Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,291 members, 7,977,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 03:17 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (951130 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (1188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:02am On May 18, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
She was born in Nigeria?

Yes, but she grew up overthere!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:03am On May 18, 2022
Oparanozie and maclean are both same type of player no need inviting both of them and oparanozie is past it anyway and maclean plays in farmers league not good enough ihezuo has never done anything in the super falcons
Schemerkhiz:

A Big no for me,

Oparanozie and Maclean's are 100% Similar Players just that Oparanozie is more experience while right now Maclean's is younger, quicker and more inform.

Monday Gift can't bench Ihezuo from the Left. Or is it Uchenna Kanu you want her to bench?
Even with Ordega not really at her usual level right now, Monday doesn't come close.!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:11am On May 18, 2022
Lol macleans is your favorite we know it sometimes you are bias , that's how you said KANU is better than Ajibade last few seasons but its OK
Schemerkhiz:

A Big no for me,

Oparanozie and Maclean's are 100% Similar Players just that Oparanozie is more experience while right now Maclean's is younger, quicker and more inform.

Monday Gift can't bench Ihezuo from the Left. Or is it Uchenna Kanu you want her to bench?
Even with Ordega not really at her usual level right now, Monday doesn't come close.!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:57am On May 18, 2022
isan:
Lol macleans is your favorite we know it sometimes you are bias , that's how you said KANU is better than Ajibade last few seasons but its OK

Yes I said so... Kanu was far better than Rasheedat Ajibade a few Seasons ago. You can't compare both then. Is it because Ajibade is now playing up to the billing..

Okay tell me between the two of them who was a far better player from 2018 to 2020..
Ajibade has drastically improved and both ain't playing same position for the Superfalcons, one is a forward while the other is a Midfielder (Central/Attacking Midfield) for the Superfalcon.

Isan calm down, anyway thank God you said last few seasons to show that I'm not even lying and as it stands both of them are doing well...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:01am On May 18, 2022
isan:

Maclean's Chinonyerem isn't my Favorite please, I make post basically about all of them, there's no favouritism from me here. I even go as far as bringing in news concerning Women Football Worldwide!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:06am On May 18, 2022
isan:
Oparanozie and maclean are both same type of player no need inviting both of them and oparanozie is past it anyway and maclean plays in farmers league not good enough ihezuo has never done anything in the super falcons

Which Farmers League??
So the Polish Women League is a farmers league while the Belarusian, ISRAEL league are far better ahbi? Fear God ooo

Please do you even make time to watch their games or you're just speaking from your personal insight on the Women's game..
I know too well that have been sharing different league games here occasionally but it seems you guys aren't that interested !!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:12am On May 18, 2022
isan:

Anyway most of these players we're talking about are going to be coming from the Bench and they might even get up to 30 minutes per game sef, except injury cases upfront

Asisat Oshoala, Ifeoma Onumonu, Uchenna Kanu, Fransisca Ordega will definitely battle for the 3 starting spot upfront, Tony Payne is also there upfront if the need arises..

Oparanozie, Ikechukwu, Maclean's, Ihezuo, Imo should be talking about making the List and coming from the bench.. Say Esther Okoronkwo da before men non of them for probably see game time..

Between Asisat Oshoala and Ifeoma Onumonu one of them should be playing 90minutes of not the two of them..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:14am On May 18, 2022
I think it's also worth noting that only 28 of them will be on Morocco. So 4 persons on the list won't make the team; I'm guessing the new goalkeeper and three other players.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:15am On May 18, 2022
There was never a time KANU was better than Ajibade and this season Ajibade has widen the gap
Schemerkhiz:

Yes I said so... Kanu was far better than Rasheedat Ajibade a few Seasons ago. You can't compare both then. Is it because Ajibade is now playing up to the billing..

Isan calm down, anyway thank God you said last few seasons to show that I'm not even lying and as it stands both of them are doing well...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:17am On May 18, 2022
Quality wise is the polish league more competitive than Nigerian league ? undecided
Schemerkhiz:

Which Farmers League??
So the Polish Women League is a farmers league while the Belarusian, ISRAEL league are far better ahbi? Fear God ooo

Please do you even make time to watch their games or you're just speaking from your personal insight on the Women's game..
I know too well that have been sharing different league games here occasionally but it seems you guys aren't that interested !!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:42am On May 18, 2022
lovewins:
I think it's also worth noting that only 28 of them will be on Morocco. So 4 persons on the list won't make the team; I'm guessing the new goalkeeper and three other players.

Let's see how it goes, Rita Akarekor 21yrs is also a good goalkeeper have been in the National Team set up for some time to and fro from U20 to the Superfalcons..

