Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,424 members, 7,911,051 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:18 AM

Looking For A Versatile Local Band - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Looking For A Versatile Local Band (707 Views)

Place ORDER For Delivery Of The ANOINTING Water, SCOAN Wrist Band. / History Behind Wedding Ring, Wedding Band And Diamond Rings. / The Death Of Fun In #lagos? Lagos Bans Live Band At Beer Palours, Restaurant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For A Versatile Local Band by pumpqin(f): 6:16am On Sep 30, 2016
Good Morning All,

Please does anyone know of a music band in the East that can perform in both Yoruba and Igbo Languages.

I mean such band who's very versatile with both Yoruba and Igbo songs, especially inclusion of local drums (the talking drum most importantly) . I've got an event coming and I'm looking for a local band ( highlife, gospel, juju, or whatever) could entertain the guests which would majorly comprise the two tribes.

Scammers stay off.
Re: Looking For A Versatile Local Band by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 30, 2016
pumpqin:
Good Morning All,

Please does anyone know of a music band in the East that can perform in both Yoruba and Igbo Languages.

I mean such band who's very versatile with both Yoruba and Igbo songs, especially inclusion of local drums (the talking drum most importantly) . I've got an event coming and I'm looking for a local band ( highlife, gospel, juju, or whatever) could entertain the guests which would majorly comprise the two tribes.

Scammers stay off.
. . . I guess the event will take place in the east?
Re: Looking For A Versatile Local Band by pumpqin(f): 6:30am On Sep 30, 2016
modelmike7:
. . . I guess the event will take place in the east?

Yes, Imo state precisely. Thanks.
Re: Looking For A Versatile Local Band by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 30, 2016
pumpqin:

Yes, Imo state precisely. Thanks.
. . . . Is it that you want different bands to sing or you want the 'same' (one) band that is versatile in igbo and yoruba songs ?
Re: Looking For A Versatile Local Band by pumpqin(f): 6:42am On Sep 30, 2016
modelmike7:
. . . . Is it that you want different bands to sing or you want the 'same' (one) band that is versatile in igbo and yoruba songs ?
For instance, there are right here in lagos bands that could perform using both languages. I've seen couple of them, probably Ibo guyz born and bred in Lagos and can perform for both audiences.

All I'm looking for is "a local band" (emphasis on "a" ) who's versatile "in both igbo and Yoruba" songs but based in the East. It might be a Yoruba group who have lived all their lives in the East. I wouldn't know. Just sourcing for recommendations. Hope you understand now.
Re: Looking For A Versatile Local Band by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 30, 2016
Yes, i understand better now. I only know some in Lagos, not in the east. But i guess they should be in the east also. Goodluck with that sis. Something positive will come up for you hopefully.
Re: Looking For A Versatile Local Band by pumpqin(f): 7:11am On Sep 30, 2016
modelmike7:
Yes, i understand better now. I only know some in Lagos, not in the east. But i guess they should be in the east also. Goodluck with that sis. Something positive will come up for you hopefully.
Thanks. By the way could you pm me info on that one you know in lag? The issue here is budget. Would be too costly transporting a band down there to perform. But who knows, pm me.
Re: Looking For A Versatile Local Band by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 30, 2016
Alright i will, before the end of the day. Will need to get in touch with some one.
Re: Looking For A Versatile Local Band by pumpqin(f): 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
modelmike7:
Alright i will, before the end of the day. Will need to get in touch with some one.

Hello bro, I'm still waiting.

(1) (Reply)

A Humble But Hilarious Advice From A Facebook User Regarding Inlaws / RE: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom (get This Straight Please) / 2 Bedroom @160k.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.