Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,416 members, 7,888,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:34 AM

Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? (2693 Views)

Bukola Saraki Inspects Federal Projects In His Senatorial District / Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) / Ongoing FG Road Projects In The South-East In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by Stingman: 9:58am On Sep 04, 2016
Continuing from the article "Injustice:why Are They No Rail Projects In South East?",

I want to seek public opinion, on why major federal government projects in SE are by public private partnership while those of other regions are done all by the federal government. For example, in SW, Lagos third Mainland bridge was constructed and repaired by the federal government, Lagos- Ibadan express road is being handled by the federal government with a N50billion budget, Oyo-Ibadan road is undergoing repairs, in the north, the Ilorin-Jebba road is undergoing repair, as well as Kaduna to Maiduguri road...and other road and bridge projects...

In SE, the 2nd Onitsha bridge is being expanded under PPP, and the terrible Enugu-Onitsha roads is being considered to be repaired under PPP with a Chinese firm...

Mind you this type of depravity was not corrected under by GEJ either...and also note that these has nothing to do with leaders of SE, as I'm referring the federal projects and not state issues...

The questions are:

1. Is SE Nigeria not part of Nigeria?

2. Why do successive goverment treat the SE like a leper colony?

3. Is there a hidden/secret document given to any Nigeria president, not to touch the SE territory?

4. Does the secret document, say that the SE and affected Igbo people from parts of Rivers, Delta, Benue, Cross River will merge and form a new nation, so no need to develop the SE like other regions...Or if the government must assist, the SE people most pay part of the projects?

5. An exception seems to be the Enugu AIA airport built by GEJ and Stella Oduah... but people have seen how GEJ and Stella have become some of the most hated Nigerians...for giving the SE international airport (though work in progress)

6. Would people still accuse the youths of the Nigeria for migrating to other zones or for wanting their own nation state?

Please no insults...Can we put our minds to these...as what is happening is not coincidence...

12 Likes

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by EpicMaurice(m): 10:09am On Sep 04, 2016
Zombies, afonjas..... E don ready. Come and talk your rubbish.

We dey ready for una

11 Likes

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by ozoebuka1(m): 10:41am On Sep 04, 2016
lol....! what to do?
Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by babyfaceafrica: 10:50am On Sep 04, 2016
Is that all you can come up with?....good morning
Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by wawaboy1(m): 10:50am On Sep 04, 2016
I have thought about this too, this is not fair at all. I blame our senators and house of reps.
While others are defending their regions our people are busy fighting over personal appointments.
That is to show that they are there for their own personal pockets. PDP started it, now APC is doing same.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by ificatchmodeh: 10:51am On Sep 04, 2016
...ok
Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by Stingman: 10:55am On Sep 04, 2016
babyfaceafrica:

Is this all you can contribute...? or are you dumbstruck? You can do more than this...

5 Likes

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by Stingman: 10:56am On Sep 04, 2016
wawaboy1:
I have thought about this too, this is not fair at all. I blame our senators and house of reps.
While others are defending their regions our people are busy fighting over personal appointments.
That is to show that they are there for their own personal pockets. PDP started it, now APC is doing same.

...as stated...leave the senators and SE leaders on this. Do you know how many times the leaders have visited, the serving presidents to develop SE? For goods to get to the north from Nnewi and Onitsha axis it must pass through the Enugu-Onitsha road..and for goods to get to the Western part if must pas through the Onitsha...don't you see that the projects are strategic..yet the federal government will not do them...I strongly believe a script is acted behind the scene.

