Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,295 members, 7,947,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 06:30 PM

Why Are Many Nigerian Men Refusing To Get Married? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Many Nigerian Men Refusing To Get Married? (4453 Views)

Lady Exposes Pastor Tunde Olawuni After Sex, For Refusing To Pay N10k (Photos) / Lady Accuses Man Of Rape For Refusing To Stop After She Came During Sex (photos) / Yahoo Plus, Handkerchief, Ritual Sex: Many Nigerian Female Students Walking Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Men Refusing To Get Married? by olutosfem(f): 10:40am On Oct 07, 2016
Ilu le oh ko si owo lode
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Men Refusing To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 07, 2016
VeryBigYam:
Must you wait for a man to marry you? can't you take him to an expensive date, buy him a diamond ring, kneel down and propose, pay his groom price, take your family to his village, buy 50 tubers of yam, 12kegs of palm wine, a big cow, 2billy goats, 20 baskets of kola nuts, damn, even buy 21 packets of chalk, the feather of a white eagle and so much more....Yeah that seems easy...

Dream on cheesy
You for add 3cows join sef.....

Oh Lord, what kind of men do we have in this generation embarassed
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Men Refusing To Get Married? by Bethelwealthy(m): 11:45am On Oct 07, 2016
.................... When girls are ready, we will marry. But for now, they are smart asses, and smart asses get DIGGED AND DROPPED. Responsible or fairly respinsible ones still walk the aisle every saturdays....... grin
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Men Refusing To Get Married? by johnime: 6:46am On Jul 16, 2017
shocked
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Men Refusing To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2017
I love this thread ma'am..God Bless the motive behind it
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Men Refusing To Get Married? by Ohiarre(m): 9:52am On Nov 27, 2017
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Men Refusing To Get Married? by jacyhelen(f): 11:56am On Nov 27, 2017
divinehand2003:
Can you see why men develop cold feet towards marriage?

hahahahaha..thanks for the pix..it made me happy..PM,i might visit ...have Condom incase ooo
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Men Refusing To Get Married? by divinehand2003(m): 12:11pm On Nov 27, 2017
jacyhelen:

hahahahaha..thanks for the pix..it made me happy..PM,i might visit ...have Condom incase ooo

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Ok, I just sent you a PM. My blood is hot oooo.
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Men Refusing To Get Married? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:12pm On Nov 27, 2017
Bluehawk:
. o now this is Africa abi..when it is time to respect the man as d head of the family its not Africa.dem go claim feminist. some don't want to cook or wash for their boyfriends.. how do you convince him you're wife material.. na to dey ask for money to do meaningless shopping.. in the end if a guy sees what he's looking for in a wife and he's capable of supporting a family.nothing go stop am..but if he sees bad habits that can't be changed in his girlfriend.. na to wait for wife material o..no man wants to die before his time
. This should be the answer she is looking for. Thank you for bringing up the feminism here. When iu bring up the issue of submission in marriage,they tag it slavery Nd won't remember we re in Africa, but say something else like what u just told her,she reminded u that this is Africa. Forget this people they re full of hypocrisy Nd deceit. No man wants to die because he got married

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Men Refusing To Get Married? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:17pm On Nov 27, 2017
Onyiridike:
Before now I've always blamed this on the economy. I thought many young men who are graduates are yet to secure a well-paying job and those who are into business are not doing well.

However, I know up to 4 men in my neighborhood who are between 34-38 years and are financially stable but they are yet to marry.

According to them, getting a marriageable young lady in Nigeria is more difficult than getting a federal government job.

In my church, I have witnessed ONLY 2 weddings in 3 years and there are a lot of financially stable young men in their 30's.

What is wrong with our young men?

How come they can date our girls, sleep with them and cannot marry them?

I think our girls should stop sleeping with men who are not their legally married husband. You have given them everything. Why would they want to marry again. You sleep with them, cook for them, wash their clothes, tidy their house and you are not married to them. It does not make sense to me.

. The answer u seek is with u. Don't pretend to not to be aware of how most ladies behave when Eva a guy comes to them for a simple r/ ship. Do you think that the behaviour most of u ladies exhibits in an ordinary r/ship can qualify most for marriage? Just like u believe that sleeping with a guy is doing him a favour. With such mindset,if u re not careful,you will remain single.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Men Refusing To Get Married? by Offpoint: 1:21pm On Nov 27, 2017
Onyiridike:
Before now I've always blamed this on the economy. I thought many young men who are graduates are yet to secure a well-paying job and those who are into business are not doing well.

However, I know up to 4 men in my neighborhood who are between 34-38 years and are financially stable but they are yet to marry.

According to them, getting a marriageable young lady in Nigeria is more difficult than getting a federal government job.

In my church, I have witnessed ONLY 2 weddings in 3 years and there are a lot of financially stable young men in their 30's.

I think our girls should stop sleeping with men who are not their legally married husband. You have given them everything. Why would they want to marry again. You sleep with them, cook for them, wash their clothes, tidy their house and you are not married to them. It does not make sense to me.

the answer is simple... "cause we don't wanna relinquish our freedom for the sake of marriage" gringrin
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Men Refusing To Get Married? by ariklawani(f): 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2017
because most ladies are not Homely.
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Men Refusing To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 07, 2018
Onyiridike:

After 2 years do you now have answers to this phenomenon ?
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Men Refusing To Get Married? by Yankee442: 7:15am On Mar 08, 2018
Onyiridike:

Eyah, sori..
Him don chop u & clean mouth..
Besides, re majority of u womenfolks, marriageable?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Cutest Pic On Nairaland That Got People Talking. / How Many Akara Balls Will You Like To Buy From This Lady(photo) / ❌❌ Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.