Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,190 members, 7,947,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 11:30 AM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (2401 Views)

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by Abuzola(m): 11:15am On Oct 22, 2009
Story, story story, where did jesus said,'i am God worship'
.the same way jesus was the son of god so are you, so whats da difference
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nezan(m): 11:28am On Oct 22, 2009
@abuzola; While I am a child of God, Jesus is the only Begotten Son of God. He bought us with his blood, and made us co-heirs of the kingdom together with Himself. . . . and I wonder when muslims start believing that God has children, when they refer to themselves as slaves of allah.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Abuzola(m): 11:33am On Oct 22, 2009
Begotten ?

David was begotten son of God see psalm 2:7.

Nezan is a liar
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nezan(m): 11:40am On Oct 22, 2009
And did David claim the powers to forgive sins? The Jews wanted to kill Jesus on this claim . . . yes! Jesus forgave sins because He is God! . . . . and when do muslims start calling Dawood, son of God? arent they slaves of allah?
Re: Is Jesus God? by muhsin(m): 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2009
Bored.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Abuzola(m): 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2009
Who is deleting my post.

@nezan, where did jesus forgave sin, show us
Re: Is Jesus God? by theseeker2: 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2009
nezan u have posted a page full of ambigous verses to synthesize your point. All i needed is a simple statment where jesus unequivocally says he is God. There is no religious scripture on the face of the earth where a true God (or even a false one) is afraid of declaring himself. I will leave u with a simple reeponse to your futile attempt to 'create' a God that never was.
" I (jesus) am returning to my Father and your Father, My God and your God"
john 20, 17

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nezan(m): 1:55pm On Oct 22, 2009
[size=18pt]Luke 5: (New International Version)

20When Jesus saw their faith, he said, "Friend, your sins are forgiven."

21The Pharisees and the teachers of the law began thinking to themselves, "Who is this fellow who speaks blasphemy? Who can forgive sins but God alone?" [/size]

@ 'pastor' the seeker; You were analysing Biblical verses, I only quoted these verses so that you will analyse them for me too, or are you suddenly developing cold feets on your analysis?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nezan(m): 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2009
[size=18pt]John 20 : 28, 29

28: Thomas answered Him (i.e. Jesus), 'My Lord and my God!'

29: Jesus said to him: 'Do you believe because you see me? How happy are those who believe without seeing me!'.[/size]
Re: Is Jesus God? by Abuzola(m): 2:16pm On Oct 22, 2009
It still did not change the fact that jesus said,'i am God or worship me'
Re: Is Jesus God? by DeepSight(m): 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2009
Noetic -

I promised you $1 million if you could show me a single verse in the Bible where Jesus himself claimed to be God.

It appears that you either do not like money or you are running away, having realized that Jesus himself never claimed to be God?
Re: Is Jesus God? by theseeker2: 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2009
nezan i can answer your every single post and prove to you that not a single of them confirm the diety of christ. You are either qouoting out of contextt or misinterpreting the text. Jesus too sensed this confusion that is why he said.

"your Father and My Father, your God and my God"

he uses the power of similie to explain his true relationship with God so that even a child can understand. This answers all your past and future questions on the diety of christ.

Nezan pls do urself a favor and dissapear from this thread like your brother noetic did and stop embarrasing urself.
Re: Is Jesus God? by DeepSight(m): 3:11pm On Oct 22, 2009
@The Seeker/ Noetic -

The words of Jesus:

John 8:40: “, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God.”

John 17:3: "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Mark 13:32:"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

John 5:19: "Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does”

John 14:28: "You heard me say,'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

John 20:17: "Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.”

Mark 10:18: “Do not call me good, only God is good.”

John 17:20-23: “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.”

Guys from the foregoing there can be NO DOUBT, that Jesus NEVER, NOT EVEN FOR ONE SECOND, regarded himself as God. Notwithstanding anything the hero-worshipping Apostles will tell you. But even they said a lot to show that they didn’t think so –

1Timothy 2:5: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 1:3: “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Acts 2:22 - “Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.”

