Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,184 members, 7,907,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 05:22 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1175929 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) ... (2510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
KaziKazi - without Kenya - you'd still be like Nigeria or Ghana - producing low tech agriculture.

State-owned Kenya Seed Company Ltd (Kenya Seed Company) researches, develops and markets field crops and vegetable seeds, alongside the sale of pesticides and fertilizers. It was incorporated in 1956, and in 1979 it acquired Simpson and White Law, a vegetable seed company that trades under the brand name Simlaw Seeds. Kenya Seed Company also established the brands Kibo in Tanzania and Simlaw Seeds (Uganda) in Uganda.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
rvp2018:
Sounds like primary or lower secondary schools elucidation of manufacturing. It doesnt work like that on real life.If it was easy like that many countries would have done it.
It's about many factors all coming together....at the right time.
Now it's happening in Vietnam and Bangaldesh.
Most important is having excess labour that you can hire at slavish cost.
Then there is logistics of moving raw materials and finished goods
Tanzania is 30yrs from being nearly ready
Kenya is pretty close
Yes that is primary or basics of manufacturing. Of course there are many other factors,but I mentioned the basics.I cant fill up the page mentioning ever thing including little things.
And in whichever angle u try to look at,you can't make it into a real manufacturing if those factors are not into place. That's a reason why countries like Kenya are now struggling. You import too many things.
What I have noticed,most of you kiberans think manufacturing can work by just doing theories and speak a word kenya in all social media's and internet and load it with fake stats.
China didn't do that, Korea didn't, Vietnam didn't either.But it's only u Kenyans and some madmen from Africa think you can be an industrialized economy without a robust agriculture, without reliable and affordable power,without peace in your country,without low cost labour,and with all those high levels of corruption.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 9:36pm On Oct 11, 2022
Ethiopia is hopeless - landlocked. Nearly all manufacturing has to happen at coastline - anything else is not scalable - logistic wise. Tanzania is even more hopeless because they are just lazy.

African countries with coastline should develop free port linked to SEZ - if they have EXCESS LABOUR. Africa population doesnt generally have excess labour - it's still very youthful. kenya for example has abou 15M people - who are working age but half are farmers - so you're talking about 8 million people - remove traders and all that - you have real working population of 4 million spread in wide area.

Cities like Lagos have that opportunity - that likes of Dhaka and Veitnam cities have - If they can fix basic stuff. If Lagos can turn Lekki deep sea and sorrounding into SEZ - they can get manufacturing for export going. But stupid Nigeria gov is focused on ABUJA - hopeless Potemkin village that is USSR/Russia like.

If Lagos get the Deep Sea Port - give it to chinese to run it , give Lekki as SEZ with it's own electricity, security, taxes, laws and etc, and make it special economic zone - it has the ingredient for a successfully manufacturing hub - they will have huge desperate labour force - willing to sweat in manufacturing sweatshops - and with AGOA - few kilometres from the US shores - they will be very successful

GeneralDae:

So you are saying Ethiopia do not have all or most of these problems? So why do we not see the signs already in Ethiopia and Tanzania? Why are they not some of the top manufacturers of finished goods in Africa??

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 9:36pm On Oct 11, 2022
rvp2018:
Bigger than South Africa now

Avocado are one of our small food items we export
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 9:38pm On Oct 11, 2022
GeneralDae:

So you are saying Ethiopia do not have all or most of these problems? So why do we not see the signs already in Ethiopia and Tanzania? Why are they not some of the top manufacturers of finished goods in Africa??

This is why?

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2022
AfriqueDuZuid:

Avocado are one of our small food items we export

Nobody cares. smiley
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 9:44pm On Oct 11, 2022
Kazikazi:
Tz isn't in Ldc.
Anyway,why is kenya stil starving?

Actually you are one poorest country in the world.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2022
crazyiguana:
Twyford Ceramics Kenya
Twyford is owned by Jack feng who started a ceramic factory in Tz and exporting to kenya and Uganda, from there,he opened a factory in Kenya ugand and now I believe he is opening in Ghana,but the Tanzanian factory is the biggest tile factory in subsaharan Africa.

Before the inauguration of the factory in Tz.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XhHBVymEqo&t=89s

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2022
Kazikazi:
Twyford is owned by Jack feng who startle a ceramic factory in Tz and exporting to kenya and Uganda, from there,he opened a factory in Kenya ugand and now I believe he is opening in Ghana,but the Tanzanian factory is the biggest tile factory in subsaharan Africa.

