Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:51 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (855) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (853304 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) ... (1102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Nilon: 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2023
lovewins:
This again shows how nonsensical the argument many made about how Nigeria should have beaten England and all.

Whether you acknowledge it or not, when England chooses to be defensive, it becomes difficult (not impossible) for them to concede. Not one of the aerial balls that Australia is known for has worked. Australia could only score because of a defensive lapse on England's path and the sheer brilliance of Lauren James.

This is again reminding you guys that Nigeria did very well all things considered.
the English side are difficult to beat. They are a side that play with so much resilience and tenacity. When you have the ball, they mark you down, when they have the ball, you can't stop them. They are a very stubborn side to score against. Colombia and Australia had to score through sole efforts against the run of play. I want they will withstand the Spanish onslaught for 90minutes

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by chrisooblog: 1:25pm On Aug 16, 2023
We could have won on penalties wasn't that much of a mission impossible

Nilon:
we were no where close to beating them even despite one man advantage
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 2:03pm On Aug 16, 2023
Nilon:
we were no where close to beating them even despite one man advantage

Super Falcons were very close to beating England.

Super Falcons hit the post twice against England and if the Super Falcons had trained on taking penalties then Super Falcons would have won the match.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:54pm On Aug 16, 2023
Super Falcons players Chiamaka Nnadozie,Tochukwu Oluehi, Desire Oparanozie and Osinachi Ohale were warmly received by Imo state governor Hope Uzodinma at the Imo State House.

The players smiled home with a token of $10,000 and a plot of land in the state capital, per Eagles Trackers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:54pm On Aug 16, 2023
This is the first match that England showed class like in euros since this World cup began. Even looks like they play better without LJ.

If we had trained for PK, we would have won that game. But we don move on since. Regardless, Spain should do the needful.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2023
Deltamani:

Congratulations to England 🇬🇧 but I am happy that that commentator did give the Nigerian Falcons their flowers 💐 by saying that the 3 Lioness were FORTUNATE to have gone pass them to book the quarter final slot.

Lol. When we dey, they no go give us flowers. Na physicality nonsense they go dey tok. We don vomot since and now they're doing this? Smh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2023
Sarina Wiegman's 'fairy tale': England coach reaches second World Cup final

Sarina Wiegman continues to build her case as one of the best coaches in the history of women’s soccer.

On Wednesday, the 53-year-old Dutch native guided England to its first-ever World Cup final. It’s the second trip to the championship match for Wiegman, who led the Netherlands to the same spot in 2019, though the United States took home the title. Still, Wiegman’s second consecutive World Cup final appearance cements her place among some of the sport’s greatest coaches.

“Am I in a fairy tale?” Wiegman asked Wednesday.

She’s the first coach to take two separate nations to a Women’s World Cup final. This comes after she accomplished a similar feat in the Women’s Euros, guiding the Netherlands to the 2017 title and England to the 2022 title.

“I don’t know,” Wiegman said when asked how she keeps taking teams to new levels. “The chance as a coach or as a player that you make it to finals is really, really special. And we’ve made it to four already. I’d never take anything for granted but am I here in the middle of a fairy tale or something?”

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
I will rate USA Jill Ellis who the World Cup back to back (2015, 2019) as the best Coach Currently in the women’s game though she’s currently out of Coaching for now and more into football Administrative duties…

Then Sarina Wiegman as no.2 Currently.. Then if she wins this one she would be no.1 for me as Ellis stepped down from Coaching for now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
Deltamani:
Super Falcons players Chiamaka Nnadozie,Tochukwu Oluehi, Desire Oparanozie and Osinachi Ohale were warmly received by Imo state governor Hope Uzodinma at the Imo State House.

The players smiled home with a token of $10,000 and a plot of land in the state capital, per Eagles Trackers.
Was the $10kach for each player or for all three to share?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:23pm On Aug 16, 2023
Congratulations to Former SuperFalcons international Ayisat Success Yusuf who completed her UEFA B LICENSE with the Finnish Football Federation, Which Started on the 4.3.2022 till 29.5.2023.

Let’s keep going….

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

1:29 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKC3_PN8fv8
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:29pm On Aug 16, 2023
I really want to see our Female Coaches doing it big in the Women’s game..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

$10k for Each of them
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2023
naptu2:

1:29 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKC3_PN8fv8

Hope someone got Alozie's package.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 5:39pm On Aug 16, 2023
lovewins:

Hope someone got Alozie's package.

Yeah, the Falcons are Desire Oparanozie, Chiamaka Nnadozie, Osinachi Ohale and Tochukwu Oluehi. I can't recognise the fifth woman.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 5:48pm On Aug 16, 2023
Deltamani:

$10k for Each of them
That's good so na who who go visit go collect grin. Hope Ajibade and Imuran see something collect from the dancing governor. Also did Sanwo give the ladies that visited him anything?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2023
Now that it seems Vlatko is gone, here is a rumored replacement

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:57pm On Aug 16, 2023
M7even:

Oh boy Basco, leave this talk we, do u want to go there with a player to break world cup appearances or u want to go there with a full strong squad to win the world cup.

