Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,673 members, 7,878,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:28 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (858) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (853351 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (1103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:02pm On Aug 20, 2023
DELTA QUEENS TEAM LIST

1. MGBECHI ANDERLINE - 1

2. FAVOUR DAMARIS 19

3. HONOUR NWADIGO 17

4. OKENWA CHIDERA NANCY - 5

5. MABOKANJE FEHINTOLA-20

6. MICHAEL JOY - 22

7. IBEH GRAVE NMESOMA - 3

8. ALABA OLABIYI. 11

9. AGOH CHINAZA - 7

10. AFOLABI TAIWO - 8 (C)

11. EFFIOM EKENG - 18

-----------------,-----,,,,,----------------

[Sub
1. ONUEGBU IHUOMA - 21
2. HENRY CHISOM - 12

3. ADEGBEMILE REBECCA - 6

4. SAMUEL VERA -25

5. INYANG ESTHER- 13
6. OWOEYE TEMILOPE 9

7. OMOKWO MERCY - 10

8, MEGA CYNTHIA 23

9, CHINAZA ENUMA 16

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:25pm On Aug 20, 2023
ALABA OLABIYI PUTS DESLTA QUEENS IN FRONT IN THE FIRST MINUTE

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:27pm On Aug 20, 2023
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2023
Hmmm… This Delta Queens na Rubbish ooo, I would have preferred Bayelsa Queens. If they Qualify for the Champions League na Luck oo cus with what they’re playing is trash 🚮
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2023
Deltamani:
Hmmm… This Delta Queens na Rubbish ooo, I would have preferred Bayelsa Queens. If they Qualify for the Champions League na Luck oo cus with what they’re playing is trash 🚮

Bayelsa had 3 chances to beat Delta and each time they came short. This is the first match of the competition even Rivers Angels started slow at their WAFU
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Bayelsa had 3 chances to beat Delta and each time they came short. This is the first match of the competition even Rivers Angels started slow at their WAFU

Let’s see how it goes, I wasn’t expecting this from my State team at all… They better improve cause they won’t be playing this kind of opponent during the Champions League proper, that’s if they qualify
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2023
It’s sad that we know that the NFF will collect their 10% from the $60,000 that would be due to the players from the WC.
Those greedy/corrupt officials may also collect 10% from the $10k that the presidency would pay to each player 🤦🏾
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:08pm On Aug 20, 2023
PDPGuy:
It’s sad that we know that the NFF will collect their 10% from the $60,000 that would be due to the players from the WC.
Those greedy/corrupt officials may also collect 10% from the $10k that the presidency would pay to each player 🤦🏾

Source?

Except maybe for taxes and other legal deductions, the NFF is getting nothing from.the $60k. Pretty sure they are also not getting anything from the $10k as the presidency is sending to the girls directly

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2023
Deltamani:

Let’s see how it goes, I wasn’t expecting this from my State team at all… They better improve cause they won’t be playing this kind of opponent during the Champions League proper, that’s if they qualify

Do u see this red card

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2023
There is criminal stuff going on in women's football

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2023
I really do not understand. Why will you not invest in your team when there's a price money of $500k to win? Hope difficult is it to assemble the girls from Nigeria that can compete at the continental stage?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2023
2-0 with only 10 on the pitch
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Do u see this red card

I stopped watching already, not impressed at all…

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2023
Ref should have left them at 11 vs 11. As she dropped them to 10 they woke up
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:38pm On Aug 20, 2023
Deltamani:

I stopped watching already, not impressed at all…

U missed. Their reaction alone shows they are up to this task.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2023
3-0

Remember this name. MERCY OMOKWO. Top class talent

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:50pm On Aug 20, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Ref should have left them at 11 vs 11. As she dropped them to 10 they woke up

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Odogwujayy: 4:54pm On Aug 20, 2023
Delta queens captain go really struggle for midfield wey get tall and physical players..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:57pm On Aug 20, 2023
lovewins:
I really do not understand. Why will you not invest in your team when there's a price money of $500k to win? Hope difficult is it to assemble the girls from Nigeria that can compete at the continental stage?

When u win the league with an historic defense and 2 players combining for over 20 goals, it's kind of hard to even figure out where to upgrade. Them keeping the team together was a big plus.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2023
🚨FT: Delta Queens 3-0 USFA

⏰FT

🇳🇬Delta Queens 3-0 USFA 🇧🇫

⚽Alaba Olabiyi 5'
⚽Chinaza Agoh 61'
⚽Mercy Omokwo 79'

Delta Queens begins the WAFU-B CAF Women’s Champions League qualifiers campaign with a resounding win over USFA from Burkina Faso.

