Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,260 members, 7,977,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 12:59 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (951055 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (1188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 12:53am On May 20, 2022
Schemerkhiz, I will add to Isan's comments and state that one key attribute that Rash has which exceeds all the people you listed, including Oshoala is her technical skills. Her ball handling is second to none on the team.
isan:
Ajibade will bench KANU , ordega and okoronkwo , she's faster and more clinical than any of the 3 players ....Ajibade scored 10 league goals this season despite not playing regularly how many league goals did KANU , ordega and okorokwo scored this season ? Despite they play in a lesser league

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:45am On May 20, 2022
Bigzigg:

Nah! Ajibade is a better player overall, doesn't matter if we're talking about a forward or midfield role, and this doesn't make Kanu a bad player. Kanu has specifically scored those goals during her US college football days, she's not yet brought it down to the Falcons.

Now , if we're talking of 'forward' role, Ajibade is still better. I make my judgement very carefully, using such criteria as conversion rate, quality of crosses, overall contribution a player brings.

Recent brace against Ghana, top scorer at the last WAFU played. 14 goals in 20 appearances in the Swedish league and she is scoring a bunch in Mexico right now. Her recent performance against Canada was top class, she was the biggest attacking threat on that team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 5:55am On May 20, 2022
AkinDS:
Schemerkhiz, I will add to Isan's comments and state that one key attribute that Rash has which exceeds all the people you listed, including Oshoala is her technical skills. Her ball handling is second to none on the team.
True, except maybe Esther Okoronkwo. Also Ajibade is a ball joggler, she participates in and wins such competitions, nor be today.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:39am On May 20, 2022
GeneralDae:

True, except maybe Esther Okoronkwo. Also Ajibade is a ball joggler, she participates in and wins such competitions, nor be today.

You're right here, Esther Okoronkwo is also a great joggler, her technique and ball handling is great too.

You know how poor the Nigeria System of breeding players is so in this aspect Ajibade is very good as for Esther growing up in the US playing soccer from High school and College is also an edge.. The grooming there supersede ours here!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:46am On May 20, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Recent brace against Ghana, top scorer at the last WAFU played. 14 goals in 20 appearances in the Swedish league and she is scoring a bunch in Mexico right now. Her recent performance against Canada was top class, she was the biggest attacking threat on that team.

Uchenna Kanu is doing well both Club and Country averaging 1 goal in two games... If not for high paying Tigres UANL, i believe she should have been in one of the top Clubs in the top5 league in Europe right now...

Rumors has it that Tigres UANL Femenil MEXICO wanted to sign Wendie Renard of Lyon recently before she signed a new deal with Lyon till 2026!
Renard wanted to leave Lyon and try out other leagues but her love for Lyon couldn't let her go! SoccerDona posted it a week ago!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:13am On May 20, 2022
Every body be clamouring for Monday Gift invitation to the Superfalcons Provisional Squad for the AWCON..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 10:09am On May 20, 2022
AkinDS:
So, let me get this straight...
Ajibade, who has successfully benched the Brazilian striker Ludmila and the South African Kgatlana, hasn't proven she is a better striker than midfielder? . Ajibade, who is currently Atletico Madrid's top scorer this season is, according to you, is not a better forward performer than being a midfielder?
Really I bet Oscar Ferandez, the Athletico Madrid coach will disagree with you.

What do I know? Maybe Kanu can do all that and more.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 10:12am On May 20, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

I stand with my Words, Ajibade is better as a Midfielder to me, by the way is she going to bench any of the following Asisat Oshoala, Ifeoma Onumonu, Fransisca Ordega and Uchenna Kanu upfront?? Let me include Esther Okoronkwo if she wasn't injured!

Apart from Oshoala and Onumonu, she can conveniently bench every other player you mentioned.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:18am On May 20, 2022
All-time top-scorer in the Barclays FA Women’s Super League, Vivianne Miedema has signed a new deal with Arsenal.

The Dutch international has scored 117 goals in just 144 appearances for the Gunners, since joining them from Bayern Munich in 2017.

Miedema told www.arsenal.com: “I think the most beautiful thing about the game is building something with a team and with people around you that you really want to be around.

“I do feel like I have got that at Arsenal. I feel like for me, winning titles with Arsenal will mean a lot more to me than winning them with another club at the moment. And that’s what I obviously hope to achieve with Arsenal.”

Head Coach Jonas Eidevall added: “Viv is a stellar talent and a hugely important player for this team, so it’s fantastic news that she is staying with us. As a club, our ambition is to win titles and compete at the highest level – we know Viv’s own ambitions are the same, and together we will give everything to achieve that.”