Acts 2:36: “God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nezan(m): 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2009
@ the seeker; you choose Biblical verses to quote and neglect others? you have to understand the Bible in whole and not in parts.
Re: Is Jesus God? by DeepSight(m): 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2009
Nezan, since we are talking about understanding the bible "as a whole" what about the numerous verses i quoted above, which all clearly debunk the Trinity
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nezan(m): 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2009
^^ Is this thread about Trinity or about Jesus' Divinity? please stop derailing the OP.
Re: Is Jesus God? by theseeker2: 5:04pm On Oct 22, 2009
nezan, i ignore ambigous statements and assumption and choose to stick to the unequivocal words of christ.

Since the divinity of jesus has been disproved, trinity dies a natural death
or at least we are left with a twinity grin
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nezan(m): 5:35pm On Oct 22, 2009
^^ How can you have an objective view of Christ's Divinity when you choose 'verses' to quote and disregard others.

Who are you to declare Trinity dead when Christians all over the world believe in it? Your meaningless posts here dont make any impact on Christianity and Trinity.

Me-thinks you should have been worrying yourself with the contradictions in the koran which I debated intelligently about that the islamic mods deleted the discussions I had with olabowale. They bastardised the thread and threw it out grin grin grin grin

I didnt know my posts were causing so much ripples among muslims on NairaLand.
Re: Is Jesus God? by cHeMiCaLmEnAnCe: 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2009
Read John1 From the first to the 20th verse. "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with GOD and the word was GOD" Emphasis on, "THE WORD WAS GOD" As you read on, you'll see that the word became Flesh(JESUS) and was sent to save us all.
Don't be confused, JESUS is LORD and HE is GOD. They are one with the HOLY SPIRIT. They are real, always have been, always will be. Reach out to HIM and HE'll touch you just as HE touched me. Please do not let anyone tell you otherwise for that would be putting eternity in jeopardy. I pray for all who seek the answer, I pray that they find it.

Remember, Read John 1:1-20
Re: Is Jesus God? by Abuzola(m): 9:33pm On Oct 26, 2009
Jesus is not God, you people are disgracing the heavenly God, so stop ur blasphemy
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nezan(m): 12:20pm On Oct 27, 2009
^^ Who blasphemed against God? Mohammed who was dubiously ascribing words to allah when he knew he was plagiarising from Christians/Jews/arabic fairy tales or Christians who are trying to lead you to eternal knowledge of God?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Abuzola(m): 1:20pm On Oct 27, 2009
Shame on u, can God die ? Can enemy of God kill God ? Didn't the jews kill the xtrian God on da cross, he even cried, mathew 27:46 hahaha

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nezan(m): 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2009
^^ [size=18pt]Who blasphemed against God? Mohammed who was dubiously ascribing words to allah when he knew he was plagiarising from Christians/Jews/arabic fairy tales or Christians who are trying to lead you to eternal knowledge of God?[/size]
Re: Is Jesus God? by Abuzola(m): 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2009
'verily, it is of their falsehood that they say God has begotten ? And verily they are liars' Quran 37:151-152
Re: Is Jesus God? by alimat2(f): 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2009
Nezan:

@abuzola; While I am a child of God, Jesus is the only Begotten Son of God. He bought us with his blood, and made us co-heirs of the kingdom together with Himself. . . . and I wonder when muslims start believing that God has children, when they refer to themselves as slaves of allah.

Pastor Nezan is this true? Begotten son , Please can u tell us who the Wife that begot this son is?.Meaning that ur god has a wife that begot the son.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nezan(m): 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2009
^ Alhaja, what does your err . . koran say of the virgin birth? are you asking me?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Abuzola(m): 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2009
Nezan is a weird cross worshipper
Re: Is Jesus God? by grace5: 11:44am On Oct 28, 2009
JESUS CHRIST IS THE REVELATION OF ALMIGHTY GOD,THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF GOD,PART OF GOD THE FATHER

COMMITED ALL THING TO HIM ,NOTHING WAS CREATED WITHOUT HIM .HE IS GOD ,EQUAL IN POWER,GLORY MAJESTY.

GOD DWELLS FULLY IN HIM.YOU ARE LOOKING FOR GOD IS JESUS,HIS BLOOD CREATE A PASSAGE IN ETERNITY FOR REBELLIOUS HUMAN RACE.

HE IS THE DOOR,WAY.HIS BLOOD IS THE KEY,PASSWORD TO UNLOCK HEAVEN GATE.

OH HE IS THE GREAT SPRINKLE BLOOD,GREAT EAGLE OF GOD,ENDLESS TREASURE.

HE IS COMING BACK ALL EYES WILL BEHOLD HIM.

