Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,958 members, 7,890,166 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:18 AM

Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates (12878 Views)

Senate To Get New Nominee For Oyo - Vanguard / Official Final Results For Oyo State Just Announced / 2015: Alao-akala Picks PDP N3m Nomination Form For Oyo State Guber Race. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bidemi12(m): 11:36am On Oct 12, 2009
@fuke  The only point you have made here is that a project that ordinarily would be lauded in a place like lagos is being crucified because it is from a BAD/INEFFECTIVE GOVERNOR. Have you asked yourself why? I still do not understand why people make ridiculous comparisons here. A graduate who drives cabs in Europe (who has legal papers i might add) is not forced into doing so, but has done so by choice. A gaduate cab driver here is forced into doing so because he has no choice. This is a governor who has failed in every facet of policy and is using this as a publicity stunt. He has not done any laudable projects which will put graduates to work in his state and the first brainiac idea to come from him is this? Next we will start complaining of brain drain. These graduates if offered opportunities outside will not think twice about leaving and that is where we all lose. I'd rather be a cab driver in Europe and earn hard currency than be a cab driver in my own country, where i have paid my dues (college). If cab driving was my ambition in my country why did i  bother going to college. You dont need a degree for that.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by wolexojo(m): 2:08pm On Oct 12, 2009
Dont mind him,he looks like a chubby taxi driver himself, oh watapity!
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by newman007: 2:17pm On Oct 12, 2009
The man is a big fool who does not deserve a crown. I used to know him when he was a police officer in Ogbomosho.

How i wish graduates can now take politics as a career and kick the fools out of leadership.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by fuke(m): 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2009
@bidemi12. and Wolexojo

You call 4 years in the uuniversity payment of dues? Dues ko duisi ni . The payment of dues has just stated.
       As for me I prefer to drive cab here to driving whites in Europe or USA. I refuse to be a slave to dollars or Euro.

On the lighter mood, are you  by chance the guy who sold his fathers house to get visa to Europe only to
      end up washing plates. On hearing  that her son wash plates to suvive in Europe, the mother, a prominent  food seller
      retorted, paga, komode yi ti kuku wa ma fo abo lodomi. The other day I shook the hand of a friend
      just returning from England, the palm was like sand papper. I told him to come back home and find something
      better to do. The palm of a graduate driving his own cab wold be smoother. It will be smoothened with  pepper soup oil

Now,You have not debunked the fact that a serious graduate with a new cab will best even a level 12 officer in the ministry
     You have not refuted the fact that there are graduates among the BRT drivers. All you guys are doing is gragara
     grandstanding .[i]Gragra [/i]of beer bottle without content.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bidemi12(m): 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2009
@Fuke If only you knew. You must be related to tpia. It is only a person related to her that is as devoid of reasoning as you obviously are. One thing i have found out about Nigeria, and i will continue to say it. Once you remove poverty from the equation people become normal.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Sagamite(m): 5:09pm On Oct 12, 2009
bidemi12:

Next we will start complaining of brain drain. These graduates if offered opportunities outside will not think twice about leaving and that is where we all lose.

bidemi12:

Next we will start complaining of brain drain. These graduates if offered opportunities outside will not think twice about leaving and that is where we all lose.

bidemi12:

bidemi12:

bidemi12:

bidemi12:

bidemi12:

bidemi12:

I just needed to say that several times over.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by AloyEmeka6: 5:09pm On Oct 12, 2009
fuke:

The other day I shook the hand of a friend
      just returning from England, the palm was like sand papper. I told him to come back home and find something
      better to do. The palm of a graduate driving his own cab wold be smoother. It will be smoothened with  pepper soup oil

grin grin grin grin grin Nigerians smoke a lot of hashish these days.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bidemi12(m): 5:13pm On Oct 12, 2009
@Sagamite Nice one. Do you know that repetitive information can be used to break barriers errected by the dullest of minds. I hope fuke will read it through and the information breaks his own dull mind. Really, nice one.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bidemi12(m): 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2009
@alloy emeka hashish? opium more like it.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Sagamite(m): 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2009
fuke:

@bidemi12. and Wolexojo

You call 4 years in the uuniversity payment of dues? Dues ko duisi ni . The payment of dues has just stated.
      As for me I prefer to drive cab here to driving whites in Europe or USA. I refuse to be a slave to dollars or Euro.

