Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,098 members, 7,942,980 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 09:30 PM

Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) (12169 Views)

CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery / TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds / CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by 55gal(m): 10:14am On Oct 21, 2009
The banks in Nigeria is found of this act,this is really not ethical.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Ournaija: 11:01am On Oct 21, 2009
No matter how we look at it, the lady must have issues. That does not mean that female prostitution does not exist in the banks. I hope the law enforcement agency will be able to investigate this and uncover the truth.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by kristos(m): 11:07am On Oct 21, 2009
Though i am not holding brief for the lady, but the way some of these banks go about their marketing is shameful. I have a lot of friends working in banks and they always complain about having to meet targets. Those saying that no manager can tell you to sleep with potential clients, "are you kidding me?". I know of a particular lady that the manager told not to come back without the cheque of a randy old goat. She might not have been told outrightly to sleep with customers but we can't say that it was not implied.
@ those ladies that commented: that was shameful coming from you ladies.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by tunnytox(m): 12:12pm On Oct 21, 2009
ucheo:

The Girl is so daft that she is seeking undue attention. Any body that works in a bank(me inclusive) knew that marketers lie abt knowing the whole who is who in Nigeria for dem to land d job at point of interview.
Secondly if u r not doing well in a product your branch Mgr can re assign you to another dept he feels you will do better. She refused to adapt to change. She must be a bad dresser for her to be advised to dress smartly(and she took it the other way round).
Lastly y all these name calling. Beleive me The Mgr involved I knew him, a good gentlemen with class(Dresses well). I cant imagine him working with a dullard.
In as much Marketing is tough for all bankers, she is supposed to know wht is involved before applying for the job. Her husband should have opened a private business for her than all this rubish.

who know may be you are even the manager, Nigerians will glorify any vice once it involves money, no wonder a lot of Nigerians think internet fraud is fine once its a white man you are duping,
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Sagamite(m): 12:25pm On Oct 21, 2009
safariman:

@MUZBO
I don't think the boss/es advertised that they wanted a prostitute

Lovely answer!

So it makes sense for a boss to want postitution as a commercial strategy? Fuuuck me.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Sagamite(m): 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2009
spoilt:

Seems to me like she should be petitioning her HR dept and not suing the bank.
If some of those things are true, then her local branch definitely acted unprofessionaly.

This one don tay for Yankee. E no know the Modus Operandi in Naija.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by clomn(m): 12:38pm On Oct 21, 2009
poor woman sorry. in your next life be a ghanaian and live a good life if u like.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by tunnytox(m): 12:40pm On Oct 21, 2009
Sagamite:

This one don tay for Yankee. E no know the Modus Operandi in Naija.

Na true you talk Naija has a different modus operandi grin grin grin
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by martinosi: 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2009
tunnytox:

Na true you talk Naija has a different modus operandi grin grin grin

nA wAO!!! e bi like say we have some fun wit this thread,
Anyway lets see how the case goes, but i guess she may not win becuase
the truth be told, when it comes to brain work in a bank there are 25 guys to one
girl that can do it!!! The women are there for Imaging, branding, marketing, promotional drives, customer service, call centre and you get my point!!!

Dont get me wrong o!!! Nigerian Girls are Intelligent O!!! but my brother Nigerian
Men Eat Intelligence for Breakfast!!!! lol!!!
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Sagamite(m): 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2009
martinosi:

nA wAO!!! e bi like say we have some fun wit this thread,
Anyway lets see how the case goes, but i guess she may not win becuase
the truth be told, when it comes to brain work in a bank there are 25 guys to one
girl that can do it!!! The women are there for Imaging, branding, marketing, promotional drives, customer service, call centre and you get my point!!!

Dont get me wrong o!!! Nigerian Girls are Intelligent O!!! but my brother Nigerian
Men Eat Intelligence for Breakfast!!!! lol!!!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Abeg, tell me, which village are you from?

I would like to award it "Village of the Century" for producing such fine Village Product. undecided
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by obstead200(m): 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2009
I am so furious, I wish I was wealthy enough to pay her legal bills and a lot of other "marketing" bank workers.

The banking leaders are foolish idiots thinking postitution is banking and the useless, quack journalists have never seen the sense to ask them questions on this during interviews. The buffoons just shower them with praise as "mega-bankers".

I HATE MORONS.

please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! spare me!

The bank is not wrong in any way. They have a job for her: bring deposit. she accepted on one condition: [b]pay my salary.[/b]it is a contract. If she does not fulfill her end of the contract, then who is she to blame any one. Why can she not quietly resign and look for another Job or a business?

personally, I cannot do a bank marketing Job. If I find myself there, I either try to make it work, or I resign peacefully. I cannot blame the bank if they kick me out; it is because I did not fulfil my part of the contract.

