Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,636 members, 7,930,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 11:52 AM

America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 (1577 Views)

Fashola,Lai At NRIC Meeting Presided By Buhari+Details Of Wat Was Discussed(Pics / The BBOG Movement In The Days Of GEJ And Buhari Compared Pics / GEJ Achievements COMPARED With Ebonyi State Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by bilms(m): 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2009
i think we should start comparing it this way to see if nigeria as achieved aNYTHING YET,

UK AT 49?

GERMANY @ 49
Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by chosen04(f): 10:57am On Oct 07, 2009
At even 20 yrs all these countries had defined directions and knew what they wanted out of life.

1 Like

Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by bilms(m): 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2012
hum
Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by joeyfire(m): 6:34pm On Jul 27, 2012
America in one year of existence had chased out the british, had united as a nation to draft a consitution that reflected their desires for statehood which stands till today. Constitution sef we never get real one

1 Like

Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by jayjam(m): 7:06pm On Jul 27, 2012
In the year 1776 amerigo as it was called then got their independence from GB it then took them 139years(1935)to build their first airmotor,but,now they lead the world and GB could only settle for the 6th position.we had only gotten ours over 50years ago from this same never do well british,the question is'wat gave u this pessimistic feelings that we cannot topple them in the next 30years to come,putting into cognizance that they delibrately put us in this precarious situation.PRAY 4 NIGERIA
Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by Otutu1(m): 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2012
U guys keep deceiving ur selves with this same excuse, they didn't turn 49 in the same era, can u compare d accomplishments of your grandad at 30 to yourself at the same age? We have/had everything to make this country great from the go but refuse to realize that if we are waiting for 200 years plus to be developed maybe all our resources giving us mouth in the international community would have been depleted or even finished. Even electricity we no get meanwhile I dey Ghana dey enjoy light for 3 years non stop and we are both 50 years old. I weep for my nation cry cry

1 Like

Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by 1025: 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2012
@poster,
can u compare compare ur great grand father who did not see computer and urself at 30 and call urself an achiever. sometimes we refuse to think with our brains rather we choose our nose for thinking.
you are promoting failures.
why not compare urself with ghana that is close to u. ghana is just a year older than nigeria.can u see how far they have gone in their lives?
a president of ghana was sick and died in his country.how many local govt chairmen in nigeria will go to a hospital here for headache?
is typing on ur system the same thing with copy and paste?
americans are typing while nigerians are copying and pasting.
with the history u know about america, did u see any obasanjo, bode george, alamesieya, bankole, patience jonathan and a long list of uncountable criminals in our lineage?
if u like, give nigeria 8,000 years as long as these criminals are in charge, nothing will change here. a fool at 50 is a born fool.

3 Likes

Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by TechRev: 11:58pm On Jul 27, 2012
1025: @poster,
can u compare compare ur great grand father who did not see computer and urself at 30 and call urself an achiever. sometimes we refuse to think with our brains rather we choose our nose for thinking.
why not compare urself with ghana that is close to u. ghana is just a year older than nigeria.can u see how far they have gone in their lives?
a president of ghana was sick and died in his country.how many local govt chairmen in nigeria will go to a hospital here for headache?

with the history u know about america, did u see any obasanjo, bode george, alamesieya, bankole, patience jonathan and a long list of uncountable criminals in our lineage?
if u like, give nigeria 8,000 years as long as these criminals are in charge, nothing will change here. a fool at 50 is a born fool.

+1000% I tell you nigeria has serious structural defect.
@ the bolded you have said it all, and it goes to show our problems is bad leadersand bad followers.

You harsh for the copy and paste part shaa but its TRUE.
Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by tollu: 12:31am On Jul 28, 2012
Otutu1: U guys keep deceiving ur selves with this same excuse, they didn't turn 49 in the same era, can u compare d accomplishments of your grandad at 30 to yourself at the same age? We have/had everything to make this country great from the go but refuse to realize that if we are waiting for 200 years plus to be developed maybe all our resources giving us mouth in the international community would have been depleted or even finished. Even electricity we no get meanwhile I dey Ghana dey enjoy light for 3 years non stop and we are both 50 years old. I weep for my nation cry cry

Wa she ire o jare!
Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by bilms(m): 8:23am On Jul 28, 2012
lol.
Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by RickyRoss1(m): 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2012
Otutu1: U guys keep deceiving ur selves with this same excuse, they didn't turn 49 in the same era, can u compare d accomplishments of your grandad at 30 to yourself at the same age? We have/had everything to make this country great from the go but refuse to realize that if we are waiting for 200 years plus to be developed maybe all our resources giving us mouth in the international community would have been depleted or even finished. Even electricity we no get meanwhile I dey Ghana dey enjoy light for 3 years non stop and we are both 50 years old. I weep for my nation cry cry

