Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,121 members, 7,973,779 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:42 AM

‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ (5581 Views)

Buhari, Obama, Ban Ki-Moon At UN General Meeting (Photos) / Buhari And His Entourage After Addressing The UN General Assembly (Photos) / President Buhari Feeling Relaxed At UN General Meeting (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by sodconfirm: 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2009
bidemi12:

@sodconfirm   Apart from Nigeria, which country do you know that does not do things for their own self interest?

Almadinijad and Hugos Chaves are doing it for its people but majority of its citizens do not knw because they want to be western,, The more serious ones who are fighting to rule their country themselves so as to retain their cultures and traditions were labeled as terrorists and fought from all angles using U.N, world powers and the international community to cover their evil deeds, I am talking about the Talibans, Yemeni rabels, the hamas members in GAZA trying to form a Palestinian state, did that answer your question?
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by uniknet: 2:44pm On Oct 12, 2009
This is the most unintelligible comment I have heard from someone who is supposed to be representing a constituency. Before we start castigating Obama and Clinton,
Nobody is diputing the fact that Nigeria is the No.1 peacekeeping Nation in Africa.

lets look at the facts again;

1. Is 80% of our wealth in the hand of our past corrupt leaders? VERY CORRECT
2. Since Yar'adua assumed office, how many past corrupt leaders have EFCC tried and convicted? NONE
3. Did Ghana beg or solicit Obama to visit them? NO

The US just want Nigeria to be more aggressive in its fight against corruption, but how do our leaders respond? Shunning the US Assembly as if its an Obama Assembly.
Its true that in terms of peacekeeping, Nigeria is the best in Africa and it ought to be respected for that. But that should not mean that because we maintain peace in Africa, people should not advise us when we are going down the drain (which is what we have been doing since Yar'Adua assumed office).
Ghana put their house thats why they are now attracting world leaders. Thats exactly Nigeria should strive at instead of all this crying and whinning from our politicians
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by Haksalam(m): 2:46pm On Oct 12, 2009
Did they miss him there? We should wake up in thus country. diplomacy ko, protest ni. ( long hiss), angry
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by dafman10(m): 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2009
chosen04:

So Yar'uda wants Obama to Visit Nigeria by all means? So that he will tell him "that meeting Him(Obama) is the greatest and best moment of his life. Meeting you is a miracle that i will forever treasure as far as i live"

Just like he said visting White house when he was recieved by George Bush was "a honour he will never 4get in life"

Over all, Tom ATEKE's acceptance of his amnesty was his 2009 treasured independence gift.

Yar'dull pls wake up!!!!

True talk my brother. Dat Kastina man is something else.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by palmwine(m): 2:50pm On Oct 12, 2009
Nigerian and sycophancy! When did a member of house of rep become the media spokes person to the President. I'm sure he is seeking some favour.
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by Fhemmmy: 3:36pm On Oct 12, 2009
I will like to know if the UN body even noticed his absence, by the way, America has not refused to recognize Nigeria`s role in the peace keeping, but Nigeria is only being told to be honest, transparent and stop stealing the food for the kids and giving them to the dogs.
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by nethacker(m): 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2009
palmwine:

Nigerian and sycophancy! When did a member of house of rep become the media spokes person to the President. I'm sure he is seeking some favour.
yep you r right grin grin

Fhemmmy:

I will like to know if the UN body even noticed his absence, by the way, America has not refused to recognize Nigeria`s role in the peace keeping, but Nigeria is only being told to be honest, transparent and stop stealing the food for the kids and giving them to the dogs.
so true so so true my brother.We dnt hv a president @ all.wat we hv a local government council chairman grin grin
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by Fhemmmy: 3:47pm On Oct 12, 2009
nethacker:

so true so so true my brother.We dnt hv a president @ all.wat we hv a local government council chairman grin grin

If i have this kinda dumb man as a chairman, i will be visiting his office, cos i have access to him, this guy has no vission, no mission, and infact, no anything.
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by Alxmyr(m): 3:48pm On Oct 12, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Must some people talk and show how foolish they are? Even fools are judged wise when they keep quiet,
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by theviper1: 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2009
with statements and mentalities like these,u can now see why a ghanaian (@osupru) said on NL that even a dog wont desire to be a nigerian.
an (dis)honourable memeber publicly made this statement, what did he and his sick master had for dinner for crying out loud? the Libyan ruler took over an hour of UN time to say his piece, the Iranian dictator was all about the injustices of the west to smaller countries and how he will be happy to wipe Isreal outa this planet. so why didnt our president go there and atleast use his time to castigate Obama and the US goverment. that way his voice would have been heard rather than this childish way.
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by MrCrackles(m): 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2009
YaRAdua is a goat. . .
Does he think the US regard him grin
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by nethacker(m): 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2009
MrCrackles:

YaRAdua is a goat. . .
Does he think the US regard him grin

yes seconded. grin I dnt think he understands ur 2nd line grin
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by redsun(m): 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2009
But why is a terminally sick man be in charge of a sick nation?That guy doesn't feel sorry for himself at all,he should be in bed 24/7 and leave the game for the able.
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by otukpo(f): 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2009
"Ochanja amaghi na otu onye abiaghi ahia"
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by redsun(m): 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2009
otukpo:

"Ochanja amaghi na otu onye abiaghi ahia"

Come again please.
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by Goldmind1(m): 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2009
Another sign that Nigeria is a failed country.

