Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,110 members, 7,928,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 01:19 PM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1047) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1189370 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (2512) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 9:44am On Feb 13, 2022
mdntiri:

So there's no good Nigerian? Some years back when you read a bad Nigeria story on Ghana web, you'd hear most Ghanaians say the only good Nigerian is a dead one, all Nigerians are criminals. Now you don't see those harsh comments anymore, why?
Because the Nigerians have consciouslytrietoturn their 'bad' story around.Nigeria that was once associated with fraud, 419, now we associate with Davido, WizKid, afrobeat, nollywood,comedy, entrepreneurship etc

There're good positive Nigerians, let's stop lumping all of them together in one basket and giving them a bad name. Even with all their negatives, epileptic power supply etc they're running the biggest economy in Africa, not Egypt, not South Africa, not Algeria. Let's put some respec on their name
that's not an achievement....its simply circumstance that Nigeria has the biggest economy, mostly due to population size..... You will not find a country with a similar population size that has an economy smaller than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 13, 2022
jl115:
why would I not like this?

If you like it, then cool. I don't have any problem with that.

But the point is ... Anyway, let's just leave it. grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 9:49am On Feb 13, 2022
mdntiri:

So there's no good Nigerian? Some years back when you read a bad Nigeria story on Ghana web, you'd hear most Ghanaians say the only good Nigerian is a dead one, all Nigerians are criminals. Now you don't see those harsh comments anymore, why?

Because the Nigerians have consciously tried to turn their 'bad' story around. Nigeria that was once associated with fraud, 419, now we associate with Davido, WizKid, afrobeat, nollywood,comedy, entrepreneurship etc

There're good positive Nigerians, let's stop lumping all of them together in one basket and giving them a bad name. Even with all their negatives, epileptic power supply etc they're running the biggest economy in Africa, not Egypt, not South Africa, not Algeria. Let's put some respec on their name
So there were some Ghanians who thought there was no good Nigerian at all? grin, like literally? grin This is news to my ears. I believe those must have been amongst the villagers or local guys not the enlightened Ghanians ( If true).
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

So there were some Ghanians who thought there were no good Nigerians at all? grin, like literally? grin This is news to my ears. I believe those must have been amongst the villagers or local guys not the enlightened Ghanaians ( If true).

A good portion of Ghanaians in the village can't access the internet. Maybe they are just town - yahoo boys.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 10:29am On Feb 13, 2022
rvp2018:
You have a well earned reputation as one world most dirtiest countries.

Ranked among the world’s dirtiest countries, Ghana has poor environmental sanitation and hygiene, and a lack of potable water, all of which combined have been largely blamed as the underscoring reasons for cholera outbreaks.

THESE KIND OF STATS ARE SHOCKING - I mean kenya does have cholera case - in remote places and slums - but never at epidemic level

Ghana has continued to record intermittent cholera outbreaks since the 1980s, with these becoming increasingly frequent in recent years. The most recent, devastating outbreak that occurred in June 2014 spilled over to 2015. As of 4th January 2015, a total of 28 922 cases including 243 deaths were recorded, representing a case fatality rate of 0.8% [4, 5]. The outbreak affected 130 districts out of the 216 districts in all 10 regions of Ghana [5]. Until 2014, the highest number of cholera cases recorded in a single year during an outbreak was 15 032, reported in 1982 [6]. During the 2014 outbreak, the proportion of cholera cases recorded was highest among those aged 20–49 years, representing 70% of the cases.
And your citizens are still dying from cholera as we speak.... That is what being dirty is

I wait for the day no Kenyan will die from cholera
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 10:30am On Feb 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

Have you been to Tarkodi or Capecoast or Tema? A few of my Ghanian friends are from Tarkodi, although most I know are majorly from Accra or Kumasi ( which they say is busy with a big market). I used to think Tarkodi was the third main city in Ghana until I looked it up.

But oga, you and Ghana be like cat and rat, why na? wetin Charlie dem do you?
Actually Takoradi is the third

His petty kiosk got closed down and he had been bitter since then.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 10:34am On Feb 13, 2022
jl115:
that's not an achievement....its simply circumstance that Nigeria has the biggest economy, mostly due to population size..... You will not find a country with a similar population size that has an economy smaller than Nigeria
u don't have sense, not even a bit. How does population alone influence economy? When it's right with Nigeria, you all ascribe it to population but not when wrong, even if it's d same same population that's d culprit.

