Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,392 members, 7,881,425 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:16 PM

I Was Offered Bribe To Step Down For Ondo PDP Candidate - Arigbede - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Offered Bribe To Step Down For Ondo PDP Candidate - Arigbede (507 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida Tells Buhari To Step Down In 2019 For Digital Leadership / Nasiru Salisu Zango Rejects N700,000 Bribe To Kill A Story In Kano. Photos / Olusegun Agbaje: I Was Offered N500Million To Rig Election By PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Offered Bribe To Step Down For Ondo PDP Candidate - Arigbede by Stargists(m): 5:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
A governorship candidate in the forthcoming election in Ondo state, Roland Arigbede, has vowed not to step down for the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Eyitayo Jegede ahead of the exercise.

A report by The Nation shows that Arigbede may not have mentioned Jegede’s name, but said he would not drop his own ambition in favour of the candidate reportedly sponsored by Governor Olusegun Mimiko.
Arigbede promises to tackle Jegede during the Ondo election

Mimiko is believed to be behind Jegede’s ambition while in the All Progressives Congress (APC), there has been crisis following the emergence of Oluwarotimi Akeredolu as the party’s flagbearer.

Arigbede who is the candidate of the Peoples Redemption Party (PRP) in the state, said he had been offered money to drop his ambition in favour of the PDP candidate but that he rejected the offer.

The politician said he was in the race to turn the state around and make it an envy among all the states of the federation adding that his party would resist any attempt to rig the election.

Arigbede, who also urged President Muhammadu Buhari to tackle the economic challenges facing the country, did not however mention the names of those who allegedly tried to induce him.

http://www.gisttrace.com/2016/09/i-was-offered-bribe-to-step-down-for.html

cc lalasticlacla, Seun

Re: I Was Offered Bribe To Step Down For Ondo PDP Candidate - Arigbede by Stargists(m): 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
cc ; lalasticlacla
Re: I Was Offered Bribe To Step Down For Ondo PDP Candidate - Arigbede by Stargists(m): 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
hmm
Re: I Was Offered Bribe To Step Down For Ondo PDP Candidate - Arigbede by Stargists(m): 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2016
cc ; lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Strife Imminent In APC As Tinubu Demands Oyegun's Resignation / Se‎nate Proceedings For Thursday 6th October 2016.* / Sen. Uwajumogu Hits The Ground Running, Says He Will Focus More On Agriculture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.