Before the inauguration of the factory in Tz..

What are you doing to fix the balance in trade? Do you think Jack Feng can help?

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2022
rvp2018:
Your hoe-powered agriculture with low quality maize cannot ever be compared to kenya.
Infact without Kenya Seeds moving to Tanzania - you'd still be producing the worse maize full of afflotoxin.

I have helped people import tractors from Europe. I can tell outside South Africa - Kenya has probably 2nd highest tractor ownership in Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjE_z5pnD0Q&t=95s

Stop speaking from your ass. Do your research first.
According to the report, ‘Sustainable Agricultural Mechanization: A Framework for Africa’, published last year by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, in 2000 the tractors in use in Africa were concentrated in a small number of countries, with 70% in South Africa and Nigeria.

https://www.farmersweekly.co.za/opinion/blog/letter-from-the-editor/a-turning-point-for-tractor-use-in-africa/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 9:55pm On Oct 11, 2022
One data source.

Mechanisation: World moves without Nigeria - Businessday NGhttps://businessday.ng › agriculture › article › mechanis...
Mar 6, 2019 — Kenya had 25 tractors per 100 square kilometres of arable land in 2009 while Nigeria has almost seven, according to the most recent data .

Now if you consider that arable land in Kenya is tiny sliver - smiley then you know real tractor usage is intensive.

GeneralDae:

Stop speaking from your ass. Do your research first.
According to the report, ‘Sustainable Agricultural Mechanization: A Framework for Africa’, published last year by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, in 2000 the tractors in use in Africa were concentrated in a small number of countries, with 70% in South Africa and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2022
rvp2018:
One data source.

Mechanisation: World moves without Nigeria - Businessday NGhttps://businessday.ng › agriculture › article › mechanis...
Mar 6, 2019 — Kenya had 25 tractors per 100 square kilometres of arable land in 2009 while Nigeria has almost seven, according to the most recent data .

Now if you consider that arable land in Kenya is tiny sliver - smiley then you know real tractor usage is intensive.

Lol you are quoting 2019 ,he is quoting recent update. I think we got massive supply of tractor from Brazil in 2020(post covid) and that surged the numbers.

You are just ignorant and stupid .

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2022
rvp2018:
One data source.

You said after South Africa, you have the second ownership of tractors in Africa, now you are reducing it to just tractors per arable land grin?
The question is: How many tractors are in Kenya altogether?

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 10:08pm On Oct 11, 2022
I think so; I am not certain; but suspect it
Look like you have only 7,000 active tractors - about 50k including broken down ones; smiley
GeneralDae:

You said after South Africa, you have the second ownership of tractors in Africa, now you are reducing it to just tractors per arable land grin?
The question is: How many tractors are in Kenya altogether?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
rvp2018:
Stop suspecting.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 10:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
rvp2018:
Look like you have only 7,000 active tractors - about 50k including broken down ones; smiley
So how many is in Kenya? and show me where it is second in Africa?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 10:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
Based on the tractor per area - definitely 3 times more.
GeneralDae:

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 10:17pm On Oct 11, 2022
GeneralDae:

Southern Africa at least benefitted from those investments from whites you mentioned and there is sizable manufacturing there especially in South Africa. What's happening to Ethiopia especially given their population?
Tanzania is also quiet stable and peaceful, they should at least have lots of these investments and be amongst top three in FDI.
Signs? Which signs again?
If you look at ethio and Tz let's say 10 to 15 years back,they had almost zero manufacturing. In Tz we were getting almost all products from kenya,SA,or China.
But now,Alot more have changed,these are signs. Even when we check on our current Fdi figures,manufacturing have attracted more monies than mining for the first time. In latest figures,we have over 2b probably poured in manufacturing out of 4b in total Fdi for the past 12 monthsThese figures are not yet punlished .So all signs are there. I think we should try to look at the things to come rather than on past history. If we base on a historical figures,no one in africa will ever overpass S.A. in manufacturing.But in real sense,SA has a huge hurdles to overcome for her to remain where it is now.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 10:19pm On Oct 11, 2022
samorobo:

Lol you are quoting 2019 ,he is quoting recent update. I think we got massive supply of tractor from Brazil in 2020(post covid) and that surged the numbers.

You are just ignorant and stupid .

