Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,847 members, 7,889,841 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:17 PM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1161706 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) ... (2507) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 20, 2022
rvp2018:
I bet if they allowed it - they would built. The reason skycrappers are not built in developed world is because getting permits is almost impossible. Nigeria has no such excuses. Nobody has wanted to built and gov said nope...you can only build this height. You're not buiding it because there is no demand for office space.
Exactly... Or if the land price is too expensive. so it becomes more of an economic value to set up a skyscraper.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 9:07pm On May 20, 2022
theenchanter:
someone that's not feeling fine.

I once read an article where Kenyan govt ask an American company or so to build a 50+ building in Nairobi and I instantly pardoned their bias toward skyscrapers.
just a North Korea shithole
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 9:10pm On May 20, 2022
Shma:

Read to understand... don't rush.

There is nowhere in my sentiment where I've equated skyscrapers to development. What I said was that skyscrapers are NOT THE ONLY tool for development measurement but it's also part of development.

"Technology & skyscrapers are important in the modern world. Although, that does not entirely mean that skyscrapers are the only tools that define modernization or development as you may put . "
If we decompound the emboldened, you'll realize that there are so many yardsticks for measuring development including but not limited to skyscrapers, roads, or apartments as it was said.

I've made ur submission easier for u .... Don't complicate it any further.

Yes, u did mention these things but ur emphasis was more on skyscrapers = developed cities.

Just rest.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 9:11pm On May 20, 2022
GeneralDae:

Kenyans seem to be in love with skyscrapers. To me, trams and rails in a city are way better infrastructures with insurmountable economic benefits.
yeah, infrastructures are what makes a city developed, not skyscrapers. Those are just buildings.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 9:15pm On May 20, 2022
rvp2018:
I bet if they allowed it - they would built. The reason skycrappers are not built in developed world is because getting permits is almost impossible. Nigeria has no such excuses. Nobody has wanted to build and gov said nope...you can only build this height. You're not buiding it because there is no demand for office space.
Nigeria, particularly Lagos is building skyscrapers but u don't see us hyperventilating over it. Forget that Lagos actually have a building height limit of 100m, excluding Eko Atlantic.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Balogunodua(m): 9:35pm On May 20, 2022
rvp2018:
Skyscrappers and apartments first are best use of urban land to avoid urban sprawl and traffic jams like Lagos.
Secondly skycrappers are mostly offices - and built by private developers.
They built it because there is huge demand for office space - and the land is pretty expensive - and they want to build so many units.
Apart from communist regime - like Tanzania - or Abuja planned cities - cities like Nairobi develops organically.
Someone comes, study office or hotel or residential demand, and built them. Nobody ask them - it's real estate market and their money.
That is effective demand. You will find Laogs has oversupply because there are that NOT many formal jobs being generated to occupy such buildings. And of course running a generator the whole day for lifts to work isnt funny.

Of course govs regulate the heights of buildings...and can decide to disallow tall buildings for any reasons.

Lolz.. cheesy

What is all this rubbish your wrote up there Kenya develops organically with empty buildings all over the place...or how does Nairaobi beat Lagos in numbers of formal jobs or office space and demand when Lagos itself attract more foreign investment than the whole Kenya both in tech sector despite the fact that it has the most expensive office rent in Africa.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Balogunodua(m): 9:41pm On May 20, 2022
theenchanter:
Nigeria, particularly Lagos is building skyscrapers but u don't see us hyperventilating over it. Forget that Lagos actually have a building height limit of 100m, excluding Eko Atlantic.
You don't need to waste your time on those Dumbo's who thinks skyscrapers equate increase in formal jobs and office space demand while the ones they have built remains empty.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 9:49pm On May 20, 2022
Shma:

Another typical west African bonobo... Who is yet to learn what sub-Saharan mean.

Lmao you are such a fool like I said earlier. You spin argument to Favour your opinions then re-edit and re-spin when cornered and the cycle continues.

What is wrong in calling the whole Africa,aren’t they part of the continent or are you scared it’s renders your argument useless like your life.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 9:51pm On May 20, 2022
Balogunodua:

You don't need to waste your time on those Dumbo's who thinks skyscrapers equate increase in formal jobs and office space demand while the ones they have built remains empty.
Just check Linkedin.com job openings alone, check all over the pages, Kenya as a whole doesn't even have more than 1000 job openings and that's just one indicator. Maybe the Kenyan job openings (for benefit of the doubt) are on Indeed or other platforms because if they are also few there, then one wonders what those skyscrapers are used for.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 9:52pm On May 20, 2022
rvp2018:
I bet if they allowed it - they would built. The reason skycrappers are not built in developed world is because getting permits is almost impossible. Nigeria has no such excuses. Nobody has wanted to build and gov said nope...you can only build this height. You're not buiding it because there is no demand for office space.

