in buying Nigeria gas to augment Ghana existing capacity . USA does it so its Canada? ....In Ghana, light don't go off fool .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:42pm On May 09, 2020
Dar es Salaam's SGR station is almost complete

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:43pm On May 09, 2020
obaaderemi:
Oil is just 10% of Nigeria's economy. The biggest listed companies are non- oil, if you check our stock exchange. Ethiopia also has a high population, what has it done with it? Kenya's population is bigger than Morocco's, how come your GDP is smaller?

Oil accounts for over 90% of all government revenues in Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:44pm On May 09, 2020
Yes - we are interested in AGGREGATED DATA - not pictures of scientists or doctors - unless they have won maybe a NOBEL. Yes Wole Soyinka is good...and remain the ONLY NIgerian to win a nobel.
obaaderemi:
If you've got it you flaunt it like they say.
You've got nothing. You just proved us right. Why do you think the western world and international bodies do ranking of countries by patents filed if such is not important?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Problemkid1: 4:44pm On May 09, 2020
obaaderemi:
Me too. What will help is to restructure the country since most do not embrace unity.
Exactly? Sometimes reading comments of triber war between the Igbos vs Yoruba, Hausa vs Igbo or Youruba, Ijaw vs Igbo or Youruba got me believe that truly Nigeria is not one. Restructure the country is the only way bro. You're right!!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:44pm On May 09, 2020
Airport in Dar es salaam, Tanzania

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:44pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
If am exporting gold and I get free zone license the better.What do you manufacturer? maybe export to Nigeria who cannot while their arse
What is wrong with you since yesterday? You are punch drunk. You rested well and came out late and you are still like this? I think it's high time, you deactivate from nairaland to save your health. Just brotherly advice. Your health is more important to me than these banters. You are still my fellow African in spite of everything. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 4:44pm On May 09, 2020
gallivant:

That's why they are still using generators to power economic activity in oil producing countries.

Will the generator run on water?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 4:45pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
No problem. We have Kengen. We have many IPPS. We have Ketraco (transmission). We have many private players. KPLC - is just a supplier. We are not RSA where Eskom is everything or Nigeria's former NEPA or well Ghana Volta thing.
You may need to go study how your electricity works. you are such a poor and hopeless country . despite ECG Ghana debt, she still have more asset than its liabilitie.Still make more portfit and revenue and yet she is not the only company.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:45pm On May 09, 2020
A surburb in Dar es salaam, Tanzania

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:45pm On May 09, 2020
No problem but you committed to TAKE or Pay for the long while. So your own GAS is pretty useless unless you export it. This year - prepare for 1B dollar to pay Nigerians for excess capacity you won't get.
vaxx:
Dumb kid. what is wrong in buying Nigeria gas to augment Ghana existing capacity . USA does it so its Canada? ....In Ghana, light don't go off fool .

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 09, 2020
vaxx:
grin grin
Just30:
you know not what you are talking about

we export oil
The 1.7 Trillion cubic feet gas reserves will be used to power Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:47pm On May 09, 2020
I know Kenya - and some of Ghana.
Kenya power sector - the regulator is ERC
Then power generators - big one is Kengen-70% owned by gov - and many independent power producers.
Then transmission - Kentraco
And the supplier - KPLC.
And we have GDC - Geothermal Dev Authority - they are putting down serious investment - and we are world leader in Geothermal Energy
vaxx:
You may need to go study how your electricity works. you are such a poor ad hopeless country . despite ECG Ghana debt, she still have more asset that the liabilities she owned. Still make more portfit and revenue and yet she is not the only company.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:47pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
Yes - we are interested in AGGREGATED DATA - not pictures of scientists or doctors - unless they have won maybe a NOBEL. Yes Wole Soyinka is good...and remain the ONLY NIgerian to win a nobel.
Aggregated data, we do better than you. We have more patents filed and granted than you. I've checked.
Even without a Nobel in science. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
No problem but you committed to TAKE or Pay for the long while. So your own GAS is pretty useless unless you export it. This year - prepare for 1B dollar to pay Nigerians for excess capacity you won't get.
that what am trying to tell the dude but he slow in away cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 4:48pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
I am talking about my house in Nairobi. I woke up around 6 and they went off. I went to Westlands and I was back around noon...and they were back. This is rarity and make news. Nigeria and Ghana - this is normal.