Nothing has changed in Nigeria since 2019. Maybe just the poverty rates and inflation but Nigeria of 2019 was a better zoo than today.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2022
GeneralDae:

You want absolute numbers? Are you okay in your head? What would that prove? tongue
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 10:23pm On Oct 11, 2022
gallivant:

Nobody cares. smiley

You cared enough to even mention Avocado which we export insignificant amounts, it's not a priority crop

When talking FOOD exports avocado is insignificant that it's never part of the convo
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2022
gallivant:

What are you doing to fix the balance in trade? Do you think Jack Feng can help?

Yes jack feng will help.Is a communist just like us.Actually as we speak,he is erecting Africa's biggest glass factory in Tanzania.

Anyway,you love history. I see u stopped on 2016. That is when things have started to go in opposite directions
https://www.thecitizen.co.tz/tanzania/news/national/tanzania-topples-south-africa-as-kenya-s-top-source-of-imports-in-africa-3811708

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2022
Kazikazi:
Signs? Which signs again?
If you look at ethio and Tz let's say 10 to 15 years back,they had almost zero manufacturing. In Tz we were getting almost all products from kenya,SA,or China.
But now,Alot more have changed,these are signs. Even when we check on our current Fdi figures,manufacturing have attracted more monies than mining for the first time. In latest figures,we have over 2b probably poured in manufacturing out of 4b in total Fdi for the past 12 monthsThese figures are not yet punlished .So all signs are there. I think we should try to look at the things to come rather than on past history. If we base on a historical figures,no one in africa will ever overpass S.A. in manufacturing.But in real sense,SA has a huge hurdles to overcome for her to remain where it is now.
I asked you those questions because I believe your criterias on what should make an African country a top manufacturer of finished goods in Africa were not sufficient.
Many countries in Africa have also improved in their manufacturing from 15 to 20 years ago. To show us that your theory works, show me a graph or statistics that compares the growth of Ethiopia and Tanzania to that of other African countries. Then we can compare and say Ethiopia and Tanzania received more attention from our white Daddies.

Also while I agree we need the white Daddies for manufacturing, africans from abroad can also bring investments and africans on ground are smart too, if we can tweak/improve drastically the education system of the africans on ground.

The African countries with the best and most probably unconventional educational system should give us a more accurate picture on this trend of the future top manufacturers in Africa.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2022
At Midnight...
President Ruto.
Just finished the final meeting at Harambee House....

In 5yrs Kazikazi and the lazy bones will be thinking what hell happened

Goodnight

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2022
AfriqueDuZuid:

You cared enough to even mention Avocado which we export insignificant amounts, it's not a priority crop

When talking FOOD exports avocado is insignificant that it's never part of the convo

You thought Kenya only exports tea and coffee. Now, you are left holding your balls in your hand wondering where you went wrong....

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 10:36pm On Oct 11, 2022
Kazikazi:
Yes jack feng will help.Is a communist just like us.Actually as we speak,he is erecting Africa's biggest glass factory in Tanzania.

Anyway,you love history. I see u stopped on 2016. That is when things have started to go in opposite directions
https://www.thecitizen.co.tz/tanzania/news/national/tanzania-topples-south-africa-as-kenya-s-top-source-of-imports-in-africa-3811708

I don't need to argue with you.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2022
gallivant:

You thought Kenya only exports tea and coffee. Now, you are left holding your balls in your hand wondering where you went wrong....

I said over 90% of your agri exports is tea, coffee and flowers and I'm still correct
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 10:49pm On Oct 11, 2022
AfriqueDuZuid:

I said over 90% of your agri exports is tea, coffee and flowers and I'm still correct

Keep crying, until you feel better. Then log off. wink
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 11:47pm On Oct 11, 2022
rvp2018:
i live where one avacado is almost 3 dollars...that is half sack of your cereals
the exporter gets only 30% of it and the retail gets the rest plus transport.

I think we all know cereal cost more, 300% more
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ProblemChild1: 11:50pm On Oct 11, 2022
Victoria Island at night

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 11:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
rvp2018:
Only ghana is desperate now - imf mission left ghana last week - your country future depend on them
Are you referring to the same Ghana that decided it didn't need it and is dragging it feet at negotiation?

Kenya needs it more hence the double subscription.
Without it there won't be a Kenya.

If Ghana needed 3 billion, it could simply have gotten it

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ProblemChild1: 11:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
Lagos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) ... (2510) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.