Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,700 members, 7,905,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 02:27 PM

Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity (13704 Views)

Is Virginity Due To Lack Of Opportunity? / If Virginity Is The Pride Of A Lady, What Is A Guy's Pride? / Virginity Is Not Dignity,it Is Just Lack Of Opportunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity by GL(f): 1:48pm On Dec 31, 2009
H2O2:

how exactly would you explain this highly lauded, spiritual state of mind that is always salvagable irrespective of the condition of one's physical virginity (or lack of)?

i have trouble wrapping my mind around the concept that fornicators et al, who are actively engaging in premarital coitus would somehow still be able to retain that staate of sexual purity

basically the idea is that God doesn't bother with ur past once u repent. and that He judges the heart not physical appearance. so u kinda have a clean slate and have to keep ur mind free from lustful thoughts afterwords. so obviously u can't be actively engaging in premarital sex. like i said b4, it's not easy for anyone, virgin or not, to always have a pure mind,
Re: Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity by H2O2: 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2009
GL:

basically the idea is that God doesn't bother with your past once u repent. and that He judges the heart not physical appearance. so u kinda have a clean slate and have to keep your mind free from lustful thoughts afterwords. so obviously u can't be actively engaging in premarital sex. like i said b4, it's not easy for anyone, virgin or not, to always have a pure mind,
hah i get what you mean now, thanks. i think it's a coward's way out though. triflers would use it as a safety blanket or a consolatory justification for sinning while they continue sexing their sorrows into oblivion, and later repent at the nick of time before marriage. once married, sexual pureness of the mind would be somewhat irrelevant because marital sex is perfectly normal. grin
Re: Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity by H2O2: 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2009
it's the heart of the night here so i must foka to bed
i'll read/respond to your reply (if any) when the beautiful Lord wakes me .

goodnight !
Re: Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity by ravenzord(m): 2:33pm On Dec 31, 2009
First off,virginity is a state of the mind,if you've not had sex with anyone but keep thinking of it,then you're not a virgin.
Second of all,having sex is not necessarily something to be proud of,neither is it something to be ashamed of,it's just something you've done. If you're still a virgin then it's for one reason or the other;either for religious reasons,or for personal moral principles,or cos you've not had the opportunity,or you're not ready to bear the consequences of pre-marital sex. If u've been able to stand by your religious/moral principles and remain a virgin,good for you,you should be proud of yourself,however you'd be very wrong if you looked at s'mun else who has had sex cos he/she isn't guided by the same principles as you,and think to yourself 'I'm better than that', it's your life,live it as you deem it fit,get married to s'mun who views life as you view it,and leave everyone else to live their lives,live and let live.
Re: Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity by kitlady02(f): 4:26pm On Dec 31, 2009
@poster, virginity is dignity n not lack of oppournity. Then lack of virginity is wat "lack of dignity n plenty of opportunity,
Pls oo we are tired of all these virginity topics. Nt wen smone feel d urge to get laid d person runs to dis place shouting virginity is dignity!
REAL VIRGIN (not technical virgin) DONT BLOW THERE TRUMPET,
Re: Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity by GL(f): 5:10pm On Dec 31, 2009
H2O2:

hah i get what you mean now, thanks. i think it's a coward's way out though. triflers would use it as a safety blanket or a consolatory justification for sinning while they continue sexing their sorrows into oblivion, and later repent at the nick of time before marriage. once married, sexual pureness of the mind would be somewhat irrelevant because marital sex is perfectly normal. grin

i agree it could be used as a safety blanket, but at least it gives everyone equal opportunities, anyway we're too obsessed with virginity anyway.

good night and Happy New Year!

ravenzord:

First off,virginity is a state of the mind,if you've not had sex with anyone but keep thinking of it,then you're not a virgin.
Second of all,having sex is not necessarily something to be proud of,neither is it something to be ashamed of,it's just something you've done. If you're still a virgin then it's for one reason or the other;either for religious reasons,or for personal moral principles,or cos you've not had the opportunity,or you're not ready to bear the consequences of pre-marital sex. If u've been able to stand by your religious/moral principles and remain a virgin,good for you,you should be proud of yourself,however you'd be very wrong if you looked at s'mun else who has had sex cos he/she isn't guided by the same principles as you,and think to yourself 'I'm better than that', it's your life,live it as you deem it fit,get married to s'mun who views life as you view it,and leave everyone else to live their lives,live and let live.

lol,
Re: Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity by H2O2: 10:07pm On Dec 31, 2009
Yeah, Happy New Year to you too.
Re: Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity by Dreamm(f): 9:58am On Jan 18, 2010
Gud 2hear. If u'r sayin d truth,it's gud. Evn if u didn't marry a virgin,she'l lv it at least u'v showd her hw trustworthy u're nd she'l feel sory 4losin hers 2d wrong persn.keep it til u c d girl.I so much love reservd beings (girls nd guyz)nd nt sluts who waste their life thinkin their smart.wen u'r reservd 4ur spouse only,u'r alwyz proud inwardly,alwyz focus nd it helps 2uplift 1 spiritualy.
Re: Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 28, 2010
lmao grin grin ; grin grin grin grin grin grin grin orisirisi ni nairaland
Re: Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity by rarepearl1(f): 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2012
Virginity is by d grace of God not by might,is not by might that any1 shuld boost.
Re: Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity by dlight1(m): 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2012
jmoore: I am 24 and still a virgin. it pays to remain a virgin till you get married. It applies to both sexes. I am a man and I am keeping it!
good to know we still have men with such conviction, whether the society still reckons with it or not it still remain a thing of pride, dignity and honour. It's just unfortunate civilization is fast making us to lose our core values which are of great price.
Re: Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity by kidaberry(f): 9:20pm On Mar 03, 2013
We simply dump our gold in a trash can. S'e'x goes beyond that it involves a transfer of spirits and it ties u 2 ur partner. After playing around and u get married u will never b satisfied wit ur husband cus u r attached to many others. 4 HOW LONG WILL U CONTINUE TO OPEN UR LEGS,(WISE UP VIRGINS)
Re: Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity by OkaforGeorge(m): 1:44pm On May 28, 2017
VIRGINITY 101: VIRGINITY THE PRIDE OF WOMANHOOD NOT LACK OF OPPORTUNITY

http://www.johnkingsblog.com/2017/05/virginity-101-virginity-pride-of-womanhood.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Never Trust A Woman Who Has Had $EX With..... / "I Made Them Thirsty In Church" - Lady (photos) / The Ultimate Bad Girl Guide! (girls Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.