Was at the 2016 AWCON in Cameroon and 2018 U20 FIFA Women's World Cup as the 3rd choice goalie respectively..
She had an excellent game yesterday during the Super6 game.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:43am On May 18, 2022
isan:
Quality wise is the polish league more competitive than Nigerian league ? undecided

Which quality are you talking about, Facilities, the pay or the Players??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:45am On May 18, 2022
isan:
There was never a time KANU was better than Ajibade and this season Ajibade has widen the gap

Maybe we're talking about different Ajibade and Kanu here...

You should be saying Ajibade has improved drastically or should I say the most improved Superfalcons player from 2018 till date.. Chiamaka Nnadozie is another
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:47am On May 18, 2022
lovewins:

Yeah, to me the Pool of 28 players sef in even too much for the AWCON, 23 should have been better and more competitive!!
3 goalies
7 Defenders
6 Midfielders
7 Forwards.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:48am On May 18, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Yeah, to me the Pool of 28 players sef in even too much for the AWCON, 23 should have been better and more competitive!!
3 goalies
7 Defenders
6 Midfielders
7 Forwards.
I think it's a measure against covid.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:54am On May 18, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

3 goalies
7 Defenders
6 Midfielders
7 Forwards.

I think they have chosen to expand the poll cause of COVID. While we have moved on from the COVID hysteria in this part of the world, major world organisation like FIFA and by extension CAF thinks otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:57am On May 18, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Let's see how it goes, Rita Akarekor 21yrs is also a good goalkeeper have been in the National Team set up for some time to and fro from U20 to the Superfalcons..

Was at the 2016 AWCON in Cameroon and 2018 U20 FIFA Women's World Cup as the 3rd choice goalie respectively..
She had an excellent game yesterday during the Super6 game.

Away from the list, isn't it concerning that Flourish who is arguably one of the best u20 player we have isn't allowed to feature in the Super6 because of a tussel amongst clubsides? It's even a lot more perplexing when you consider she doesn't have a signed contract with Edo queen's and the league organizers seem to have taken a passive disposition to the entire thing. How is this in her best interest?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:38pm On May 18, 2022
lovewins:

Away from the list, isn't it concerning that Flourish who is arguably one of the best u20 player we have isn't allowed to feature in the Super6 because of a tussel amongst clubsides? It's even a lot more perplexing when you consider she doesn't have a signed contract with Edo queen's and the league organizers seem to have taken a passive disposition to the entire thing. How is this in her best interest?

Let me just go straight to the point here, thee Person behind this problem is Coach Wemimo, Olanrewaju Mathew. She tends to influence so many things in the various National Team she act as Assistant in..

She just got Sacked by Edo Queens Management Yesterday here for not wining any game in the on going Super 6 tournament..

It's a Sad one that they're trying to ruin the girl's career because of their own personal benefits...

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:52pm On May 18, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Let me just go straight to the point here, thee Person behind this problem is Coach Wemimo, Olanrewaju Mathew. She tends to influence so many things in the various National Team she act as Assistant in..

She just got Sacked by Edo Queens Management Yesterday here for not wining any game in the on going Super 6 tournament..

It's a Sad one that they're trying to ruin the girl's career because of their own personal benefits...

I'm aware it's being alleged that she's primarily responsible for this. My issue though is with the NWFL. They should have stepped in especially when it's been established that she has no contract with Edo queens. She should have been allowed to play for Bayelsa while they litigate in court.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:58pm On May 18, 2022
lovewins:

I'm aware it's being alleged that she's primarily responsible for this. My issue though is with the NWFL. They should have stepped in especially when it's been established that she has no contract with Edo queens. She should have been allowed to play for Bayelsa while they litigate in court.

You should know how poor the Nigerian System is, and the Wemimo of a woman have a very strong Back up... Nothing da shake her oo

Look here she has been in the Various National Team set up over 12 years ago. Even if the Coaching get sacked, they will move Wemimo to the next one.. She has been rotated in the whole National Teams till date..

While good ones like Florence Omagbemi, Mercy Akide, Ayisat and Co won't be given such opportunity..!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:04pm On May 18, 2022
lovewins:

They all knows the truth, right now Sabastine is a big Market in the Nigeria women football as a whole, they're all after the benefits she would bring not after the girl success.!

If Wemimo was to be the U20 head Coach, I bet you she wouldn't have been playing Sabastine untill she agrees terms with her..

The Battle on ground now is between 1st Assistant Coach (Aduku) and the 2nd Assistant Coach (Wemimo)of the Falconet!.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 1:23pm On May 18, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Yes, but she grew up overthere!
Okay.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:31pm On May 18, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Okay.

By Saint Étienne’s FC Coach, Jérôme Bonnet

We saw what she did in Dijon. She showed us what she is capable of with two goals, only she could do it, by her speed and her composure. She’s very calm in front of the goal and this is good.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HURks7TOVY

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:42pm On May 18, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

They all knows the truth, right now Sabastine is a big Market in the Nigeria women football as a whole, they're all after the benefits she would bring not after the girl success.!