Okay, Ethiopia is about half Nigeria's population, why is Ethiopia's economy not half Nigeria's economy? Why's Egypt, also about half size of Nigeria's population have more than half Nigeria's economy?

Lets hear from our resident economist. grin

Idiot said it's just circumstances. angry

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by dreamxhaser: 10:47am On Feb 13, 2022
theenchanter:
u don't have sense, not even a bit. How does population alone influence economy? When it's right with Nigeria, you all ascribe it to population but not when wrong, even if it's d same same population that's d culprit.

Okay, Ethiopia is about half Nigeria's population, why is Ethiopia's economy not half Nigeria's economy? Why's Egypt, also about half size of Nigeria's population have more than half Nigeria's economy?

They are all MAD, especially that suffering and smiling guy.

That suffering & smiling guy don enter my bad book, I dey closely watch him moves.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 10:47am On Feb 13, 2022
theenchanter:

He even tried, I was expecting him to say the figures were wrong and inflated. Population plays a huge role in Economics no doubt, but there has to be Entrepreneurship and investments on ground as well. This is why Ethiopia is not balling, and not even at least 250 Billion dollars nor has she ever been in the top 5 economies of Africa since 1990.
Ethiopia is not balling despite her population because it receives fewer FDI and investments than it should.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 10:59am On Feb 13, 2022
Just40:
Actually Takoradi is the third

His petty kiosk got closed down and he had be bitter since then.
Surprisingly all of the data I've seen says Tamale is the third major city of Ghana. Do you have a source to the contrary?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by mdntiri(m): 11:09am On Feb 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

So there were some Ghanians who thought there was no good Nigerian at all? grin, like literally? grin This is news to my ears. I believe those must have been amongst the villagers or local guys not the enlightened Ghanians ( If true).

Petrodolla up there is a living example. And these are Ghanaians who've had several unpleasant encounters with Nigerians to come to that conclusion. Maybe when you consider Ghana (most peaceful country in West Africa) Vs Nigeria (with all its security challenges), there's basis for that assertion

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kuruptnigga: 11:22am On Feb 13, 2022
dreamxhaser:

They are all MAD, especially that suffering and smiling guy.

That suffering & smiling guy don enter my bad book, I dey closely watch him moves.
grin grin grin my guy no waste your time on that stark illiterate. Just leave am make him dey mumu about. If you dey think say you wan het that one time. Omo na you i go pity oo cheesy that animal is already suffering since from childhood cheesy
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 11:34am On Feb 13, 2022
Shma:

If you like it, then cool. I don't have any problem with that.

But the point is ... Anyway, let's just leave it. grin
I support the development of all African countries......but I ain't ignorant to the fact that SA even with a struggling economy is busy with more infrastructure development than any country in Africa.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 11:35am On Feb 13, 2022
theenchanter:

please tell me the bolded is a joke grin grin grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by mdntiri(m): 11:36am On Feb 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

He even tried, I was expecting him to say the figures were wrong and inflated. Population plays a huge role in Economics no doubt, but there has to be Entrepreneurship and investments on ground as well. This is why Ethiopia is not balling, and not even at least 250 Billion dollars nor has she ever been in the top 5 economies of Africa since 1990.
Ethiopia is not balling despite her population because it receives fewer FDI and investments than it should.

Exactly. The Nigerian entrepreneurial spirit alone makes things happen, and must be appreciated. Look at the exploits of archbishop Idahosa, who introduced pentecostalism/charismatism to Africa, or T.B Joshua and how he singlehandedly contributed immensely to the revenue of Lagos state with his televangelism?

Big population alone doesn't make things happen
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 13, 2022
jl115:
I support the development of all African countries......but I ain't ignorant to the fact that SA even with a struggling economy is busy with. more infrastructure development than any country in Africa .

Not really.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by mdntiri(m): 11:57am On Feb 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

Surprisingly all of the data I've seen says Tamale is the third major city of Ghana. Do you have a source to the contrary?

