Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,417 members, 7,904,544 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 03:18 PM

Fashion Mistakes People Make - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion Mistakes People Make (27284 Views)

See Top 10 Fashion Mistakes To Avoid At All Cost!!! (photos) / Men's Fashion Mistakes To Avoid / 2012 In Review: Celebrity Fashion Mistakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 28, 2006
@ThiefofHearts

Ofcourse, why would I wear flip-flops with socks outside?. . . Unless there was an emergency fire in my home or something. grin
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by diddy4(m): 2:39am On Dec 28, 2006
what do we say to ladies that show us their gross belly buttons when they aint got no abs. ewwwwww
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:00am On Dec 28, 2006
your african ancestors get abs? tongue
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by diddy4(m): 3:02am On Dec 28, 2006
lol, that was a good one but my ancestors never showed their bellies the way some girls dey show theirs today.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:09am On Dec 28, 2006
lol. LIAR! They did show bellies with the beads around their waists! grin
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by diddy4(m): 3:21am On Dec 28, 2006
lol, ahhh, i forgot but the guys back then didnt know what abs were. grin
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:22am On Dec 28, 2006
I'm sure they still wouldnt care!  tongue It's all about the ass!
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by diddy4(m): 3:24am On Dec 28, 2006
lol, i doubt if they knew about that ass. i think it was the mammary glands. grin
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:51am On Dec 28, 2006
well mammaries are good too. tongue
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by diddy4(m): 3:58am On Dec 28, 2006
lol, you so funny girl. aiight aiight, you win but still some girls need to hide that pot called belly. grin grin
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by Nobody: 3:59am On Dec 28, 2006
ThiefOfHearts:

well mammaries are good too. tongue

After two kids the mammaries start pointing to heaven instead of pointing to the husband. angry
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by diddy4(m): 4:01am On Dec 28, 2006
Donzman:

After two kids the mammaries start pointing to heaven instead of pointing to the husband. angry

**falls off his chair** lmaoooo
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:12am On Dec 28, 2006
suck on your own then. cheesy
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by diddy4(m): 4:15am On Dec 28, 2006
ouch ouch grin grin grin
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by comechop(m): 7:22am On Dec 28, 2006
Make una carry this una discussion go somewhere else abeg. How this this fashion talk get to talking about mammary glands and what not? Seriously, ya'll are outta style :p
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by PTBNaija(f): 6:53pm On Dec 28, 2006
Well, I'm in the US so I can only comment on what I see here. But,

For Guys:
[list]
[li]Clothes that are TOO baggy, like shirts that look like dresses[/li]
[li]Pants that are hanging below your butt and expose your boxers to the world[/li]
[li]Guys that wear make-up, like thick eyeliner (well this is purely my opinion)[/li]
[li]Another opinion of mine, guys that wear tight clothing (especially those that wear female jeans)[/li]
[li]Guys that wear shirts that don't come down enough, I don't know how to explain this one, the shirt is just too short[/li]
[/list]

For Girls (some of these go for both genders, but moreso for females):
[list]
[li]Wearing see through clothing without something underneath[/li]
[li]Not dressing appropriately for your shape and/or size[/li]
[li]Older people trying to dress like teenagers, like the women in their 40's and 50's shopping in the junior section[/li]
[li]Over exposure of skin, either you show a bit up top and not on the bottom, or a bit on the bottom and not up top, BUT NEVER BOTH AT THE SAME TIME!!! (well, unless, well at least not in the daytime lol) wink[/li]
[li]Too much make-up, or just the wrong make-up. People mentioned the whole thing with seeing lip-liner, well also women that wear foundation that is not their skin-color (i.e. too light)[/li]
[li]Women that tweeze their eyebrows too much and end up with a line for an eyebrow.[/li]
[/list]

***NOT DRESSING APPROPRIATELY FOR WHERE YOU ARE GOING!!!*** A lot of the things that I am saying are fashion mistakes, might be completely appriopriate at some occasions, but it's just important to what is appropriate and where. For example, a miniskirt, knee-length shiny black boots, with fishnet stockings, a see through top, and pounds of make-up might be appropriate at a punk-rock concert or on the corner of 12th street at night, but please do not wear that to a furniture store with kids around.
I am in no way saying that the clothing of prostitutes and punk-rockers are the same, it really just depends on more than just that generic outfit

