Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,929 members, 7,895,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 11:34 PM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1065) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1167380 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) ... (2508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2022
gallivant:

Source?
your own country central bank, your statistical service, OECD, WB, IMF and etc

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 6:18pm On Feb 16, 2022
Just40:
your own country central bank, your statistical service, OECD, WB, IMF and etc

You are not doing any favours to your credibility.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
GeneralDae:

So then what indices suggests Kenyans are more productive than Nigeria? grin.
Do the comparison of both private sectors and all forms of industries and let's see. You are also less endowed with minerals than many countries in Africa like Congo and Angola right? Bring up the facts, and make it make sense.
Let's take for instance the Industry including construction value added, % of GDP. Nigeria is 25.7% and Kenya is 16.4%.
As for having more resources, it's possible to have resources, and not have enough of the indigenous private sectors taking advantage of those resources. This is why you have a bigger GDP than Congo, Gabon, Angola, Libya etc despite the resources in those countries.
Nigerian economy is only death look at the president running abroad to borrow money. Kenya is years ahead please take a look at Benin Republic and ask yourself why do they have electricity and petrol and you do not have
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
gallivant:

You are not doing any favours to your credibility.
why, you don't know those institutions er?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 6:21pm On Feb 16, 2022
GeneralDae:

Our total financial sector was 122.3 trillion naira, (293 billion dollars) as at 2019. Our banking sector was 42.6 trillion naira from that, and then 53.3 trillion in 2020. Can you give me the records for the total financial sector of Kenya (which includes fintech)?

Please what type of financial sector are you talking about when Nigeria spent 97% of its earnings serviceing deat
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 6:23pm On Feb 16, 2022
Just40:
why, you don't know those institutions er?

I want to see the sources where you got your random trade figures. Specifically, don't rely on ambiguity and tomfoolery.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2022
rvp20182:
They are valid all the time. You not only have to beat us - but you have to beat us 4 times - to be ahead. To merely beat us - is not good enough. Unless you are happy with just enough. If you're building roads - I expect you to do 4 times more. If you are building schools - I expect to see 4 times more - just to reach our level.

Please rvp are you dreaming, if somebody is spending 97% of his any servicing debt. What do you think that person can achieve in life he is just going to work to pay the money which is boring
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 6:30pm On Feb 16, 2022
68816419:
At $3 billion, Flutterwave is currently the highest valued African startup, surpassing the $2 billion valuation set by SoftBank-backed fintech OPay and FTX-backed cross-border payments platform Chipper Cash last year.
In Nigeria borrowing money can be classified as fintech
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 6:33pm On Feb 16, 2022
gallivant:

Night jacaranda photos

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 6:55pm On Feb 16, 2022
gallivant:

I want to see the sources where you got your random trade figures. Specifically, don't rely on ambiguity and tomfoolery.
Here from Statista... Ghana is even at 25.6 billion

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 7:10pm On Feb 16, 2022
Just40:
Here from Statista... Ghana is even at 25.6 billion

Most sources state $5 billion for Kenya and $16 billion for Ghana. Over 80% of Ghana's exports constituted oil and gold. Without mother nature's hydrocarbons you would have been less belligerent and known your place.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 7:12pm On Feb 16, 2022
gallivant:

Most sources state $5 billion for Kenya and $16 billion for Ghana. Over 80% of Ghana's exports constituted oil and gold. Without mother nature's hydrocarbons you would have been less belligerent and known your place.
Good luck

Even if we remove hydrocarbons and gold, Ghana export will still be twice yours...

Remove gold 10 billion and oils 4.4 billion as well as manganese 460 million..

We will still have 10.7 billion dollars

5 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 7:24pm On Feb 16, 2022
Just40:
Good luck

Even if we remove hydrocarbons and gold, Ghana export will still be twice yours...

Remove gold 10 billion and oils 4.4 billion as well as manganese 460 million..

