Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,323 members, 7,974,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 11:27 PM

Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? (36760 Views)

Poll: Proud to be a citizen of Nigeria?

Yes: 80% (111 votes)
No: 19% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by nilla(f): 10:53pm On Oct 24, 2006
smiley
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by katherinae(f): 5:53pm On Dec 22, 2006
i am always proud to be a nigerian untill i go home to nigeria, then im just disgusted and upset to be called a nigerian, and to say i come from a place like that
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2006
well am born a nigerian and there's nothing i can do about it. majority of things i see around me really annoys me. But i believe that God kept me here for a purpose so the earlier i get used to it the better. and there's a possibility of a total change, a revolution, a new nigeria(all the signs are right and the prophecies are coming to pass) . People would be proud to be called nigerians
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Kemz(f): 12:28pm On Jan 18, 2007
My father is a nigerian n my mother is from Uganda, n most people wud say im Nigerian with a name lyk Kemi i cant blame them. i dont feel that way because i  dnt know the culture or the language n i have never been there. i wud never deny where im from so im proud to be (half) Nigerian. lol    : grin
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Ndipe(m): 9:10am On Jan 21, 2007
Where in Uganda is your mom from? I have read about Uganda, like the Toro Kingdom, as well as the buganda kingdom. I'd like to visit someday. You have heard of Elizabeth Bagaya of Toro, the current Ambassador of Uganda to the Vatican? Her nephew is the king of Toro.

@Nigerianhat, why all these attack on my country, Nigeria? Those stories about the tourists, being forced to part with his money for staring at skyscrappers in Lagos is, I think, an urban legend that has been around, for quite some time now. And the minister who relieved himself in Ghana cant be true. Leave Nigeria alone, it is unfortunate that you had a bad experience there, but to me, the memories are still nostalgic.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by kiube(m): 10:11pm On Jan 23, 2007
my name's Quincy Birch and i actually have a foreign ancestry but i love to say that i am from Nigeria because i think Nigeria is a very fine country and has a lot of potential. a lot of people do not believe me when i say i am from Nigeria but I still think I can say, anywhere, that i am so proud to be Nigerian cool
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by kiube(m): 10:29pm On Jan 23, 2007
my name's Quincy Birch and i actually have a foreign ancestry but i love to say that i am from Nigeria because i think Nigeria is a very fine country and has a lot of potential. a lot of people do not believe me when i say i am from Nigeria but I still think I can say, anywhere, that i am so proud to be Nigerian cool
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Ndipe(m): 4:27am On Feb 25, 2007
the memories that I experienced in Nigeria was wonderful, and though I have been away from home for a while now, I still regard myself as a Nigerian.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by diyobdw(f): 5:01pm On Feb 26, 2007
Am proud to be a nigerian.
No country without thier flaws.I dont let that bother too much Instead i get involved in activities to show Nigerians got good stuff to offer to the world.
Some body baleje (spoil the house) somebody tunlese( fix the house)

- It is home - and i choose to furnish it
All hail 9ja!

If we all hold someone the world would certainly be holding hand in no time!

i feel white and green at the moment grin

Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 7:03am On Feb 27, 2007
PROUD NIGERIAN.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by dblock(m): 7:04am On Feb 27, 2007
I'm proud to be Nigerian, I take all the problems of Nigeria and put em on my shoulders and to me it's kind of light

[size=13pt][glow=red,2,300]Proud[/glow] [/size]
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 7:23am On Feb 27, 2007
dblock:

I'm proud to be Nigerian, I take all the problems of Nigeria and put em on my shoulders and to me it's kind of light

[size=13pt][glow=red,2,300]Proud[/glow] [/size]

I like that.Well am 9ja till i DIE.I love the Country even with the wahala.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by naijadiva2(f): 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2007
proud nigerian

Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Sassykes(f): 2:59am On Mar 02, 2007
I love being a NIGERIAN, we have a great culture and we are fun people. What's not there to love about Nigerians.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 3:53am On Mar 03, 2007
Crazy about

[flash=200,200]http://NIGERIA[/flash]
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 3:54am On Mar 03, 2007
crazy about nigeria
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Echidime(m): 5:05pm On Mar 03, 2007
why not only fouls hide their nationality
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by lamyem: 5:11pm On Mar 03, 2007
yes oooo!!!!!! am 100 % naija

Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Echidime(m): 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2007
hi

Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 11:55pm On Mar 03, 2007
The Best Country
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 14, 2007
absolutely.i'm proud to be a native of a country
that ranks 3rd in corruption,
has no major product outside of oil,
where we embrace the darkness(PHCN), provide our own water,
where we die in hospitals bc there are no drugs/equipment.,
where citizens are robbed by policemen,
where dishonesty is celebrated(who r the people we see in ovation?)
where it is almost impossible to get ahead.