I'm sure there's a lot more than that. And I know I'm not an expert and all of these are purely my opinion.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by 1forall: 10:07pm On Dec 28, 2006
Guys whats with the thick-collared shirts? How did that become a fashion? Personally think theyre offensive to the eye abi what do u think?
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by diddy4(m): 10:41pm On Dec 28, 2006
1forall:

Guys whats with the thick-collared shirts? How did that become a fashion? Personally think theyre offensive to the eye abi what do u think?

you are kidding right? undecided
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by 1forall: 12:05pm On Dec 29, 2006
Oh I suppose you wear them, how does it feel? They remind me of sci-fi movies.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by segedoo(m): 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2006
gals with well manicured nails fingering their nostrils - absolutely unpardonable. the 2 don't just go together

exposing belly buttons that protrude

belts that hang out of their holes

(for naija folks) shoes with noisy soles resulting from worn out "protectors". who the hell invented those things?

flabby, stubby or muscular gals exposing their arms

dudes wearing footwears with tags on, undecided
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by iice(f): 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2006
Guys with long nails angry Seen lots of those when i was younger, the last finger has a long nail. Abeg who gave them the idea that that is fashionable or remotely sexy?
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by LoverBwoy(m): 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2006
Wearing see through clothing without something underneath
theres no point wearing a see thru when you dont want people to see through wink

dudes wearing footwears with tags on,

yo thats fashion, it will soon catch on, you even leave the price tag on 109.99 fresh!! CHAVISM grin
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by ronnieslimz(f): 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2006
LoverBwoy:

theres no point wearing a see through when you don't want people to see through wink

yo thats fashion, it will soon catch on, you even leave the price tag on 109.99 fresh!! CHAVISM grin

and thats funny grin grin grin
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by diddy4(m): 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2006
LoverBwoy:

theres no point wearing a see through when you don't want people to see through wink

this is hella funny. yeah it is one heck of a fashion. what of the caps? the wear it with 'em tags on.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by comechop(m): 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2006
Its just shows immaturity if u leave the price tags on ur caps or shoes or whatever. I mean seriously,
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by LoverBwoy(m): 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2006
comechop:

Its just shows immaturity if u leave the price tags on your caps or shoes or whatever. I mean seriously,

Nah bruv, after rocking it for 2-3 days carefully, you can return it for a new colour cheesy
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by PTBNaija(f): 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2006
Nah bruv, after rocking it for 2-3 days carefully, you can return it for a new colour

Well then that just shows that you're cheap?
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by LoverBwoy(m): 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2006
PTBNaija:

Well then that just shows that you're cheap?

nope thats part of the whole fashion grin, you heard of chavs?
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by PTBNaija(f): 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2006
Nope, can't say that I have.
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by comechop(m): 8:07am On Dec 30, 2006
You know, I was going thru all the post, and it was interesting to find out that it was mostly guys that had contributions about the fashion mistakes, So it cld mean that our Nigerian sistas dont care about fashion, or mendem have a keener fashion sense and the ladies should take note,
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by jaybaby(f): 2:54pm On Dec 30, 2006
--fat gurls with big tommy on a skimpy top
---fat guys on boot cut grin
---gurls with big faze wearing a big weavon
----faaat gurls on high heel
Re: Fashion Mistakes People Make by snazzydawn(f): 8:43pm On Dec 30, 2006
comechop:

You know, I was going through all the post, and it was interesting to find out that it was mostly guys that had contributions about the fashion mistakes, So it cld mean that our Nigerian sistas don't care about fashion, or mendem have a keener fashion sense and the ladies should take note,

big fat lie! lol, are you sure? I made meaningful contributions too o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Who Wore It Better, Tiwa Savage Or Solange Knowles? / Mercy Atang Wins Miss International World Classic In Florida (Photos) / So Men Are Now Wearing Ugg Boots? Huh?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.