Well I know definitely you wanna win the world cup with a full solid team whereby when a player is hurt in the tournament or is suspended from next match you are very sure of the backups on ground. Please don't let people hate Ebi, she has had an excellent career. We appreciate her efforts. We appreciate her sacrifices. We appreciate all that she has done for the green, white and green. God bless her for her strong patriotism of wanting to represent us in the next world cup. However, 4 years time from now is a different ball game. She will most likely have a decline in speed and abilities and that's not want going forward. We want everybody in the team justifiably there to win the world cup. We don't want no records on appearances. What's really special about that to the nation. We need to medal up. Since 1991 we have been present in all world cups. That record sef don do.

Each and everyone of the 23 players will not be responsible for winning a world cup. There will always be players that feature only because the coach makes effort to give them playing time. Teams have taken injured players to world cups.

As for the talk about her level dropping in 4 year, I quote a line from a Runtown song "thank God say man no be God". If it were up to some of us she wouldn't even make it this far.

I have already given my opinion on the record so no need saying the same thing. None of us coach the team so I don't understand the fascination with trying to make me change my mind.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 1:59am On Aug 17, 2023
codemaniacs:
Salma Paralluelo is 18 years old and she has scored important goals that helped Spain qualify for the Final yet 99% of people on this thread and even the coaches of the Super Falcons look down on teenage wonder teens and young stars that could have been in the Super Falcons squad.

Gift Monday that was the youngest among the Forward players was not given enough game time...

The women football has been killed and this jack called Randy will bury it in Nigeria. Nigeria has good athletic young players, yet the goon of a coach went to the world cup with washed up woods.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 2:01am On Aug 17, 2023
daveP:

They need to wait for their time. They are not developed. They are still raw and need sharpening now
😆😆😆😆😆

Who else saw the recent comments by two of the greatest EPL coaches in the last 3weeks about young talents?

SAF and Le Prof!!!

Give them that chance, they'll be ever grateful for it as their minds work totally different from the senior ones. They want to keep proving and rewarding those that give them a chance even if they still have a long way to go.

I guess some folks will be scared if one day, the average real age of npfl players in the league is like 24.5yrs.

Till then.

What many are not noticing is we will see it working with even those that are not as talented, and now be among the last to implement with our tails between our legs.

Pure Nigerian backwater mentality.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 2:04am On Aug 17, 2023
timay1:

Hmmm.

This same Salma was part of that last year U20 world cup that Spain won oo. Immediately after the tournament, Spain did not waste time to integrate like 6 of those players from that tourney into their senior team, despite being spoilt for choice and the intense competition already in the team.

She showed her talent and made it into the senior team straight, scoring 8 goals in 13 matches for Spain so far, since her debut.

There are countries and zoos.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by maidaboi(m): 9:03am On Aug 17, 2023
A super falcons player is joining Juventus

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 9:05am On Aug 17, 2023
maidaboi:
A super falcons player is joining Juventus

Echegini. I saw it yesterday, but I'm waiting for it to be confirmed before I create a thread.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Tessyy1701: 10:28am On Aug 17, 2023
Taiwo Tewogbola Afolabi is the new Delta Queens captain...

Taiwo the skippo💪

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2023
Idiko1:

The women football has been killed and this jack called Randy will bury it in Nigeria. Nigeria has good athletic young players, yet the goon of a coach went to the world cup with washed up woods.

I think this is the first time I would be quoting you and I'll make sure not to quote you again on this thread.

I'm an ambassador of peace, but it would be criminal if I don't let you know that you're an eeediot and a daft! Sorry about that bro/sis ✌🏾 Smh 😒

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 3:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
BankyGee:

I think this is the first time I would be quoting you and I'll make sure not to quote you again on this thread.

I'm an ambassador of peace, but it would be criminal if I don't let you know that you're an eeediot and a daft! Sorry about that bro/sis ✌🏾 Smh 😒

Cheiii Banky oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2023
Tessyy1701:
Taiwo Tegbogbola Afolabi is the new Delta Queens captain...

Taiwo the skippo
We are all mentioning Esther and Flourish and forgot how good this girl is in Midfield. I really admire her playing style. I hope to see her in the Falcons team very soon.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:05pm On Aug 17, 2023
Tessyy1701:
Taiwo Tegbogbola Afolabi is the new Delta Queens captain...

Taiwo the skippo💪

If giving chance, she can be our Mothlalo in no time.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
mostob:
We are all mentioning Esther and Flourish and forgot how good this girl is in Midfield. I really admire her playing style. I hope to see her in the Falcons team very soon.
I tell you. Even me too, im guilty of forgetting to mention her. We get talent on ground abeg. Naim we still wan dey do one chance for those wey dey ball before these ones were born?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
daveP:
I tell you. Even me too, im guilty of forgetting to mention her. We get talent on ground abeg. Naim we still wan dey do one chance for those wey dey ball before these ones were born?
I dey tell you bro...talent dey ground o
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2023
Unrelated:
Tobi Amusan has been cleared by the Athletics Integrity Unit to compete at the upcoming world championships in Hungary

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Tessyy1701: 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) ... (1102) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: mostob(m), Posh(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.