Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,251 members, 7,894,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 11:29 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (7517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6359354 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7514) (7515) (7516) (7517) (7518) (7519) (7520) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 2:27pm On May 19, 2020
Just30:
The rate at which Trump is pulling monies out of various NGOs

They wont get enough aid, so more debt

They can still make do with aid from China grin

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 2:27pm On May 19, 2020
samorobo:

The real unedited nairobi grin

Yup, I told you I have only just begun. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 2:28pm On May 19, 2020
So you see our beautiful cities and you think tourism is all we do. My friend kenya economy is simple 25% is agriculture. Manufacturing 10%. Financial and Intermediation 10%. Real estate and construction 10%. Transport and comm 10%. Retail and Wholesaling 10%. Energy 10%. That is already 85%. The rest share the remainder..with tourism account for 1.5%...we get total earnings of 1.5B dollars. Last year tourism earnings were 1.6B in 100B economy (roughly) - so 1.5%!!
Just30:
Tourism makes up 30% to 40% of your economy and 80% of the money earn comes from foreign tourist.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 2:29pm On May 19, 2020
Danielnino00:

They will have to make do with tea, flower and more aid for the time being grin

What is this bitch talking about? Can you try making sense Danielle? tongue

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 19, 2020
rvp20182:
Mzanzi, you sound a little grumpy? What is going on? If you follow the conversation - Just30 brought it up - and I told him South Africa's economy is sicker than Kenya. Yes it bigger but also sicker.

Never compare a tata with a beamer, beamer, mercs, audis same league(SA, Malaysia,, Indonesia,, turkey, brazil, India etc?)

Compare Tata with matatus, cheri, geely they same class all shitty

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 2:30pm On May 19, 2020
Just30:
Tourism makes up 30% to 40% of your economy and 80% of the money earn comes from foreign tourist.

Where did you get this from? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 2:32pm On May 19, 2020
rvp20182:
So they didn't devalue because they want their exports to be cheap. The rand collapse has everything to do with a sick economy. Minning down. Capital flight. Name it.

If you want to know if an economy is doing good or bad - just watch USD VERSUS THAT COUNTRY CURRENCY RATE.

USD NEVER LIES.

The rand did not collapse

it was a controlled devaluation and this is dont to keep the competitive edge.

As more companies choose Africa as their next money making market, SA needs to keep that attractive competitive advantage that it has over all of Africa. This is the best time to do it, just so they dont loose investor confidence

SA mining capacity is not down.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 2:32pm On May 19, 2020
That's over a billion shillings..

But those lying bastards will tell you that they have no mineral resources..

Lol...

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 2:33pm On May 19, 2020
Show me a district like this in West Africa and I will quit Nairaland today. cool

The Capital

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 2:34pm On May 19, 2020
You have a beamer indeed but with a cranky engine like your moods. So if you don't do an engine overhaul soon - even Matatu will overtake you - especially uphill like now.
Austine1212:

Never compare a tata with a beamer, beamer, mercs, audis same league(SA, Malaysia,, Indonesia,, turkey, brazil, India etc?)

Compare Tata with matatus, cheri, geely they same class all shitty

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 2:34pm On May 19, 2020
rvp20182:
Kenya is expected to grow by 1-2% this year and 6% next year - but COVID-19 is fluid situation. Nigeria is back to recession lasting years. Yours is double if not a triple whammy. COVID-19, Oil, and Buhari.

Stop lying IMF/WB predicted your zoo to grow 1% this year.....now tell me if you couldn't meet your projected growth pre covid-19 (2019,2018,2017) who is to say your zoo will meet it this year amidst this pandemic when every thing has grounded to a halt..your agric sector is down and out thanks to locust and covid,your tourism sector shot and dead, infact be ready to be bury it, hospitality and air travels destroy..expect to see the dying KQ run more losses and accumulate wicked debt...

Nigeria on the other hand has agric to fall back on,coconut refinery is coming on stream,oil price trading at $35 and set to rebound over $45 in early July according to analyst...if you ask me I would it would rebound faster than that ..last month it was traded at $0 fast forward to last week it hovered around $31 and in a matter of day it now pegged at $35...we are on partial lockdown in Nigeria and not even all states went on lockdown..they are talk to.liftbtge lockdown completely in Lagos as the number of cases are dwindling further..
As for Buhari..our able president is busy putting the nation on the right economic point and funding massive infastructure...you have no point taahira

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 19, 2020
rvp20182:
So you see our beautiful cities and you think tourism is all we do. My friend kenya economy is simple 25% is agriculture. Manufacturing 10%. Financial and Intermediation 10%. Real estate and construction 10%. Transport and comm 10%. Retail and Wholesaling 10%. Energy 10%. That is already 85%. The rest share the remainder..with tourism account for 1.5%...we get total earnings of 1.5B dollars. Last year tourism earnings were 1.6B in 100B economy (roughly) - so 1.5%!!

Kenya contribution of travel and tourism to GDP (% of GDP) was at level of 8.8 % in 2018, down from 8.9 % previous year. The share of Travel & Tourism

Not 1.5%

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 2:35pm On May 19, 2020
You should consider writing fiction.
Just30:
The rand did not collapse

it was a controlled devaluation and this is dont to keep the competitive edge.