If Wemimo was to be the U20 head Coach, I bet you she wouldn't have been playing Sabastine untill she agrees terms with her..

The Battle on ground now is between 1st Assistant Coach (Aduku) and the 2nd Assistant Coach (Wemimo)of the Falconet!.

Do you have any idea how this is likely to play out now that she's no longer with Edo queens?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:47pm On May 18, 2022
lovewins:

Do you have any idea how this is likely to play out now that she's no longer with Edo queens?

Not at all..

But hopefully this will definitely ease up the issue on ground.!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 3:13pm On May 18, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

By Saint Étienne’s FC Coach, Jérôme Bonnet

We saw what she did in Dijon. She showed us what she is capable of with two goals, only she could do it, by her speed and her composure. She’s very calm in front of the goal and this is good.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HURks7TOVY
Maybe its an knee injury. That can keep female players out for long periods of time. We would miss her. The WC is not far way though.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:43pm On May 18, 2022
*ONE OF THE RISING FEMALE FOOTBALL PLAYERS FLOURISH CHIOMA SABASTINE NOT PLAYING IN THE NWFL SUPER SIX, DUE TO UNDERLYING BIAS PRACTICES*

It is no more news that rising U-20 football prodigy, Flourish Sebastine, is being taunted by the management of Edo Queens overseen by Mrs Sabina Chikere and sacked coach Wemimo Mathew– who tried to lure the player from her guardian (Membis Vitus) and her grassroot academy.

In the past there was no existing contract between the player and Edo Queens after that, the player reiterated her desire to play for Bayelsa Queens

The management of Edo Queens have enjoyed top class government funding and sponsorship and have no excuse not to recruit the best players in the country but the selfish and manipulative interest of Mrs Sabina Chikere and sacked coach Wemimo Mathew have chased many young talented players out of the club, a potent reason that has caused their recent decline in performance and one of the strong reasons why Flourish Chioma Sebastine decided not to play for them.

Contractually, there is no binding agreement between the player and Edo Queens and sadly, Edo Queens have blocked or delayed Bayelsa Queens' process to allow the world-class player in the making to make her appearance in the Super Six( with Bayelsa Queens) that would lead to the selection of clubs to represent the country on the continent in the women club continental competition

Significantly, this act of manipulation and selfish interest is hampering the growth of women's football on traits of transparency in the system and if this is not checked most young female players would be led into silent caves of football slavery

The Nigerian Women's Football League's governing body under the guidance of Aisha Falode should call Edo Queens' management to order or this act would be considered a conspiracy between the two bodies.

WE ARE WATCHING �

@coach uni Dan kakwi

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:44pm On May 18, 2022
Matters arising

Schemerkhiz:
*ONE OF THE RISING FEMALE FOOTBALL PLAYERS FLOURISH CHIOMA SABASTINE NOT PLAYING IN THE NWFL SUPER SIX, DUE TO UNDERLYING BIAS PRACTICES*

It is no more news that rising U-20 football prodigy, Flourish Sebastine, is being taunted by the management of Edo Queens overseen by Mrs Sabina Chikere and sacked coach Wemimo Mathew– who tried to lure the player from her guardian (Membis Vitus) and her grassroot academy.

In the past there was no existing contract between the player and Edo Queens after that, the player reiterated her desire to play for Bayelsa Queens

The management of Edo Queens have enjoyed top class government funding and sponsorship and have no excuse not to recruit the best players in the country but the selfish and manipulative interest of Mrs Sabina Chikere and sacked coach Wemimo Mathew have chased many young talented players out of the club, a potent reason that has caused their recent decline in performance and one of the strong reasons why Flourish Chioma Sebastine decided not to play for them.

Contractually, there is no binding agreement between the player and Edo Queens and sadly, Edo Queens have blocked or delayed Bayelsa Queens' process to allow the world-class player in the making to make her appearance in the Super Six( with Bayelsa Queens) that would lead to the selection of clubs to represent the country on the continent in the women club continental competition

Significantly, this act of manipulation and selfish interest is hampering the growth of women's football on traits of transparency in the system and if this is not checked most young female players would be led into silent caves of football slavery

The Nigerian Women's Football League's governing body under the guidance of Aisha Falode should call Edo Queens' management to order or this act would be considered a conspiracy between the two bodies.

WE ARE WATCHING �

@coach uni Dan kakwi
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:29pm On May 18, 2022
Chiamaka Nnadozie nominated again,!
The D1 Arkema Goalkeeper of the Season

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by marvin906(m): 4:51pm On May 18, 2022
Why was zogg not called up
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 5:46pm On May 18, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Chiamaka Nnadozie nominated again,! The D1 Arkema Goalkeeper of the Season

who won the first best goalie of the season
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 5:48pm On May 18, 2022
marvin906:
Why was zogg not called up
Zogg would have to mature a lit bit more in her role.

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (1188) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Kingjite1 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.