Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,237 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:53 AM

LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode (45285 Views)

Atiku Reacts To The Death Of 22 Students Who Crash On Their Way For Excursion / Bayo Omoboriowo Changes Twitter Bio To "Freelance Photographer" / Photos From Ambode's 53rd Birthday Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by anonimi: 9:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
When will Ambode ensure that ALL children in Lagos state are enrolled in:

- primary
- vocational
- secondary and
- technical

schools

That way this type of scientific "breakthrough" will be common place and increase the economic base for IGR in the state.

[img]http://www2.ed.gov/nclb/overview/intro/presentation/Slide1.jpg[/img]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 15, 2016
Wailers foooooooodu don readdyyyyy wooo! grin shocked

1 Like

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by anonimi: 9:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ritchiee:
Big ups for Ambode for supporting technology.Other governors should emulate him.I even read today that a firm in Ibadan is also producing kerosine,alum etc from plastic wastes.Technology is the key.BIG UPS TO NIGERIAN TECH TEAM.

Big ups is too much to give him when many children are UNABLE to attend school in the state of excellence or attend schools without enough teachers and in terrible condition.
Acknowledging what he has above his more mediocre 35 state governors and 774 LGA chairmen is enough.

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124804_20151126164323_jpeg933998a57f8c28234ccaa665d2fefc46

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124836_20151126163829_jpeg3798e0f98a572b323f9b9ab93cf4eb74

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2412996_fashola2000schoolsspeech_jpeg6b557f0f99a4c9db2ca62ab885b15f0a

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by EternalTruths: 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2016
anonimi:
When will Ambode ensure that ALL children in Lagos state are enrolled in:

- primary
- vocational
- secondary and
- technical

schools

That way this type of scientific "breakthrough" will be common place and increase the economic base for IGR in the state.

[img]http://www2.ed.gov/nclb/overview/intro/presentation/Slide1.jpg[/img]

Wrong.

What Ambode needs, is to pay handsomely those people who have Reinvented Innovated or invented things to teach other people.

By sharing technological knowledge, progress in technology will grow fast as people developed better ones that can help our socioeconomic lives.
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by bi0nics: 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
anonimi:

Big ups is too much to give him when many children are UNABLE to attend school in the state of excellence or attend schools without enough teachers and in terrible condition.
Acknowledging what he has above his more mediocre 35 state governors and 774 LGA chairmen is enough.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2412996_fashola2000schoolsspeech_jpeg6b557f0f99a4c9db2ca62ab885b15f0a

Why are you so bitter?

1 Like

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by MNDY(m): 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
Well done guys! Lagos is quite ok amidst this recession! I would really love to be in Lagos, this Kogi is hell with unpaid salaries in a salary-driven state economy like hers!
-
On the whole, this recession is capable of turning one to a craze-man, give high BP and death! GOD HELP US!

1 Like

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Pavore9: 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
ThunderingHooves:
Not hating, but biogas reactors and their many spin offs are not "new technologies ". I wish them well with their new endeavors, spread it to the ordinary fellas on the ground. @Pavore9 say something.

Yawning....just waking up from my first round of sleep! cheesy

It is not a new technology, A guy in Karen by the name Dominic is the boss when it comes to biogas generation. The biogas generated from the big digester in his work yard powers his company's welding job. He was recently featured on NTVWild.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by anonimi: 9:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
EternalTruths:
Wrong.

What Ambode needs, is to pay handsomely those people who have Reinvented Innovated or invented things to teach other people.

By sharing technological knowledge, progress in technology will grow fast as people developed better ones that can help our socioeconomic lives.

I guess that you have not heard that a rich man among six poor one makes ALL of them a GROUP of poor people who will easily be oppressed by a group of rich people. Or have you heard that before?
Is it not sheer stupidity for a politician like Dino Meleaye to buy an expensive cars that he will drive over bad roads because we allow him to pay himself too much money that could have been used to FIX and maintain the roads?
Why are we black people such empty skulls and lazy bimbos?
Why?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/294278_chinainafrica_jpgbd4ea16cc6391fffe329bb549e5ad537

tonte23:
In a wedding ceremony at Ikoyi registry, Lagos, a 28-year-old Nigerian man has tied the knot with a 71-Year-Old European woman. Despite the 43 years difference in their ages, the couple expressed they got married because they are deeply in love. However, many Nigerians are saying this wedding maybe for other reasons but love.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/644400_Screen-shot-2012-02-19-at-1_44_44-AM_jpg877d53c3c1855d252148e33dd550bbe7[/img]

konji1:
Love is a wonderful thing... Look at them looking so cute and happy together! grin grin