Tamale is the only big city in northern Ghana, and I'm sure govt/many people'd like to see it emerge as our third city so there's spread of development across Ghana. Takoradi is in southern Ghana on the coast just like Accra, Tema, Cape Coast etc. Tamale is also one of the fastest growing cities in West Africa, it's centrally located and is the meeting point of several roads. People come from Burkina Faso, Mali to buy stuff from Tamale. It also has an international airport unlike Takoradi

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2022
@Tyser, @jl115, @Rvp

Swahili has now been adopted by the UN & AU as an official language. East Africa has won this - Africa is winning. Africa for Africa - the revolution has started. English should be a second or third language for any African.

https://www.un.org/africarenewal/magazine/december-2021/swahili-gaining-popularity-globally

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

economic wise, it is Takoradi
Population wise, it is Takoradi
Infrastructure wise, it is Takoradi

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 12:19pm On Feb 13, 2022
jl115:
please tell me the bolded is a joke grin grin grin
it isn't a joke, laaitjei. wink
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2022
Just40:
see someone too oo

From a country whose citizens are dying in the thousands from cholera in 2022

Can you imagine

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 12:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
theenchanter:
it's isn't a joke, laaitjei. wink
jeezez how bad is the Nigerian education system?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
jl115:
jeezez how bad is the Nigerian education system?
Laaitjei, answer my questions and stop questioning the Nigerian education system.

Tell me how Egypt and Ethiopia corroborates ur point in reference to Nigeria's population, laaitjei.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
Shma:

Not really.
100% fact mate wink
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 12:25pm On Feb 13, 2022
rvp2018:

Ranked among the world’s dirtiest countries, Ghana has poor environmental sanitation and hygiene, and a lack of potable water, all of which combined have been largely blamed as the underscoring reasons for cholera outbreaks.

THESE KIND OF STATS ARE SHOCKING - I mean kenya does have cholera case - in remote places and slums - but never at epidemic level

Ghana has continued to record intermittent cholera outbreaks since the 1980s, with these becoming increasingly frequent in recent years. The most recent, devastating outbreak that occurred in June 2014 spilled over to 2015. As of 4th January 2015, a total of 28 922 cases including 243 deaths were recorded, representing a case fatality rate of 0.8% [4, 5]. The outbreak affected 130 districts out of the 216 districts in all 10 regions of Ghana [5]. Until 2014, the highest number of cholera cases recorded in a single year during an outbreak was 15 032, reported in 1982 [6]. During the 2014 outbreak, the proportion of cholera cases recorded was highest among those aged 20–49 years, representing 70% of the cases.

You are still talking about cholera that happened in 2014 whislt starvation is dealing with your people even in 2022? huh!

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 12:25pm On Feb 13, 2022
theenchanter:
Laaitjei, answer my questions and stop questioning the Nigerian education system.

Tell me how Egypt and Ethiopia corroborates ur point, laaitjei.
did I say population size alone determines GDP?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 12:25pm On Feb 13, 2022
rvp2018:

You are still talking about cholera that happened in 2014 whislt starvation is dealing with your people even in 2022? huh! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 12:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
jl115:
100% fact mate wink
What's South Africa building that others ain't building. Just list your top three projects by size and value. I think even Egypt should be the ones boasting here about projects not SA.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 12:28pm On Feb 13, 2022
jl115:
stop swirling around, just expatiate what u meant here, laaitjei.
jl115:
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 12:28pm On Feb 13, 2022
jl115:
grin confusion.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 12:32pm On Feb 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

Have you been to Tarkodi or Capecoast or Tema? A few of my Ghanian friends are from Tarkodi, although most I know are majorly from Accra or Kumasi ( which they say is busy with a big market). I used to think Tarkodi was the third main city in Ghana until I looked it up.

But oga, you and Ghana be like cat and rat, why na? wetin Charlie dem do you?

Administrative-wise Tamale is the 3rd city of Ghana but in terms of development it's 6th and in terms of population it's 4th..

Just as Kano isn't your 3rd best city eventhough it gets all the attention from Government. OR?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 12:35pm On Feb 13, 2022
vankelvin:

Can you imagine

When will you post development? The trivial back and forth is just to mask your shortcomings in development. smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (2512) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.