Stats: 3,185,770 members, 7,927,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 10:28 AM

Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. (1548 Views)

Premier League New Kit Special: The Strips Your Team Will Be Wearing For Season / Your Opinion: Which Team Do You Think Will Win The Premier League This Year? / What Epl Team Do You Support ? (2) (3) (4)

Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 8:47am On Oct 14, 2009
Well like the name suggests, this thread is for those that are really in contention when March arrives. It's painful when a team reaches the semis or finals and are knocked out by Chelsea, Barcelona, Man U, liverpool or Arsenal.
Where do you think your team can go one or even two better than last season ? Well for teams like Chelsea i know better officiating would may be have helped their cause(but why didn't they score more goals against Barcelona at the bridge ?). What about injury blighted Arsenal in last season's semis ? Could resting some of the most important players in league games where they were trying to secure a champions league spot have helped ? May be teams should sacrifice and dedicate themselves on one front rather than doing Combos.
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by yousouph(m): 9:14am On Oct 14, 2009
One team will always be better than the other and if there is no mistake, a team will not win or lose. Why did Man U lose in the final?
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 9:21am On Oct 14, 2009
A Man U fan will tell you it was probably bad officiating in the Semis that saw Fletcher being 'wrongfully ' off. What if Park hadn't started and Ferguson started a higher profile 11 with the Tevez that was more used to the bigger occasion
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by bamsshegz8(m): 11:43am On Oct 14, 2009
its simple,
because barca are always better than them, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2009
Barca are always better who ? I take it you mean English clubs eh ?
Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U have all knocked Barca out of UCL in the last 5 seasons FYI.
Anyways your Barca are current champions so it means they can as well forget Europe, well unless they wouldn't mind Europa cup. cool
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by bamsshegz8(m): 12:24pm On Oct 14, 2009
am d current champion and my player is gonna be the best soon,
even am defending the cl, watchout, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 12:58pm On Oct 14, 2009
CR7 was world footballer of the year when his team were disgraced in 2009 final.
When last did the team with the best player in the world carry UCL ?
As for me, Barca should have held on to Eto and Hleb, and then added a CB. If they had done this i'd have given them a chance.
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by bamsshegz8(m): 1:33pm On Oct 14, 2009
u knw spain is a home of racism
so dat is the case of eto
but we have a good replacement, ibra,
as for hleb he never blend so he has to move on,
we dont need ur support
just watch and see am defending the cl @my enemies ground, bernabeu grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by khanye(m): 2:14pm On Oct 14, 2009
edoyad:

Barca are always better who ? I take it you mean English clubs eh ?
Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U have all knocked Barca out of UCL in the last 5 seasons FYI.
Anyways your Barca are current champions so it means they can as well forget Europe, well unless they wouldn't mind Europa cup. cool

2 CL finals Against English Clubs = 2 Cups (4 goals, 1 against)
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by bamsshegz8(m): 2:19pm On Oct 14, 2009
@khanye
tanks bro
help me tell them
i knw they would not lisen
we are always better, cool cool cool cool
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2009
Of course Barca have been the best or 2nd best(Milan) in Europe this decade, but i'm telling you that retaining that trophy is almost impossible considering the teams that are also after it. All teams know they have to beat Barca and being in the spotlight is difficult. Man U almost did it but see how they were dismembered in the Final, i can't still believe that game only ended 2 - 0
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by khanye(m): 3:13pm On Oct 14, 2009
edoyad:

Of course Barca have been the best or 2nd best(Milan) in Europe this decade, but i'm telling you that retaining that trophy is almost impossible considering the teams that are also after it. All teams know they have to beat Barca and being in the spotlight is difficult. Man U almost did it but see how they were dismembered in the Final, i can't still believe that game only ended 2 - 0

We d best, you wont believe it cool
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2009
You mean, WERE the best wink
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by bamsshegz8(m): 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2009
we're the best, smiley grin champions,
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 3:51pm On Oct 14, 2009
Qualify for next round first. Because Eto and the boys you're facing next have got plans for you grin
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by bamsshegz8(m): 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2009
eto can't do nothin @italy
so he would do somethin @ spain
ridiculous, cry
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2009
Do you remember how long it took Eto to start banging those goals when he first went to Barca ? What happened at the end of that season ?
Besides He's not under any pressure to start scoring at the moment. Mo brought him to Inter cos of UCL and you know that doesn't really start till next year. That is unless you're a Bundesliga fan grin
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by galatico(m): 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2009
The defence was really pathetic and the mildfield .
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 6:25pm On Oct 14, 2009
Galactico i don't know if you're allowed on this thread o.
When last did you guys smell semifinal ? grin grin
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by khanye(m): 6:43pm On Oct 14, 2009
edoyad:

