Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,261 members, 7,877,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6320445 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Just like Jay254 said, it is mostly the far northerners that are not on nairaland. They are the fewest here.

We the central northerners are here in good numbers, just that a lot of us do not like to identify as northerners, and we can relate very well with southern culture.

The war between Yorubas & Igbos on nairaland is already enough problem for nairalanders.

Are you trying to say that they are no rules or moderations on kenyan forums? Take this forum for instance, not every thread makes frontpage. People are also banned for making very tribalistic comments sometimes, especially on a frontpage thread.

The govt doesn't care even if one wrong comment is made and slips unnoticed. The site will be closed. Hate speech is very serious
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:45pm On May 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

I see similarities but not much

I see much.
Look at these Nigerian fulanis for instance, they can easily pass for north Sudanese or Ethiopian.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Why?
Are the people featured in these stations not kenyans?

I also watch lots of Kenyan music. I can say i know 90% of Kenyan musicians.

90 %? Dude. You must be a very free person.

Kenyan stations tend to be abit skewed in coverage. Much in the same way CNN, Fox et al. are skewed in covering America. Sometimes a Kenyan somewhere might be convinced their political kingpin is winning (due to biased news coverage) while another kenyan knows the exact opposite. E.g Covering crowds in a way that shows huge attendance for specific politicians and broadcasting opinion polls that favor only certain candidates. So a smart kenyan knows that they need to tune in to all media stations to have a balanced view. Watching one or two stations might shock you if and when you land here
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

We have a treaty with Niger, Cameroon & Chad

You might have to go there (in their countries) yourselves. Kick BH ass inside those countries. Otherwise its a losing battle
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:55pm On May 25, 2017
Isahalbash:

Hausas don't celebrate eid together with yorubas is a false notion. It's all about sectarianism nt tribe cos hausas within demselves don't celebrate eid together nd that was before, cos now, most ov us start fasting together as soon as d sultan announced d citation of d crescent moon. Thanks to social media.

The sunnis also refer to d Shia as fake Muslims and dsame Sunni Muslims comprises people from both tribes.

Quite true. I am seeing greater unity these days between yoruba and Hausa muslims.

Take for instance in my area, we used to have a yoruba mosque where only yorubas and maybe Edo & Kogi muslims worship. Hausas and other muslims did not use to worship there, they had their own mosque.

But recently i saw a hausa man and yoruba woman (acquantancies of mine) and he seemed to be reminding her of some islamic gathering or so. After he left, i asked her and i discovered that Hausas now worship in that yoruba mosque.

But this division still exists in many places. We usually hear of yoruba mosque and Hausa mosque.

Many hausas are still fond of calling yoruba and even middlebelt muslims fake muslims (though i think it has more to do with ignorance and illiteracy).
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 10:57pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

I see much.
Look at these Nigerian fulanis for instance, they can easily pass for north Sudanese or Ethiopian.

U can distinguished a Sudanese from a fulani... d former look more like arabs in Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 10:58pm On May 25, 2017
NairobiWalker:

I told you guys Lagos has nothing on Nairobi. We did a similar thing on skyscrapercity which was more mature - less patriotism and more content and everyone noted that Lagos disappointed. In terms of high-rises in African we talk Jo'burg, Cairo, Luanda, Nairobi, Durban, Cape Town and lately Dar es salaam

Are you referring to this outdated list? grin

Even if we go by this list, Lagos still has more 20 floors above completed/underconstruction. grin

By the way, where did you get, 23 Nairobi and 10 Lagos? grin

You dey li.e ooooooo. grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:58pm On May 25, 2017
9jakool:

If one think tribalism in Nigeria is worse, then one hasn't seen India's caste system or its religious tension.

True.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 10:58pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

I see much.
You're chosing the exceptions lol
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 25, 2017
ArtanK:

Judging from your previous comments and the way you speak of even your Somali Kenyans with contempt, it's quite clear that you prefer the status quo.

No one's denying that Somalia has work to do. Muafrika and I were talking about a united Kenyan Somali people.. But as I said, our main obstacle is getting rid of Al Shabaab and then afterwards we can tackle clannism. I just came back from Somalia and I've observed how things are unfolding with the new government in place. The country is no longer classed as a failed state, it is signing multi-billion dollar business and trade contracts with foreign nations, so it won't be long till Somalia regains it's dignity and respect in the world stage.

Bro, I have no contempt of Somalis. When they killed their youngest politician Abbass Siraji, I just kind of gave up completely !! Really. undecided
I have said severally here that Kenyan Somalis are cool, I am even a big fan of Amina Mohammed. But those in Somalia? Siraji was a sign of future possiblities and his death being an accident made no sense at all. Anyway, good to hear they are making investments and I hope the best for them.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:04pm On May 25, 2017
Isahalbash:

U can distinguished a Sudanese from a fulani... d former look more like arabs in Nigeria.

