Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,463 members, 7,901,309 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:03 AM

Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News (30191 Views)

2 Groups Engage In Gun Battle Ahead Of Youth Election In Bayelsa State. Photos / Tinubu : The Biggest Political Fool Of 2016 / Asiwaju Tinubu : The Limits Of Political Influence By Joseph Edgar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by AustineE1: 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
The worst form of battle,is the one drawn from within. Tinubu should have known better,the Fulanis are known to be power crazy and expansionist in nature. It entails that PMB must tame Tinubu,to a point of an on-looker.
Tinubu is already worthless,they made him enemy of the greater south(south East and south south),now they are making him enemies of the younger yoruba progressive politicians.....where lies his support in the days of adversity,he is but a pawn in the hands of the Northern hegemony.
Like many past governors,he has a very dirty past and to keep the anti-corruption dog far away,he has to be a willing tool in the hands of the Hausa-Fulani mafias.
Nigeria is pregnant,lets wait for this child of neccessity or the ultimate abortion.
I rest my case.

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by Adonike(m): 9:01pm On Oct 01, 2016
The Jagaban of Africa!!!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by flokii: 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
TPAND:
Tinubu can never float a party that can win Presidency without the help of the North. If you disagree, history is there for you.

APC won because of Buhari's influence in the North. North is the majority, majority they say carry the vote.
If he trickles down his influence and power, Buhari's party will defeat his candidates hands down. Tinubu has lost out. He has learnt the hardway! He is not but a local warrior.

I think you should be bothered about those regarded as 5% instead cos there's nothing for them.. those are d real losers if you ask me

And just so you know, APC will win 2019 elections with or without their support as it stands now.. Enjoy

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by emmykk(m): 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
Pres.Buhari is already hated and rejected by most Nigerians.if APC is going to win they have to change him.

Atiku+ his SS/SE friends and a little from north and s/w will floor Pres.buhari.

if Tinubu discover that Pres.Buhari had a hand in his current predicament.it is just for him to laison with Obj to stop s/w votes from sliding to the wrong hands.

The only thing that can return Buhari or any future APC candidate as president is for them to overlook BAT,let him have his way and use him to win election.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by flokii: 9:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
AustineE1:
The worst form of battle,is the one drawn from within. Tinubu should have known better,the Fulanis are known to be power crazy and expansionist in nature. It entails that PMB must tame Tinubu,to a point of an on-looker.
Tinubu is already worthless,they made him enemy of the greater south(south East and south south),now they are making him enemies of the younger yoruba progressive politicians.....where lies his support in the days of adversity,he is but a pawn in the hands of the Northern hegemony.
Like many past governors,he has a very dirty past and to keep the anti-corruption dog far away,he has to be a willing tool in the hands of the Hausa-Fulani mafias.
Nigeria is pregnant,lets wait for this child of neccessity or the ultimate abortion.
I rest my case.

well.. in my own opinion, I actually think d 'greater south' according to you are d ones at fault.. Tinubu didn't cast all d SW votes, yorubas did..

you can't be an ingrate and still expect support from those that assisted you.. it's not done anywhere
Ur greater south allowed greed and bigotry ruin what they could av achieved.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
The article is full of slanted personal opinions, a hallmark of Nigerian journalism. Tinubu will not leave APC.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by Collins0609(m): 9:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
Tinubu is not to b blamed,but his History Teacher who failed to highlight the story of AFONJA.NOW D EVENT OF YESTER YEARS HAV BCOME D HISTORY OF TODAY

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by ensamy(m): 9:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
Biafrans are watching, no comment.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by Mufasa27(m): 9:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
Maybe it's time for you to consider PDP Asiwaju..
Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by chukagora(m): 9:27pm On Oct 01, 2016
The situation is not just about Tinubu it's abt a conspiracy against the Yoruba nation. The Afenifere as a body should stand with Tinubu if the Yoruba nation will have a chance of overcoming the situation. If the Yoruba people don't act now they will be divided but this will give PDP an opportunity if they can win the coming election in Ondo state.
If by any means Tinubu's power is whittled it will affect the Yorubas in years to come.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by MrPresident1: 9:29pm On Oct 01, 2016
Yoruba and Fulani are parallel lines that will never meet.

But it is all smoke and mirrors, and the people are the spoils of war grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by repogirl(f): 9:41pm On Oct 01, 2016
Tinubu ooooooo!