STOP THE LIES MY BROTHER, ARE YOU SAYING YOU HAVE ENJOYED 3 YEARS UNINTERRUPTED ELECTRICITY IN GHANA GIVE ME YOUR NUMBER MAKE I CALL YOU IF YOU DONT MIND? I AM IN GHANA RIGHT NOW WITH MY FAMILY, MAYBE YOU ARE IN A DIFFERENT PART OF THE COUNTRY?? I HAVE BUSINESSES HERE AND MY FIRST SON WAS BORN HERE AND MY WIFE IS FROM HERE, THERE IS NO REGION IN GHANA THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN TO. GHANA DOES NOT HAVE STEADY ELECTRICITY, ELECTRICITY GOES ON AND OFF IN GHANA LIKE NIGERIA, BUT ON AVERAGE ELECTRICITY LASTS LONGER IN GHANA THAN NIGERIA. SINCE I STARTED COMING HERE OVER 5 YEARS AGO, I HAVE NEVER ENJOYED ELECTRICITY FOR 7 DAYS WITHOUT THE LIGHT GOING OFF, SO TELL ME WHEN OR HOW YOU ENJOYED 3 YRS NON STOP ELECTRICITY?

I DONT KNOW WHAT SOME NIGERIANS GAIN FROM LYING IT IS THESE STUPID LIES THAT KEEPS BRINGING NIGERIANS TO GHANA, ONCE THEY LAND HERE THEY START REGRETTING BEFORE I EVER VISITED GHANA THE SAME NIGERIAN PRESS CLAIMED THAT GHANA CELEBRATED 10 YEARS UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY, BUT SAME DAY I LANDED IN GHANA THERE WAS BLACK OUT THAT LASTED 2 DAYS. I THOUGHT IT WAS A JOKE. YESTERDAY I WAS IN A BARBERS SHOP AND THE LIGHT WENT OFF. THIS YEAR THERE HAS BEEN TOTAL BLACK OUT IN GHANA FOR 2 TIMES. TOTAL BLACKOUT MEANS THERE WAS POWER CUT IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY AT THE SAME TIME, SAME THING HAPPENED LAST YEAR BUT I DIDN'T COME TO GHANA LAST YEAR. THE BEST THING TO SAY IS, GHANA HAS BETTER ELECTRICITY SUPPLY THAN NIGERIA. COMING TO THE INTERNET TO SAY GHANA HAS STEADY POWER SUPPLY IS TOTALLY WRONG.

1 Like

Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2012
@ OP, understand this: US attained independence in a pre-industrial age, when the primary means of wealth creation was from the use of land and slaves for agriculture, before the Industrial Revolution of the 19th century that transformed the way nations grew. Nigeria inhabits a globalised world where interchange of goods and ideas means that growth and development can take place at an unprecedented rate, but we haven't taken advantage of this primarily because of our refusal to move beyond dependence on economic rent from crude oil. Check out the growth of China in the last 30 years for inference.

So we shouldn't seek to compare ourselves with the US or UK. Let's look at developing countries in Asia that obtained independence at around the same time we did, like Indonesia (1945), India and Pakistan (1947), Malaysia and Singapore (1965). Then you'll recognize the fact that we've not been making enough progress.

We have a long way to go.
Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by SkyBlue1: 12:56pm On Aug 16, 2012

Very good poin, because if we are going to play that game then let us be FAIR. Singapore gained indepencdence in the mid 60s. Can Nigeria even come close? Just merely compare GDP per capita. It is not difficult to come up with a list of countries that gained independence in similar era to Nigeria that have far surpassed the country's pitiful achievements, but I just can't be bothered with the effort to justify this continued denial. That 'Giant of Africa' slogan gets more irritating to hear with each passing day. There is nothing respectable about empty chest beating.
Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by RickyRoss1(m): 12:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
1025: @poster,

Another BIG LIE. There is no good hospital in Ghana. All of Ghanas rich go overseas for medical treatment. I am sure you are educated with many degrees, but we have many of your type in Nigeria, all you do is say what you heard over the internet without checking the FACTS? Have you ever been to Ghana before? In what way is Ghana better than Nigeria? IS it in infrastructure or what?

The president of Ghana has been to USA 5 times this year for his cancer treatment. He died in Ghana hospital simply because he fell ill and needed urgent medical attention, and died within few hours. Ghana president just returned from USA less than 1 month before he died, he just came back from medical treatment. Just give me names of the best hospitals in Ghana and I will give you their records. KORLEBU is the best and biggest hospital in Ghana by far, it is owned by Ghana govt, but this hospital is a death trap, you cannot believe the number of people that die there daily. WHEN MY WIFE WAS CARRYING MY FIRST CHILD I WANTED HER TO DELIVER THERE BUT SHE SWORE OVER HER DEAD BODY, BY THEN I DIDN'T KNOW HOW BAD THE HOSPITAL IS.

