Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,713 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:44 PM

Do Nigerian Embassies Around The World Open When Nigeria Has A Public Holiday? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Nigerian Embassies Around The World Open When Nigeria Has A Public Holiday? (13639 Views)

Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday / Nigerian Embassies Facing Threats From Host Countries —senate / Nigeria has finished me!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Nigerian Embassies Around The World Open When Nigeria Has A Public Holiday? by dezo(m): 9:21am On Sep 10, 2016
Uncle after much much yester nite u come dey nairaland dey find answer. Anyway asunmo dey find u oh
Re: Do Nigerian Embassies Around The World Open When Nigeria Has A Public Holiday? by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 10, 2016
dezo:
Uncle after much much yester nite u come dey nairaland dey find answer. Anyway asunmo dey find u oh

Lmao
Re: Do Nigerian Embassies Around The World Open When Nigeria Has A Public Holiday? by Adrenaline123(m): 9:49am On Sep 10, 2016
WeWildin:
This thread is unnecessary, you could just you know...*Cough Cough* Send an email to the embassy or Called them before Friday afterall your appointment wasn't fixed this week.
This thread is very ncecssary because I learnt something from it as well as others. Don't be too fast to castigate.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Embassies Around The World Open When Nigeria Has A Public Holiday? by 2ts: 10:50am On Sep 10, 2016
Dreamwaker:
My wifey has got an interview for Nigerian visa on the 12th of September but the federal government called for a public holiday. The embassies of Nigeria work for the FG so hereby I reckon they will observe the holiday too but not sure if all countries do. Because I doubt embassy in the Saudi Arabia will observe the Easter holiday.

Anyway I need urgent and concrete advise.

But do they ever open even when there is no public holiday.

I called Nigerian embassy in Atlanta die. E no even enter voice mail talkless of pick up.

Why cant the govt make it automated.
Re: Do Nigerian Embassies Around The World Open When Nigeria Has A Public Holiday? by gabbytabby: 11:02am On Sep 10, 2016
No. Nigerian high commission are closed for all 9ja holidays and the local community holidays.
Re: Do Nigerian Embassies Around The World Open When Nigeria Has A Public Holiday? by gibbi(m): 2:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
Nigerian Embassies observe Nigerian public holidays as well as holidays of host countries. Technically speaking, Nigerian Embassy premises in Riyadh is actually a Nigerian territory and therefore, Easter, Christmas and all other public holidays are observed .
Re: Do Nigerian Embassies Around The World Open When Nigeria Has A Public Holiday? by saintfrank(m): 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2016
Nigeria Embassies are officially closed on October 1st, New Year, Christmas and Eid, Those are same holiday's which also take effect in Nigeria. while other holiday are based on the host nation where each Nija Embassy is situated, But they're some other holidays whereby the Embassy don't officially close but they may not participate in all official duties they same way they do on officially day's.... just speaking from experience base on where am living shocked shocked shocked
Re: Do Nigerian Embassies Around The World Open When Nigeria Has A Public Holiday? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
saintfrank:
Nigeria Embassies are officially closed on October 1st, New Year, Christmas and Eid, Those are same holiday's which also take effect in Nigeria. while other holiday are based on the host nation where each Nija Embassy is situated, But they're some other holidays whereby the Embassy don't officially close but they may not participate in all official duties they same way they do on officially day's.... just speaking from experience base on where am living shocked shocked shocked

Thanks for this info. So is this the Eid that they would be closed or is it another Eid?
Re: Do Nigerian Embassies Around The World Open When Nigeria Has A Public Holiday? by saintfrank(m): 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
Dreamwaker:

Thanks for this info. So is this the Eid that they would be closed or is it another Eid?

Eid al-Fitr which is of the Ramadan....Eid al-Adha which is of the Festival of the Sacrifice...which is the one they're celebrating from 10th September to 11th and 12th monday is also a general holiday

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Deploys 15,544 Policemen To Rivers State. / Bunmi Orkar, widow Of Gideon Orkar Finally Speaks / ECOWAS Single Currency Begins In 2015 -WAMI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.