Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,360 members, 7,937,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:17 PM

Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? (7840 Views)

Make A Bright Career From Student Life By Working On Forex / Is There A Bright Future For Biotechnologists In Nigeria? / Can A Third Class Graduate Have A Bright Future In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by Seun(m): 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2007
I'm 100% in agreement with that. The governments abroad are more hungry for money than those at home.
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by fatliar(m): 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2007
dat will be d worst regret of ur life don't try it
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by alabiyemmy(m): 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2007
What business do you want to do in America or Europe that no other person hasnt done before? None, but in Nigeria, there are thousands of businesses you can do that noone has done before, so I say, the land of opportunity is Nigeria rather than abroad, where no matter what you have, you are still classed second class.

Some people say children's future will be beteer, what about people like us who grew up in Nigeria as kids and still made a great future for ourselves? It is a misconception to think that a child's life is better abroad than in Nigeria. Most people I know will rather bring their children up in Africa rather than leaving them to imbibe the negative culture overseas.
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by swing4real(m): 11:31pm On Jan 03, 2007
Hmmmm, Women!!! una no dey tired to put man for wahala? Tell me u are joking.I believe you know the answer to ur question already but u want some else to tell you again.Don´t and i repeat DON´T ever think of leaving your good biz to come here.The probelm with most people in Naiji they think coming over to America or Europe will earn them big respect from friends and relations.A word is enough for the wise.I swear if there is anything i want so badly is to move back to Naiji which is home sweet home
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by babasin(m): 11:55pm On Jan 03, 2007
Howmuch tax do you pay now? I guess its ZERO.

1. The cheapest you will get anywhere is 30%. So 30% is gone from you N15mil.

2. I guess you need to buy residence permit, another 20%

3. You will need atleast 3yrs to bounce back, if you ever can.

But if security is your concern, why not? Atleast, no armer robber or stray bullet

1 Like

Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by waleleader(m): 7:58am On Jan 04, 2007
@babasin, where exactly do you live? Maybe u speak of countries like sweden or Switzerland.
I speak for London and its environs and i can authoritatively state that the security situation here is as worse as in Naija. How many people got stabbed and killed on new years day alone in London? Rippers,gun crimes, unprovoked attacks etc everyday. How many times do you actually see teenagers stabbed on ur street in Lagos
Talk about stray bullets, I would actually feel safer on the streets of Ajegunle than manchester or Cali.
There is no security anywhere. And as the saying goes, the devil u know in Naija (armed robbers) is better than the angel u dont know out here.
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by Ndipe(m): 8:03am On Jan 04, 2007
@walelead, you would pick Ajegunle over California because of security reasons? You gotta be kidding.
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by waleleader(m): 8:08am On Jan 04, 2007
Ndipe:

@walelead, you would pick Ajegunle over California because of security reasons? You gotta be kidding.

@Ndipe, what i mean is that Ajegunle is much more safer than Cali, not that i would prefer to live in Ajegunle.
(come to think about it, I actually could) Safety first innit
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by Ndipe(m): 8:15am On Jan 04, 2007
California is a state, while Ajegunle could be classified as a city in Lagos, so your comparison is not fair. Pick a city in California and juxtapose it with Ajegunle in relation to crime/safety and lets see which one tops.
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by waleleader(m): 8:27am On Jan 04, 2007
Ndipe:

California is a state, while Ajegunle could be classified as a city in Lagos, so your comparison is not fair. Pick a city in California and juxtapose it with Ajegunle in relation to crime/safety and lets see which one tops.

@Ndipe, it appears u live in Cali, u are definitely correct that not all areas in california are unsafe. california is actually a fine city with equal glamour comparable with most celebrated cities in the world. I apologise for the unqualified comparison of both geographical subjects. But i assume u know the areas i speak about better than i do and u cannot dent the level of decay in terms of security of life, not property. As for manchester, let me quickly admit that not all the areas are unsafe as well. But Moss side , i run for my dear life grin
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by stellose(f): 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2007
my bother , i wish i were you, abeg na God na him i use beg u.oooo
infact i don knee down dey beg you. a beg i am a woman and we can be talked to easily with love kill me i die. beg your darling that life there is not easy. with what you earn per year ,the sky will be your limit come the next 5 years here in nigeria.

the guys there are not really enjoying, and i bet you ,your woman will begin to follow the foot steps of these white women and other cultivated behaviour of some of our nigerian women there, and before you know it na court she dey go divorce fe, em. before you know you go see your self for 9ja with empty potomato , oooo

i beg let here be the real african woman to you and stick to your dicision first.

stellose grin
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by stellose(f): 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2007
a beg i know dey yankeeooooooooo , na port harcourt na dey
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by ladykool(f): 5:54pm On Jan 04, 2007
if u r really really sure that u make N15m undecided in naija while go abroad!a beg talk to ur wife well well because if u go and start a new life in abroad it will not be easy the way u think it is and before u pay tax,pay this pay that u money don dey go small small! so think twice Mr man before u make ur decision.
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by funkygal: 6:15pm On Jan 04, 2007
I am glad to see all the responses to this post and that Nigerians know wassup. Whenever i tell people that Nigeria is the way forward they look at me as if i have double heads. 15 milla and u are contemplating relocating? How? Like has already been repeated several times, UK and USA will traumatise u, starting from scratch, paying this bill. tax and all sorts of bulshit.

