Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,251 members, 7,894,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 11:36 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (7425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6359524 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7422) (7423) (7424) (7425) (7426) (7427) (7428) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 4:54pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
I know Kenya - and some of Ghana.
Kenya power sector - the regulator is ERC
Then power generators - big one is Kengen-70% owned by gov - and many independent power producers.
Then transmission - Kentraco
And the supplier - KPLC.
And we have GDC - Geothermal Dev Authority - they are putting down serious investment - and we are world leader in Geothermal Energy
You shouldn't be putting much more investment on energy particularly when yòu have not arrest hunger and poverty to bearable level. most of those Nairobi slums residence you are trying to connect to the national grid has no food on their table . they will prefer their daily meal rather than energy they can't afford .

Ghana was able to halve its poverty as the first In sub saharan Africa country before piloting energy capacity aggressively . now she has the concentration of solar power in Africa . with much more fund to financed under sea electricity which is more reliable than hydroelectric.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 4:54pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
The top exports of Ghana are Gold ($8.35B), Crude Petroleum ($2.97B), Cocoa Beans ($1.77B), Cocoa Paste ($538M) and Coconuts, Brazil Nuts, and Cashews ($325M),

Cashew nuts at 325M - means the next is meaningless.

Leave trading economics and get better data
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:55pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
The top exports of Ghana are Gold ($8.35B), Crude Petroleum ($2.97B), Cocoa Beans ($1.77B), Cocoa Paste ($538M) and Coconuts, Brazil Nuts, and Cashews ($325M),

Cashew nuts at 325M - means the next is meaningless.

Remove gold and petroleum from Ghana's exports and they still have more export in dollar value than Kenya. You should be ashamed of yourself.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:56pm On May 09, 2020
vaxx:
You shouldn't be putting much more investment on energy particularly when yòu have not arrest hunger and poverty to bearable level. most of those Nairobi slums residence you are trying to connect to the national grid has no food on their table . they will prefer their daily meal rather than energy they can't afford .

Ghana was able to halve its poverty as the first In sub saharan Africa country before piloting energy capacity aggressively . now she has the concentration of solar power in Africa . with much more fund to financed under sea electricity which is more reliable than hydroelectric.
Tell him!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:57pm On May 09, 2020
We have invested 8-10B dollars in electricity in about 5 yers and had the world's fastest electrification. I am not sure how you can fight poverty without electricity. We are reducing poverty - every decade - about 10M kenyans are escaping poverty - annual 1M kenyans are getting out poverty.

But Ghana without dealing with macro-economics - you're wasting time.

vaxx:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 4:57pm On May 09, 2020
gallivant:

To power what exactly? Ghana is only good as a oil and gas depot.
To power the entire Ghanaian economy for the next 100 years.

Kenya have no option but to spend hard earn foreign reserves that it doesn't have to buy energy

grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 4:58pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
Why don't you google - when did kenya electricity blackout today
so I have to Google your slum residence?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 09, 2020
Just30:
Ghana has both a state in Nigeria gas supply capacity

We will go ahead to increase our Gas demand from Nigeria as well as increase our gas production capacity.

The Kenyan economy is flat hence power consumption has remained flat for decades now grin grin

that is ho poor your country has become
i think you should request for a refund from your social engineering diploma class..it ain't working here dude grin.we are talking about ghana here not Kenya..why are you importing from Naija while you claimed trillions of reserve

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:59pm On May 09, 2020
Cocoa 1.7 plus 05 cocoa paste and 0.3 from Cashwenuts. That is 2.5B dollars. What should I add.
obaaderemi:
Remove gold and petroleum from Ghana's exports and they still have more export in dollar value than Kenya. You should be ashamed of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 5:00pm On May 09, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

ya still getting gas fro Nigeria..about your lights there is nothing to speak of..its a village dude

grin grin grin grin

laughing

Of course we will still buy Gas from Nigeria We cant make our investment in Pipeline infrastructure go to waste.

The problem is, Kenya economy needs oil and gas that it doesn't have.