On the lighter mood, are you  by chance the guy who sold his fathers house to get visa to Europe only to
     end up washing plates. On hearing  that her son wash plates to suvive in Europe, the mother, a prominent  food seller
     retorted, paga, komode yi ti kuku wa ma fo abo lodomi. The other day I shook the hand of a friend
     better to do. The palm of a graduate driving his own cab wold be smoother. It will be smoothened with  pepper soup oil

Now,You have not debunked the fact that a serious graduate with a new cab will best even a level 12 officer in the ministry
    You have not refuted the fact that there are graduates among the BRT drivers. All you guys are doing is gragara
    grandstanding .Gragra [/i]of beer bottle without content.

*shakes head in pity*

I repeat:

[i]"It is the responsibility of the government to devise, shape and align the society to function optimally (which includes progress)."

Devising a Kabu Kabu service for your most invested-in and most likely future leaders is not progressive in ANY FORM, it is DAFT!

*Ah, I am having a headache*
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bidemi12(m): 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2009
@Sagamite I swear you should be a comedian. I am laughing so hard i can hardly see the screen. grin
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Sagamite(m): 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2009
bidemi12:

@Sagamite I swear you should be a comedian. I am laughing so hard i can hardly see the screen. grin

My friend, these guys are funnier than me when they are comparing driving cab in the UK to kabu kabu and Keke Maruwa driving in Nigeria.  grin

Imagine Boris Johnson saying his latest scheme for creating employment for grads is to convert Imperial College graduates into cab drivers. How long would he last in office?

What is so hard for these guys to grasp?  undecided

*Looks up to the skies*

"Baba God, thank you for blessing me with intelligence o"
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bidemi12(m): 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2009
@Sagamite to be honest we have an unfair advantage. A lot of people like FUKE, who are experiencing poverty especially of the mind, have never seen a better option which beclouds their reasoning/judgement. Imagine offering Fuke 40,000 naira to disrupt an election. I'm sure no will not be in his dictionary. This one that he keeps logging in and out every 5 minutes, i'm sure he's in one of the cabs and using his cell phone to browse. I beg no texting while driving oooo.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Sagamite(m): 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2009
AKARA VISION!

Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bawomolo(m): 7:31pm On Oct 12, 2009
this thread is funny
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by mamagee6(f): 8:27pm On Oct 12, 2009
Sagamite:

AKARA VISION!

I love Akara, I want to eat it so badly. undecided
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by mex004(m): 9:15pm On Oct 12, 2009
Can this FOOLISH Governor use their children 4 TAXI drivers
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by trekkie: 11:38pm On Oct 12, 2009
@ sagamite
look mate, first of all i want to say i apologise for calling you names. i will not under any circumstances stoop to that level. i looked at my posts and i am appalled at my use of language. irrespective of what you choose to do. i hope you accept my apology. i am not normally rude to anyone and i could have put my point across without the name calling.
i still do not agree with your points.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by trekkie: 12:58am On Oct 13, 2009
Sagamite:

Priority should be chantising the government for being simpletons, not wondering why someone can go and do something in London but not do it at home.

Intelligence would suggest to you that a grad doing it in London would live a decent and mostly dignified life with reasonable income. And yet it is not ideal as the UK government would NEVER aspire that for THEIR own grads,.

priority should not be chastising the government but getting involved and correcting the situation. keep your focus. do you know 60,000 pple applied for the job at FIRS and they need only 1,000 and the universities keep churning out graduates. you can chastise the government all you want but i want to know what is going to bring a change in the life of the pple. any suggestions?