The best doctors in Ghana migrate overseas where the pay is better just like Nigerian doctors. Before you even open your mouth and talk about hospitals in ghana you should first check the basic salary of a doctor in Ghana then you compare with Nigeria. If you want to talk about good hospitals in Africa, then talk about South Africa because they parade some of the worlds best doctors over there in SA.

I am writing from Ghana, I know Ghana inside out, my wife is from here, i am not like you lots that sit in your villages and say what you dont know. Nigeria is poor but Ghana is far much poorer, i just returned from western region of ghana where i went to buy gold, can you compare western region of ghana with western region of Nigeria? The most expensive house in this region capital is not worth 200k USD. When you travel outside of Accra laff go kill you. Its like i a foreigner visits Abuja and assume all of Nigeria is beautiful from Abuja. Outside of Accra, the rest cities of Ghana look ancient like Benin and Accra is poor city with NO world class infrastructure like Abuja. Kumasi is Ghanas second largest city, it is the Lagos state of Ghana, but this Kumasi cannot compete with any of Nigerians small cities like Owerri or Warri in anything.

EDUCATION: All schools in Ghana are overrated. My relation is studying computer science at University of Ghana and she has never done any practical, everything they do is just theory just like in Nigeria. The only reason Nigerians come to Ghana to study is because it is very easy, you dont need to write any extra exams or even JAMB, and there is no strike action, it is not the quality of their schools. I have many Ghana family friends, the rich ones send their children overseas to study, many of them are studying in poor counties like Romania, Belarus, Ukraine etc.

Let me not waste my time for nothing. Ghana is light years behind Nigeria and the Ghana citizens knows this, they learn from us, be it music, movies, business/trading etc.

I dont know what you lots gain from bringing Nigeria down. I have never seen a Ghanians bragging about Ghanas electricity, it was the Nigerian press that lied that Ghana has enjoyed 10 years uninterrupted power supply. I CAN SWEAR THE JOURNALIST THAT MADE THAT WRONG ASSUMPTIONS HAS NEVER STEPPED OUT OF THEIR VILLAGES, THEY BELIEVE IN HEAR SAY.

2 Likes

Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by RickyRoss1(m): 1:03pm On Aug 16, 2012
HNosegbe: @ OP, understand this: US attained independence in a pre-industrial age, when the primary means of wealth creation was from the use of land and slaves for agriculture, before the Industrial Revolution of the 19th century that transformed the way nations grew. Nigeria inhabits a globalised world where interchange of goods and ideas means that growth and development can take place at an unprecedented rate, but we haven't taken advantage of this primarily because of our refusal to move beyond dependence on economic rent from crude oil. Check out the growth of China in the last 30 years for inference.

So we shouldn't seek to compare ourselves with the US or UK. Let's look at developing countries in Asia that obtained independence at around the same time we did, like Indonesia (1945), India and Pakistan (1947), Malaysia and Singapore (1965). Then you'll recognize the fact that we've not been making enough progress.

We have a long way to go.

WORD +1000
Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by Rhino5dm: 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
Rhino.5dm endorsed this post. cool

Ricky_Ross:

Another BIG LIE. There is no good hospital in Ghana. All of Ghanas rich go overseas for medical treatment. I am sure you are educated with many degrees, but we have many of your type in Nigeria, all you do is say what you heard over the internet without checking the FACTS? Have you ever been to Ghana before? In what way is Ghana better than Nigeria? IS it in infrastructure or what?

The president of Ghana has been to USA 5 times this year for his cancer treatment. He died in Ghana hospital simply because he fell ill and needed urgent medical attention, and died within few hours. Ghana president just returned from USA less than 1 month before he died, he just came back from medical treatment. Just give me names of the best hospitals in Ghana and I will give you their records. KORLEBU is the best and biggest hospital in Ghana by far, it is owned by Ghana govt, but this hospital is a death trap, you cannot believe the number of people that die there daily. WHEN MY WIFE WAS CARRYING MY FIRST CHILD I WANTED HER TO DELIVER THERE BUT SHE SWORE OVER HER DEAD BODY, BY THEN I DIDN'T KNOW HOW BAD THE HOSPITAL IS.

The best doctors in Ghana migrate overseas where the pay is better just like Nigerian doctors. Before you even open your mouth and talk about hospitals in ghana you should first check the basic salary of a doctor in Ghana then you compare with Nigeria. If you want to talk about good hospitals in Africa, then talk about South Africa because they parade some of the worlds best doctors over there in SA.

