Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,995 members, 7,938,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:07 PM

My Father And The Change Administration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Father And The Change Administration (545 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu, His Father And South-East Governors Meet In Enugu (Photos) / Positive Facts About The "Change" Administration / The "Change The Change" PDP Billboard In Makurdi I Saw Today (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father And The Change Administration by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 28, 2016
My father and the Change Administration
It was exactly [1983], in the early hours of the morning, it was announced on the radio and TV, the coup that was led by General zombie (not real name), oust the [Shangri] (not real name) administration On the issue of corruption and the dwindling economy promising to turn around the situation of the country to better the lives of its people while not spearing the officials who had plug their noose to the bullion wells of the country, sucking the riches out of it. To most Nigerians then it’s just another coup in the life cycle of a developing nation which was becoming the norm and most people cared less, well except for the political-class who at once argue the sovereign of democracy.
Then my father (Mr. Ade-gbo) was just a young man who had lived his boyhood in the village and was coming to the city just like most folks do, to hustle and survive. But the brutality he witnessed, and the blood thirsty way the (soldier) ants carried about their duties added a bitter sweet experience to his life. On one of such moment was a time he was waiting for a bus in the garage, and when the bus finally arrived and the conductor shouted “oshodi! Oshodi!! e Wole” within a blink of an eye different folks with different ethnicity, sex and background where having a fierce struggle to get a seat in the bus and those who couldn’t get a seat had to wait for the next available bus, to him that was an eye opener and he concluded in his mind to join in the struggle for the next bus but unknown unto him then, there was program called W.A.I(war against indiscipline) ongoing, so when the bus arrived and parked in front of him, he joined in the struggle for a seat and when the (soldier)ants arrived seeing what happened brought out their koboko (whips) and start to lash the folks who had won a prized seat. (note: a regime that has promised change to better the lives of its people could not effect a positive change in the transport sector and explore other means of transportation as well as revive the dead railway system but was quick and brutal in dealing with people who worked with time and have to be where they have to be in time). That was one of the many brutal and blood thirsty scene that had happened not just to my father but to ordinary folks and activist (FELA KUTI, KEN SAROWIWA, DELE GIWA, ….) alike who are part of the hustle and struggle for their daily bread and freedom .
Present Day, the struggle continues with renewed effort and support of Nigerians plus my father who believe our once baddo General is a changed man and forget they once said this proverb “A leopard cannot change its spots”, as evidence of the [1983] play is still visible even though fighting corrupt officials is the theme of the administration.
WHERE IS THE CHANGE? In the lives of ordinary Nigerians who want bread on their table, security and employment.
And According to Nigeria political scripture: you have two years to work, out of a four year rule and the remaining two years to campaign for reelection, so I fear he has nothing to offer.
Nigerians rejoiced when general zombie was overthrown and will rejoice again in 2019 when the tyranny, nepotism, and economy barrenness he is oust.

(dammy.loye)

Re: My Father And The Change Administration by oganology33(m): 7:57pm On Sep 28, 2016
Lemme tell u da truth. . . No comment. Cos I ddnt read
Re: My Father And The Change Administration by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 28, 2016
oganology33:
Lemme tell u da truth. . . No comment. Cos I ddnt read
U need to electro start ur brain...... If reading is a problem
Re: My Father And The Change Administration by oganology33(m): 6:28am On Sep 29, 2016
dammyloye:
U need to electro start ur brain...... If reading is a problem
Reading Poo is a problem, Sir.

(1) (Reply)

The President USA Has Expressed Confidence In The Administration Of Buhari / Mercy Johnson's Husband To Dump PDP For APC In Edo State? / Opinion: Politics Of Biafra And Future Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.