2 solutions await Nigeria. Either true federalism (resource control, Sovereign National Conference or whatever you call it) or breaking up.
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by okeey(m): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2009
oh my goodness
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by otukpo(f): 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2009
Na here we know say Yar A no attend the meeting. Am sure the assembly went on well without noticing or feeling the absence of Yar A.
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by olalekan1(m): 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2009
Hillary Clinton said it all that theproblem we are having in this country is due to BAD LEADERSHIP so I think Mr. President was just too shy to defend that since he knew it well and surely that Hillary Clinton was right. I heard he sent someone to represent him. May God heal the sick president of a sicked nation.
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by nethacker(m): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2009
olalekan1:

Hillary Clinton said it all that theproblem we are having in this country is due to BAD LEADERSHIP so I think Mr. President was just too shy to defend that since he knew it well and surely that Hillary Clinton was right. I heard he sent someone to represent him. May God heal the sick president of a sicked nation.
Amen oo
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by totalfact(m): 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2009
The man is wasting time all around!
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by ocelot2006(m): 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2009
Well, I don't think the FG should be bothered about President Obama not visiting the country. It's his choice, and I feel its a bit childish for us to whine about it. However, I do have an issue with Hillary Clinton's visit and I totally support the possible pullout from the UN operations in Darfur. As a matter of fact, it's about bloody time. We have the largest contingent there and have lost a number of soldiers there. Despite these sacrifices, the UN bypasses Nigeria to head that mission, even though the Nigerian General slated for that post came out tops in the interview held in New York. Bring our boys home.

By the way, I believe the US have been begging us for troops for the forthcoming operation in Somalia. It's about time we also scrap that. Let them find someone else.
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by becomrich15: 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2009
It is people like Oke, that have put yar adua into trouble.

PUT YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER.

They are only trying to get obama in nigeria, to make rigging the next election easy.

No man is born with power. People should get that into thier head. No man is born to rule the other by force. Leave Obama alone.

If you remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state into Benin republic to avoid the killing of 15,000,000 nigerian. I can tell you Obama and even many president would visit nigeria.

You see it is Nigeria word against the rest of the world. The rest of the world is saying there are satellite pictures that prove you people rig election and census.

And instead of you people agree with the rest of the world. You claim the rest of the over 6 ,000,000, 000 people are wrong. That satellite pictures are wrong.

You have pride, useless pride. Why would nigeria stand up in support of fraud census. If the rest of the world is standing up in support of true census. And you are only interested in fraud. why blame the world for your problem.

Is it Obama fault that you refused to agree that the census and election are fraud?  No. it is not Obama fault.

Look. I am a nigerian. I do understand what may be the affect of census and election rigging in Nigeria. That why myself and many are asking to remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state into Benin republic now . to avoid problem before the election.

The satellite picture are not good. In short there is no way a northerner can win the election, even in nigeria again. why not listen to wise advice. And leave obama alone.

Face what we need to do, republic the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state into benin republic. And I can tell you. Nothing would happen, the igbos would not opposite it. The longer you wait the more difficult it becomes.

Do you want to have people killed before you listen.
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by ilohim: 5:20pm On Oct 12, 2009
This our President is an international disgrace;like someone has rightly asked,does he think Obama will notcie his absence?!

Come to think of it,no be sickness make am no go for the meeting?

Why are they lieing? Moreso, what has he got to offer there?

Its even better he didnt go.
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by redsun(m): 5:20pm On Oct 12, 2009
otukpo:

Na here we know say Yar A no attend the meeting. Am sure the assembly went on well without noticing or feeling the absence of Yar A.

I got u,we call it afia.
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by GoldCircle: 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2009
I somewhat agree with Yar'adua on this sha! But the guy shouldn't have gone to Saudi Arabia. That in my opinion was extreme!
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by Utaroz(m): 5:25pm On Oct 12, 2009
While the President is sulking for non-recognition in peace keeping efforts (among other percieved grievances), some Nigerian soldiers that came back from such missions, and agitated for their allowances have commenced serving their Life Prison Sentence!

I am persuaded to believe the comment was just a poor ruse to cover for the real reason behind Yar Adua's embarassing absence!
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by redsun(m): 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2009
Can you imagine how embarrassing it will be for a sick looking man like yaradua to be in a gathering like that?

It is more to do with liver(guts)rather than bluff,he is sick and it is bound to affect his psych,decisions and judgement.
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by enuguboy: 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2009
Bros our president is tring. Always making a mountain out of a mole hill. If Yar'adua is attack ling national issues like these believe me nija go better pass  America embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed.
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by Guylan(m): 5:58pm On Oct 12, 2009
So this is how our so called leaders rulers think. Well, with these guys, there's no hope in Nigeria
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by Nezan(m): 6:04pm On Oct 12, 2009
huh? which kain diplomacy be dis?
Re: ‘why Yar’adua Shunned Un General Assembly’ by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 12, 2009
Oh my God! I bet my 3 year old kid would do better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Close Your Account With Access Bank – Activist Tasks Nigerians / INTERVIEW: Junaid Is Preparing Ground For Another Civil War – Elliot Uko / Biafra: We Will Attack Nigeria If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Release Within One Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.