Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,405 members, 7,901,114 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:03 AM

FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency (17610 Views)

IMF: Northeast Has Always Been Buhari's Priority, Says Presidency / Recall Of Suspended Judges: NJC Fires Back, Says Presidency Lied To Nigerians / Fayose Is Hopelessly Confused, Needs Prayers, Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by lielbree: 7:15pm On Sep 07, 2016
Eyepencil:

Why are rice cheaper in Northern states than south??

They buy rice between 16k to 17k in the north while a bag of rice goes for 22k to 25k upwards.

Any reason behind this please?

I don't know o
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by ATERI(m): 7:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
If you assemble 50 men in the West, 20 of them are likely to tell you that they are struggling with their sexuality, that is another way of saying they don`t know whether they are male or female. With our newly-found addiction to western food, Nigerian men would soon be the same.
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by omowolewa: 7:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
Genetically Modified Organisms solves a lot of problems by creating many.
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by eluquenson(m): 7:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
Nigeria in a deep poo, i hope this recession won't last forever cos i don't see any viable mean APC and their cohorts want to curtail it.
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by hUmaneOne: 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
Oooooh my God..ignorance anywhere..nothing wrong with GMO's oooooo.
Infact many imported fruits e.g. Apples are GMO,

1 Like

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Standing5(m): 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
Moreoffaith:
Only fools believe every news they see online... News comes out of every nook and cranny of the country this days.
Fools also fail to read in between the lines.
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Larryfest(m): 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
This govt sef,why listening to side talks if actually you are working assidiously to bring about good change to the country i mean the effort they use in debunking this allegations is enough to put things in shape if they are serious people but then again they are not...
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by qleap2all(m): 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
This #SocialMedia self is becoming Another Social Miscreants
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by opeaceo: 8:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
henrydadon:
grin

wow genetically modified rice did i read that right ?

is this some kind of rice buhari will use to control us and make us as dull as he is angry

in your world, GMO foods make someone dull??
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Jidibia(m): 8:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
lielbree:

I'm telling you the honest truth!
I was in the market yesterday, Nigerian rice 20k last!
No be lie. The one am eating here is full of stones. Na so so small small limestone full am. If u cook it, the rice keep breaking into pieces like tuwo chinkafa.
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by ChukwuIbrahim: 8:23pm On Sep 07, 2016
lielbree:
A bag of rice here in ph is 22000. Nigerian rice with stones is 20000 angry

What sort of evil change is this?
Labana rice in edo state is #16 to #17k

u guy shld cut us a slack
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by ChukwuIbrahim: 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2016
McBrooklyn:
People can lie though shocked

They said bag of rice is N20,000
that is how they'll be misleading people,
I priced it today and it was N19,990
Thank God I went to the market myself kiss

Before you start quoting me, lemme tell you this shît only happen in the latest Nollywood movie I'm watching currently cheesy cheesy
labana rice in edo state is less than #17k
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by opeaceo: 8:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
ChukwuIbrahim:

Labana rice in edo state is #16 to #17k

u guy shld cut us a slack

Don't mind them, some of them just join the bandwagon to say rice is sold for 20 - 22k, the prices has dropped in some areas in lag.
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by thedarkside: 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
lielbree:

I'm telling you the honest truth!
I was in the market yesterday, Nigerian rice 20k last!

but with stone??..that,i dont believe...

ahhh..rice is for rich people anyways......me,i only deal with garri and plantain...

i dont have problem with food in nigeria......their are sooo many things to eat to survive,so long it doesnt kill you?!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by danot1030: 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by thedarkside: 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
danot1030:
This type of news usually emanates from Igbo, among Igbo people and by an Igbo just to discredit and cause disaffection for Buhari government and Dangote since he's a northerner.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed..sometimes,silense is gold.....shelt your e-weapons for the meanwhile... grin

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Gerrard59(m): 8:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
There's absolutely nothing in genetically modified rice. This rice has been fortified and has been of immense assistance to farmers and consumers in Asia. It's nutritional fortified and has helped in ensuring children who are Vitamin A deficient gain the vitamin whilst eating their staple food.

P.S Science trumps ideology.

