Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,110 members, 7,928,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 01:17 PM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1050) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1189362 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) ... (2512) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2022
PROVERBZ:
I don't know how to tell u this, 'i honestly do not read what ever u type '
His brain power is too low.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 8:56pm On Feb 13, 2022
theenchanter:
what is this laaitjei saying? undecided how can population alone be $30m?
typo my bru 30 million people....
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 8:59pm On Feb 13, 2022
forgiveness:

How is it measured?

GDP can be measured in three ways:
Output: The total value of the goods and services produced by all sectors of the economy - agriculture, manufacturing, energy, construction, the service sector and government

Expenditure: The value of goods and services bought by households and by government, investment in machinery and buildings - this also includes the value of exports, minus imports

Income: The value of the income generated, mostly in terms of profits and wages.

Where did population comes in?

Population doesn’t produce goods and services but through people’s innovations.

Meaning, Nigerians are more innovative than South Africans. That’s all.
jeezez you are stup1d…...
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 9:02pm On Feb 13, 2022
theenchanter:
no, u said and I quote "Nigeria's population is the main reason Nigeria has a bigger economy than SA".

In case u don't understand what that means..... It means u're implying that population is the critical factor for Nigeria to have a bigger economy than SA.

Saying the same thing without answering my question doesn't make a laaitjei right.
bolded is exactly what I am saying..... If SA had the same population as Nigeria it would have an economy three times that of Nigeria
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 13, 2022
theenchanter:
if u read the post that aroused ur response properly, u'll see that most of what u said here are there, but NO, ur rush to stupidity won't make u see.

High tax returns eh, but Egypt, like SA still get more from tax than Nigeria.

Huge labor... Yeah, if the population are educated or skilled, not when unskilled, that'll create poor economic output.
Huge consumption rate.... YES
Huge cash flow..... Capital NO!

Population goes hand in hand with economic growth..... Not entirely true.

Nigeria of 1990 and today's difference are wide apart like the space between ur skull and ur brain because Nigeria of 90's was like north Korea of today, military quagmire. U can't compare both economic development, u still don't have sense.

At the last paragraph which I emboldened.... It would've been better if u started with that instead of ending with it cos it makes u sound more stupid because u ended up countering ur own point.
You seem to be sailing in a vincible ignorance: a lack of knowledge that a rational person is capable of acquiring by making an effort. Please allow your puny brain to unlearn.

The ground of all this was population and how it affects the economy. I gave you facts - the facts which you wholly overlooked and chose to sound wit to an extent of contradicting yourself.

First thing first, you never mentioned anything in line with tax returns. Egypt & SA getting more tax than Nigeria clearly proves how elusive your stats are - or basically a poor governing system.

Huge labor does not necessarily depend on skills - unskilled labor also plays a significant part in the labor market - we should not ignore that. And when we factor in numbers, then the paltry economic value will breakthrough. Less and less fills the father, and that's where the population is turning out from.

Bigger population and cash flow: if you've disputed this, then you're a typical dimwit. Huge pp means greater demand and greater demand means huge supply hence the aspect of cash flows. Huge existing customers in relation to pp can trigger a great rate of borrowing & repayment. Don't forget the remittances by the diasporans.

Truth can't be in the division of half or quarters. There is nothing like "not entirely true." It's either false or true.

In your third paragraph, I can see comprehension is not your forte. Who said anything contrary to your statement? Or do you have glaucoma doing you?
In the 1990s... Your population was less than half your current pp with paltry $54billion - 8 times less than your current GDP. Please, let's stick to population. Shifting goalposts won't work for you.

The last paragraph was basically a submission to correct your poorly thought-out shenanigans.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 9:05pm On Feb 13, 2022
theenchanter:
with this wacky logic, why are many populous nations still behind less populous nations?

What u fail to agree is that population, without economic pillars is nothing.

U think it's all about population, ur own dumbness is worse off than rvp's.
He's stvpid. You better let him be.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by forgiveness: 9:06pm On Feb 13, 2022
jl115:
jeezez you are stup1d…...

Bhuahahaha! Just admit you have been schooled. grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 9:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
forgiveness:

Bhuahahaha! Just admit you have been schooled. grin
my bru.... You literally posted the definition of GDP and still couldn't compute how population is a factor of GDP... ..
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 9:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
obaaderemi:
He's stvpid. You better let him be.
you also don't understand GDP my bru? Must I school you to, since it seems they don't do it in Nigeria
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by forgiveness: 9:12pm On Feb 13, 2022
jl115:
bolded is exactly what I am saying..... If SA had the same population as Nigeria it would have an economy three times that of Nigeria

If SA is actually better, they don’t need population to have three times that of Nigeria’s GDP because you were once the biggest in Africa. Even America has a bigger economy than China and India with 4 times the population of America.