Source: http://www.melogist.com/checkout-this-cute-couple-on-their-wedding-day-photos/

come and see this love oo cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3365650_couplemelogist_com1_jpeg2d6300dad0dd658f7d40a64bc7e45d89

1 Like

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by DAntivirus: 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ritchiee:

Big ups for Ambode for supporting technology.Other governors should emulate him.I even read today that a firm in Ibadan is also producing kerosine,alum etc from plastic wastes.Technology is the key.BIG UPS TO NIGERIAN TECH TEAM.

Bros, abeg, take am easy... Ahh ahh. The ZOBO is just too cold!
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by niofa(m): 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
Vote for Oloruntoba Alo (me) on the Etisalat Photograghy Competition 2016. Kindly visit http://photo.etisalat.com.ng/vote to vote for my pictures. Just click on 'vote' wherever you see my name...Oloruntoba Alo. Thanks alot...and kindly re-bc.
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by CHYMZZY(m): 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
I first did this as my final year project in Adamawa state university in 2010, when i was hustlin' for my first degree..
Even my lecture frowned at it...
Manage to install and show some localé the technique for genaratin' another source of energy through decomposition of animal waste (was usin' cow dungs as of then) in the abscence of oxygen, but i werent makin' much ground coz and some feel like what tha heck am i doin with cow dung and who have time for this shit...
I was fustrated and abandon the project...
But just NEGODU! The same project na enye this niggazz 5million.. Such is life
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by EternalTruths: 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
anonimi:

I guess that you have not heard that a rich man among six poor one makes ALL of them a GROUP of poor people who will easily be oppressed by a group of rich people. Or have you heard that before?
Is it not sheer stupidity for a politician like Dino Meleaye to buy an expensive cars that he will drive over bad roads because we allow him to pay himself too much money that could have been used to FIX and maintain the roads?
Why are we black people such empty skulls and lazy bimbos?
Why?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/294278_chinainafrica_jpgbd4ea16cc6391fffe329bb549e5ad537

I am not saying you have no point but my point centers more on technological empowerment.
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by segepol10(m): 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
Gud for them as they discover their talent on time
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Ritchiee: 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
idensko:

Aluminum
And kerosine from plastic waste?

That will be 9th wonders of the world

After buhari.

Basic chemistry will tell you that it is impossible
GO AND READ IT HERE ..

..An Ibadan-based firm, Educational Advancement Centre (EAC) has produced kerosene, diesel and alum from waste plastic and cans, instead of crude oil.
The discoveries were launched during an exhibition at Bodija, Ibadan headquarters of the firm. The exhibition also featured showcasing of some educational materials, including software and other educational technological materials.
Oyo State Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Prof. Adeniyi Olowofela, who participated in the exhibition said creativity of the firm has shown that Nigeria has a great future.
Director of the firm, Muyiwa Bamgbose assured that the products would reduce environmental destruction through the use of non-degradable materials as raw materials.

http://sunnewsonline.com/firm-produces-kerosene-diesel-alum-from-waste/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by crypta007(m): 9:49pm On Sep 15, 2016
You are not hating yet you disrepute their work , you claimed the discovery is not new that the process is online yet you didn't do it instead you are here bragging to be a chemical engr. Hu ur xemical Engineering don epp[i][/i]
callmescandy:
Hmmm thank God for them it's a nice thing and kudos to me Ambrose fr encouraging dem

But I am not hating but those things ain't new inventions they are burned out gas present in waste nylon, rubber and any plastic and other component added with other gases you get what you want the steps in doing dem are online and in the library so it isn't something new!!

Kudos to them shaaa just speaking base on my field of study as a chemical engineer!! Nd still studying thanks
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
Good gesture, however things like this shouldn't be a one time political gimmick, reward for ingenious ideas should be part of the system on a permanent basis.
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by musicwriter(m): 9:59pm On Sep 15, 2016
Good job by Ambode!

