Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,670 members, 7,892,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:05 PM

The Benefits Of Blood Donation - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Benefits Of Blood Donation (574 Views)

My Blood Donation Experience / A Touching, Unnecessary Sacrifice.(voluntary BLOOD DONATION) / Great Benefits Of Blood Donation(check It Out) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Benefits Of Blood Donation by magabounce(m): 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2016
I would like to implore all of us to @ least 1c in a while, donate blood.
By donating blood the iron stores in the body are maintained at healthy levels. And the reduction in iron levels in the body is linked with low cancer risk. Blood donation is beneficial in reducing risk of heart and liver ailments caused by iron overload in the body.
I neither work for dem nor have affiliation wf dem. Am just a donor.
While there 2day, 2 parents walked in with medical reports of their kids in d hospital all teary eyed, to access blood. they were able to give to 1 mother, but didn't have the blood type for d other mother. She burst in2 tears, as NBTS as her last resort. Awz due to donate sumtym last week, and incidentally, d blood type she needed was A+ and I happen to be A+. Jst maybe, if I had come last week, that mum would have had some hope.
I couldn't help buh think wot would become of dat little girl and her mom!!
Personally, it's my 11th time of donating,
every well meaning Nigerian shouldn't wait till when there's an emergency to donate.
If u stay around town in Abuja, their office is at Zone 3.
Mods, kindly do the needful.
Thank you

Re: The Benefits Of Blood Donation by moral24(f): 8:07am On Sep 06, 2016
this is one of the thing I don't think I can do...I will rather give some dollars

(1) (Reply)

Natural Sweeteners: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly / How To Lose Weight After Pregnancy / Great Benefits Of Buchu Detox Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.