Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,860 members, 7,972,993 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:01 AM

How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring (1685 Views)

Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents / See Lady's Epic Reply To Man Who Diss Igbo Women Who Love Wearing Nose Ring / Can You Date A Guy/girl Who Wears A Nose Ring? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by martynsnet: 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
I seldom take my issues public, but this is about to tear up my relationship.

I have been dating my GF for over 4yrs now, I used the word GF because she is not wearing my ring, and this is because we don't want a long period of engagement before the wedding proper, else I could very well call her my fiance, as both families are fully aware of us.

My GF has always cherished the idea of wearing a nose ring, but I talked her out of it, plus her family won't approve. She recently graduated and as a "gift" to herself bore her nose. When I saw it, I was furious, I am well travelled and see nothing to it, but we all know the notion of such in Nigeria. We fought and She begged me, saying that she had always pleased other people all her life, that this is one thing she loves and had always admired, and that I should please tolerate it. she's in her early 20's and I just felt with time she will get tired of it.

I recently went to visit one of her family member, who was meeting me for the first time, and the person was not happy about the nose ring, my GF is the darling of the house, and it appeared as though I approved or even encouraged her to wear the nose ring. I don't want to be perceived as a bad influence so I talked to her about it again, and she started crying, throwing tantrums. She said for once in her life, let her please herself, and that she is finding herself.

I love this girl with everything in me, we have come a long way, and I know she loves me beyond I even love her, but we just can't agree on this matter. At a point I even begin to feel why I can't make her do away with the ring as a man, at the same time I feel I am being hard on her.

She removes it whenever she is coming to see my parents. Please am I over reacting? Do other people perceive nose piercing as a sign of someone irresponsible? I Am just lost.....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by HungerBAD: 9:27pm On Sep 10, 2016
Let me be careful with my unsolicited advice here.

You are apparently in love with this lady,and from your write up want to wife her up too.

The truth is my friend,the problem we African men have is that we always force our females to live the life we want. We mentally build a picture of a perfect person,which itself is not a bad thing.

But we usually forget one very important thing,and that thing is that we forget the woman's happiness too.

Whatever happened to what a woman wants in her life?whatever happened to how she wants to live her life?

To the young man posting this. My advice to you is leave her alone woth her nose ring to be happy.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
Please allow the lady have her nose ring.... Let her enjoy d feeling that comes with doing what she wants.
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
HungerBAD:
Make i type my advice.

Hold on.
Hunger won't allow you think straight for a sound advice bro... Come lemme dish jollof rice for ya

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by jopretty(f): 9:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
I'm just imagining Eniola Badmus and her nose ring. lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
Bro leave her, u have done d best part by talking her out of it, sooner or later she will become tired of it and probably regret it in the future
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by ayobase(m): 9:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
Early 20s.
She is still young, wild and wanna be free.

She will surely grow out of it with time.

Endeavour to tolerate her since she does remove whenver she visits your parents. She respects your parents.

It is obvious she loves you, and definitely she will concur very soon.

We all have one habit we are selfish about, but with time.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by midolian(m): 9:48pm On Sep 10, 2016
Nose rings? How I hate them and their users! Why waste your time opening a thread for a girl that uses Nose ring?
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by Ishilove: 9:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
HungerBAD:
Make i type my advice.

Hold on.
I dey suspect you. Wetin you dey always find for this section? cheesy
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by Ezedon(m): 9:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
Just cut off her nose, she wont see where to put ring again. Then thank me later
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
midolian:
Nose ring? If she loves you too, she should be ready to give using it up cos u don't like it.
You are scarce in politics section these days, its like the Chainji dey romance you wella tongue
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by Ishilove: 9:57pm On Sep 10, 2016
HungerBAD:

You are apparently in love with this lady,and from your write up want to wife her up too.

The truth is my friend,the problem we African men have is that we always force our females to live the life we want. We mentally build a picture of a perfect person,which itself is not a bad thing.

But we usually forget one very important thing,and that thing is that we forget the woman's happiness too.

Whatever happened to what a woman wants in her life?whatever happened to how she wants to live her life?

To the young man posting this. My advice to you is leave her alone to be happy.

See beta advice o. You have spoken well indeed

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by chris2face(m): 9:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
Nose ring well choice differs for me nose ring is a No!
No!! No!!! for me and my girl dare not try it,op since ur comfortable with it then let her be with time she will get tired of it but the truth is that many parents will see nose ring as arrogance
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by midolian(m): 9:59pm On Sep 10, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
You are scarce in politics section these days, its like the Chainji dey romance you wella tongue
cheesy cheesy cheesy

For now bro, I am an observer in that section.
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by McBrooklyn(m): 9:59pm On Sep 10, 2016
Oh, Fûck!!! I hate nose rings!!! angry
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by midolian(m): 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

For now bro, I am just observing. Will resume soon.
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by HungerBAD: 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
Ishilove:

I dey suspect you. Wetin you dey always find for this section? cheesy

Which section be this?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by klassykute(m): 10:03pm On Sep 10, 2016
nose rings ar cool .. let her wear dm nah
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by Ishilove: 10:03pm On Sep 10, 2016
HungerBAD:

Which section be this?
Lomance
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
Gimme her number lemme help u and talk to her undecided

#YOLO
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by iPrevail(m): 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
So because a girl is dating you and because of your silly cultures she can't do what she deems fit with her body? undecided

Mehn.. Nigerians ehn undecided
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
midolian:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

For now bro, I am an observer in that section.
midolian:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
For now bro, I am just observing. Will resume soon.
Hehehehehehehe! In Insurance, We Call It "Precautionary Measures..

#thischainjideytOtOri
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
HungerBAD:
To the young man posting this. My advice to you is leave her alone to be happy.
30 daps for this

Also come, please I want to tell you something...

cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by HungerBAD: 10:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
Ishilove:

Lomance

Missed my way.

I have you so not looking for any Romance anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
You don't!

Give her a restraint with cuffs the next time u have sex. Tell her that it's ur property that she is trying to defile and must desist from doing so to coexist haPpily with u
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by Richiy(f): 10:16pm On Sep 10, 2016
Do you consider yourself perfect? Let me answer for you. You are not perfect.

In relationships, there are a lot of things we might not like with our partners but we just deal with it. She already told you that she lives her life for other people and this one thing she asks for herself.

I say you let her do it. My best guess is that it is a phase that will wear out. Just see her through it.

Happy relationship
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 10, 2016
She has join bad gang!

Her skin is multicolor she now does pedicure too.

Check it her hair is jelly curled and taking hot drinks.

What now remains is to confirm if she not only watch b/f but acts them
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by LuvU2: 10:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
midolian:
Nose rings? How I hate them and their users! Why waste your time opening a thread for a girl that uses Nose ring?

Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by midolian(m): 10:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
LuvU2:
you look cute without a nose ring. Can I know you? angry
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by LuvU2: 10:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
midolian:
you look cute without a nose ring. Can I know you? angry
Which ward
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by midolian(m): 10:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
LuvU2:
Which ward
Re: How Do I Stop Her From Wearing Nose Ring by Ishilove: 10:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
HungerBAD:

Missed my way.

I have you so not looking for any Romance anywhere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Is This Really The Truth About Breakup? / What Does It Mean When A Man Wants To Impregnate You? / The ROBERT MUGABE Alleged 40 Quotes...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.