Energy security is very important as food security
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:01pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
We gave the world Obama - we gave them Safaris and we gave them world athletes. We have one Nobel Laurate (two if your count Obama). You have 1.
Obama's Nobel is for America not Kenya. Dude doesn't have Kenyan citizenship nor passport.
We have two Nobel winners...1 in literature and another one by a Nigerian who was part of a group that won a Nobel in peace. You may look him up. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 5:01pm On May 09, 2020
vaxx:
The Kenya Power is one of the useless company in Kenya. it is working with negative capital. has more liabilities than assets . .....it is a loss making venture despite enjoying monopoly...thanks to their ministry of finance which has the largest share .
This evening, we will be talking about bankruptcies in Kenya grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 5:02pm On May 09, 2020
Nigeria has more trouble with 9B dollars charge for a gas deal that never took off. You signed with N-gas future contract - take or pay - and this year - it's expected you'll pay 0.85B dollars - more than 4 times our SGR bill - for the GAS you won't get. And Buhari is not in joking mode.

The way Nigeria is broke - don't dare Buhari - he will send Hausa army to rape your women and take his money.

Just30:
Ghana has both a state in Nigeria gas supply capacity

We will go ahead to increase our Gas demand from Nigeria as well as increase our gas production capacity.

The Kenyan economy is flat hence power consumption has remained flat for decades now grin grin

that is ho poor your country has become

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 5:03pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
No problem. We have Kengen. We have many IPPS. We have Ketraco (transmission). We have many private players. KPLC - is just a supplier. We are not RSA where Eskom is everything or Nigeria's former NEPA or well Ghana Volta thing.
grin grin grin grin

3MW IPPs
those are not companies

Which of Kenya IPPs generate even up to 100MW ?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:03pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
Cocoa 1.7 plus 05 cocoa paste and 0.3 from Cashwenuts. That is 2.5B dollars. What should I add.
And for Kenya: Tea; $800m, flowers; $700m. Total $1.5bn..what else should I add? wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 5:03pm On May 09, 2020
But here you want us to celebrate Nigerian diaspora - majority like Obama are half-nigerians.

Ngugi of Kenya has missed literature Nobel very narrowly severally

Here is Pidgin BBC news reporting the shock when he missed
https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/world-50003804

So Wole Soyinka is not big deal for us.

obaaderemi:
Obama's Nobel is for America not Kenya. Dude doesn't have Kenyan citizenship nor passport.
We have two Nobel winners...1 in literature and another one by a Nigerian who was part of a group that won a Nobel in peace. You may look him up. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 5:04pm On May 09, 2020
Kenya total export is 6B dollars. No need to waste your time. Just tell me Ghana non-mineral exports.
obaaderemi:
And for Kenya: Tea; $800m, flowers; $700m. Total $1.5bn..what else should I add? wink

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:04pm On May 09, 2020
Just30:
This evening, we will be talking about bankruptcies in Kenya grin grin grin
grin That would be most interesting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:06pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
Kenya total export is 6B dollars. No need to waste your time. Just tell me Ghana non-mineral exports.
Ghanaian total export is 17bn$, almost ×3 of Kenya's. grin Subtract minerals from it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 09, 2020
Just30:

grin grin grin grin

laughing

Of course we will still buy Gas from Nigeria We cant make our investment in Pipeline infrastructure go to waste.

The problem is, Kenya economy needs oil and gas that it doesn't have.

Energy security is very important as food security
Again itsnot about Kenya here..about you buying stuff from Nigeria...your country is screwed..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 5:07pm On May 09, 2020
Turkana Wind Power - 300MW - largest such in Africa. What we didnt do like Ghana is sign IPPS with diesel generators, That we did in 1999. And since then we have tried to get out. It won't happen for some until 2030.

It was very stupid of you to sign Take or Pay with DIESEL or Thermal GENERATORS in 2014.

