Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,792 members, 7,927,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 12:09 PM

Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. (1549 Views)

Premier League New Kit Special: The Strips Your Team Will Be Wearing For Season / Your Opinion: Which Team Do You Think Will Win The Premier League This Year? / What Epl Team Do You Support ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by eyonigger(m): 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2009
edoyad, its quite obvious you created this thread for FC BARCELONA. : cheesy grin
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2009
^ Yes i did. For
Arsenal
Barcelona
AC Milan
Liverpool
Man u
Chelsea
The only teams that have had appearances in the semi final stages over the past 4 seasons. And to be honest, the only teams with a realistic chance of lifting the trophy cool grin
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 10:22am On Oct 21, 2009
Just use your pencils to put a question mark beside Liverpool on that list above. Chai ! That's why i love the UCL sometimes, the so called mighty are made to revisit their conduct. All cocky Barcelona were Rubin's clowns for the night, the one and half good chances they got were converted to goals
What about The Gunners ? While we don't waste money in the transfer market There's another kind of wastage that seems to be common at Emirates. Arsenal and Rvp in particular should have ended that game in the first half. May be it was complacency or the effects of being in an easy group.

I don't know much about some of these tactical stuff but what the hell is "Zonal marking" ? Has any club or country ever adopted it and worked well with it ?
There's a saying that only a mad man keeps repeating the same thing and hopes to get different results. The Liverpool defense is their worst in a decade but It's the same players that used to be fantastic, how come ?
Well Manure and Chavo up next.
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 8:49am On Oct 22, 2009
AC Milan AC Milan.
What can i say ? The list is living up to It's name save for Liverpool. But AC Milan is our focus not Liverpool.
First and foremost i don't know why Ronaldinho played like he was 39 years old when we know he is ten years younger. He did not start running in that match till the 60th minute.
Yes no CR9 for Madrid but Milan were missing Huntelaar too and to be honest Madrid could afford to lose that game but Milan couldn't risk it.
Seedorf and Pirlo were just too much for the Madrid middle in the second half. Milan's experience is golden in european competitions, they usually don't even hit this gear till the 2nd round so that means There's still more to come. If Ronaldinho can get his spark back that team should be watched out for cos they play like they have a plan.
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by dominique(f): 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2009
how come i cant find edoyad's previous posts undecided
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 5:21pm On Oct 22, 2009
Because I've been cleansed of my sins grin
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2009
Yes yes . By this evening the elect would have been raptured. Barca and Inter, nor fall we hand o
As for the rest, undecided well , what can i say ?
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by eyoniggar(m): 6:03pm On Dec 09, 2009
Inter and Barca will go through for sure.
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 11:51pm On Dec 09, 2009
Eyo let me tell you a secret, ssshhhh. The trick is not making into the knock out rounds, It's actually avoiding English clubs for as long as you possibly can wink
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by eyoniggar(m): 12:20am On Dec 10, 2009
eyoniggar:

Inter and Barca will go through for sure.

The emboldened part was prior to kick off of yesterdays match. So there aint no secret you wanna tell me.

Last season, Barcelona was the only team amongst 3 English clubs, yet we clinched the UCL title.

Bro you can tell some other peeps that, not a die hard prophetic Barca Fan like me.
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by edoyad(m): 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
eyo, The UCL will soon be celebrating It's 20th anniversary and no team has retained it yet. May be Barca could do it but i doubt that undecided
BREAKING NEWS : dayo wants to meet Man U . grin .
After an impressive demolition of the Blanconeris on tuesday, Munich strong man, dayo 'the sting' kanu is setting his sights on another visit to Old trafford - against the advice of yours truly ofcourse. Here's wishing him luck in his quest to unleash the
Luftwaffe on Manchester.

Arsenal on the other hand will not be too greedy in hoping to be drawn with, embarassed Stuttgart embarassed . Before y'all start yarning dust I'll have you know Stutgart is a decent team with decent players. With our impending signing of a striker in Jan and with the return of a few casualties, maybe we could put out a fight against stutgart wink
Re: Champions League Hopefuls: Where Did Your Team Do It Wrongly Last Season. by eyoniggar(m): 2:58pm On Dec 10, 2009
Edoyad, I am not 100% confident about retaining the Trophy. But it is sure a possibility.

As far as Bayern is concerned, they are gonna be bounced in the k.o stage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Football Leagues Daily Betting Tips Predictions! / UEFA Champions League: Quarter-finals Draw Live / FA Cup Semis + Prize Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.