The point remains SA has been disposed by a more innovative and industrious people of Nigeria. grin

Deal with this or groan in pain.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by forgiveness: 9:14pm On Feb 13, 2022
jl115:
my bru.... You literally posted the definition of GDP and still couldn't compute how population is a factor of GDP... ..

Nigerians are more innovative and industrious than our noisy SAns. grin

Don’t cry. Okay. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2022
forgiveness:

A dump population can’t create wealth. Goods and services didn’t germinate from the ground rather it was through the innovations of the people and the ability to grow it.

If GDP is going up steadily, people will pay more tax simply because they're earning and spending more

This is as a result of people’s innovations that create wealth not dumb population.
You just explained my point. But you messed it up on one thing - I think it's on the ground of ignorance. Dumb population has a little to do with the Economy - it plays a very minute role - you can categorize them in unskilled labor - but with huge pp, it can play a great role. I believe Buhari is one of the dumbest humans on the planet but generating high taxes, boosting your country's economy, right? cool
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 9:19pm On Feb 13, 2022
Shma:

You seem to be sailing in a vincible ignorance: a lack of knowledge that a rational person is capable of acquiring by making an effort. Please allow your puny brain to unlearn.

The ground of all this was population and how it affects the economy. I gave you facts - the facts which you wholly overlooked and chose to sound wit to an extent of contradicting yourself.

First thing first, you never mentioned anything in line with tax returns. Egypt & SA getting more tax than Nigeria clearly proves how elusive your stats are - or basically a poor governing system.

Huge labor does not necessarily depend on skills - unskilled labor also plays a significant part in the labor market - we should not ignore that and when we factor in numbers, then the paltry economic value will breakthrough. Less and less fills the father, and that's where the population is turning out from.

Bigger population and cash flow: if you've disputed this, then you're a typical dimwit. Huge pp means greater demand and greater demand means huge supply hence the aspect of cash flows. Huge existing customers in relation to pp can trigger a great rate of borrowing & repayment. Don't forget the remittances by the diasporans.

Truth can't be in the division of half or quarters. There is nothing like "not entirely true." It's either false or true.

In your third paragraph, I can see comprehension is not your forte. Who said anything contrary to your statement? Or do you have glaucoma doing you?
In the 1990s... Your population was less than half your current pp. Please, let's stick to population. Shifting goalposts won't work for you.

The last paragraph was basically a submission to correct your poorly thought-out shenanigans.

I stopped reading at the first paragraph..... U're only here to pump ur limited knowledge.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 9:21pm On Feb 13, 2022
jl115:
if SA has 3x Nigeria's population right now, with ur current economic woes, SA will be in shambles!!!
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by PetroDolla2020: 9:22pm On Feb 13, 2022
fvck you! fvck your entire generation. You are big fooool grin Yes, I am daring you to step into the ring with PetroDolla grin If dem born you well, try that nonsense with me. stvpid f00l cool

PetroDolla will eat you raw, maggot cool Fooolish goat grin

[s]
mdntiri:

I'm not sure you'd want to be acting stu pid towards me, I be fu.king pass you. If I have reason to quote you or anybody here I would. You're not above correction. Go ask precious girl how I shut her up from posting nonsense posts.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by forgiveness: 9:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
Shma:

You just explained my point. But you messed it up on one thing - I think it's on the ground of ignorance. Dumb population has a little to do with the Economy - it plays a very minute role - you can categorize them in unskilled labor - but with huge pp, it can play a great role. I believe Buhari is one of the dumbest humans on the planet but generating high taxes, boosting your country's economy, right? cool

If GDP is going up steadily, people will pay more tax simply because they're earning and spending more.

Do you understand this statement?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2022
theenchanter:
I stopped reading at the first paragraph..... U're only here to pump ur limited knowledge.
Because your puny brain has been reduced to rock-bottom. currently, it has hit its limit. You can't stretch it past there.

You can now wash your face, pee, and sleep. cool
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 13, 2022
forgiveness:

If GDP is going up steadily, people will pay more tax simply because they're earning and spending more.

please, Use another example. This one is the dumbest example I've read

Or, rephrase it.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by PetroDolla2020: 9:29pm On Feb 13, 2022
nigeria's education may be the cheapest, it also the most useless. Are you aware of DHL MBAs? People register for MBA courses and never step into a class but get their certificates and stuff by DHL?

Most of the public universities in Nigeria are not even fit for human habitation. They have been neglected and very shabby.

Is not better to charge a reasonable fee and get the system moving well, than to charge low fees and provide facilities and standards that are crap? Most of the lecturers in your public institutions are very corrupt

theenchanter:
Nigeria's education is one of the cheapest in the world, I can attest to that. It should be among the top 5 cheapest in the continent......esp if u attend a federal institution.

Heavily subsidized for the ordinary citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 9:32pm On Feb 13, 2022
Shma:

if 40% of a nation's populace are below 18years, 50% are at working age of 18yrs-65yrs and the remaining 10% are old and fragile.....