As more companies choose Africa as their next money making market, SA needs to keep that attractive competitive advantage that it has over all of Africa. This is the best time to do it, just so they dont loose investor confidence

SA mining capacity is not down.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 2:35pm On May 19, 2020
gallivant:
Show me a district like this in West Africa and I will quit Nairaland today. cool

The Capital

My friend I don't know what you want to see but this is very ugly... starting from that faded mess of a road...this is the real nairobi..keep it coming..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 2:35pm On May 19, 2020
Danielnino00:
That's over a billion shillings..

But those lying bastards will tell you that they have no mineral resources..

Lol...

Make some sense Danielle, $14 million is chump change. Some Kenyans make that amount in a year. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 2:36pm On May 19, 2020
samorobo:

My friend I don't know what you want to see but this is very ugly... starting from that faded mess of a road...this is the real nairobi..keep it coming..

Show me anything close to such planning and I will quit this site. Now is your opportunity. wink

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 2:37pm On May 19, 2020
Maybe if you say hospitality, accommodation - as an industry - then you're right - and I said it earlier.
Austine1212:

Kenya contribution of travel and tourism to GDP (% of GDP) was at level of 8.8 % in 2018, down from 8.9 % previous year. The share of Travel & Tourism

Not 1.5%

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 19, 2020
rvp20182:
You have a beamer indeed but with a cranky engine like your moods. So if you don't do an engine overhaul soon - even Matatu will overtake you - especially uphill like now.

Gauteng is bigger thanthan kenya

There's nothing to overtake we miles apart, lagos bigger than you,

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 2:38pm On May 19, 2020
rvp20182:
Yes of course, we want kenya to become middle income country. South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Mauritus - those are good examples. But GHANA smiley come on dude.
Before you can become a middle income country like them
You first have to catch up with Ghana .

By early next year, Ghana Nominal GDP per cap will be 3,000 dollars and PPP per cap between 9,000 - 10,000 dollars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 2:38pm On May 19, 2020
rvp20182:
Yes of course, we want kenya to become middle income country. South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Mauritus - those are good examples. But GHANA smiley come on dude.
Before you can become a middle income country like them
You first have to catch up with Ghana .

By early next year, Ghana Nominal GDP per cap will be 3,000 dollars and PPP per cap between 9,000 - 10,000 dollars.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 2:39pm On May 19, 2020
Austine1212:

Not 1.5%

Buffoon, when they said tourism contributed 40% did you loose your voice then?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 19, 2020
rvp20182:
Maybe if you say hospitality, accommodation - as an industry - then you're right - and I said it earlier.

For a grown man not to know travel and tourism includes hospitality-accom is pretty sad
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 2:41pm On May 19, 2020
[s]
gallivant:

Everyday, until the dwarf knows its place. wink
[/s]
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 19, 2020
gallivant:

Buffoon, when they said tourism contributed 40% did you loose your voice then?

I dont care what they said, he saud 1.5% im disputing that

You wanna argue go argue withwith your grandma
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 2:41pm On May 19, 2020
Nairobi will overtake Joburg soon. We have been through this already. Nairobi Metro will also overtake Gauteng.
Austine1212:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 2:42pm On May 19, 2020
Austine1212:

The Lagos in South Africa is almost as big as Kenya! Maybe if you guys had a voice and balls you wouldn't be overrun with refugees.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 2:42pm On May 19, 2020
Danielnino00:

They can still make do with aid from China grin

China is rolling back on Belt and roads

They are not in the best of situation to give aid.

They can only give food aid and loans
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 2:43pm On May 19, 2020
Austine1212:

I dont care what they said, he saud 1.5% im disputing that

You wanna argue go argue withwith your grandma

We don't argue with wimps like yourself. We will tear you a new one! Watch this space. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 2:43pm On May 19, 2020
Just30:

It got you laughing because

just listening to rvp2018 will make you think you've been teleported to Mars where all reasonable reasoning escape the pod grin grin

Honestly when I ever I read his post on Kenya all i end up saying is "if only wishes were horses" grin

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 2:44pm On May 19, 2020
I know more than poorly educated Mzanzi will ever know.

This is what I wrote earlier - "Tourism is only 1% or less of our economy. And 50% of it is domestic. As sector include many other things - I think 7% of the economy."

Tourism and travel - 1.5% (more like strict domestic and international tourism ) - but if you include the hotels, accommodation, including in townships and even Kibera - then it becomes 6-8%.

Austine1212:

For a grown man not to know travel and tourism includes hospitality-accom is pretty sad

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 2:44pm On May 19, 2020
rvp20182:
Nairobi will overtake Joburg soon. We have been through this already. Nairobi Metro will also overtake Gauteng.

Have Nairobi overtake Pretoria,Durban, Capetown..this place looks more aesthetically appealing and first world compare to anywhere in your zoo...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 2:45pm On May 19, 2020
Just30:
will you stop assuming again

South Africa has already placed all the pieces in place to recover.
They were doing that before COVID arrived hence they werent caught pants down like Kenya

Lol it's called the power of imagination

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7514) (7515) (7516) (7517) (7518) (7519) (7520) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 21 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.