Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,847 members, 7,889,845 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:25 PM

The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long (1915 Views)

Dumped After Blood Oath, Abortions & 9 Years Of Dating. Advice Needed / Do You Have A Breakup Plan? When You’re Dating Someone. / 15 Pictures Every Nigerian Who Has Been Single Too Long Will Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Rapmoney(m): 12:45pm On Sep 04, 2016
I grew up with this notion that partners who have dated/courted for a very long time have greater possibility of building stronger relationships. As the years roll by, I'm beginning to see things differently. Dating someone for years without concrete marriage plans is to me, utterly useless! It's even a hopeless case when cohabiting is involved.

It's not a bad idea spending time to study someone as you date him/her; it's necessary, yet, it must not necessarily take you years to also know if both of you are fit to tie the knot together or not. Staying in a relationship for years, in the absence of marriage, with that irrelevant idea that you are studying the other person means two things - it's either you are deceiving yourself or deceiving the other person. It's just like a man who builds a house halfway and leaves it for years, telling everyone that he would want the rains to come on it to make the blocks stronger...even when it's clear that he doesn't possess the resources to make it a completed house.

I personally don't buy the idea of women staying for years in relationships with the hope that the guy has promised to marry them. The question should be: What is he waiting for after all these years? Is he still studying you? Sister, you are neither a book nor a university course!!! Is he waiting to be financially stable first? If that's the case, that's when you come in. If you discover the guy is all you want in a life partner, both in appearance, character and educational achievements, you can assist him by putting heads together to make it happen. It's useless waiting for the guy to become financially buoyant; what if after 5/6 years, he's still not buoyant? Will you walk out of the affair? Successful women assist in building their homes, they don't wait for it to be built cool

It's the ability to accept the other person's flaws in a relationship that sustains the relationship, even into marriage; it's not by many years of dating/courtship.

I know young women who have told me openly in the past that I didn't know what I wanted; yeah, because I left them so early into the supposed affairs before they could get hurt emotionally. I used foresight and not hindsight. I never wanted to waste their time!

There's a particular age and stage we get to in life where we need to leave rigmarole and up-and-down relationships for teenagers! Know what you want and sustain it; if you are not ready, work on yourself and your life and stop wasting your time and that of other people!!!

Good afternoon and Happy Sunday to everyone!

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by kingsilly(m): 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2016
I was here
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by dollyjoy(f): 12:48pm On Sep 04, 2016
Very insightful Thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Rapmoney(m): 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
dollyjoy:
Very insightful Thread.
Thanks, madam.
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Rapmoney(m): 12:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
kingsilly:
I was here
Long time no see cool
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
cheesy

There's nothing wrong of having a long term relationships... Some are not ready financially, some don't have their own house yet, some are jobless ...

So, why rush of getting married when u both unstable? I think , I am OK with this as long there's no Cheating wink

1 Like

Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 04, 2016
I concur.

1 Like

Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Romancer(m): 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2016
TrapQueen77:
cheesy

There's nothing wrong of having a long term relationships... Some are not ready financially, some don't have their own house yet, some are jobless ...

So, why rush of getting married when u both unstable? I think , I am OK with this as long there's no Cheating wink

Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by UndisputedBosom(m): 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2016
Very lengthy....but informative as well though i stopped half way cheesy
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by ojun50(m): 1:01pm On Sep 04, 2016
Op na yr own u they talk
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 04, 2016
[quote author=Romancer post=49063088][/quote

Who? ME? u call me a guy? angry

Nawa for u... I'm a female... Ask smellinganus he can testify on tat grin
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Rapmoney(m): 1:02pm On Sep 04, 2016
TrapQueen77:
cheesy

What should be the priority of a jobless man? Is it not to get a job first? Any jobless man who places relationship above getting a job is foolish. If you are not ready, why delve into something you are not ready to push up to another stage?