Having all thos akatas and whiteys looking at u like they are doing u a favour. Better tell ur wifee to slow her roll and enjoy her time in Naija. If na shopping she wan go do in yankee or jand every year, she can

Help me answer this question. How come most people that live and work in Naija can afford to take a vacation in jand or yankee every year and the ones that are earning the ££'s and $$'s can only show face in Naija once in 5 or 10 years?
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by alabiyemmy(m): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2007
@ Funkygal

Good talk - but me I dey go Nija five times a year o.
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by boyalinco: 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2007
five times?well even then jd is closer to naija than us
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by T2(m): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2007
@walelead

Don't let efficient news coverage and statistics deceive you. Please tell me the number of homicides in Ajegunle over the past 5 years and classify the ones that were gun related and knife related?

Chances are you can not get that info accurately. But any city in the US will provide that info for you without much ado. Look I was car jacked in Lagos in 2000 with my wife and 1 year old kid, I still dey wait for the newspaper that will carry that story.
The other day in my hood some jobless teenages walked in my neighbors garage and took a six pack and some booze, he chased them, they ran, called the cops, they (wait for this o, jobless olopa) took finger prints off his fridge and it was in the next days paper, wetin go happen if person die?

Lack of crime coverage does not mean it is low, its the norm.
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by superman(m): 10:21pm On Jan 04, 2007
na lie!
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by alabiyemmy(m): 10:57pm On Jan 04, 2007
Yeah mon - five times in Nigeria yearly - even if I dey yankee - it will still be the same - y'all know Nigeria sweet - pretences apart.
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by LoverBwoy(m): 12:21am On Jan 05, 2007
When a middle age man ask this kind of question you know something has gone wrong - mid-life crisis.
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by waleleader(m): 1:06am On Jan 05, 2007
T2:

@walelead

Don't let efficient news coverage and statistics deceive you. Please tell me the number of homicides in Ajegunle over the past 5 years and classify the ones that were gun related and knife related?

Chances are you can not get that info accurately. But any city in the US will provide that info for you without much ado. Look I was car jacked in Lagos in 2000 with my wife and 1 year old kid, I still dey wait for the newspaper that will carry that story.
The other day in my hood some jobless teenages walked in my neighbors garage and took a six pack and some booze, he chased them, they ran, called the cops, they (wait for this o, jobless olopa) took finger prints off his fridge and it was in the next days paper, wetin go happen if person die?

Lack of crime coverage does not mean it is low, its the norm.

I understand what ure saying. Lots of crime happen in Nigeria that are never investigated let alone published in the dailies,but whether it gets published or not, the bad news will fly and people will hear. And so u know, i am actually talking about security of life. You were car-jacked, i apologise for your loss but at least u were not stabbed.
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by kitaun(m): 1:15am On Jan 05, 2007
@Lagbaja, where are you?? At least come honour us with your take thus far considering the kind of wonderful responses u got!
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 2:15am On Jan 05, 2007
I fink people should paste serious topic on this forum, if u r making 15M profit in a year thats equal over a million per month which is over £4000 after tax. i beg go siddon, if na true u dey make that kin money, u no need a witchdoctor to tell u to siddon for your country, maybe u need to take ur girlfriend to hospital to examine her head. If u don't have anything interesting to offer this forum i beg stay away.
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by superman(m): 2:46am On Jan 05, 2007
i second that!
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by alabiyemmy(m): 2:48am On Jan 05, 2007
@ COOL4NY

Dont say so. I have seen people sell off big hospitals and practices they have built over years just because they want to move their family overseas. So this guy is right to seek advice.
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by superman(m): 2:52am On Jan 05, 2007
stupidity is always blinding u remember
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by alabiyemmy(m): 3:02am On Jan 05, 2007
No need for abusive words, lets rid Nairaland of abuse and contempt.
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by superman(m): 3:04am On Jan 05, 2007
lost! shocked
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by kitaun(m): 3:39am On Jan 05, 2007
@Alabiyemmy, rid Nairaland of abuse and contempt?? What has that got to do with topic?? pls what happened to people that sold off hospitals et al to travel o?? What was their testimony like??
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by Ndipe(m): 3:56am On Jan 05, 2007
Maybe in the past, people sold their assets to relocate to America, but in today's society, that cant be so. Nearly every sucessful individual back home, I am sure is current with the going on in the world, particularly in the West, thanks to the internet. So, for the poster, who happens to fall in that category (15 million naira a year is a lot of money, even when converted into dollars) and further on, admits that he's been abroad, should automatically know that America is not just a country that offers a comfortable life to people, least of all, immigrants. C'mon, lets be realistic.
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by LoverBwoy(m): 4:17am On Jan 05, 2007
Thank you o!
Re: Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? by texazzpete(m): 8:24am On Jan 05, 2007
, and i still say the poster's telling a pack of lies! either that or he's criminally dumb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Difference Between M.sc Public Administration And Mpa / How Do I Become A Professor / 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severance Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.