Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:10 AM

Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? (8485 Views)

Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? / How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Who Is To Be Blamed, Husband Or Wife? ( Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by sparta(f): 10:20am On Oct 12, 2009
From the time of Adam, men have not being known to take responsibility for their failure!

No be today!
Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by Nezan(m): 10:43am On Oct 12, 2009
From the time of Adam, men have not being known to take responsibility for their failure!

No be today!

This is quite witty!
Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by Amjustme: 12:56pm On Oct 12, 2009
Only JESUS can help you, me and all of us.
Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2009
Funny but almost all the recent divorce cases i see and hear of recently have to do with lazy husbadns and overworked and mentally and physically abused wives. From Ayo adesanya to monalisa and PH Musician lady IB,, her case was worse because her husband made her loose self esteem because sheis an albino, forged her signature and beat her.
Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by Outstrip(f): 6:33pm On Oct 12, 2009
That's the same with many Nigerian marriages in the US but of course they spin it around to say the woman got egotistical after she got a job as a nurse etc. They want their wives to go out there and work 16 hours a day 7 days a week and then they will keep the paycheck. Why can't you be a nurse yourself since nursing is so intoxicating to these men. My mom was 45 when she moved to the states and was working as a nurse within a year. So they can go to school and improve their lives. My mom was able to take classes and study for her board exams with 5 children and a husband (a very loving and understanding husband I must say LOL)
Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by Rosabelle(f): 6:57pm On Oct 12, 2009
In fact ehn. I dont know where this matter will be tackled from because african women work too hard. Its only in africa you hear a woman was deserted by her husband with 6 children and she will educate all of them.
It is something to be proud of, but it is WRONG. Its is worrying that with us, the woman is the bread winner and still the slave.
Its like that even with the best marriages. The man may loose his job and wont feel pressured - intentionally or not, because he knows he has a hard working wife. He knows she will never sit at home whilst her childrens school fees is pending.
Tomorrow she will be blamed if a car hit him when he crossed the road without looking.

Meanwhile these men, when they have expensive, demanding wives, they always make money. Check it. Men with gold-digger wives always have money because they know the minute they run dry, the woman will find another man. And theres nothgin men fear more than that. Its strange oh.
Ladies we have work oh. Bring up your male children well oh. This trend has to stop.
Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by omooloye1(f): 7:33pm On Oct 12, 2009
Rosabelle:

How many inlaws ever like their son's wives? 2 out of 10. People like who they can control, period. If you get along with you inlaws as a woman its either
1. They are genuinely good people and you are too , or
2. You are as materialistic as your mother inlaw who probably likes to gossip. She'l definitely love you too
If not, she'l say you think youre something better.

I agree with you. Women always get blamed for everything evil: a failed marriage, a deliquent child, a straying husband, sexual harassment and abuse, name it! I tire o!
Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by sparta(f): 8:59am On Oct 13, 2009
Men are simply sons of their father, its in their genes! They are never wrong!
Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by bolanleodu: 1:46pm On Oct 13, 2009
I laugh at most of your post most peeps here openly displaying ignorance. Isabela, is that what you'r called, you can talk all you want but you can never get a glimps of those ideas that brew in the minds of men, you think most men are looking for dumb, obedient wives but i tell you its not so you and your girls here just adopt this sartorial sanctimoniousness like you have no fault of your or like you make no contributions for which you can and should be blamed.
Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by bolanleodu: 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2009
, blamed. Every society has its ills and bliss cos they are different and dynamic, they west has it single parent ill on the high but here, impregnate a girl and you already married, If its the way you claim it to be, then society must have a damn good reason for it plus its not one way traffic it goes both sides. If you dont want to marry good you'd be saving someone the truma cos you'r sounding ideologically broken.
Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by queen01(f): 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2009
I'm lovin dis, smiley
Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by Shinatu: 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2009
Outstrip:

That's the same with many Nigerian marriages in the US but of course they spin it around to say the woman got egotistical after she got a job as a nurse etc. They want their wives to go out there and work 16 hours a day 7 days a week and then they will keep the paycheck. Why can't you be a nurse yourself since nursing is so intoxicating to these men. My mom was 45 when she moved to the states and was working as a nurse within a year. So they can go to school and improve their lives. My mom was able to take classes and study for her board exams with 5 children and a husband (a very loving and understanding husband I must say LOL)

@Outsrip

Thank you!
I have often wondered about this issue, but since I do not live in the US, I often wondered if nursing was a no go area for males in the US. I do not understand why this men cannot simply go to Nursing Schools themselves and make money too.

I have a friend who struggled through Nursing school in the US, she studied Mass Com in Naija and was having chalenges understanding some science stuff, she had two children and she was still working to contunue to contribute to the family upkeep.
Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by koolchicco: 2:01pm On Oct 14, 2009
queen01:

I'm lovin dis, smiley

Y if I may ask? undecided
Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by vislabraye(m): 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2009
The root of these argument is " who is the superio gender", war of the sexes. I hope there are no lesbians in our midst smiley. When you start hearing arguments against men, i suspect lesbianism is breeding.

If you are a lady who will not marry a nigerian man, raise up your hands,
Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by Rosabelle(f): 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2009
vislabraye:

The root of these argument is " who is the superio gender", war of the sexes. I hope there are no lesbians in our midst smiley. When you start hearing arguments against men, i suspect lesbianism is breeding.
If you are a lady who will not marry a nigerian man, raise up your hands,
Ehen. Theyve come again. Some of you seem to walk around and drop comments without checking the title of the thread.

No one can be better, because no one has the capacity to stand alone. Its a 'partner affair'.
But leave here sha if youre not contributing to the thread, 'ON' the thread.
Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by amyliajane(f): 9:20am On Oct 16, 2009
Aisha2 , i so lve ur responce on this thread grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Wives Often Blamed For Their Husbands' Failures? by vanbonattel: 9:56am On Aug 12, 2012
Because some women exploit their husbands and extort money from the man to buy pleasure cars even when the man is still struggling to stabilize his business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] / What Would You Remember Your Father For? / Fury Of A Woman sconned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.