Just30:
grin grin grin grin

3MW IPPs
those are not companies

Which of Kenya IPPs generate even up to 100MW ?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 5:08pm On May 09, 2020
We already substraced and it down to 2.5B dollars. Better than Nigeria. At least they haven't yet killed cocoa-like you did to Palm Oil
obaaderemi:
Ghanaian total export is 17bn$, almost ×3 of Kenya's. grin Subtract minerals from it.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 5:08pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
No problem but you committed to TAKE or Pay for the long while. So your own GAS is pretty useless unless you export it. This year - prepare for 1B dollar to pay Nigerians for excess capacity you won't get.
We Agreed to take as long as they can supply

Our Gas is not enough to power our Gas Thermal plants
Energy consumption is a sign of a booming manufacturing sector.

We will go-ahead to build another pipeline to Nigeria to increase gas supply into Ghana
As well as go ahead to build another gas processing plant.

Our energy market is bigger than the Kenyan economy grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 5:09pm On May 09, 2020
Just30:

Will the generator run on water?

The issue is the generator. Lol, you can't even grasp mundane things.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 5:10pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
I know Kenya - and some of Ghana.
Kenya power sector - the regulator is ERC
Then power generators - big one is Kengen-70% owned by gov - and many independent power producers.
Then transmission - Kentraco
And the supplier - KPLC.
And we have GDC - Geothermal Dev Authority - they are putting down serious investment - and we are world leader in Geothermal Energy

Why are they all Bankrupt ? grin grin grin

Despite Kenyans complaining of high bills and lot of companies leaving Kenya because of high electricity bills?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 5:10pm On May 09, 2020
Kazikazi:
Airport in Dar es salaam, Tanzania

We have seen that lady's forehead/runway already kazikazi. tongue
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 5:11pm On May 09, 2020
This information is from your Ministry of Finance, Or how else do you think I know these figures from?. Not my rectum. I don't know why you like arguing. Don't you have something to do - like reading a e-book?
Just30:
We Agreed to take as long as they can supply

Our Gas is not enough to power our Gas Thermal plants
Energy consumption is a sign of a booming manufacturing sector.

We will go-ahead to build another pipeline to Nigeria to increase gas supply into Ghana
As well as go ahead to build another gas processing plant.

Our energy market is bigger than the Kenyan economy grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 5:12pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
Why don't you google - when did kenya electricity blackout today
grin grin grin

you know i can easily get your blackouts
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 5:13pm On May 09, 2020
obaaderemi:
Government revenue is different from GDP. Oil is 10% of our GDP. If government decides to seriously tax Nigerians like Kenya does, then oil will account for less than 50% of government revenue.

Nigeria is an oil driven cesspool. That's what I meant.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 5:13pm On May 09, 2020
Yes it freely available. We are not nigeria. Go to KPLC.co.ke. They list blackout daily out -mainly maintenance areas. They have it on facebook and ussd.

We have emergency team 24hrs whenever there is blackout.

Blackout in kenya are not A PROBLEM.

We have problems but electricity supply is no longer part of it.

Nobody own a generator smiley except standby by big companies

Just30:
grin grin grin

you know i can easily get your blackouts

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:14pm On May 09, 2020
gallivant:

Nigeria is an oil driven cesspool. That's what I meant.
I mean Kenya is,a tea driven poohole.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 5:15pm On May 09, 2020
rvp2018:
We have invested 8-10B dollars in electr[/b]icity in about 5 yers and had the [b] world's fastest electrification. I am not sure how you can fight poverty without electricity. We are reducing poverty - every decade - about 10M kenyans are escaping poverty - annual 1M kenyans are getting out poverty.

But Ghana without dealing with macro-economics - you're wasting time.

i don't know how true is this but if that is true , the money should have been invested to aliviate poverty . invest in social security first ( let medical health and education be totally free or well subsidised) this alone will allow more people to have extra cash to spend. capitalized on greenhouse technology, it will have go a long way to stabilized your hunger drive economy. what is the importance of life without food ? after all, this policy I made mentioned above will not take you energy to power .no matter how good energy might be promising, it can t work well in a hunger driven nation. people need to pay bills...kenya is broke .

so when two bamboo fall on each other, you take the bigger one first .

Ghana already has a better micro and macro economics, Fitch already testify to that . that is a credit rating aganecy .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7422) (7423) (7424) (7425) (7426) (7427) (7428) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.