Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,804 members, 7,909,094 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 05:25 PM

***PICS*** This Country Was Worse Than Nigeria Now No MALARIA AGAIN!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / ***PICS*** This Country Was Worse Than Nigeria Now No MALARIA AGAIN!!! (535 Views)

Gastroenteritis And Malaria Killed 62 People In Kogi / I Feel Feverish, Headache, Bodyache And No Malaria And Typhoid Detected / Bird Flu In 7 States In Nigeria Now (See List Of States) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

***PICS*** This Country Was Worse Than Nigeria Now No MALARIA AGAIN!!! by tymdan(m): 10:57am On Sep 22, 2016
The World Health Organisation has certified that Sri Lanka is a malaria-free nation, in what it called a truly remarkable achievement.

WHO regional director Poonam Khetrapal Singh said in a statement that Sri Lanka had been among the most malaria-affected countries in the mid-20th century.

But, the WHO said, the country had begun an anti-malaria campaign that successfully targeted the mosquito-borne parasite that causes the disease, not just mosquitoes. Health education and effective surveillance also helped the campaign.

Malaria vaccine study raises questions about effectiveness and dosage
“Sri Lanka’s achievement is truly remarkable,” the WHO statement said.

“The change in strategy was unorthodox, but highly effective. Mobile malaria clinics in high-transmission areas meant that prompt and effective treatment could reduce the parasite reservoir and the possibility of further transmission.”

It said no locally transmitted cases of malaria had been recorded in the country for three-and-a-half years.

To prevent parasites re-entering the country, the anti-malaria campaign is working with local and international partners to maintain surveillance and screening, it said.

Re: ***PICS*** This Country Was Worse Than Nigeria Now No MALARIA AGAIN!!! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
Somebody with an idea should please tell me what health officials spray in urban environments to kill mosquitoes. Everytime a report on Zika is broadcast on BBC one sees health officials carrying about tin cans emanating a white mist. What gas is this? I know for sure it's not regular insecticide as it causes no ill effect to handlers and onlookers. One report mentioned it was steamed water but I don't know whether to believe. I need to know the exact material so I can concoct the same, mosquitoes in my locale make me dread night times.

(1) (Reply)

Doctors In The House Please Help / Health Benefits Of Apples / 2 Year Old Boy Undergoes Three Hours Operation To Remove An Electrical Power Plu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.