Anyway I know you are a very smart man. Smarter than Buhari, all his brothers plus the sycophants join.

You will rise again. Your title the jagaban is not just fot mouth... you are worth it. You will keep selling the zombies bullshit and they will keep buying it. We know you have begun strategizing again and soon you will find your feet again ...

But until then....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by rollydex: 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
TPAND:
Tinubu can never float a party that can win Presidency without the help of the North. If you disagree, history is there for you.

APC won because of Buhari's influence in the North. North is the majority, majority they say carry the vote.
If he trickles down his influence and power, Buhari's party will defeat his candidates hands down. Tinubu has lost out. He has learnt the hardway! He is not but a local warrior.
Why did Buhari not win in 2011? remove the south west influence pof Tinubu from the vote and check if the 3million votes will e there.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by OBAGADAFFI: 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
MayorofLagos:

We know...thats why Nduibisi wrote the article, your caustic hatred for Asiwaju's successes.

May Oduduwa continue to bless Asiwaju for us. He has made his mistakes, he will learn from it...but we Yorubas remain steadfastly behind him. If he can defeat PDP from power, he has the secret and intrigues to also defeat APC from power. Through his savviness Yoruba will always have the upper hand in Nigerian politics, Ibo can hate all you want.

My friend speak for yourself.

Lots of us Omo Oodua don't like him.
Why do you think he's been rejected in Ondo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by dachisom(m): 9:46pm On Oct 01, 2016
This is our own version of Game of Throne.
Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by kedeojo(m): 9:47pm On Oct 01, 2016
moufan:
if buhari is not careful of those trying to limit tinubu's influence in the apc,by the time tinubu is through with him,he should start packing out of aso rock come 2019.I wonder how buhari would believe politicians that cannot even win their polling unit will limit tinubu's influence in the southwest. smh.
so he should be having is way all d time. If his candidate had won in the same manner, would he have accepted cancellation. His too ambitious? Politics is like football, u win some and also lose some. Imagine him, working against Fashola as a minister, who many Nigerian's regard just because of his rising profile. I see him as a selfish leader who don't want anybody to b above him in Lagos and entire south west. Haven gotten the slot of vice president, he still wanted to corner senate president and speakership too, just because of his selfishness. APC today is a formation of different political bloc, so there is no way he can bosses over everybody. The way he contributed to d suceess of the part is how other did too. Imagine Ameachi almost laid his life and don't you think if GEJ had won, his treatment would have been worser than Ibori. We also have d likes of Oshiomohle, Okorocha, Elrufai, Saraki and many more who also played very vital role. This set of people cannot bow to Tinubu anyday and anytime but dey will surely respect him for his saagacity and doggedness only if he humbled himself.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by katordidi(m): 9:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
I believe Tinubu can liaise with the warring PDP to oust Buhari come 2019. my opinion tho
Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by CioAngels(f): 9:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
May His grace be on ökö remi to survive. Like pa adebanjo said, i hope tinubu have learn't his lessons?
Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by Jidibia(m): 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2016
timeman:
Abi oloshi ni awon people yini?. Thunder go fire some certain schizophrenics rousing gloomy conspiratorial beerparlour gists. Previously, it was Buhari has lost his body language & some power brokers working assiduously to whittle down his influence. Now it's about Tinubu, the political colossus at the center of contending forces. I repeat egbe baba baba won o tobe. It's APC, coalition of several parties, it's a fight for spoils. Tinubu will win some & lose some, a fact which he has always reiterated. If he could kick Obj & Gej's ass how much less negligible minorities. No time to allow ipods slobber on yorubas. No time for radarada. All Hail Afonja
Obey the truth!
Hmmmm so u called Hausa/Fulani minority? You must be a poor student of history. Ask kwara yorubas they will tell you how fulanis took over their kingdom till date

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by Rick9(m): 10:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
yemaldo:

Let me remind you that Buhari (under cpc and anpp) contested for president 3 times and he lost until Tinubu steps in, where was Buhari's influence when he lost election 3 times back to back
thank you

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by lomaxx: 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2016
This must be the first thread in the politics section I've read without ethnic banter.

Very interesting inputs.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by Ugosample(m): 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
rollydex:
Why did Buhari not win in 2011? remove the south west influence pof Tinubu from the vote and check if the 3million votes will e there.

Just to let you know, the influence of SW votes are overrated...

