Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,098 members, 7,942,980 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 09:31 PM

Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) (12170 Views)

CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery / TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds / CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Nezan(m): 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2009
Is this not how all Bank girls are disturbing everybody in the name of marketing?
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by neatact: 2:10pm On Oct 20, 2009
is the job situation that bad in this contry?
i simpatise with the lady, its what the banks do and its affecting the way we view marketers
a friend told me she got a job as a marketer, and i've been avoiding her since.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Sagamite(m): 2:14pm On Oct 20, 2009
Eeyore:

Agreed that Nigerian banks set unrealistic and ridiculous deposit targets for their sale staffs, which ultimately leads the females to do some immoral stuffs just to retain their jobs, but I still believe that "if you can't stand the heat, you should get out of the kitchen". Afterall, nobody forced her to take the job.

Because you are giving someone a job, does not mean you should bully or take their dignity.

The primary onus is for banks not to request, or develop an environment that requires, postitution rather than question why she did not quit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by MeAgain(m): 2:17pm On Oct 20, 2009
At least someone is standing up for her rights.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by chosen04(f): 2:34pm On Oct 20, 2009
That Lady is really an under performer, She is only looking for public sympathy. Was she too daft too understand the dothed lines she signed before she started works?

She is only fighting a lost battle. Moreover i dont see anything wrong in advising a matured female adult to wear mini skirt and look good!!!. Whats she making noise and seeking cheap pubicity for?
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by AMIRACH: 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2009
there was no need for her to sue, she would ve resigned quietly if she was not comfortable with the environment cos every work got its challenges, simple
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by sayso: 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2009
some Ladies do not have respect for what their Mama gave them.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by chidichris(m): 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2009
bank prostitution is now a normal way of life in nigeria a product of soludo/obj's banks solidification.
the new rule here is, the ladies have to open their legs for the guys to open accounts with them.
we all know about this so it's no surprise here.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by waledoy(m): 5:48pm On Oct 20, 2009
chosen04:

That Lady is really an under performer, She is only looking for public sympathy. Was she too daft too understand the dothed lines she signed before she started works?

She is only fighting a lost battle. Moreover i dont see anything wrong in advising a matured female adult to wear mini skirt and look good!!!. Whats she making noise and seeking cheap pubicity for?
Ujujoan:

That's rubbish. Nobody asked her to sleep with the cleint. Everybody knows you'll be demoted if you dont meet your target. If she dosent want to get money for the bank she should resign!!
sad this is coming from from ladies
sayso:

some Ladies do not have respect for what their Mama gave them.
sad sad sad
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by mrperfect(m): 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2009
This is not a pleasant story.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by atunbigeoj(m): 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2009
Thank God for ur life as u failed to give in to pressure now u can still hold ur head high.Am also happy for ur husband he has a rare gem at his disposal.I wish u luck in the suite.U are just one out of many that never voice out but die in silence, gets ripped of their dignity just to mention a few of d woes dat betides them after heeding to such pressure.U made the right choice, big UPs!
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Sagamite(m): 6:39pm On Oct 20, 2009
chidichris:

bank prostitution is now a normal way of life in nigeria a product of soludo/obj's banks solidification.
the new rule here is, the ladies have to open their legs for the guys to open accounts with them.
we all know about this so it's no surprise here.

You are definitely retarded.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 20, 2009
But d lastest banking reform is aimed at checking unrealistic targets&modern day slavery in d banks.Sanusi&cbn shd look into this mess in skye bank
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by safariman(m): 7:37pm On Oct 20, 2009
This would be have been a good case for NPF/CID to use an undercover female agent to investigate, but with the way Nigerian police is, there is nobody to run to except file a lawsuit, which I don't think she'll win, It would be a "he say she say" type of a case. And the Bank has deep pockets to hire the best and brightest solicitors
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by MUZBO(m): 7:46pm On Oct 20, 2009
Whatever! While she was seeking the job she was probably flaunting her beauty and her legs which got the manager's attention and he thought if she can get me then why not Hot Chief Whatever!? Now that she has the job she is trying to use brains and keeping the beauty. Just another successful case of 'use what you have to get what you want' but. . . what about what the boss wants?
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by safariman(m): 7:54pm On Oct 20, 2009
@MUZBO
I don't think the boss/es advertised that they wanted a prostitute
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by MrTurkey(m): 7:59pm On Oct 20, 2009
grin
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by bandely(m): 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2009
MUZBO:

Whatever! While she was seeking the job she was probably flaunting her beauty and her legs which got the manager's attention and he thought if she can get me then why not Hot Chief Whatever!? Now that she has the job she is trying to use brains and keeping the beauty. Just another successful case of 'use what you have to get what you want' but. . . what about what the boss wants?
safariman:

@MUZBO
lol! grin grin grin
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by kpofkpof: 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2009
that lady no de talk true.