Now, the nation depends on 50% of the population, if 50% of those 50% are unskilled and the other 50% are very skilled and highly educated, then those ones will create more opportunities for economic growth than the unskilled ones.

Let's now agree that the country is depending on 25% skilled populace and another 25% unskilled populace, will the country provide infrastructures and basic amenities for only them, leaving the non-working ones? Do u even know that that country will spend more on servicing needs than building infrastructures to stimulate economic growth?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 9:33pm On Feb 13, 2022
forgiveness:

A dump population can’t create wealth. Goods and services didn’t germinate from the ground rather it was through the innovations of the people and the ability to grow it.

If GDP is going up steadily, people will pay more tax simply because they're earning and spending more

This is as a result of people’s innovations that create wealth not dumb population.

Failure of Nigerian authorities to tax Nigerians shouldn't be construed an an excuse to spread ignorance. A dumb population can be taxed without a whimper of protest, you just choose not to.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 9:33pm On Feb 13, 2022
PetroDolla2020:
nigeria's education may be the cheapest, it also the most useless. Are you aware of DHL MBAs? People register for MBA courses and never step into a class but get their certificates and stuff by DHL?

Most of the public universities in Nigeria are not even fit for human habitation. They have been neglected and very shabby.

Is not better to charge a reasonable fee and get the system moving well, than to charge low fees and provide facilities and standards that are crap? Most of the lecturers in your public institutions are very corrupt

dude, take ur derangement elsewhere, I wasn't talking to u.

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2022
PetroDolla2020:

You are deranged. Save your energy dimwit.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2022
Shma:

Because your puny brain has been reduced to rock-bottom. currently, it has hit its limit. You can't stretch it past there.

You can now wash your face, pee, and sleep. cool
I stopped reading because the first paragraph, which is my first impression of ur post is a spoiler.

Learn how to make ur posts catchy with d first paragraph.

Lesson 101. wink
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2022
theenchanter:
if 40% of a nation's populace are below 18years, 50% are at working age of 18yrs-65yrs and the remaining 10% are old and fragile.....

Now, the nation depends on 50% of the population, if 50% of those 50% are unskilled and the other 50% are very skilled and highly educated, then those ones will create more opportunities for economic growth than the unskilled ones.

Let's now agree that the country is depending on 25% skilled populace and another 25% unskilled populace, will the country provide infrastructures and basic amenities for only them, leaving the non-working ones? Do u even know that that country will spend more on servicing needs than building infrastructures to stimulate economic growth?

You've just explained the life-cycle hypothesis that I told you to go read about.

But, 25% of 1000 is not equal to 25% of 100, right? Let's be logical, please.

Population - huge numbers, is the bone of contention. You can juggle with all algorithms but that won't change anything, chanter. cool

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 9:37pm On Feb 13, 2022
Shma:

You've just explained the life-cycle hypothesis that I told you to go read about.
but u failed to note that the govt will spend more on the population rather than economic stimulants.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2022
Shma:

This is why Nigeria has a bigger GDP than South Africa. Not just because of the population but due to what a good number of the populace do as well.

SMALL and MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES

Accordng to the Nigeria Bureau of Statistics, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) contributed about 48% of the national GDP in the last five years. With a total number of about 17.4 million, they account for about 50% of industrial jobs and nearly 90% of the manufacturing sector, in terms of number of enterprises.

Aba's 120 Billion naira shoe Industry booms despite Government neglect.

https://businessday.ng/investigations/article/abas-n120bn-shoe-industry-booms-despite-neglect/

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2022
forgiveness:

If people don't pay taxes which allow the government to raise capital for investment and development spending, how will the GDP even rise?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 9:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
Shma:

But, 25% of 1000 is not equal to 25% of 100, right? Let's be logical, please.
no, I didn't just read about that.

While I quite agree, I didn't bring up number, only percentages.

And if by comparing countries on this thread, I don't think there's any nation that has 10% of Nigeria's population.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by PetroDolla2020: 9:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
millions of kenyans are starving to death as we speak. I know you are hungry and frustrated. But how is that my fault?

[s]
gallivant:

You are deranged. Save your energy dimwit.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by PetroDolla2020: 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2022
consider it an honour that I can descend soo low to speak to you grin

[s]
theenchanter:
dude, take ur derangement elsewhere, I wasn't talking to u.
[/s]
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by PetroDolla2020: 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
Tell me, why do nigerians give birth like pigs? They keep producing children as if their lives depend on it. And they end becoming a nuisance to the whole world grin is it that you nigerians like sex, sex ,sex or what exactly?

theenchanter:
no, I didn't just read about that.

While I quite agree, I didn't bring up number, only percentages.

And if by comparing countries on this thread, I don't think there's any nation that has 10% of Nigeria's population.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) ... (2512) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.