Delta Queens were reduced to 10-player after Vera Samuel was sent off, but the Nigeria’s rep still went on to get the job.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:08pm On Aug 20, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

When u win the league with an historic defense and 2 players combining for over 20 goals, it's kind of hard to even figure out where to upgrade. Them keeping the team together was a big plus.

I understand really, but we also have to access the level of competition we play to determine of we are battle ready. It's the same mistake the men's u17 and u20 did. You'll notice all their friendlies were against academies here and they won by outrageous scorelines. It gave the false sense of hope that they could battle anybody.

I think they should get the ticket God willing,but should intensify preparation before the competition proper. Face stiffer oppositions to test their preparedness. We shouldn't have a problem winning the women's caf Champion's league. It's one of the ways to make the case for more inclusion of home based players.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:24pm On Aug 20, 2023
Delta Queens’ Chinaza Agoh claims the Player of the Match award after an impressive start.

She got a goal in the win.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:02pm On Aug 20, 2023
lovewins:

Source?

Except maybe for taxes and other legal deductions, the NFF is getting nothing from.the $60k. Pretty sure they are also not getting anything from the $10k as the presidency is sending to the girls directly

You’re asking for source? We all know that the NFF would dip their hands into the player’s prize money (aside from “taxes”) when we consider the fact that both the money due to the NFF and players would be paid directly to the NFF..

Now, I’ll concede that the NFF may not dip their hands into the cash that the presidency has promised the players cos it will be paid directly to them.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2023
PDPGuy:

You’re asking for source? We all know that the NFF would dip their hands into the player’s prize money (aside from “taxes”) when we consider the fact that both the money due to the NFF and players would be paid directly to the NFF..

Now, I’ll concede that the NFF may not dip their hands into the cash that the presidency has promised the players cos it will be paid directly to them.

Not holding brief for the NFF, but this FIFA money, they are not touching a dime. Do you know how much monitoring is going on not just from FIFA bit from the presidency?. They can do I some other times but not this one. The girls will get their money complete you can take it to the bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2023
lovewins:

Not holding brief for the NFF, but this FIFA money, they are not touching a dime. Do you know how much monitoring is going on not just from FIFA bit from the presidency?. They can do I some other times but not this one. The girls will get their money complete you can take it to the bank.

Cool. I think we both hope that the Glass House will do the right thing 🤗
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2023
PDPGuy:

Cool. I think we both hope that the Glass House will do the right thing 🤗

It's like you still don't get it. Even if NFF doesn't want to do the right thing, they have been boxed into a corner. BTW, monies sent to the NFF by FIFA goes to NFF account with the central bank first. They then need to write to get funds processed. Don't also forget th Fifpro angle. They can continue their madness some other times, but this one has too much attention.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2023
Odogwujayy:
Delta queens captain go really struggle for midfield wey get tall and physical players..
Yea...she has a small stature.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 7:02pm On Aug 20, 2023
lovewins:

It's like you still don't get it. Even if NFF doesn't want to do the right thing, they have been boxed into a corner. BTW, monies sent to the NFF by FIFA goes to NFF account with the central bank first. They then need to write to get funds processed. Don't also forget th Fifpro angle. They can continue their madness some other times, but this one has too much attention.

Alright.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:04pm On Aug 20, 2023
lovewins:

I understand really, but we also have to access the level of competition we play to determine of we are battle ready. It's the same mistake the men's u17 and u20 did. You'll notice all their friendlies were against academies here and they won by outrageous scorelines. It gave the false sense of hope that they could battle anybody.

I think they should get the ticket God willing,but should intensify preparation before the competition proper. Face stiffer oppositions to test their preparedness. We shouldn't have a problem winning the women's caf Champion's league. It's one of the ways to make the case for more inclusion of home based players.

Delta shouldn't have issues getting prepared. When it comes to sports they handle business. I would like them to sign Esther Onyenezide but it seems Robo's owner is no longer doing giveaway.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:36pm On Aug 20, 2023
Scandal erupts in Spain as Luis Rubiales, the president of the Spanish football federation, faces backlash for kissing Spain's striker Jenni Hermoso.

Wahala😂

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:41pm On Aug 20, 2023
Final Rankings of all the 32 teams that participated in the 2023 Women's World Cup.

The ranking was done according to the stages the teams reached and the points earned.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (1103) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.