You guys should please read in between the lines. I think she had a very bad approach to work. She was just a lazy person. How come ALL her colleagues are not on her side? Abeg she is just trying to start a case she cannot finish.

First and foremost, as a contract staff, there are certain things you are not entitled to.
1. You cannot be an account officer/manager. You get the accounts and core officers of the bank are assigned to manage those accounts.

2. You are not entitled to the pool car, so why all that baldadash of her not being allowed to use the official car.

I am a marketer in one of the banks and i can confidently say that NO manager, i repeat no manager will FORCE you to compromise yourself to get an account.

The aspect of she being advised to wear mini skirt is exaggerated. I think probably she was advised to be smartly dressed, and she is taking it the other way round.

We have her types in my office who are not willing to learn.

If you even dig deep, you will find out that she must have probably compromised herself several times and when accounts no gree come, she's now trying to turn the case against the bank so that she will not loose out completely.

For me she no get better case.

I dont know the lady in question, but from the story- she is just a lazy, rude
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by oladayo042: 8:49pm On Oct 20, 2009
safariman:

@MUZBO

thats exactly why she cannot win.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by jude33084(m): 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2009
How can all the staff be against her. Haba. This story get  k leg.
Naturally, when management is hard on you, fellow staff would sympathise with you since they share the same burdens.

well, I don't think that you have a job undecided
because if u do, u will know the meaning of ''war at work''
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by oge4real(f): 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2009
This story may have been garnished to buy public sympathy, but it doesnt erase the fact that corporate prostitution is very real among Nigerian banks and must be stopped by all means.
Why would anyone spend all those years getting educated only to become reduced to a common LovePeddler, all in the name of marketing?
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by spoilt(f): 11:07pm On Oct 20, 2009
No bank will ask you to 'drop'. She should go and sit down. If she couldnt stand the heat, she should never have gone into the kitchen.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by spoilt(f): 11:12pm On Oct 20, 2009
Seems to me like she should be petitioning her HR dept and not suing the bank.
If some of those things are true, then her local branch definitely acted unprofessionaly.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by jaygirl2: 12:42am On Oct 21, 2009
almost broke my neck tryng to read d tiny prints of such juicy article. sue them girl, suits them right tongue
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Rooneyboy(m): 2:39am On Oct 21, 2009
That is a normal thing in our banking sector na , if that is the case they should sue every other bank.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by mjay(m): 6:09am On Oct 21, 2009
More girls are actually in support of the bank against their own, guys take note.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by xpress(m): 8:23am On Oct 21, 2009
nice, why is it dat people fail to notice those short skimpy tempting skirt often worn by female banker or d composory make up they put on and dat welcoming,friendly n often 'i want u look' 'i am avaliable' look, gush, find a solution abi kin gan and u wonder why most celeb n politicians long standing marriages break up easily
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by ucheo: 8:30am On Oct 21, 2009
The Girl is so daft that she is seeking undue attention. Any body that works in a bank(me inclusive) knew that marketers lie abt knowing the whole who is who in Nigeria for dem to land d job at point of interview.
Secondly if u  r not doing well in a product ur branch Mgr can re assign you to another dept he feels you will do better. She refused to adapt to change. She must be a bad dresser for her to be advised to dress smartly(and she took it the other way round).
Lastly y all these name calling. Beleive me The Mgr involved I knew him, a good gentlemen with class(Dresses well). I cant imagine him working with a dullard.
In as much Marketing is tough for all bankers, she is supposed to know wht is involved before applying for the job. Her husband should have opened a private business for her than all this rubish.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by ud4u: 9:17am On Oct 21, 2009
na the thing wey fit them
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by otukpo(f): 9:38am On Oct 21, 2009
things like this happen in our banks evryday.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Jakumo(m): 10:10am On Oct 21, 2009
"Hey Dad, what with all the female staff of Sky Bank do to PULL IN customers, how come so few of those women ever get pregnant ?"

"Well son, I reckon most Skye Bank customers tend to make early withdrawals."

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

War On Terror: Military Now Enjoys Support From Civilian Communities - Olukolade / 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders / Senate Passes Whistle Blowers Protection Bill, 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.