Head of Women’s Football Clare Wheatley said: “This is an important day for Arsenal Football Club. Viv is among the best players on the planet and has shown her quality year after year in the Arsenal jersey. We have ambitious targets here and Viv will play a key role in us reaching them moving forward.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 10:19am On May 20, 2022
isan:
Ajibade will bench KANU , ordega and okoronkwo , she's faster and more clinical than any of the 3 players ....Ajibade scored 10 league goals this season despite not playing regularly how many league goals did KANU , ordega and okorokwo scored this season ? Despite they play in a lesser league

You are on point. I don't like arguing back and forth like this, but I just want to set the records straight. I can't even understand why they keep arguing against this, cos it's not difficult to see it.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 10:23am On May 20, 2022
isan:
If not that we are short of mildfielders the front 3 right now will be oshoala .....onumonu..,..Ajibade

Gbam!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 10:34am On May 20, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Any of you wondering how Charity Adule who's playing in 2nd Division in Spain made the list ahead of inform Ngozi Okobi??

You have any idea about her performance this season? Doesn't matter much that she plays in 2nd division, if her standard is high enough. Chikwelu, who plays at such top level, would you consider her standard high enough? I'd prefer not to spite the coaches cos they monitor these players. Besides, this will make other lazy players who'd come to believe that it is their birthright to be on the team list sit up.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:38am On May 20, 2022
#Morocco2022 BUILD-UP:
France to host Cameroon in an international friendly on 25th June ahead of the Women's Cup of Nations and Euros both in July. The 2016 finalists Cameroon are in Group B of the continental showdown alongside Zambia, Tunisia and debutants Togo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 10:44am On May 20, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Brace against Ghana... Well, not too fantastic, I saw it! 14 goals in Swedish league... Their standards have fallen much, she should have, at least, stayed and replicated the performance. Mexican league is mediocre, but what did you say her statistics were? Her performance against Canada was average, nothing spectacular.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 11:03am On May 20, 2022
May I add that, but for the fact that we are in need of quality midfielders, our forwards could have been Oshoala, Onumonu and Ajibade. None of the other forwards come close. Ordega, who has seriously regressed, Kanu has not been able to bench, is it Ajibade she could have benched? Additionally, Ajibade is faster than all the other forwards, excluding only Oshoala, she's also very clinical- better than Oshoala.

You think Kanu can compete and out perform such Athletio Madrid players as Ludmilla, Kgatlana, Castellanos, etc? Can she even survive on that team?... Now, I seem to be hating on her, but I'm not!

Ordega, at this stage, should not be starting matches for us, but do you know why she does? THERE'S NO ONE BETTER!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:34am On May 20, 2022
Bigzigg:

Brace against Ghana... Well, not too fantastic, I saw it! 14 goals in Swedish league... Their standards have fallen much, she should have, at least, stayed and replicated the performance. Mexican league is mediocre, but what did you say her statistics were? Her performance against Canada was average, nothing spectacular.

The Swedish League 5th in Europe isn't that bad as it appears to you, Yes the standard has fallen due to the fact that most of the players are going abroad because of higher pay. Most of the players are after the money unlike before where they used to play and do other side jobs.

When the league best players start moving abroad do you expect it to remain the same?

Na where money da their belle da face oo

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:40am On May 20, 2022
Bigzigg:
May I add that, but for the fact that we are in need of quality midfielders, our forwards could have been Oshoala, Onumonu and Ajibade. None of the other forwards come close. Ordega, who has seriously regressed, Kanu has not been able to bench, is it Ajibade she could have benched? Additionally, Ajibade is faster than all the other forwards, excluding only Oshoala, she's also very clinical- better than Oshoala.

You think Kanu can compete and out perform such Athletio Madrid players as Ludmilla, Kgatlana, Castellanos, etc? Can she even survive on that team?... Now, I seem to be hating on her, but I'm not!

Ordega, at this stage, should not be starting matches for us, but do you know why she does? THERE'S NO ONE BETTER!

Why did Ordega leave Levante UD to big spending CSKA Moscow?. Levante UD even agreed to let her go because of what they going to get from the deal...

Anyway I'm happy with the level of play in Spain right now, most of the Clubs are improving getting support from their male side. The Club that Shocked me this season was Villarreal, I thought they were going to be relegated until towards the end of the season things turned around... It also pained me so much that Rayo Vallecano one of Spain strongest Club then with several trophies and Champions League experience got relegated..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:44am On May 20, 2022
Bigzigg:

Atletico Madrid Femenino problem this season was getting the right full players, most of them weren't in form this season, Change of Coaches affected them..

Next Season will be tougher.

