Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,260 members, 7,877,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 12:12 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6320276 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:27pm On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Wat is it man, I am Kenyan grin

I am from a very small minority ethnic group in Nigeria. (we are barely more than 200k people).

Infact, if i call the name of my ethnic group, most Nigerians here will not know it.
However, i am still not ashamed of my ethnic group.

Why are u ashamed?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:28pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

I'd say northerners need a united Nigeria more because the major export rescource of Nigeria lies in the South.
The south also owns the ports, without them, we will be landlocked.

I think they (Southerners) only need the northerners for agriculture. Northern Nigeria has so much potentials and minerals, but we are not harnessing that, our leaders all focus on southern crude oil rescource which has made us look like parasites to the south who have nothing to offer.

Abuja is at the centre of Nigeria geographically. But that area is classified politically as North (north-central).

That is where i am from. We were politically classified as northerners, but many of us prefer to be adress as middlebelt people (Central Nigeria).

Thanks for the info..I believe you guys need each other.. If you guys ever secede 'God forbid' Abuja will most probally fall to the North, Right?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:30pm On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

They feature in many movies but the movies are mainly in Swahili and consumed mainly at the Coast and Tanzania. The Nairobi movie industry is more English.
Swahilis have no issue with marrying Christians. They are very liberal. Its actually the christians (kenya being majority christian) that are apprehensive of marrying muslims.

Ok.
Why are the christians apprehensive of dating muslims?

Seriously, the way you Kenyans mix english and swahili looks embarrassing.
I may be wrong, but i believe that if you guys want to speak swahili speak only swahili, if english, speak only english.
I sometimes watch MAISHA MAGIC EAST
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:31pm On May 25, 2017
Jay254:

Very few Kenyans will tell you there tribe on social sites like NL... You will always find kenyans United everywhere until Politics come into play..

Telling your tribes will not make you disunited.
I think it is more of inferiority if u ask me.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 25, 2017
Jay254:

I wouldnt like to imagine... Funny enough NL is dominated by Southerners,You hardly see guys from extrem North here...

Very interesting how they have managed to keep the northerners out. If NL was kenyan, it would already be closed by now!! grin
Man, we seem to be infected with a virus when we politic online
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

I am from a very small minority ethnic group in Nigeria. (we are barely more than 200k people).

Infact, if i call the name of my ethnic group, most Nigerians here will not know it.
However, i am still not ashamed of my ethnic group.

Why are u ashamed?

What is your ethnic group?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:34pm On May 25, 2017
Isahalbash:

But, covering ones face doesn't Mk hm a fanatics...hope u know that.

LoL
But it makes you look like one.

Just like a muslim man with long beards.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:34pm On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

What is your ethnic group?

Pyem
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Ok.
Why are the christians apprehensive of dating muslims?

Seriously, the way you Kenyans mix english and swahili looks embarrassing.
I may be wrong, but i believe that if you guys want to speak swahili speak only swahili, if english, speak only english.
I sometimes watch MAISHA MAGIC EAST

How is it embarrassing? Swahili unites us while English makes us globally competitive.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 9:37pm On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Being sorry?

Bothgrin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:38pm On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Why don't you watch other kenyan stations aside from k24?

I also watch MAISHA MAGIC EAST....
Those are the only Kenyan stations available to West Africans on DStv
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 9:38pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

I see. Thanks.
Hausa & Yoruba muslims don't get on so well in Nigeria.

I tink otherwise
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Pyem

Pyem is not even on wiki. Man, create a page for them at least! I am telling you if I said my tribe here right now, you will be surprised. Kenyans are always lurking online. We have elections this August and I think I will tell you my tribe after elections cheesy

Just tune in to kenyan stations you will see how tribal we are. lol. Very tribal, but this time we are trying to tone it down.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:40pm On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Not necessarily. What if that country is harboring the terrorists?

Both countries must sign a united armed force treaty.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 9:41pm On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Is it the Shia vs Sunni thing?

Nop, d Sunni vs Shia stuff is general.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:43pm On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Do you Know Kenya and the Kenyan coast were different administrative and political entities? The coast was a Sultanate under Oman that was added onto kenya after independence

Ok.

Then, they can be judged and assessed differently.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:45pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Telling your tribes will not make you disunited.
I think it is more of inferiority if u ask me.