I am writing from Ghana, I know Ghana inside out, my wife is from here, i am not like you lots that sit in your villages and say what you dont know. Nigeria is poor but Ghana is far much poorer, i just returned from western region of ghana where i went to buy gold, can you compare western region of ghana with western region of Nigeria? The most expensive house in this region capital is not worth 200k USD. When you travel outside of Accra laff go kill you. Its like i a foreigner visits Abuja and assume all of Nigeria is beautiful from Abuja. Outside of Accra, the rest cities of Ghana look ancient like Benin and Accra is poor city with NO world class infrastructure like Abuja. Kumasi is Ghanas second largest city, it is the Lagos state of Ghana, but this Kumasi cannot compete with any of Nigerians small cities like Owerri or Warri in anything.

EDUCATION: All schools in Ghana are overrated. My relation is studying computer science at University of Ghana and she has never done any practical, everything they do is just theory just like in Nigeria. The only reason Nigerians come to Ghana to study is because it is very easy, you dont need to write any extra exams or even JAMB, and there is no strike action, it is not the quality of their schools. I have many Ghana family friends, the rich ones send their children overseas to study, many of them are studying in poor counties like Romania, Belarus, Ukraine etc.

Let me not waste my time for nothing. Ghana is light years behind Nigeria and the Ghana citizens knows this, they learn from us, be it music, movies, business/trading etc.

I dont know what you lots gain from bringing Nigeria down. I have never seen a Ghanians bragging about Ghanas electricity, it was the Nigerian press that lied that Ghana has enjoyed 10 years uninterrupted power supply. I CAN SWEAR THE JOURNALIST THAT MADE THAT WRONG ASSUMPTIONS HAS NEVER STEPPED OUT OF THEIR VILLAGES, THEY BELIEVE IN HEAR SAY.
Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by bilms(m): 3:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
the comparison may not be actual,just compare and bring a range difference and then divide by points
Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by Otutu1(m): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

STOP THE LIES MY BROTHER, ARE YOU SAYING YOU HAVE ENJOYED 3 YEARS UNINTERRUPTED ELECTRICITY IN GHANA GIVE ME YOUR NUMBER MAKE I CALL YOU IF YOU DONT MIND? I AM IN GHANA RIGHT NOW WITH MY FAMILY, MAYBE YOU ARE IN A DIFFERENT PART OF THE COUNTRY?? I HAVE BUSINESSES HERE AND MY FIRST SON WAS BORN HERE AND MY WIFE IS FROM HERE, THERE IS NO REGION IN GHANA THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN TO. GHANA DOES NOT HAVE STEADY ELECTRICITY, ELECTRICITY GOES ON AND OFF IN GHANA LIKE NIGERIA, BUT ON AVERAGE ELECTRICITY LASTS LONGER IN GHANA THAN NIGERIA. SINCE I STARTED COMING HERE OVER 5 YEARS AGO, I HAVE NEVER ENJOYED ELECTRICITY FOR 7 DAYS WITHOUT THE LIGHT GOING OFF, SO TELL ME WHEN OR HOW YOU ENJOYED 3 YRS NON STOP ELECTRICITY?

I DONT KNOW WHAT SOME NIGERIANS GAIN FROM LYING IT IS THESE STUPID LIES THAT KEEPS BRINGING NIGERIANS TO GHANA, ONCE THEY LAND HERE THEY START REGRETTING BEFORE I EVER VISITED GHANA THE SAME NIGERIAN PRESS CLAIMED THAT GHANA CELEBRATED 10 YEARS UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY, BUT SAME DAY I LANDED IN GHANA THERE WAS BLACK OUT THAT LASTED 2 DAYS. I THOUGHT IT WAS A JOKE. YESTERDAY I WAS IN A BARBERS SHOP AND THE LIGHT WENT OFF. THIS YEAR THERE HAS BEEN TOTAL BLACK OUT IN GHANA FOR 2 TIMES. TOTAL BLACKOUT MEANS THERE WAS POWER CUT IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY AT THE SAME TIME, SAME THING HAPPENED LAST YEAR BUT I DIDN'T COME TO GHANA LAST YEAR. THE BEST THING TO SAY IS, GHANA HAS BETTER ELECTRICITY SUPPLY THAN NIGERIA. COMING TO THE INTERNET TO SAY GHANA HAS STEADY POWER SUPPLY IS TOTALLY WRONG.
im in kumasi, bantama to be exact nd ive been here for 4 years also been to accra, tema and takoradi in these years and i can tell u that the power supply ive seen is non stop by NIGERIAN standard. if u hav the money to pay u get the light
Re: America At 49, Wat Was Their Achievements Compared To Nigeria @49 by bilms(m): 5:28pm On Aug 16, 2012
hum

(1) (Reply)

Chad Basin Oil Exploration Critical To Economic Growth – Nnpc / Andy Uba Escapes Death / Legalising Prostitution In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.