And as far news went - it was back everywhere apart from Lamu and Malindi - those are coastal cities up north.

Your mother must be insane for putting Ghana and Kenya on the same boat. light don't go off here ......

Your personal house has no evidence here when the larger part of Your country are still in darkness . you can keep blaming Uganda.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 4:48pm On May 09, 2020
They are broke they cant afford to grin grin
vaxx:
That is 2016. dumb kid . go and owned Uganda for your present light off.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:49pm On May 09, 2020
Not true - according to WIPO - Kenya has always had twice your 200M zoogerian country. Despite your VAINGLORY - Nigerian is well known - for being nothing but crimianl apes. This you've earned thanks to 15-20M diaspora.

Lets talk about aggregates and averages...not single individuals.

obaaderemi:
Aggregated data, we do better than you. We have more patents filed and granted than you. I've checked.
Even without a Nobel in science. grin

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:50pm On May 09, 2020
gallivant:

Oil accounts for over 90% of all government revenues in Nigeria.
Government revenue is different from GDP. Oil is 10% of our GDP. If government decides to seriously tax Nigerians like Kenya does, then oil will account for less than 50% of government revenue.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:50pm On May 09, 2020
Why don't you google - when did kenya electricity blackout today
vaxx:
Your mother must be insane gr8 putting Ghana and Kenya on the same boat. light don't go off here ......

Your personal house has no evidence here when the larger part of Your country are still in darkness . you can keep blaming Uganda.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 4:50pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
I am talking about my house in Nairobi. I woke up around 6 and they went off. I went to Westlands and I was back around noon...and they were back. This is rarity and make news. Nigeria and Ghana - this is normal.

And as far news went - it was back everywhere apart from Lamu and Malindi - those are coastal cities up north.

Here you dont have to go that far when your light goes off because in less than 20 minutes, your light will be back on.

And that happens like once in every 6 months
that is how rare for lights to go off.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:51pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
Not true - according to WIPO - Kenya has always had twice your 200M zoogerian country. Despite your VAINGLORY - Nigerian is well known - for being nothing but crimianl apes. This you've earned thanks to 15-20M diaspora.

Lets talk about aggregates and averages...not single individuals.

According to WIPO, we've got more than you.
You've brought nothing but shame to Africa with your corruption, starvation and slums.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:52pm On May 09, 2020
GDP is an estimate. Guestimate. And Nigeria is cooked. Otherwise if Nigeria had 400-500B dollars your budget for 2020 - won't be 24B - while Kenya a country of 100B dollars is at 30B dollars. South Africa is 120B.

GDP is not money in some bank. It's an estimate. It's a figure the Nigerian Stats office cooks. It can be anything they want.

But fundamentals never change...like you total export is nearly OIL and nothing more. The same with gov revenues.

If Oil was indeed 10% - then taxing the rest of the economy (90%) - at Nigeria VAT of 7% would BRING ALOT OF MONEY

obaaderemi:
Government revenue is different from GDP. Oil is 10% of our GDP. If government decides to seriously tax Nigerians like Kenya does, then oil will account for less than 50% of government revenue.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:53pm On May 09, 2020
We gave the world Obama - we gave them Safaris and we gave them world athletes. We have one Nobel Laurate (two if your count Obama). You have 1.
obaaderemi:
According to WIPO, we've got more than you.
You've brought nothing but shame to Africa with your corruption, starvation and slums.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 4:53pm On May 09, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

2020 dude...what happened..
Keywords From ..To
Ghana has both a state in Nigeria gas supply capacity

We will go ahead to increase our Gas demand from Nigeria as well as increase our gas production capacity.

The Kenyan economy is flat hence power consumption has remained flat for decades now grin grin

that is ho poor your country has become

(1) (2) (3) ... (7421) (7422) (7423) (7424) (7425) (7426) (7427) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 24 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.