Nigeria has six geo political zones, and each of these zones pull their own weight, and politicians know it.
To win the presidential elections really, you need to get 25% in 24 states plus majority vote.

With that said, If the SW did not vote for Buhari, and NC voted en mass for Buhari, Buhari will still have won, after all, the SW just gave a margin of 500,000 votes thereabouts, and that could be neutralized easily.

My point is, no region really has the over all say in who become president, that is why they (the candidates) try to reach out across the 6 zones.

Underestimate anyone, and you may pay for it at the polls

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by Jidibia(m): 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2016
kedeojo:
so he should be having is way all d time. If his candidate had won in the same manner, would he have accepted cancellation. His too ambitious? Politics is like football, u win some and also lose some. Imagine him, working against Fashola as a minister, who many Nigerian's regard just because of his rising profile. I see him as a selfish leader who don't want anybody to b above him in Lagos and entire south west. Haven gotten the slot of vice president, he still wanted to corner senate president and speakership too, just because of his selfishness. APC today is a formation of different political bloc, so there is no way he can bosses over everybody. The way he contributed to d suceess of the part is how other did too. Imagine Ameachi almost laid his life and don't you think if GEJ had won, his treatment would have been worser than Ibori. We also have d likes of Oshiomohle, Okorocha, Elrufai, Saraki and many more who also played very vital role. This set of people cannot bow to Tinubu anyday and anytime but dey will surely respect him for his saagacity and doggedness only if he humbled himself.
Nice points there but your work needs editorial fine tuning.
Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by otr1(m): 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
APC has started down the road that is going to take it to dangerous places.
At this time when the economic situation is getting critical by the day, in-fighting and struggle for supremacy and control is the last thing to do.
People are already associating the prevailing economic situation with Buhari. How does the President intend to change this perception before 2019?
If things continue this way and the party refuses to get its acts right, all Tinubu has to do is fold his arms and watch.
People stumble on stone, not mountain

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by SMARTKOSSY: 10:23pm On Oct 01, 2016
sarrki:
Jagaban made Apc

He can liase with other progressive across other

Geopolitical zone

U strongly believe that it won't get to that stage
By d time the Northerners finish with una, no be person go tell una say na dem be una real enemies

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by SMARTKOSSY: 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
Aufbauh:
What i can perceive from all these desperate media speculations was to create a monster within the APC that can pitch Buhari against Tinubu, thereby creating a crack for those 2019 desperados to take advantage of.

Those detractors have forgotten that both PMB and Jagaban are war veterans as they know when to choose their fight and which enemy(s) to fight.
As long as the both are not in contention which they've all have reiterated in the recent past "LAWMA" will take care of the speculation.
oafba u know nothing bout politics

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by cheekyleggy: 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2016
I am with Tinubu

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by LoveJesus87(m): 10:31pm On Oct 01, 2016
AustineE1:
I rest my case.
Well said

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by dayowunmi(m): 10:38pm On Oct 01, 2016
TPAND:

Which buhari's influence in the north? The man has never even won katsina state or Kaduna state where he resided prior to his becoming president. For the last three elections he's lost katsina and Kaduna to the PDP, you may confirm for your self if you don't believe me. If PDP had fielded a northerner buhari may not have won, he's popular no doubt in the north but he's been floored by yar adua in the past

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by Ecosystem4u: 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2016
flokii:

I think you should be bothered about those regarded as 5% instead cos there's nothing for them.. those are d real losers if you ask me

And just so you know, APC will win 2019 elections with or without their support as it stands now.. Enjoy
U have not said anything
Re: Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News by olajizz01(m): 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2016
olawumia:
North centre and south west were the last election winner determinants. If Tinubu didnt do his job very well and Former president had d no of votes hehad in 2011 in Lagos d rest would be history, what happen to his influence in d last 3 elections that he lost. let us wait and see how fashola ll deliver Lagos to APC or Fayemi in Ekiti. In Ondo State I see Olushola Oke winning.

Just leave them my brother,if this conspiracy should continue till 2019 election,the likes of fashola,ibikunle,ajumobi,fayemi will know that they are nothing in SW,that if not with the influence of Tinubu,they wouldnt have been govnor/formal govnor.they will be treated as a traitors by 2019.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Rejects Four Bills Passed By Reps, Gives Reasons / The First 5 Female Judges In Nigeria (Photo) / Ex-Taraba Governor Suntai Suffers Stroke, Abandoned By Govt, Associates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.