So far I have not seen any tangible response...to the post..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by amliftedhigher: 11:03am On Sep 04, 2016
One day all this marginalization will end and south east will take their God given place in the world map

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by phrenology: 11:07am On Sep 04, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
I have been following your posts on anything relating to the SE and virtuperous comments made therein. If you have nothing meaningful as to the topic you should kindly spectate and let others who can do the talking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by Yyeske(m): 11:15am On Sep 04, 2016
OP, why complaining now? The second niger bridge was awarded by GEJ on a PPP basis and to be tolled for years and you guys were hailing him, Enugu - Onitsha express was not even touched and you're not grateful the present government is trying to do something about it. Did you even mention enugu airport, a so called international airport that its runway is always flooded whenever it rains, an airport where save for Ethiopian airlines lands, no other international airline lands there. Nigerians complained about that same airport Stella renovated but you guys came out on all cylinders shielding her as 'our daughter our sister'. When PMB was elected, that was the first thing Ohaneze took to the president. Go siddon abeg

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by Princesaha: 11:22am On Sep 04, 2016
Well, lets be candid here. The south east is heavily marginalized not only from this government but other past ones. Anytime i see the Easterners and some southern people calling for disintegration, i do not blame them at all. Some Eastern leaders i know have tried their best to change this abnormality but all failed. It is glaringly obvious that it is a planned and well documented script to punish them for the civil war loss.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by Stingman: 11:45am On Sep 04, 2016
Yyeske:
OP, why complaining now? The second niger bridge was awarded by GEJ on a PPP basis and to be tolled for years and you guys were hailing him, Enugu - Onitsha express was not even touched and you're not grateful the present government is trying to do something about it. Did you even mention enugu airport, a so called international airport that its runway is always flooded whenever it rains, an airport where save for Ethiopian airlines lands, no other international airline lands there. Nigerians complained about that same airport Stella renovated but you guys came out on all cylinders shielding her as 'our daughter our sister'. When PMB was elected, that was the first thing Ohaneze took to the president. Go siddon abeg

You have issue with comprehension..You may wish to read the post again...and see where I stated that even GEJ didn't change the perception...Why would we be happy if this present government want to do something about the Enugu-Onitsha road..? Is SE not part of Nigeria...Must the people of the region do anything special to get the federal government to play its part...?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by Stingman: 11:56am On Sep 04, 2016
Princesaha:
Well, lets be candid here. The south east is heavily marginalized not only from this government but other past ones. Anytime i see the Easterners and some southern people calling for disintegration, i do not blame them at all. Some Eastern leaders i know have tried their best to change this abnormality but all failed. It is glaringly obvious that it is a planned and well documented script to punish them for the civil war loss.

Most plausible...

3 Likes

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by Nkem4040: 11:58am On Sep 04, 2016
Afonjas will see nothing wrong with it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by Nkem4040: 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2016
Yyeske:
[s]OP, why complaining now? The second niger bridge was awarded by GEJ on a PPP basis and to be tolled for years and you guys were hailing him, Enugu - Onitsha express was not even touched and you're not grateful the present government is trying to do something about it. Did you even mention enugu airport, a so called international airport that its runway is always flooded whenever it rains, an airport where save for Ethiopian airlines lands, no other international airline lands there. Nigerians complained about that same airport Stella renovated but you guys came out on all cylinders shielding her as 'our daughter our sister'. When PMB was elected, that was the first thing Ohaneze took to the president. Go siddon abe[/s]g

Typical afonja hogwash...you cannot reason with them!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by SlayerSupreme: 12:10pm On Sep 04, 2016
It is a pity we're being treated this way. covert structural marginalization has been suffered upon the east since 1970,46 years running....one day it will be over but people will pay first.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by babyfaceafrica: 12:26pm On Sep 04, 2016
phrenology:

I have been following your posts on anything relating to the SE and virtuperous comments made therein. If you have nothing meaningful as to the topic you should kindly spectate and let others who can do the talking.
this is super story

1 Like

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by babyfaceafrica: 12:27pm On Sep 04, 2016
Stingman:

Is this all you can contribute...? or are you dumbstruck? You can do more than this...
story....what have you done for your country?
Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by rabex123(m): 12:33pm On Sep 04, 2016
@op
You have succeeded in spreading wrong notions..
Its your opinion sha..but try and do some research before posting anything you will be surprised to know how misguided you are with your opinion.
Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by hundredhundred: 1:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
Nkem4040:
Afonjas will see nothing wrong with it.