Barcelona Femenino, Real Sociedad, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid Femenino especially. Levante UD is a good side but lost a lot of good players to the big spending Clubs.

Real Madrid are currently hunting for Big Players, they have the money but their management looks somehow! If they can get top players like Barcelona Femenino I bet the league will be in top2 in Europe!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:06pm On May 20, 2022
AWCON we’re coming…. Superfalcons goalkeeper Yewande Balogun

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:21pm On May 20, 2022
I love the way Oshoala has been promoting Gift Monday. She has posted something daily about her the last 3 days. She seem to be particularly invested in her success and subtly looking for a way to ensure she makes the Afcon provisional list. She scored again today for Bayelsa Queens and I think at the very least she deserves a chance to fight to a jersey even if she wouldn't make the final squad list.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 1:34pm On May 20, 2022
lovewins:
I love the way Oshoala has been promoting Gift Monday. She has posted something daily about her the last 3 days. She seem to be particularly invested in her success and subtly looking for a way to ensure she makes the Afcon provisional list. She scored again today for Bayelsa Queens and I think at the very least she deserves a chance to fight to a jersey even if she wouldn't make the final squad list.
Mondays' position as centre forward already has Oshoala, Onumonu, Kanu, Oparanozie and Maclean. Even Ajibade and Payne can switch into such roles.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:42pm On May 20, 2022
GeneralDae:

Mondays' position as centre forward already has Oshoala, Onumonu, Uchenna Kanu, Oparanozie and Maclean. Even Ajibade and Payne can switch into such roles.

You'll notice I didn't advocate for her making the final team list. The ladies I believe will camp for 2 weeks after which the final 28 team roster will be selected. There's no harm in ensuring she gains some experience camping with better established players even if she doesn't make the team. It's a win-win situation in my opinion
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:00pm On May 20, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR_eCa7XGeQ

EthiopiaU17 �� v Nigeria U17��
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 2:35pm On May 20, 2022
But wasn't she a part of the extended camp in Austria? Wasn't she a part of the Aisha Buhari Invitational team?
The experience she gained there didn't translate and thus, the coaches looked elsewhere.
AWCON is about those who can add value to the team because of the mission at hand, not an avenue to 'gain experience'.
lovewins:

You'll notice I didn't advocate for her making the final team list. The ladies I believe will camp for 2 weeks after which the final 28 team roster will be selected. There's no harm in ensuring she gains some experience camping with better established players even if she doesn't make the team. It's a win-win situation in my opinion

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:37pm On May 20, 2022
Flamingoes lead Ethiopia 1-0

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:45pm On May 20, 2022
AkinDS:
But wasn't she a part of the extended camp in Austria? Wasn't she a part of the Aisha Buhari Invitational team?
The experience she gained there didn't translate and thus, the coaches looked elsewhere.
AWCON is about those who can add value to the team because of the mission at hand, not an avenue to 'gain experience'.

One can argue that the experience she garnered is what is being expressed in the ongoing championship. She's scored 6 goals in 3 games and that's impressive.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 2:53pm On May 20, 2022
Did you forget her 2 goals in the Aisha cup ?
AkinDS:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:54pm On May 20, 2022
lovewins:

One can argue that the experience she garnered is what is being expressed in the ongoing championship. She's scored 6 goals in 3 games and that's impressive.

Actually 7goals in 4 games but that doesn't guarantee that she must be in the list, by the way big name like Ngozi Okobi and exciting name like Patricia George were left out too...

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:58pm On May 20, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Flamingoes lead Ethiopia 1-0

Ajakaye 36 1-0
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 3:01pm On May 20, 2022
isan:
Did you forget her 2 goals in the Aisha cup ?

Exactly. She did well in that tourney. Point is, the team losses nothing if all she gets is camp with the team for 2 weeks and returns back home. The 4th goalkeeper invited obviously won't make the team, but it's a win win situation as she gets to learn from those ahead of her. The mere fact that they get invitation is enough motivation for the girls to realize that all their hard work isn't in vain.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:06pm On May 20, 2022
GeneralDae:

Mondays' position as centre forward already has Oshoala, Onumonu, Kanu, Oparanozie and Maclean. Even Ajibade and Payne can switch into such roles.

They should just say they want Monday Gift in the team for the AWCON, if not there's no way she will be benching any of the listed forwards in any of the position upfront...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 3:10pm On May 20, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

They should just say they want Monday Gift in the team for the AWCON, if not there's no way she will be benching any of the listed forwards in any of the position upfront...
Except probably Oparanozie. I'll still need to see Maclean in the shirt of the Super Falcons before I draw conclusions on that too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (1188) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: BascoVanVeli(m), naptu2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.