Not in all cases.

Look at these 2 girls below. One is Sudanese and another is nigerian fulani. Can't you see how they so much look like?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 11:05pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Ok.
I think you are familiar with anything that has to do with demographics.
Kudos, people like us who are very well interested in these things are very few in Nigeria. Most Nigerians don't care to know outside their geo-political zones or even their states......
I blame our educational system.
I used to be like that too lol. Nigerian educational system doesn't really teach about culture or history. I also think the Ignorance stems from the stupid geopolitical divisions that's so misrepresenting.
Some people think all Northerners are Hausa and others think all Southerners are Igbo or Yoruba.
Some Yoruba people who have never stepped out of their region think all of the North is Hausa and everything East of Edo is Igbo. Some aren't even aware there are people they share kinship with in Northern states like Kogi. I tell you it's that bad.

Personally, I prefer Ethiopia's political region better. It based on ethnic groups,. Although, not entirely perfect, It's more representing.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 11:05pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Quite true. I am seeing greater unity these days between yoruba and Hausa muslims.

Take for instance in my area, we used to have a yoruba mosque where only yorubas and maybe Edo & Kogi muslims worship. Hausas and other muslims did not use to worship there, they had their own mosque.

But recently i saw a hausa man and yoruba woman (acquantancies of mine) and he seemed to be reminding her of some islamic gathering or so. After he left, i asked her and i discovered that Hausas now worship in that yoruba mosque.

But this division still exists in many places. We usually hear of yoruba mosque and Hausa mosque.

Many hausas are still fond of calling yoruba and even middlebelt muslims fake muslims (though i think it has more to do with ignorance and illiteracy).
stop the lies,Hausa Muslims and Yoruba Muslims are more like brothers and they pray in both mosques, the only different is the timing,let me ask you this, how comes Buhari got most of Muslims votes in south west ?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

Thanks and I'm flattered! Africans should stop allowing foreigners to discover our own history. It's 4:36 PM for me, and what is military science?
According to wiki, it's means the study of military processes, institutions, and behavior, along with the study of warfare, and the theory and application of organized coercive force. It is mainly focused on theory, method, and practice of producing military capability in a manner consistent with national defense policy. Military science serves to identify the strategic, political, economic, psychological, social, operational, technological, and tactical elements necessary to sustain relative advantage of military force; and to increase the likelihood and favorable outcomes of victory in peace or during a war. Military scientists include theorists, researchers, experimental scientists, applied scientists, designers, engineers, test technicians, and other military personnel.

Are you a student or a worker nowadays?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 11:08pm On May 25, 2017
Isahalbash:

I agree
There are some with striking similarities though, but most can be distinguished.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:18pm On May 25, 2017
9jakool:

I used to be like that too lol. Nigerian educational system doesn't really teach about culture or history. I also think the Ignorance stems from the stupid geopolitical divisions that's so misrepresenting.
Some people think all Northerners are Hausa and others think all Southerners are Igbo or Yoruba.
Some Yoruba people who have never stepped out of their region think all of the North is Hausa and everything East of Edo is Igbo. Some aren't even aware there are people they share kinship with in Northern states like Kogi. I tell you it's that bad.

Personally, I prefer Ethiopia's political region better. It based on ethnic groups,. Although, not entirely perfect, It's more representing.

Very true.

I think this ethnic ignorance is higher on yorubas.
How can most yorubas just conclude everything outside yoruba land in Nigeria to be Hausa or Igbo?

Most yorubas will even assume Nupes and Baribas to be hausas, whereas nupes and baribas are very very much closer to yorubas culturally than they are to hausas. Likewise the Igalas too.

I doubt if having ethnic states would have helped Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:22pm On May 25, 2017
68816419:

stop the lies,Hausa Muslims and Yoruba Muslims are more like brothers and they pray in both mosques, the only different is the timing,let me ask you this, how comes Buhari got most of Muslims votes in south west ?

because yoruba muslims voted Buhari, is that enough reason to make them brothers?

See, there are some things i don't like saying. Cos they are bitter and we are trying to promote unity.

Do you know that in cases of religious crises in the north, yoruba muslims mostly take refuge with christians??
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:23pm On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

So who are the radicals between the two?

Hausas of course.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:24pm On May 25, 2017
Jay254:
Mombasa has more highrise than abuja,PH and Ibadan combined.. Forgiveness thanks for bringing in abenchmark..