You mean, WERE the best wink

yeah man, I got it (We d best) from DJ Khaled!
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 7:51am On Oct 15, 2009
^ DJ Khleb kini ?
Where will DJ Khleb be when you start meeting English clubs ? grin
". . .cos we taking over, one trophy at a time. . "
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2009
AZ Alkmaar, prepare to be blown away. Arsenal are shining so brightly i need to put on cool heh heh

Raul has to be one of the greatest players ever. I've just seen him score two goals. The guy has been doing this consistently for the 11 seasons I've known him. The guy's already record goal scorer in champions league and still counting.
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 8:36am On Oct 18, 2009
Poor Chelsea and Liverpool seem to be clueless at this point of the season. Liverpool're dropping points on all fronts while Chelsea are atleast holding their own in Europe.
Manchester United have been doing good so far, But the departure of CR7 is still very apparent anytime you watch them play. The disgrace at Rome is still hanging over Man like "i can see your halo. . ." grin

Arsenal on the other hand are glowing cool . Theo's injury is a concern to Wenger but for the first time in a while he won't have any problem filling the role he played considering he hasn't even been first choice for that position in the first place. Nasri's soon to back and Ramsey's knock is getting ever louder. Heck even forgotten Denilson's out cos of choices available.

Barca looked sharp against Valencia but failed to find the net, though they still top la liga so they go into their match with peace of mind. Guardiola's beginning to see the other side of football when teams don't see you as a black horse, "so get ready for Molue packing unlike last season pep".
AC milan , Chai . . .

GOING BY THE TREND IN THE UCL IN THE LAST FOUR SEASONS, THESE ARE THE ONLY CLUBS WORTH MENTIONING
tongue
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by chic2pimp(m): 11:17am On Oct 18, 2009
edoyad:

Barca looked sharp against Valencia but failed to find the net, though they still top la liga so they go into their match with peace of mind. Guardiola's beginning to see the other side of football when teams don't see you as a black horse, "so get ready for Molue packing unlike last season pep".
AC milan , Chai . . .

GOING BY THE TREND IN THE UCL IN THE LAST FOUR SEASONS, THESE ARE THE ONLY CLUBS WORTH MENTIONING
tongue
Going by the same trend only a few teams have actually won the competition itself cool.

BTW, I hope u did not just say Valencia packed the bus? undecided
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 11:37am On Oct 18, 2009
Going by the same trend only a few teams have actually won the competition itself Cool.

BTW, I hope u did not just say Valencia packed the bus? Undecided

To be honest with you, they didn't do the conventional parking of bus but they put a lot of men behind Messi. They kept pulling his jersey and the ref didn't card them for it.
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by chic2pimp(m): 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2009
edoyad:

To be honest with you, they didn't do the conventional parking of bus but they put a lot of men behind Messi. They kept pulling his jersey and the ref didn't card them for it.
Valencia defended well but they certainly did not put a lot of men behind Messi. Messi just had a bad day in the office that's all. Infact Valencia created the more clear cut chances and shoulda won.
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by Krayola(m): 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2009
Where did Barca go wrong last year? hmmmnn let me see. . . . . . I'll get back to you on that. Can't think of anything right now cool cool grin

still thinkin hard about it. . . . I'll get back to u wink
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2009
Krayola:

Where did Barca go wrong last year? hmmmnn let me see. . . . . . I'll get back to you on that. Can't think of anything right now cool cool grin

still thinkin hard about it. . . . I'll get back to u wink

DONT EVER BRING YOUR ASS IN HERE. DID YOU READ THE TOPIC BEFORE LOGGING IN HERE ? grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by Krayola(m): 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2009
grin I'm a CL hopeful. . . we're doing it again!! cool
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2009
^^^" I'll be dreaming dreaming dreaming "
Tracy Chapman
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by Krayola(m): 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2009
1963 "I had a dream. . . ." MLK

2009. Obama becomes 1st black president.

The great ones make history. . . . Forza Barca cool cool
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 2:53pm On Oct 18, 2009
Krayola:

1963 "I had a dream. . . ." MLK

2009. Obama becomes 1st black president.

The great ones make history. . . . Forza Barca cool cool

Nigeria's rulers dreamt we would all be housed by 2000. grin grin grin

Premier League - Manchester United Top Hooligan Arrest League - Agbero Club / All Football Leagues Daily Betting Tips Predictions! / UEFA Champions League: Quarter-finals Draw Live