Nigeria as a whole is a struggle for survival. businesses struggle to survive. they do everything imaginable, and even somethings unimaginable to survive.
We dont have to single out the banking sector as the only culprit!
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Sagamite(m): 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2009
obstead200:

please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! spare me!

The bank is not wrong in any way. They have a job for her: bring deposit. she accepted on one condition: [b]pay my salary.[/b]it is a contract. If she does not fulfill her end of the contract, then who is she to blame any one. Why can she not quietly resign and look for another Job or a business?

personally, I cannot do a bank marketing Job. If I find myself there, I either try to make it work, or I resign peacefully. I cannot blame the bank if they kick me out; it is because I did not fulfil my part of the contract.

Nigeria as a whole is a struggle for survival. businesses struggle to survive. they do everything imaginable, and even somethings unimaginable to survive.
We dont have to single out the banking sector as the only culprit!

Yep, they gave her a job to bring in deposit, but they do not have a right to demand she, insinuate to her, or bully her to, prostitute herself to bring it in EVEN if they are paying her salary.

And they should have an ethical corporate policy to ensure targets are reachable without need for prostitution by most of their marketers.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Sagamite(m): 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2009
Sagamite:

If I was the lawyer, I would know it would be tough but I would build my case based on these verbal claims in conjunction with:

1) the proportion of females the bank hires into the marketing section

2) the realisticness of the amount stated in the target

3) how possible is the marketing/acquisition framework and techniques formally stipulated for the employees of the bank in achieving the targets set without postitution

4) Get a lot of former employees of that bank (especially the branch) with similar claims to testify in court

I forgot to add:

5) With the general beliefs/rumours/perceptions that banks demand female marketers are pressured to give sexual favours for deposits, what robust complaint procedures did this bank put in place to ensure the victims can avoid being bullied to do such (if they want to show it is not implicitly approved by the top)
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by vanitty: 1:35pm On Oct 21, 2009
I suppose when they told her to bring deposit and get paid, it was also in the tiny print that the manager will be insinuating sleeping with the clients at a later day  undecided
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by bouguoer: 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2009
I throw my hat to u.u are a very courageous woman , no doubt there is an institutionalise prostitution in our banking system.your husband must be the luckiest man to marry to be married,becos very few women will be able to pass thru what u did without compromising their marrige.but who will clear this mess,female bankers are now being look as prostitutes in the country.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by asticks(m): 1:57pm On Oct 21, 2009
Why is that people believe everything that they read? It happens over and over again and we are yet to learn from that mistake, take the example of Tommy Hilfiger being a racist, or the rumor of apples being poisoned and the countless others that are being circulated via mails.

Why are Banks being labeled as encouraging Women to engage in deposits for the sake of deposits, all the Bank is interested in is you were employed to bring in deposits, its really not their business who you go about it. Their business is to ensure that from whoever or wherever the deposits are coming from meet with the requirements set by the CBN. Lets not blame Banks for the activities of "a few bad eggs" giving women and banking a bad name. Its not a secret that the moral standards of women and men has fallen, and "some women" have no qualms in sleeping with men for some form of gratification and men in turn accept.

It is a fact that can be confirmed that in Banks the best marketers are Males and not the Females, and that your targets are spelt out to you before you accept the job, so if u know that you can't meet the target, why take the job in the first place. If you can't stand the heat, then you get out of the kitchen.

The girls case I believe is questionable and her case is similar to a lot of Nigerians, we don't know our rights and as such we usually take the shit that is handed out to me. Its possible that all she said is true, its also possible that it could be false, but if its true, her action should have been to report the manager to the head office. I know of a case in the same Skye Bank of a Female staff who reported her manager for sexually harassing her and threatening to see her fired if she didn't give in. The matter was investigated and was found to be true and the manager was fired.

I feels its very wrong to generalize based on the actions of  few, we all went up in arms when Sony made the blunder of an advertisement, by invariably referring to all Nigerians as 419Er's, lets not make that same mistake as well.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Sagamite(m): 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2009
asticks:

Why is that people believe everything that they read? It happens over and over again and we are yet to learn from that mistake, take the example of Tommy Hilfiger being a racist, or the rumor of apples being poisoned and the countless others that are being circulated via mails.

Why are Banks being labeled as encouraging Women to engage in deposits for the sake of deposits, all the Bank is interested in is you were employed to bring in deposits, its really not their business who you go about it. Their business is to ensure that from whoever or wherever the deposits are coming from meet with the requirements set by the CBN. Lets not blame Banks for the activities of "a few bad eggs" giving women and banking a bad name. Its not a secret that the moral standards of women and men has fallen, and "some women" have no qualms in sleeping with men for some form of gratification and men in turn accept.

It is a fact that can be confirmed that in Banks the best marketers are Males and not the Females, and that your targets are spelt out to you before you accept the job, so if u know that you can't meet the target, why take the job in the first place. If you can't stand the heat, then you get out of the kitchen.