You are always barking like a frustrated dog on every thread screaming Yoruba as if they are responsible for your misfortune and poverty rocking your life. You should hold your parent responsible and leave the Yorubas alone. Dont you have shame?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by Stingman: 1:21pm On Sep 04, 2016
rabex123:
@op
You have succeeded in spreading wrong notions..
Its your opinion sha..but try and do some research before posting anything you will be surprised to know how misguided you are with your opinion.

Misguided? When I have given few examples...This post is open to honest discourse, so show us a bit of the research you have made. So far you are empty and utterly misguided...

2 Likes

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by Stingman: 1:25pm On Sep 04, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
story....what have you done for your country?

Most of you have real comprehension issue...The topic is not about what we have done for the country, but why the central government is not favorable in developing all regions in equal measures. You can open a new trade on what you have done for you country and people will contribute based on that...So far you have nothing state for the reason the fraud Nigerian government is unjust...and at the same time want those maltreated not to cry of marginalization or they invite their soldiers to shoot unarmed protesters...

3 Likes

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by Dainfamous: 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2016
So op it never occur to you before
Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by babyfaceafrica: 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2016
Stingman:

Most of you have real comprehension issue...The topic is not about what we have done for the country, but why the central government is not favorable in developing all regions in equal measures. You can open a new trade on what you have done for you country and people will contribute based on that...So far you have nothing state for the reason the fraud Nigerian government is unjust...and at the same time want those maltreated not to cry of marginalization or they invite their soldiers to shoot unarmed protesters...
still story....are you the only one marginalized?...do you know how many ethnic groups we have in this country,why are they not complaining...must itbe only igbo,yoruba and hausa?...are they the only ones in Nigeria? The country has been unfair to other tribes to...I don't see them making noise..a

1 Like

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by Stingman: 1:37pm On Sep 04, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
still story....are you the only one marginalized?...do you know how many ethnic groups we have in this country,why are they not complaining...must itbe only igbo,yoruba and hausa?...are they the only ones in Nigeria? The country has been unfair to other tribes to...I don't see them making noise..a

Thanks for your reply. Now mention one project in your region under any form of PPP. Let's start from there...

3 Likes

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by Emekamex(m): 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2016
The earlier the SE becomes independent on FG, the better for us all. It is now clear that the FG will never give a fu(c)k about our region and people.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by babyfaceafrica: 1:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
Stingman:

Thanks for your reply. Now mention one project in your region under any form of PPP. Let's start from there...
why did you change the headline of the topic?
Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by kettle84(m): 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Igbo,Hausa and Yoruba are the major tribes in Nigeria and majorly occupy the Southeast, southwest and North of Nigeria. They can be found in significant number in all parts of Nigeria. The question is about region not tribe. Why is the federal government marginalizing the southeastern part of Nigeria since the end of the civil war,is there a hidden script that every President should marginize the southeastern part of the federation?

7 Likes

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by tinsel: 1:59pm On Sep 04, 2016
Stingman:

You have issue with comprehension..You may wish to read the post again...and see where I stated that even GEJ didn't change the perception...Why would we be happy if this present government want to do something about the Enugu-Onitsha road..? Is SE not part of Nigeria...Must the people of the region do anything special to get the federal government to play its part...?
You also gave yourself out by hailing Jonathan and Oduah for the nonsense called international airport they did in Enugu. You are merely playing politics. A bad one indeed.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by Yyeske(m): 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2016
Stingman:

GEJ did nothing about it so why much expectation now? Same GEJ you foolishly wanted back. Abeg leave to do his thing, next time you guys should know politics is about priority and not sentiments

2 Likes

Re: Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? by Yyeske(m): 2:02pm On Sep 04, 2016
Nkem4040:

Typical afonja hogwash...you cannot reason with them!
You hate the truth but deal with it alone

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please, I Need To Know The Name Of This Drug. It's Very Urgent / Atiku Abubakar Tours Adamawa State Bags Wazirin Adamawa Title. / Remembering Brave Ohamadike Before His Fall And Escape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.