Uggghhhh. I am not here to engage in endless argument.Lagos has height restrictions and office space demand is a boom here,don’t ask me how I know - I have my eyes.

Bottomline is scrapes or no scrapes, the mediocre stretch of road or not,Lagos is still miles ahead of you. There not you have in Nairobi that cannot be gotten in Lagos in double folds- quote me anywhere,anytime , I said what I said.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 9:54pm On May 20, 2022
Shma:

Trams are the best too.... I respect your preference. Kenya is setting up trams in less than 4yrs to come. Maybe it will be the first one in sub-Saharan - I don't know about SA. I believe Morocco and tunis have already achieved that.

Lmao, please focus on electing those idiot ,Tito or ralia grin grin grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 20, 2022
theenchanter:
I've made ur submission easier for u .... Don't complicate it any further.

Yes, u did mention these things but ur emphasis was more on skyscrapers = developed cities.

Just rest.

The skyscraper was & still is the bone of contention.

If the topic at hand was roads, I would have said the same. Development is not only gauged by roads, but also by other aspects... But that does not mean that roads are not part of developmentnt.

Why is it so difficult to swallow the fact that I, a Kenyan, understand the basic spices of development - and I know very well that skyscrapers are not the only infrastructure that measures development? Or you just want to force that narrative on us so that you can keep peddling your prejudice antics toward us?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 9:56pm On May 20, 2022
Balogunodua:

Lolz.. cheesy

What is all this rubbish your wrote up there Kenya develops organically with empty buildings all over the place...or how does Nairaobi beat Lagos in numbers of formal jobs or office space and demand when Lagos itself attract more foreign investment than the whole Kenya both in tech sector despite the fact that it has the most expensive office rent in Africa.

He is a fool. Just vomiting nonsense from his anus.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 9:59pm On May 20, 2022
Shma:

The skyscraper was & still is the bone of contention.

If the topic at hand was roads, I would have said the same. Development is not only gauged by roads, but also by other aspects... But that does not mean that roads are not part of developmentnt.

Why is it so difficult to swallow the fact that I, a Kenyan, understand the basic spices of development - and I know very well that skyscrapers are not the only infrastructure that measures development? Or you just want to force that narrative on us so that you can keep peddling your prejudice antics toward us?

Mumu.

Do you think your zoo can build Africa’s fastest high speed rail. All this going on here lowkey with barely any noise. If this was Nairobi there would be a million content across all social platforms.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 20, 2022
samorobo:

Lmao you are such a fool like I said earlier. You spin argument to Favour your opinions then re-edit and re-spin when cornered and the cycle continues.

What is wrong in calling the whole Africa,aren’t they part of the continent or are you scared it’s renders your argument useless like your life.

Where is the editing or modification? I'm usually very keen on my words.

You knew what you were replying to... And hence, you're a fool.

A dimwit that doesn't know what sub-Saharan means, smh! Now you see the reasons why I don't engage you in the discussions? YOU ARE AN IRREDEEMABLE BAFFOON.

Byee.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 20, 2022
theenchanter:
We should not mention skyscrapers, expressway, or Lamu port, because we have them and you don't? I mean, you have a substandard version of them, but you have them, right?

Now I see where you're coming from.. But Nairobi has more skyscrapers than Nigeria, FYI. cool
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 10:19pm On May 20, 2022
Shma:

Where is the editing or modification? I'm usually very keen on my words.

You knew what you were replying to... And hence, you're a fool.

A dimwit that doesn't know what sub-Saharan means, smh! Now you see the reasons why I don't engage you in the discussions? YOU ARE AN IRREDEEMABLE BAFFOON.

Byee.

The big question is why are you trying to cut out a part of Africa for your own selfish argument?

Address the elephant in the room and stop beating around the bush.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 10:24pm On May 20, 2022
Shma:

We should not mention skyscrapers, expressway, or Lamu port, because we have them and you don't? I mean, you have a substandard version of them, but you have them, right?

Now I see where you're coming from.. But Nairobi has more skyscrapers than Nigeria, FYI. cool

Lol please look else where you are not talking Tanzanian,you are talking to Africa’s giant. Nothing in your zoo will ever heckled Nigeria. Lamu is a dead joke going with uhuru’s administration. Lekki deep seaport is about 90% complete and it’s the deepest in this region and should be among the top 3 in Africa if not the top itself upon completion. Already I heard badagry deepseaport has started construction,now that one should be twice the size of lekki deep sea port.