We will still have 10.7 billion dollars

What is 80% of $16 billion. Find a calculator and get back to me.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 7:26pm On Feb 16, 2022
gallivant:

have you decided to make up numbers from your ass again
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 16, 2022
theenchanter:
let's see the table or chart that put ur GDP at $110b and Nigeria's at $440b. smiley

Very simple, I can do it. According to WB, 2yrs ago. Kenya was revolving around $101B-$102B

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.MKTP.CD?locations=KE

2021 - Kenya $109B
2021 - Nigeria $480B

https://www.statista.com/statistics/451111/gross-domestic-product-gdp-in-kenya/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/383118/gross-domestic-product-gdp-in-nigeria/
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
gallivant:

No sane debate here. This hobbit will just waste your time, drag you to their mess, and laugh. He has been demolished by Nigerians, and now, the only place to waste words with his usual shenanigans as he tries to save face is with Kenyans.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 7:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
Just40:
have you decided to make up numbers from your ass again

No son, am not you. Read here..

https://wits.worldbank.org/CountryProfile/en/Country/GHA/Year/LTST/Summarytext

https://wits.worldbank.org/CountrySnapshot/en/GHA/textview#:~:text=Overall%20Exports%20and%20Imports%20for,are%20imported%20from%20178%20countries.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2022
Shma:

No sane debate here. This hobbit will just waste your time, drag you to their mess, and laugh. He has been demolished by Nigerians, and now, the only place to waste words with his usual shenanigans as he tries to save face is with Kenyans.

Couldn't agree more. Let him post development instead, am done with words. wink

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2022
gallivant:

No son, am not you. Read here..

https://wits.worldbank.org/CountryProfile/en/Country/GHA/Year/LTST/Summarytext

https://wits.worldbank.org/CountrySnapshot/en/GHA/textview#:~:text=Overall%20Exports%20and%20Imports%20for,are%20imported%20from%20178%20countries.
since you're posting Ghana 2019 exports...

Ghana exported 22.9 billion dollars of product and services..

Gold export was 5.9 billion
Oil was 5.2 billion

Still the remaining 11.9 billion dollars was more than twice of your export

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2022
The Capital

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 7:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
Just40:
since you're posting Ghana 2019 exports...

Ghana exported 22.9 billion dollars of product and services..

Gold export was 5.9 billion
Oil was 5.2 billion

Still the remaining 11.9 billion dollars was more than twice of your export

Thanks but take it up with someone else. smiley
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 7:48pm On Feb 16, 2022
gallivant:

Thanks but take it up with someone else. smiley
next time don't make noise trying compare your country to us in anything

You'll lose all the time

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2022
Shma:

Very simple, I can do it. According to WB, 2yrs ago. Kenya was revolving around $101B-$102B

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.MKTP.CD?locations=KE

2021 - Kenya $109B
2021 - Nigeria $480B

https://www.statista.com/statistics/451111/gross-domestic-product-gdp-in-kenya/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/383118/gross-domestic-product-gdp-in-nigeria/
ok, thank u.

Kenya is at $109b, not $110b........
Nigeria is at $480b, not $440

I just wanted to point ur michief to u.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2022
Ghanian woman changing Abuja plastic pollution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3JuYCes5Vk

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2022
Just40:
next time don't make noise trying compare your country to us in anything

You'll lose all the time

I can never compare with small economies.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2022
theenchanter:
ok, thank u.

Kenya is at $109b, not $110b........
Nigeria is at $480b, not $440

I just wanted to point ur michief to u.
I was very correct. The only mistake I made, was to quote Nigeria's 2019 GDP and Kenya's 2022 .
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2022
Shma:

I was very correct. The only mistake I made, was to quote Nigeria's 2019 GDP and Kenya's 2022 .
ok.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 8:00pm On Feb 16, 2022
gallivant:

I can never compare with small economies.
hence why you're here trying to compare with bigger economies like Ghana with bigger trade income and bigger retail sales

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 10:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
smiley
Unfortunately apart from flutterwave, the others (most notably Calendly) are not African based but rather Atlanta and Newyork where they can thrive.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 11:23pm On Feb 16, 2022
jl115:
you can continue to say no as much as you like Sammy but that doesn't change the facts wink

Yes it’s doesn’t change the fact that u are the world most unequal zoo..this singular facts pains you to your bone marrow cos it’s render all your argument useless and baseless .by all mean necessary deal with it.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 11:24pm On Feb 16, 2022
jl115:
actually yes that's 100% the case cool

Nope that ai t the case.stop wasting my time.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 11:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
rvp20182:
Remove the patriotic blinkers and it staring at you.
Name any index - you're at best equal to Kenya or twice.
Total Bank asset - 110B dollars - versus 55B.
Cement consumption - 18-21 - versus 8-10m tonnes
The stuff you cannot rig like estimating agriculture - you're again at best twice as big as kenya.
In many areas your economy is below kenya -
Give and take - your economy is about 200-220B - not 400B.

Unfortunately no one could care about your opinions. Get your economy up and running so you do t have to complain and whine whenever Nigeria’s economy is mentioned.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) ... (2508) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.