ATERI:

If you assemble 50 men in the West, 20 of them are likely to tell you that they are struggling with their sexuality, that is another way of saying they don`t know whether they are male or female. With our newly-found addiction to western food, Nigerian men would soon be the same.
[quote author=ATERI post=49161067]

Any scientific evidence to support your hypothesis? If no scientific evidence, then it's false. We're dealing with science here not hearsay. You want to feed 186 million individuals now and 260 million by 2030 without GM technology? shocked cheesy grin

You want to be like the Brazilians, Americans, Chinese, The Dutch without utilizing same technology they used?
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by McBrooklyn(m): 9:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
ChukwuIbrahim:
labana rice in edo state is less than #17k

Lol, which one be labana rice again?? angry
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Missy89(f): 9:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
There is nothing wrong with gmo rice.
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by freshcvvs: 9:19pm On Sep 07, 2016
joseph1013:
But what is wrong with importing GM Rice? Why is the government leading the public to believe that GMO foods are bad?

So much ignorance everywhere.

Where exactly did the govt say its wrong or bad? Kindly quote.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by danot1030: 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2016
thedarkside:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed..sometimes,silense is gold.....shelt your e-weapons for the meanwhile... grin
thanks bro, i will remove the post instantly. Just that somethings can be irritating.
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Origin(f): 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
Capitalists behaviour everywhere. People are even selling local rice at exorbitant prices.

Even imported rice that would first land Lagos before going inwards is more expensive in Lagos than in other states.

Na we just de do ourselves.
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Edum13656: 9:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
bad times not for me...

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by thedarkside: 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
Gerrard59:
There's absolutely nothing in genetically modified rice. This rice has been fortified and has been of immense assistance to farmers and consumers in Asia. It's nutritional fortified and has helped in ensuring children who are Vitamin A deficient gain the vitamin whilst eating their staple food.

P.S Science trumps ideology.

guy,you smart.... smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by thedarkside: 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
Edum13656:
bad times not for me...

why the hell should anyone want to stuff him or herself with so much food at ones??.....

isnt that painful for the stomach?? ..till today i dont understand people that like to eat tooo much..

the food on that table will reach me for 2 weeks..!!!....................
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
You need to read more and read wide

joseph1013:
But what is wrong with importing GM Rice? Why is the government leading the public to believe that GMO foods are bad?

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by ebosed: 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
saints2:
It;s well ooo

Read more here..

http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/09/federal-government-not-importing.html

Must we eat rice? Consume what you produce. Why should you consume what you don't produce (rice), and produce (fuel) what you don't consume?
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by InvertedHammer: 11:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
joseph1013:

/
GMO foods are bad because of the underlying health hazards not limited to cancer. The western worlds are fighting hard to ban it or the least, label it as such so that consumers can make informed decision. There are about 26 countries that have total or partial ban on GMO foods and they include: Germany, Switzerland, China, Russia, Australia, Austria, France, India, Mexico, Belgium, Italy, Poland, etc.

To prove naysayers wrong, they need guinea pigs to test it on and Africans fit the profile.

If not for mental laziness, West Africa would have been the food basket of the world considering the region and climate.
\

2 Likes

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Edum13656: 1:20am On Sep 08, 2016
thedarkside:

why the hell should anyone want to stuff him or herself with so much food at ones??.....

isnt that painful for the stomach?? ..till today i dont understand people that like to eat tooo much..

the food on that table will reach me for 2 weeks..!!!....................

really... re u economical or chicken?
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by alexarelano(m): 5:48am On Sep 08, 2016
Jidibia:

No be lie. The one am eating here is full of stones. Na so so small small limestone full am. If u cook it, the rice keep breaking into pieces like tuwo chinkafa.
cheesy[color=#990000][/color] grin grin
U neva c anything
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by lielbree: 6:21am On Sep 08, 2016
thedarkside:

but with stone??..that,i dont believe...

ahhh..rice is for rich people anyways......me,i only deal with garri and plantain...

i dont have problem with food in nigeria......their are sooo many things to eat to survive,so long it doesnt kill you?!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Yes with stone. Not as many as before but when washing the rice you will see some stones and sand at the bottom of the basin. If you have anyone here in ph ask them to confirm for Creek road market.

Plantain is too expensive, we are a family of 16. 11 of which are adults. Each adult will eat at least 2 Plantains.
In ph 5plantain is 400. That's 2k+ for plantain alone , by the time I add fish it's like 4k in one sitting!
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by ChukwuIbrahim: 6:41am On Sep 08, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Plots Ali Ndume’s Suspension / Stop Anointing Criminals - Obasanjo Warns Religious Leaders / APC Mulls Oyegun’s Tenure Extension To Facilitate Buhari’s Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.