In the end, everythings comes to emotional wreckage!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by cruzita(f): 1:02pm On Sep 04, 2016
everything has its advantage and disadvantage

long relationship has its benefit and also its danger likewise short one but the main thing is to know where your relationship is heading to
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Romancer(m): 1:05pm On Sep 04, 2016
[quote author=TrapQueen77 post=49063204][/quote]i know... E juss b sey na every thread i dey see u 4 this section
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 1:05pm On Sep 04, 2016
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Rapmoney(m): 1:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
cruzita:
everything has its advantage and disadvantage

long relationship has its benefit and also its danger likewise short one but the main thing is to know where your relationship is heading to
If there's no concrete reason why long term partners in a relationship are not married, it means the affair is probably heading no where.
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by McBrooklyn(m): 1:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
OP, what about the uselessness of fûcking one chick for too long?? angry
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Rapmoney(m): 1:08pm On Sep 04, 2016
WHIZKIDEFE:
Nice one.
Thanks, man.
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Rapmoney(m): 1:09pm On Sep 04, 2016
Rocktation.
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Rapmoney(m): 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2016
McBrooklyn:
OP, what about the uselessness of fûcking one chick for too long?? angry
If you search the Sexuality Section, you might find a thread that covers that aspect!
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2016
Rapmoney:
What should be the priority of a jobless man? Is it not to get a job first? Any jobless man who places relationship above getting a job is foolish. If you are not ready, why delve into something you are not ready to push up to another stage?

In the end, everythings comes to emotional wreckage!

OK... But my question is... If u have a job, Is ur salary enough to support ur family?

How many of us Here have a salary of 500,000naira and above monthly?

Doesn't mean if u dont have a job, u don't have a house, u are not allowed to be in relationship... That is why so many are in relationships they are not yet married coz they are not financially stable... They don't want to make their families suffered...
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2016
Romancer:
i know... E juss b sey na every thread i dey see u 4 this section

U will surely see me in every romance sextion... So deal with it cool
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by utenwuson: 1:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
clock
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by lola024(f): 1:19pm On Sep 04, 2016
I don't think so
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Rapmoney(m): 1:20pm On Sep 04, 2016
TrapQueen77:

OK... But my question is... If u have a job, Is ur salary enough to support ur family?

How many of us Here have a salary of 500,000naira and above monthly?

Doesn't mean if u dont have a job, u don't have a house, u are not allowed to be in relationship... That is why so many are in relationships they are not yet married coz they are not financially stable... They don't want to make their families suffered...
I blinked my eyes many times before I could clearly see that u wrote 500k up there! 500k monthly? So u expect a man to start earning close to 500k monthly before he gets married? This attitude is among the reasons why so many women out there waste years in their life till they approach menopause!
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by McBrooklyn(m): 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2016
Rapmoney:
If you search the Sexuality Section, you might find a thread that covers that aspect!

L-O-L grin grin

Bruh, how far you now?? I'm just kidding now abi someone cannot play with you again?? angry
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Rapmoney(m): 1:25pm On Sep 04, 2016
McBrooklyn:

L-O-L grin grin

Bruh, how far you now?? I'm just kidding now abi someone cannot play with you again?? angry
No shaking! Na my style...u be my guy too nah grin
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by honeygirl17: 1:34pm On Sep 04, 2016
I nor fit read abeg, him heart still dey intact or she break am
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by Rapmoney(m): 1:37pm On Sep 04, 2016
honeygirl17:
I nor fit read abeg, him heart still dey intact or she break am
I guess u read it upside down.
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by eph12(m): 1:39pm On Sep 04, 2016
It makes no sense really to date someone for a long time without marriage in sight
Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by McBrooklyn(m): 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2016
Rapmoney:
No shaking! Na my style...u be my guy too nah grin

L-O-L grin grin

Oya chop knuckle!!! We gather dey this land now cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Uselessness Of Dating Someone For Too Long by honeygirl17: 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2016
Rapmoney:
I guess u read it upside down.
I wanted to edit after reading.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It A "Must" To Kneel Down When Proposing To A Lady ???? / Our Nigerian Girls Gat Low Sense Of Humor Walahi! / Nigerian Couple Set Social Media On Fire With Their Hot Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.