Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,805 members, 7,872,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:25 PM

LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode (45259 Views)

Atiku Reacts To The Death Of 22 Students Who Crash On Their Way For Excursion / Bayo Omoboriowo Changes Twitter Bio To "Freelance Photographer" / Photos From Ambode's 53rd Birthday Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
mrvitalis:

Am sure they meant kerosene from plastic and alum... Which is chemically possible.. . Nigeria press are really reporting what the masses want to hear I stead of the truth
it is near impossible. the best you can get at a very expensive cost through pyrolysis is diesels. kerosene is too volatile
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Ekakamba: 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
In this country nothing is [size=30pt]impossible![/size]
idensko:

Basic chemistry will tell you that it is impossible
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by hotspec(m): 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2016

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by flatheadedbigot: 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
flat headed bigots won't be happy about this news.

1 Like

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Donald3d(m): 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
Great Mayflower student!!!!!!!!, proud to call you my class mate, Femi, aka shortest of our set #shortman
Supersystems

2 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by EternalTruths: 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ritchiee:

Big ups for Ambode for supporting technology.Other governors should emulate him.I even read today that a firm in Ibadan is also producing kerosine,alum etc from plastic wastes.Technology is the key.BIG UPS TO NIGERIAN TECH TEAM.

Alum no

Kerosene most likely possible

But plastic fuel yes

Plastic fuel is close to Diesel in terms of molecular mass

If further heated, can get lighter hydrocarbons

So Kerosene yes I believe.

Idensko is possible.
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Fumzybabe(f): 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2016
edlion57:
WHAT I'M SEEING IS 600,000 and 1,000,000
Yea.The initial prize from d ready set work is 1.6m,the governor just announced his 5m addition when he was presenting the prize to them. i am also one of the beneficiaries of the initiative, God bless the lagos state government!

2 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by EternalTruths: 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
shala01:

it is near impossible. the best you can get at a very expensive cost through pyrolysis is diesels. kerosene is too volatile

Is possible it has been achieved in India.

If you heat plastic waste in the absence of oxygen and presence of Nitrogen and some catalysts at 400°C you will get plastic fuel which is C13.8 H28..... Which is close to diesel which is C12H26.

If you further heat it, you will get lighter hydrocarbons like kerosene, petrol etc.

1 Like

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by EternalTruths: 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2016
Fumzybabe:
Yea.The initial prize from d ready set work is 1.6m,the governor just announced his 5m addition when he was presenting the prize to them. i am also one of the beneficiaries of the initiative, God bless the lagos state government!

What did you produce yourself.?

To be frank, we need a national award for Reinventions , Innovations and Inventions in order to spur technological revolution essential for economic development

Unfortunately the cow called Buhari is interested in taking over Nigeria for Islam / Fulani supremacy through grazing reserves.
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by ThunderingHooves: 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2016
EternalTruths:

If you heat plastic waste in the absence of oxygen and presence of Nitrogen and some catalysts at 400°C you will get plastic fuel which is C13.8 H28..... Which is close to diesel which is C12H26.

If you further heat it, you will get lighter hydrocarbons like kerosene, petrol etc.
Please do tell, which catalyst? What of the pressure environment? Show me a link.
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2016
Donald3d:
Great Mayflower student!!!!!!!!, proud to call you my class mate, Femi, aka shortest of our set #shortman
Supersystems

Lol by the way the Biogas generator we constructed behind the kitchen was it still functiona at your time ?

I;m still working on my ideas will help this country dont worry. Working on my Biogas processor to handle atleast 5 million people's waste the design is in done finished groundwork.. Will execute within 4 years

1 Like

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2016
EternalTruths:

you just described pyrolysis. it is not common because it is añ expensive process.
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Slymonster(m): 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2016
i did that for my project back then in school and nobody gave me money
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by ThunderingHooves: 8:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
Not hating, but biogas reactors and their many spin offs are not "new technologies ". I wish them well with their new endeavors, spread it to the ordinary fellas on the ground. @Pavore9 say something.

2 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by SamOgasco(m): 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
gurunlocker:
I can only see 600k and 1m

You're right my man. 600k on the left, while 1m on the right. Making a total of 1.6m in all. So where is 5m coming from as claimed/said by the op?
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
ThunderingHooves:

Please do tell, which catalyst? What of the pressure environment? Show me a link.

He's correct the same concept is behind the sugarcane feul and plastic feu technology greatly embraced in Brazil.

The concept is based on heating materials at extremely low temperature so more extracts can be gotten,it could be made faster by using catalyst.. Nickel is a good catalyst for such kind of chemica reactions.. It is not as expensive as believed once u pack shit together bacteria would gather and eat. and what the aftermath is is Biogas...