think about this-can this environment we live in foster companies like microsoft, sony, or toyota?

naa am not proud be a nigerian!!
but we all got 2 make do with the hand we're dealt.
it could b worse after all, i could be from dafur,sudan , rwanda or somalia
viva la nigeria!!!!
the place 2 be(for those who don't know any better)
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by deejay1(m): 10:45pm On Mar 14, 2007
seriously thats how must of people do they tend to tell girls and people in gerneral that they r from jamica i met this girl @ norton hill canival last year and she was wearing the MTN T-shirt u flaging the nigeria flag singin!!! our anthem and guess wat i now saw her again that evening flagging the jamica flag @ first i was like f-ck me!!! so me and my friends walked up 2 her and we had alil chat and we were like where u from and she said nigeria and i was like hmm aite but u flaggin the jamican glag while ma and my friends were flagging the nigeria flag guess wat her name was WUMI!!! not to write alot she just said she feels ashamed when i saw her flagin the nigeria and MTN flag earlier and she feels confortable flaggin the jamica than the nigeria flag since then when i remeber that nite i just feel real bad that while some people be ashamed of where they came from. i feel like why can't they go anf ask god or anything they believe in why they were born in nigeria or to nigerian parents and are sayin they r not nierian its just crazy as ssome1 said 'they r low self esteem baboons'
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by egoldman(m): 10:57am On Mar 15, 2007
oyb:

absolutely.i'm proud to be a native of a country
that ranks 3rd in corruption,
has no major product outside of oil,
where we embrace the darkness(PHCN), provide our own water,
where we die in hospitals bc there are no drugs/equipment.,
where citizens are robbed by policemen,
where dishonesty is celebrated(who r the people we see in ovation?)
where it is almost impossible to get ahead.

think about this-can this environment we live in foster companies like microsoft, sony, or toyota?

naa am not proud be a nigerian!!
but we all got 2 make do with the hand we're dealt.
it could b worse after all, i could be from dafur,sudan , rwanda or somalia
viva la nigeria!!!!
the place 2 be(for those who don't know any better)

shame on you .
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 15, 2007
yeah right what r u doing in india. come back home.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by alabiyemmy(m): 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2007
of course I am. if i come to this world again, I will still want to be a Nigerian.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Amiga(f): 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2007
Despite all the funny looks on some IDIOTS' face when I tell them where I'm from, I'm still more than proud to be Nigerian! smiley
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Ndipe(m): 2:57am On Mar 16, 2007
I am glad to be a Nigerian and I wont trade my nationality for any other nation in this world.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by egoldman(m): 5:42am On Mar 16, 2007
oyb:

yeah right what r u doing in india. come back home.

its not about where am located ,its about how if i feel proud of being a nigerian no matter where i am, so yeah i am proud to be a nigerian here in india ,what u said in ur post is shameful cos every country have their sides , but it seems you prefer to show ur bad side than ur good side ,think about that .
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 16, 2007
pls do tell,
what is pride about?

this is the definitin of pride from the sage dictionary

the trait of being spurred on by a dislike of falling below your standards
a feeling of self respect and personal worth
satisfaction with your achievemnets

now tell me ,as a rational human being, are you proud of your achievements, or of your failures?
would you say for instance, i'm proud to have been a senior exec in Enron?or world com?

what are the standards we have over here?mayb u shld come and work with some of the so called industry leaders in this country.you'll see that its biz as usual-nepotism, an unprofessional approach to getting things done, all painted over with a beautiful image of the organisation, that outsiders believe .

what are the achievemnts we have over here? Capital and intellectual flight? low income per capitya? the rising state of insecurity?

so many pple going about national pride are outside nigeria. its easy to be proud of nigeria as an expat-you're in a land of opportunity, you're making it, you're homesick and you get this false nostalgia that vaporises as soon as your car leaves muritala mohd airport.

like i said, all you proud expats-COME BACK HOME! not for holidays, for life!lets see how many of you can stick it in this country you're so proud of.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by dblock(m): 8:04am On Mar 16, 2007
Bad Belle angry angry
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 16, 2007
dblock:

Bad Belle angry angry

grin
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by dblock(m): 8:43am On Mar 16, 2007
nah, you speak the truth, I just don't think that your whole Idea that materialtistic things are the catalysts for pride is right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25)

The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians / Olori Prophetess Naomi Ogunwusi Ministering In Her Church / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Aminu Sanusi And Fulani Zainab Ali Bashir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.