a grad doing a cab driving in london you say will live a decent and mostly dignified life by whose standards? is a graduate cab driver in london living life at the same level of a graduate oil company worker in london? cab driving is cab driving wether in london or ibadan. you imply by your words that graduate cab driving in london is different from graduate cab driving in ibadan. i dont agree and one of your supporters bidemi12 says something stupid like a graduate is driving by choice in london and not so in ibadan.
so i go through all the trouble of getting a passport,visa,spend money to go live out my dream as a cab driver in london? undecided who does not want a high paying job wether in london or ibadan.
i don't think a graduate in london wakes up goes through the list of acceptable jobs and says "civil servant, no" engineer no i think i'll go and be a cabbie "shakes head"
btw what is the average income of a cabbie in london? the average lagos taxi can make up to 10,000 ngn a day and more in lagos. * 30= 300,000 reduce this by 10% for ibadan in your opinion is this enough to live a decent and dignified life in nigeria?
Sagamite:

How many people can afford cab on their own in IBADAN? , it would only end up being that your fellow Akara visionary has turned graduates into Kabu Kabu drivers as the grads would be carrying 6 people in the car (some seating on top of others). This is how your type want to advance Nigeria.

is any one asking them to buy their own cab? now you have not seen the cabs in lagos the reality is so far from what u r describing. i wish i had a picture to show to you. the days you r describing are over. and btw did you grow up in nigeria or when did u leave cos u r obviously not in touch with what's up in this cab scheme at all. this scheme was first started by fashola in order to bring sanity to the lagos transportation system;akwa ibom,rivers and imo have since followed suit
got to go now
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by AloyEmeka6: 1:13am On Oct 13, 2009
,mama-gee:

I love Akara, I want to eat it so badly. undecided

Do you also like BLEACHED akara?
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 13, 2009
bunch of bloody nay sayers . Alao akala is providing job opporttunities and expanding the middle working class

viva sub par blue collar jobs

meanwhile - some advice to the good blecaher on expanding these opportunities

open hair dressing saloons for female university graduates 2'1 only
provide agege bread distribution for 2'2 graduates
provide area boy jobs for male 2'2 grads
provide political thug jobs for 3rd class grads

thats it - he covered

of course jobs in th minsitry etal go to his and adedibu's kids - after all they paid for em, not so?
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by TexMex: 8:22am On Oct 13, 2009
I have been following this discourse for the past few days, and I think it's about time I chime-in in order to debunk some claims and make issues plainer so that those "who are not getting it will get it".

My main grouse is with AKALA launching this 'job-creation project'. Now, AKALA is not a graduate, and I submit his motives are suspect. I think it smacks of denigration for a privileged non-gratuate to set up a job-scheme and decidedly say it's reserved for graduates. It's like someone who schooled in a low-class school in NIGERIA building filling stations and saying the attendants with be top NIGERIAN graduates from HARVARD who are affected by the recession in the global economy. Obviously, the initiator wants to bolster his ego.

Driving a cab in LONDON is not the same as driving a cab in the 'streets' of IBADAN. I arrived on a late night flight into HEATHROW recently and took a black cab to Dartford. Paid about 100 pounds (about =N=22,000) for the ride. Now, how many people can afford to pay that much for a taxi ride in IBADAN? Anyone who has been to IBADAN will agree with me that TAXI CABS are not the immediate need of the people. LASTMA and more private sector investment will do the state some good. Several ideas have been shared in this thread, and more can still be thought of. So why's the government bereft of ideas?

A number of posters here have tried to make it sound like if FASHOLA had conceived this, we won’t have condemned it. Truth be told, if a private individual has conceived this scheme and used his/her own money to fund it I don’t think there would be much (if any) hullabaloo. What is sickening is that this scheme is being promoted by a State Governor that is saddled with providing opportunities and safety nets for the citizens. I don’t think FASHOLA’s scheme was designed specifically for Graduates.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Sagamite(m): 11:42am On Oct 13, 2009
trekkie:

@ sagamite
look mate, first of all i want to say i apologise for calling you names. i will not under any circumstances stoop to that level. i looked at my posts and i am appalled at my use of language. irrespective of what you choose to do. i hope you accept my apology. i am not normally rude to anyone and i could have put my point across without the name calling.
i still do not agree with your points.