2 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Donald3d(m): 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
supersystems:

Lol by the way the Biogas generator we constructed behind the kitchen was it still functiona at your time ?

I;m still working on my ideas will help this country dont worry. Working on my Biogas processor to handle atleast 5 million people's waste the design is in done finished groundwork.. Will execute within 4 years
Hehehehe,4 years is far na...
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by SamOgasco(m): 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
edlion57:
WHAT I'M SEEING IS 600,000 and 1,000,000

Abi oooooo. Because all I can see is 1.6m in all. So I wonder where the 5m is coming from ooooo.
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Fumzybabe(f): 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2016
EternalTruths:

What did you produce yourself.?

To be frank, we need a national award for Reinventions , Innovations and Inventions in order to spur technological revolution essential for economic development

Unfortunately the cow called Buhari is interested in taking over Nigeria for Islam / Fulani supremacy through grazing reserves.
Ready.Set.Work is an initiative of d lagos state ministry of education dat was aimed at equipping students of d lagos state tertiary institutions,LASU,LASPOTECH AND LASCOHET, with skills needed to be employable and to bcom employers of labor themselves,i.e entrepreneurs. the programme ran 4 13 weeks and we were divided into 2 tracts,employability and entrepreneurship, i was in the employability track

1 Like

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by EternalTruths: 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2016
ThunderingHooves:

I lost the info but

Google conversion of plastic wastes to plastic fuel catalyst india

Try it if you will see it again.

Sorry for my inability to help you
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
Donald3d:
Hehehehe,4 years is far na...

Yes cause i get many project. Dont worry any part of the world yu will be yu will see it.

Taking me 4 years cos i cant find credible ppl to man things. Most times i start things i dnt find good hands to manage it. They destroy it from greed. I can set it up now but wont.. I need time to be free to manage my thing myself.. Thinking aint easy dnt want fools to mismange my creation
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by EternalTruths: 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
shala01:

you just described pyrolysis. it is not common because it is añ expensive process.

Indians have successfully developed a much cheaper way.

Just this below

EternalTruths:

I lost the info but
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
hmmmm While Nigerians spend time and energy condemning witchcraft and its agents, binding and casting them and attributing any misfortune on the activities of witches and wizards, the South African Minister of Higher Education and Training, Blade Nzimande, has announced plans to have witchcraft included in the curriculum from 2018, aimed at awarding a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in witchcraft. Nzimande made this known while speaking to representatives from student unions around the country, announcing the move and urging future university applicants to consider taking Witchcraft as a course of study. “There is a lot we can learn from witchcraft, like how they fly in that winnowing basket. Imagine if we learn that skill; it will eradicate traffic jams and everyone will just get in their basket and fly. It also means we will not be importing fuel anymore.” The Minister further invited renowned witches to make an appointment with his office so they can have their skills tested and those outstanding would then be hired as lecturers. He also invited witches from across the continent to take advantage of the new course, promising them permanent residents’ permits. A male wizard in South Africa Photo Credit: Witches and Wizards.com “I spoke to the Minister of Home Affairs, Malusi Gigaba, and he agreed to issue witches from outside South Africa with permanent residence permits. I heard Malawi and Zimbabwe have an impressive collection of witches. We are hoping they will heed the call.” Applications for the course, according to Nzimande, will be closing on September 30, 2016, at midnight, after which an appointed panel will conduct interviews, with an opening for 109 witches for the takeoff.
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by moneytreeteam: 8:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
A very cool one.
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by toprealman: 8:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
idensko:

Aluminum
And kerosine from plastic waste?

That will be 9th wonders of the world

After buhari.

Basic chemistry will tell you that it is impossible
Basic chemistry will tell you that Aluminium and Alum are not one and the same Oga Prof!
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by toye440: 8:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
so funny we happen to be working on dsame project in fact mine is a Comparative study of biogas production using 3 substrates; water melon, cow dung and a mixture of both.
funny he gets 5million, o boy I happy for u o if u need info no fear am available.
pls oga poster point of correction he did not discover biogas he only worked, or was able to extract biogas from any biomass of his choosen
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by ThunderingHooves: 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2016
EternalTruths:

I lost the info but

Okay
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Prince16: 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2016
gurunlocker:
I can only see 600k and 1m
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
Great!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria After UK Trip / Abdulsalami Abubakar Reacts To Quit Notice Given To Igbos By Arewa Youths / Soludo Appoints Odinkalu, Bianca Ojukwu, Charly Boy, 12 Others Into Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.