Let me know when your zoo can afford Africa’s fastest high speed rail not some cheap Chinese road that is already faltering.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 12:33am On May 21, 2022
Shma:

Trams are the best too.... I respect your preference. Kenya is setting up trams in less than 4yrs to come. Maybe it will be the first one in sub-Saharan - I don't know about SA. I believe Morocco and tunis have already achieved that.
we have BRTs we don't need trams
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by tylann: 5:40am On May 21, 2022
Lagos is overcrowded you need skycrapers by force don't compare yourself to Algiers and Casablanca

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 6:14am On May 21, 2022
Just read reports from real estate firms - who have studied office, retail, hotel and warehousing space - demand and supply - Lagos has overcapacity - because the generator powered economy is not producing enough formal jobs to create demand for office or retail or hotel spaces.

FDI that flows into extractive industries have zero impact. It's only recently that Lagos has started to attracted Fintech. Nairobi attract the same. It need to attract a lot more than fintech within the service industries to generate demand for office spaces.

What helps Nairobi of course it's social capital of the world - NGOs and UNs - pump a lot of money - to Africa - mostly through Nairobi. This is not reflected in commercial transactions but create a lot of demand for high quality office, hotel and retail spaces.

Balogunodua:

Lolz.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 6:15am On May 21, 2022
Yes - it would greatly help - the urban sprawl is crazy.
tylann:
Lagos is overcrowded you need skycrapers by force don't compare yourself to Algiers and Casablanca

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kuruptnigga: 8:41am On May 21, 2022
Balogunodua:

Lolz.. cheesy

You can imagine. Using our Nigerian names to name their capital city, ‘Nairaobi’! grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Balogunodua(m): 9:24am On May 21, 2022
rvp2018:
Just read reports from real estate firms - who have studied office, retail, hotel and warehousing space - demand and supply - Lagos has overcapacity - because the generator powered economy is not producing enough formal jobs to create demand for office or retail or hotel spaces.

FDI that flows into extractive industries have zero impact. It's only recently that Lagos has started to attracted Fintech. Nairobi attract the same. It need to attract a lot more than fintech within the service industries to generate demand for office spaces.

What helps Nairobi of course it's social capital of the world - NGOs and UNs - pump a lot of money - to Africa - mostly through Nairobi. This is not reflected in commercial transactions but create a lot of demand for high quality office, hotel and retail spaces.

You are saying nonsense again...the generator powered economy as you said is the 7 largest economy in Africa larger than the whole Kenya...you must be joking when you said that..service industry still provide bulk of Nigeria GDP with Lagos having the lion share, so what all this service fumbling you are making? How does Nairaobi beat Lagos in Office demand is the question you should answer my friend.

Nigeria still has more service industries than Kenya and generates more money from it than Kenya.. FACT
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Balogunodua(m): 9:25am On May 21, 2022
samorobo:

He is a fool. Just vomiting nonsense from his anus.

He needs to be calming down... grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Balogunodua(m): 9:26am On May 21, 2022
GeneralDae:

Just checked Linkedin.com job openings alone, check all over the pages, Kenya as a whole doesn't even have more than 1000 job openings and that's just one indicator. Maybe the Kenyan job openings (for benefit of the doubt) are on Indeed or other platforms because if they are also few there, then one wonders what those skyscrapers are used for.
Help me ask am...d guy no just get sense...
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Balogunodua(m): 9:27am On May 21, 2022
Kuruptnigga:
You can imagine. Using our Nigerian names to name their capital city, ‘Nairaobi’! grin
grin grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Balogunodua(m): 9:28am On May 21, 2022
tylann:
From a dumb Kenyan... grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by 68816419: 9:59am On May 21, 2022
Fastest projects in Africa history , all in less than 5 months, Flyovers, interchanges, Massive train stations, pedestrian Bridges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea8Wwbk19m4

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Balogunodua(m): 10:17am On May 21, 2022
Sri Lankan food crisis, one would think Africa will be worst according to Global food index...

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Balogunodua(m): 10:18am On May 21, 2022
68816419:
Fastest projects in Africa history , all in less than 5 months, Flyovers, interchanges, Massive train stations, pedestrian Bridges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea8Wwbk19m4
The so called generator powered economy doing wonders... grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 10:42am On May 21, 2022
Balogunodua:
Sri Lankan food crisis, one would think Africa will be worst according to Global food index...
Sri Lanka was already in deep economic crisis before this period. Their debts were already totally out of control for them as well. The Russian-Ukraine war worsened the situation. Their problem is they are at a stage where they have very little money to even import.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) ... (2507) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.