My apologises too. I am well known for going over the top.

trekkie:

priority should not be chastising the government but getting involved and correcting the situation. keep your focus. do you know 60,000 pple applied for the job at FIRS and they need only 1,000 and the universities keep churning out graduates. you can chastise the government all you want but i want to know what is going to bring a change in the life of the pple. any suggestions?

Nope. As I said earlier, a bad economy is not an excuse to be bereft of ideas. There are better ideas for the sub-class they are targeting to help (GRADUATES) considering the funds they would use for this stupid scheme.

How much does a new car cost N2.5m? With the corruption than would be involved we can place it at N3m. So if a government is spending N3m on each graduate (we have not factored in scheme overhead costs, transporting, storing the cars), you think the adequate thing is to turn them into kabu kabu drivers?

trekkie:

a grad doing a cab driving in london you say will live a decent and mostly dignified life by whose standards? is a graduate cab driver in london living life at the same level of a graduate oil company worker in london? cab driving is cab driving wether in london or ibadan. you imply by your words that graduate cab driving in london is different from graduate cab driving in ibadan. i dont agree and one of your supporters bidemi12 says something stupid like a graduate is driving by choice in london and not so in ibadan.
so i go through all the trouble of getting a passport,visa,spend money to go live out my dream as a cab driver in london? undecided who does not want a high paying job wether in london or ibadan.
i don't think a graduate in london wakes up goes through the list of acceptable jobs and says "civil servant, no" engineer no i think i'll go and be a cabbie "shakes head"
btw what is the average income of a cabbie in london? the average lagos taxi can make up to 10,000 ngn a day and more in lagos. * 30= 300,000 reduce this by 10% for ibadan in your opinion is this enough to live a decent and dignified life in nigeria? is any one asking them to buy their own cab? now you have not seen the cabs in lagos the reality is so far from what u r describing. i wish i had a picture to show to you. the days you r describing are over. and btw did you grow up in nigeria or when did u leave cos u r obviously not in touch with what's up in this cab scheme at all. this scheme was first started by fashola in order to bring sanity to the lagos transportation system;akwa ibom,rivers and imo have since followed suit
got to go now

You misintepreted my points.

I meant how many people in Ibadan can afford a Taxi fare (I should have been clearer). Since cab-taking is not a common thing in Ibadan, what you will end up with is that these graduates will have to take more than one passenger at a time most journeys, hence ending up to be Kabu Kabu drivers, NOT even the more presitigious (i.e. in Akala's Akara world) Taxi driver.

A registered cab driver in the UK would earn between £18K - £25K, a black cab driver will earn between £23K - £32K. The average household income (husband & wife) in UK is £32K, in London should be about £37K. So the cab drivers are OK. All these figures have extracted expenses.

An oil worker earns as a grad: £28K. Your analogy with oil worker is that it is the top career line in Nigeria. Let me help you out, that is not the case in London. The top career line for a grad is IB: £37K basic + bonus. So the cab drivers are not doing bad until the grads build experience.

The taxi drivers in Lagos, don't definitely make as much as you claim when you remove expenses. And they do seat idle for sometime and get stuck in traffic. So on average, I would expect each journey to be an hour, total journey per day around 9 (i.e. working 12hrs per day, 9-9, so on a marvelous day being idle for 3hrs only, I repeat marvelous) and at an average cost of N700.

That is N6300 per day in revenue, remove operating cost (petrol per day of N3k and maintenance cost of N100 per day) your are left with N3200 per day. That is N96K per month in Lagos.

For Ibadan that has no cabbing culture, this would be far less, as each journey (though short, circa 20 mins) will be around N40*4passengers per journey = N160 per journey. Lets say, 2 journeys per hour (good init) times 12 working hours a day, that is 160*2*12 = N3840 per day. Remove operating cost (petrol per day of N2.5k and maintenance cost of N100 per day), what do you have left?  undecided

That is by the way, I just went through all that to be clear. The point is that NO GOVERNMENT IN LONDON would aspire for such careers for their graduates. So you should be condemning, not saying if they go to London they would do it. London would not even aspire for such for them.