This's exactly the type of investment the Nigeria government should've been doing in mass over the years. Imagine if these students are able to produce just 1 million units of that equipment and sell it. This would reduce kerosine use, free up some watts from the national grid, reduce fuel import, save us some dollars at the CBN and our national reserve, e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by socrates007: 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
idensko:

Aluminum

After buhari.

aluminum is not same with alum.One is a compound the other is an element
your basic chemistry should have told you ths
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by jaycool01(m): 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
good move
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Ritchiee: 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
EternalTruths:

Is possible it has been achieved in India.

If you heat plastic waste in the absence of oxygen and presence of Nitrogen and some catalysts at 400°C you will get plastic fuel which is C13.8 H28..... Which is close to diesel which is C12H26.

If you further heat it, you will get lighter hydrocarbons like kerosene, petrol etc.

lol...you too dey romance google too much. cheesy
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Perfecttouch(m): 10:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
supersystems:
May God help talented people o. Common biogas 5M that i play with the design on my daily.

God dey..Lol
my broda I am as surprised as u are. Ordinary biogas that I produced and biofuel during my IT not even project o. Even the extract is used as fertilizer na him dem dash people 5m for so o. God had his way of doing things sha.

I rep agric&biosystems engineering sha
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Azord(m): 10:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
seapson:
I blame buhari...
HOPE NOTHING. YOU ARE TOTALLY OFF POINT. OR U JUST WANT ATTENTION.
HERE IT COMES
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
Perfecttouch:
my broda I am as surprised as u are. Ordinary biogas that I produced and biofuel during my IT not even project o. Even the extract is used as fertilizer na him dem dash people 5m for so o. God had his way of doing things sha.

I rep agric&biosystems engineering sha

What if we now extract materials from the ocean make bleach detergents salt laxatives ointments roofing materials etc. to quote a few it means we get 50 billion na

1 Like

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Lamasta(m): 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
idensko:

Aluminum

After buhari.

Bro Plastics are made from polymers and polymers are made from hydrocarbons and hydrocarbons are organic compounds that contained hydrogen and carbon. So its possible to produce kerosene from plastic or have you forgotten what we call recycle? When plastic is recycled coupled with other reactions hydrocarbons are produced and kerosene is an hydrocarbon with a high boiling point. Thats why you need understanding of basic chemistry if I go advance you no go understand
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Carter4luv(m): 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
father figure the governor e b to me, as we discover biogas na e cum dash money. now ponds and dollar me and guy they take shower ooo.
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by IamSimi(m): 11:49pm On Sep 15, 2016
Afonjas are always supportin new technology
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:01am On Sep 16, 2016
mrvitalis:

Am sure they meant kerosene from plastic and alum... Which is chemically possible.. . Nigeria press are really reporting what the masses want to hear I stead of the truth

My brother, producing kerosine from alum and plastic waste is impossible, it can never happen.
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:03am On Sep 16, 2016
Lamasta:

Bro Plastics are made from polymers and polymers are made from hydrocarbons and hydrocarbons are organic compounds that contained hydrogen and carbon. So its possible to produce kerosene from plastic or have you forgotten what we call recycle? When plastic is recycled coupled with other reactions hydrocarbons are produced and kerosene is an hydrocarbon with a high boiling point. Thats why you need understanding of basic chemistry if I go advance you no go understand
Kerosene possibly.
Aluminum never
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:05am On Sep 16, 2016
socrates007:

aluminum is not same with alum.One is a compound the other is an element
your basic chemistry should have told you ths
Alum or aluminum none can be gotten from plastic waste
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Standing5(m): 12:14am On Sep 16, 2016
mrvitalis:

Am sure they meant kerosene from plastic and alum... Which is chemically possible.. . Nigeria press are really reporting what the masses want to hear I stead of the truth
I have seensimilar feat on youtube. It was an Indian guy then.

1 Like

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by iykman360(m): 2:06am On Sep 16, 2016
God bless Lagos state

For science students in the house, why kill yourself over a math problem when you have a channel that can solve and deliver the solutions to you in either video or written format.. Please kindly visit www.kalmaths..com for the solution to all "well maybe almost" all your mathematics problems..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zainab Aliyu, Ibrahim Abubakar Arrive Kano From Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Fayose And Bola Tinubu Shake Hands At Akeredolu's Swearing-In Ceremony (Photos) / We Are Compiling Results, BVAS Was Perverted - Labour Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.