Mombasa,Abuja and PH respectively

Not forgetting Mombasa is adding two skyscrapers...already top out

Sorry for interruption. I just needed to reply all the mentions missed during the busy days. grin

I didn't know how I missed this and I can't overlook it, just like that. grin

Equating Mombasa with Abuja is a very big mistake even p/h nobi em mate. grin

Just from these pictures alone, how many did you count? grin

Remember, Mombasa has only 14 according to how you interpretated it.

Abuja highrises ranging from 12 floors above. grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:35pm On May 25, 2017

Jay254, do your arithmetic. What have you,?

Abuja..

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Hausas of course.

Hehehe. Its that simple
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 25, 2017
forgiveness:

Jay254, do your arithmetic. What have you,?

Abuja..

Boss! Your moniker is just the opposite of who you are! Do you ever let go?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:40pm On May 25, 2017
Jay254 are you counting?

By now, you must have passed counting 14. shocked grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 25, 2017
forgiveness:

Sorry for interruption. I just needed to reply all the mentions missed during the busy days. grin

I didn't know how I missed this and I can't overlook it, just like that. grin

Equating Mombasa with Abuja is a very big mistake even p/h nobi em mate. grin

Just from these pictures alone, how many did you count? grin

Remember, Mombasa has only 14 according to how you interpretated it.

Abuja highrises ranging from 12 floors above. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin.............. u and this skyscraper thing sha.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:51pm On May 25, 2017
Poor Mombasa! grin

Sleeping Gaint doesn't tantamount to redundancy, it is just that.... grin

How many highrise with 12 floors above did you count Jay254? grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 11:53pm On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

At Idi araba for instance, they have two central mosques' very close to each oda. One is Darika Tijjaniyya and d oda is a sunni( ahlus sunnah) mosque. And they r also some small small mosques close to each oda. Most Nupes r tijjaniyyas but dey don't pray in d central most of dsame tijjaniyya apart from Fridays.

In my town, there is a mosque close to where I stay, but of d youths being Sunnis don't pray there, because dey tink those old men leading d congregation don't knw how to pray. These r people from dsame place,tribe and most from dsame family.

My point is these: Most of this tins is base on sectarian ideology rather than tribe.

In skul, most of d students leading d congregational prayer are from d mb...kwara( yorubas), kogi( igala& ibira), Niger( Nupe) and some yorubas from sw. The hausas don't complain but wen it cums to sect, de blasts demselves...wherever, u cum from,as far as we belong to dsame sect or share dsame ideology we r brothers.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 11:56pm On May 25, 2017
Hati13:

According to wiki, it's means the study of military processes, institutions, and behavior, along with the study of warfare, and the theory and application of organized coercive force. It is mainly focused on theory, method, and practice of producing military capability in a manner consistent with national defense policy. Military science serves to identify the strategic, political, economic, psychological, social, operational, technological, and tactical elements necessary to sustain relative advantage of military force; and to increase the likelihood and favorable outcomes of victory in peace or during a war. Military scientists include theorists, researchers, experimental scientists, applied scientists, designers, engineers, test technicians, and other military personnel.

Are you a student or a worker nowadays?
I'm a a student but I'm on vacation so working on a summer internship.
Wait is military science like a major then as it sounds so comprehensive.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:57pm On May 25, 2017
shervydman:

grin grin grin grin grin grin.............. u and this skyscraper thing sha.

Hahahahahah! Mocking Nigeria and Nigerians doesn't or can't disannul our progress hence the need to promote our tangible achievements that is still better than... grin. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 11:58pm On May 25, 2017
forgiveness:
Jay254 are you counting?

By now, you must have passed counting 14. shocked grin
You dey carry this skyscraper matter for head o. Abeg let it die
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 11:59pm On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Boss! Your moniker is just the opposite of who you are! Do you ever let go?
grin grin that was good
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 12:01am On May 26, 2017
Nowenuse:

Not in all cases.

Look at these 2 girls below. One is Sudanese and another is nigerian fulani. Can't you see how they so much look like?
You are using exceptions...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 12:02am On May 26, 2017
Nowenuse:

because yoruba muslims voted Buhari, is that enough reason to make them brothers?

See, there are some things i don't like saying. Cos they are bitter and we are trying to promote unity.

Do you know that in cases of religious crises in the north, yoruba muslims mostly take refuge with christians??

Maybe tribal crises yes, but religious! I don't think so. If there's tribal crises in d sw( God forbid) its dsame way. The Muslims yorubas wud stil partake in killing d muslim northerners, though some mayb sympathetic and save dere neighbours, likewise in d North.

(1) (2) (3) ... (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 41 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.