Naaah not inferiority, it's more reasoning... The govt of Kenya has closed several sites like NL.. due to political polarization... Tribe identity in Kenya brings more division than unity in Kenya...Especially the year of election. we are about 3 months to election.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 9:46pm On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I hope he knows too. Though I hate those face veils! Some traditions are just plain old

I hate it too only if d girls are beautifulgrin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:47pm On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Very interesting how they have managed to keep the northerners out. If NL was kenyan, it would already be closed by now!! grin
Man, we seem to be infected with a virus when we politic online

I remember the like of Mashada... Sometime I wish elections would be after every 10years..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:48pm On May 25, 2017
Jay254:

Thanks for the info..I believe you guys need each other.. If you guys ever secede 'God forbid' Abuja will most probally fall to the North, Right?

If Nigeria divides, it is most unlikely to divide into a North and a South. Hell no.

It is most likely to divide into 5 countries.

-Biafra republic (Igbos)
- Odua republic (yorubas)
- Niger-delta republic (Southern minorities)
- Arewa republic (Hausa-fulani-kanuri and some northern minorities)
- Central Niger republic (Central minorities and some northern minorities).

Abuja will most likely go with the 5th, or maybe 4th.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 9:49pm On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Pyem is not even on wiki. Man, create a page for them at least! I am telling you if I said my tribe here right now, you will be surprised. Kenyans are always lurking online. We have elections this August and I think I will tell you my tribe after elections cheesy

Just tune in to kenyan stations you will see how tribal we are. lol. Very tribal, but this time we are trying to tone it down.
I think tribalism is a major problem in Africa. In Nigeria the three major ethnic groups argue all the time with one another, as though we the minor tribes do not exist, forgetting that we number in our hundreds(over 500) and there are millions of us in terms of population, when they argue online leaving us behind. We are just made to watch like their younger siblings not knowing who to take sides with sometimes.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 9:51pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

LoL
But it makes you look like one.

Just like a muslim man with long beards.

Hahaha...even christians leave beards dis days... I have one heregrin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:51pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

If Nigeria divides, it is most unlikely to divide into a North and a South. Hell no.

It is most likely to divide into 5 countries.

-Biafra republic (Igbos)
- Odua republic (yorubas)
- Niger-delta republic (Southern minorities)
- Arewa republic (Hausa-fulani-kanuri and some northern minorities)
- Central Niger republic (Central minorities and some northern minorities).

Abuja will most likely go with the 5th, or maybe 4th.

What!!! I thought it was only north and south... That is serious..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:51pm On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Ooohh, it used to have a page. Something must have happened. I will try to work on this.

Your excuses on tribe are absurd.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 9:53pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Pyem

Why r ur people bearing Chinese nd Korean namesgrin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:54pm On May 25, 2017
Jay254:

It was supposed to.

But the South and the North have their own internal divisions and will still have great divisions internally peradventure on their own.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 9:55pm On May 25, 2017
Jay254:

Not at all, there are so many nations in Nigeria. It has advantages and disadvantages.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:58pm On May 25, 2017
Isahalbash:

Why r ur people bearing Chinese nd Korean namesgrin

Oh, you mean names like JANG, DALONG, VUMPAK, CHUWANG, CHUNG, VONGJEN e.t.c. grin

Na so we see am o. At a time i even thought our people had a possibility of migrating from China grin

It's the nature of the native languages. But, not all languages are like that though.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:02pm On May 25, 2017
Isahalbash:

Hahaha...even christians leave beards dis days... I have one heregrin

True, but muslim beards tend to look different, especially if they add islamic dressing to it.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 10:03pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Oh, you mean names like JANG, DALONG, VUMPAK, CHUWANG, CHUNG, VONGJEN e.t.c. grin

Na so we see am o. At a time i even thought our people had a possibility of migrating from China grin

It's the nature of the native languages. But, not all languages are like that though.
interesting...
Are Pyem found in Mangu lga?
is the religious breakdown for that ethnic group 50-50.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:08pm On May 25, 2017
Jay254:

This is why Kenyans always emhasizing on tribalism looks absurd to me.

In Nigeria, even within the same tribes, you have divisions and sub-tribes who still sometimes have bloody clashes with each other.

Tribalism in Nigeria is no longer an issue. It's like part of normal everyday life.

We are only trying to be now united somehow due to the fact that a 'united Naija urban culture' is now developing and most youths can relate to this.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:09pm On May 25, 2017
9jakool:

interesting...
Are Pyem found in Mangu lga?
is the religious breakdown for that ethnic group 50-50.

Yess !!

How did you know?

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 19 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.