I repeat: The point is not what graduates do, it  is the ASPIRATIONS the government is setting for graduates!

I grew up in Nigeria and have been away for well over a decade.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by AloyEmeka6: 11:49am On Oct 13, 2009
oyb:

bunch of bloody nay sayers . Alao akala is providing job opporttunities and expanding the middle working class

thats it - he covered

of course jobs in th minsitry etal go to his and adedibu's kids - after all they paid for em, not so?

No provision in your plan for males with 2'1 and first class?
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Sagamite(m): 11:51am On Oct 13, 2009
See below.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Sagamite(m): 11:52am On Oct 13, 2009
oyb:

thats it - he covered

Men, I must steal your idea sharp, sharp and take it to Alao Akala as proposal for graduate defelupement.

Aloy~Emeka:

No provision in your plan for males with 2'1 and first class?

They are already catered for in the more prestigious Taxi driver scheme.

3rd class females can come and rub bleaching cream all over him.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by AloyEmeka6: 11:55am On Oct 13, 2009
Sagamite:

They are already catered for in the more prestigious Taxi driver scheme.

3rd class females can come and rub bleaching cream all over him.

grin grin grin No wonder tpia was defending him. grin grin grin grin
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by trekkie: 12:02pm On Oct 13, 2009
@ sagamite
thanks mate. be right back smiley
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 13, 2009
from the office of the PA to alao akala

Mr sagamite - abi mr man from shagamu

it is clear that you are one of those known as NFA. while your mates are hustling and reading book, you are spending your time browsing through nairaland, ogling pictures of female posters. and insulting me. is it my fault that u don't know how to dobale for people like adedibu

you better thank your stars that oga bleacher has decided on a scheme that ensures - no olodo/nfa is left behind

while the serious people who have dedicated copious amounts of residing in uncle alaos anus ( extreme butt kissing - he did the same thing with adeddibu - thats the true reason for his skin tone)
are getting kabu kabu, you ill have to start lower on the ladder

as for you, mr aloy emeka - your name says it all - the gracious governor has generally opened a shop for you where you wil be selling authentic motor vehicle spare parts - in particular used alloy wheels

as for female university graduates - so many of you are casual prostitutes anyway, who feature regularly at governor's parties - so report to my office for assesment . if you meet the required criteria, you can enter the governors hot tub schedule - please come with your tura
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by tunnytox(m): 11:27pm On Oct 13, 2009
an abysmally daft idea from a morally bankrupt governor, stupid idiot akala, dumbass fool, graduates to be driving taxis, does anyone need a degree to drive taxis? foolish idiot God will punish him and his generations to come
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by tunnytox(m): 11:29pm On Oct 13, 2009
I reckon his brain has been bleached!! shocked shocked
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by AloyEmeka6: 11:47pm On Oct 13, 2009
oyb:

from the office of the PA to alao akala

Mr sagamite - abi mr man from shagamu

it is clear that you are one of those known as NFA. while your mates are hustling and reading book, you are spending your time browsing through nairaland, ogling pictures of female posters. and insulting me. is it my fault that u don't know how to dobale for people like adedibu

you better thank your stars that oga bleacher has decided on a scheme that ensures - no olodo/nfa is left behind

while the serious people who have dedicated copious amounts of residing in uncle alaos anus ( extreme butt kissing - he did the same thing with adeddibu - thats the true reason for his skin tone)
are getting kabu kabu, you ill have to start lower on the ladder

as for you, mr aloy emeka - your name says it all - the gracious governor has generally opened a shop for you where you wil be selling authentic motor vehicle spare parts - in particular used alloy wheels

as for female university graduates - so many of you are casual prostitutes anyway, who feature regularly at governor's parties - so report to my office for assesment . if you meet the required criteria, you can enter the governors  hot tub schedule - please come with your tura

LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari Hands Over To Abba Kyari Instead Of Osinbajo (pics) / More Pictures Of Kemi Surfaces Online- Picture / CBN Disburses ₦45 Billion To Lagos For Blue Line Railway Project

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.