Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,807 members, 7,905,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 10:18 PM

Help Heal This System - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Heal This System (588 Views)

Help Me Heal My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Heal This System by tunday02(m): 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2009
Please, my system does not start up to display on the screen. when i put it on, it fails to boot up, but it show that it is working cos the light is always on. I have called on two different engineers to fix it up, both complained about the memory. I bought another memory but the problem still persists. what could have happened cos i have even re-formatted it but still,

thanks.
Re: Help Heal This System by netotse(m): 1:46pm On Oct 09, 2009
when thw computer(desktop or laptop?) comes on is there a beep or a series of beeps?
Re: Help Heal This System by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 09, 2009
its probably a power board problem

you can also look at disconnecting and reconnecting the processor cores on your laptop - worked for me
Re: Help Heal This System by deji2009(m): 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2009
Please, my system does not start up to display on the screen. when i put it on, it fails to boot up, but it show that it is working cos the light is always on. I have called on two different engineers to fix it up, both complained about the memory. I bought another memory but the problem still persists. what could have happened cos i have even re-formatted it but still,

thanks.

Try reseating all adaptors such as Graphics, Cpu, Usb etc. is there a post beep ? or swap test the PC witha different monitor
Re: Help Heal This System by tunday02(m): 6:07pm On Oct 20, 2009
there is even no beep at all. it is just silent when it is on.
Re: Help Heal This System by deji2009(m): 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2009

thanks.

Ok, let start here. if your car fail to start. would you go ahead and buy a new engine/car. probably your answer to that would be no

well, the csr should have carried some diagnostics befor making that assumption. they are right but I expect them to have the basics

You said you have reformatted it ? was this before or after ? as this might explain it ? ok, I take is a PC yeah definite

Ok, since no post beep that might be pointing towards the MOtherboard. ok, turn it off please disconnect all pheripherals e.g. speaker, printer,

monitor,kb and mouse etc hold your FINGER down the POWER BUTTON for 30 secs to release any static build up on the MOBO

after 30 Secs connect basic back again excluding pheripherals like printer speaker etc then try give it a try whilst doing that keep pressing

F2 on the keyboard you shoud hear some 1 or more beeps dont worry keep pressing until you come to Bios setup utility if you do then

You"re laughing just a case of geting back to us and see if there is any more diags. if Bios not loading up then try F1 or delete key

If still no joy then check to make sure no damages to the USB port and make sure all fans are running try checking LED lights such as

HDD Floppy CD drive etc. if still no joy then am afriad is a motherboard problem, just a case of taking to a PC engineer. Good luck, Deji Sunday

(1) (Reply)

Please Moderator & Fellow Nairalanders Help Urgently Needed! / How Can I Download Sounds Drive To My Laptop? / Want To Know All The Component Of Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.