THANKS
Re: Is Jesus God? by theseeker2: 1:45pm On Oct 28, 2009
The xtian tells us jesus is begotten not made
they claim Adam and evry other man was made and that jesus was beggoten.
But when we ask, what does this begotten mean? They cant answer, cos deep in their hearts they knw what it implies but they are too ashmed to admit that their God had to condescent to the lower animal function of [b]sex [/b]with a mere mortal!
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nezan(m): 3:03pm On Oct 28, 2009
^^ What you wrote is typical of a perversed muslim mind . . . just like mohammed who was as ignorant and sexually perversed.

The phrase “only begotten Son” occurs in John 3:16, which reads in the King James Version as, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." The phrase "only begotten" translates the Greek word monogenes. This word is variously translated into English as "only," "one and only," and "only begotten."

So what does monogenes mean? According to the Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature (BAGD, 3rd Edition), monogenes has two primary definitions. The first definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship." This is the meaning attached to its use in Hebrews 11:17 when the writer refers to Isaac as Abraham's "only begotten son." Abraham had more than one son, but Isaac was the only son he had by Sarah and the only son of the covenant.

The second definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind." This is the meaning that is implied in John 3:16. In fact, John is the only New Testament writer who uses this word in reference to Jesus (see John 1:14, 18; 3:16, 18; 1 John 4:9). John was primarily concerned with demonstrating that Jesus was the Son of God (John 20:31), and he uses this word to highlight Jesus as uniquely God's Son—sharing the same divine nature as God—as opposed to believers who are God's sons and daughters through faith.

The bottom line is that terms such as "Father" and "Son," that are descriptive of God and Jesus, are human terms used to help us understand the relationship between the different Persons of the Trinity. If you can understand the relationship between a human father and a human son, then you can understand, in part, the relationship between the First and Second Persons of the Trinity. The analogy breaks down if you try to take it too far and teach, as some Christian cults (such as the Jehovah’s Witnesses), that Jesus was literally "begotten" as in “produced” or “created” by God the Father.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Abuzola(m): 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2009
Ladies and gent, be the judge, how can a God be spat and beaten ? See mathew 26:67
Re: Is Jesus God? by theseeker2: 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2009
Nezan:

^^ What you wrote is typical of a perversed muslim mind . . . just like mohammed who was as ignorant and sexually perversed.

The phrase “only begotten Son” occurs in John 3:16, which reads in the King James Version as, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." The phrase "only begotten" translates the Greek word monogenes. This word is variously translated into English as "only," "one and only," and "only begotten."

So what does monogenes mean? According to the Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature (BAGD, 3rd Edition), monogenes has two primary definitions. The first definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship." This is the meaning attached to its use in Hebrews 11:17 when the writer refers to Isaac as Abraham's "only begotten son." Abraham had more than one son, but Isaac was the only son he had by Sarah and the only son of the covenant.

The second definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind." This is the meaning that is implied in John 3:16. In fact, John is the only New Testament writer who uses this word in reference to Jesus (see John 1:14, 18; 3:16, 18; 1 John 4:9). John was primarily concerned with demonstrating that Jesus was the Son of God (John 20:31), and he uses this word to highlight Jesus as uniquely God's Son—sharing the same divine nature as God—as opposed to believers who are God's sons and daughters through faith.

The bottom line is that terms such as "Father" and "Son," that are descriptive of God and Jesus, are human terms used to help us understand the relationship between the different Persons of the Trinity. If you can understand the relationship between a human father and a human son, then you can understand, in part, the relationship between the First and Second Persons of the Trinity. The analogy breaks down if you try to take it too far and teach, as some Christian cults (such as the Jehovah’s Witnesses), that Jesus was literally "begotten" as in “produced” or “created” by God the Father.

Nezan, as usual you have gone round in one big circle. If u tell me jesus is unique as you claim isaac was a unique son of abraham i agree with you. Even though you, i and jesus are all sons of God we must consider jesus as a big brother cos he is more unique and holy than we can ever be.
The problem comes when to try to raise a creature to the level of the creator by ascribing ulterior meanings to  begotten [/b]as different from [b]created. Pls tell us, was jesus created or not?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Call Satan(devil Or Lucifer) A Pig, And A Dog, Is It A Sin / Survival From Crucifixion / It Is Very Wrong For A Woman To Lead The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.