The girls case I believe is questionable and her case is similar to a lot of Nigerians, we don't know our rights and as such we usually take the shit that is handed out to me. Its possible that all she said is true, its also possible that it could be false, but if its true, her action should have been to report the manager to the head office. I know of a case in the same Skye Bank of a Female staff who reported her manager for sexually harassing her and threatening to see her fired if she didn't give in. The matter was investigated and was found to be true and the manager was fired.

I feels its very wrong to generalize based on the actions of few, we all went up in arms when Sony made the blunder of an advertisement, by invariably referring to all Nigerians as 419Er's, lets not make that same mistake as well.

If the bolded are true, then she is likely to lose her case.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by osbar67: 3:43pm On Oct 21, 2009
It like all the Ladies in the house sees the situation as normal(it's no big deal she should have been ready for that or refuse to take the job)Is that how it is supposed to be?
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Pharoh: 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2009
osbar67:

It like all the Ladies in the house sees the situation as normal(it's no big deal she should have been ready for that or refuse to take the job)Is that how it is supposed to be?

They are simply saying that's the reality on ground so lets live with it.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Holesher(m): 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2009
This is super story by Wale Adenuga.But on the other side the girl is foolish, lazy and ingrate. The bank will not tell you to f*ck every dick that come around you in order to get account. All what they ask you to do is to open priority account anyway anyhow. If you can not do it apply to RCCG as resident pastress whether sharp church member will not want to penetrate the hole within ur thighs.
You had better apologise to your BM and cancel ur resignation before you start using napping as sanitary pad.

God knows the number of dick you av f*cked for free. Without collecting a dime. Hypocrite!
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Sagamite(m): 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2009
Holesher:

This is super story by Wale Adenuga.But on the other side the girl is foolish, lazy and ingrate. The bank will not tell you to f*ck every privates that come around you in order to get account. All what they ask you to do is to open priority account anyway anyhow. If you can not do it apply to RCCG as resident pastress whether sharp church member will not want to penetrate the hole within your thighs.
You had better apologise to your BM and cancel your resignation before you start using napping as sanitary pad.

God knows the number of privates you av f*cked for free. Without collecting a dime. Hypocrite!

You are obviously a disturbed retard!
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by chillbabe(f): 7:34pm On Oct 21, 2009
I can't believe some of the comments here. People on NL always shout that we need change in this now someone is doing something about it and u people are bashing her pls we all know that this it how it goes in the nigerian bank sector and we all know that is not the way it is soupose to be. We need to suport this woman and not trash her. Someone needs to start from somewhere pls nigerians dont be a coward. What the banks wants is totally wrong.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Eggyloo: 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2009
All these banks and their unrealistic target sef. Imagine all marketers from various banks going to solicit funds from the same group of people. There's nothing new again to say so they use female as a weapon to generate more funds.

Really, no job that conflicts with one's integrity is worth dying for and pls ''if the kitchen is too hot, step out''. Ur resignation doesn't mean the end of the world.
One love.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Eggyloo: 8:01pm On Oct 21, 2009
Come to think of it, if they need huge deposits and actually want to meet target they should have just gone outright to hire prostituites, but NO, they want brains too so they seek for unsuspecting graduates. Jeez.!!!
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Sagamite(m): 8:17pm On Oct 21, 2009
chillbabe:

I can't believe some of the comments here. People on NL always shout that we need change in this now someone is doing something about it and u people are bashing her pls we all know that this it how it goes in the nigerian bank sector and we all know that is not the way it is soupose to be. We need to suport this woman and not trash her. Someone needs to start from somewhere pls nigerians dont be a coward. What the banks wants is totally wrong.

What you have not observed is that there are a lot of retards on NL. They do not, and can not, understand the part you said "that is not the way it is suppose to be".

Their limited brains just work on the premise of "this is the way it is, it cannot be improved and we should not bother, just live with it".

And you will see this bunch being the most vocal in criticising their leaders (usually without an idea of an alternative approach and no understanding of what is being done), when their own thinking and competence is as low as that of their leaders.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by lewisky(m): 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2009
Working in a bank is not by force.She sighned a contract to meet a specific target.Her bosses were only advising her on options to meet this target.They wanted to help her.
How does she feel when she gets her salary at the end of the month.
If she did not like anything offered she would have resigned.It is not by force.
If you are told to burn your hand wwill you?
She s a dundee,she should stop crying fowl embarassing herself.
She wants to be superwoman.
Anyone can do whatever with their body or soul
its no others business.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 21, 2009
^^^^

you obviously have never heard of ethics

there is an inherent danger in focusing on the bottom line over anything else

this is what led to the shake up in cadbury a few years back , the failures of enron, worldcom, etc

we spend years in school so we can avoid situations like this in the first place.

i wonder what all these ' it is not by force' noisemakers would say if it was their sister
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by chillbabe(f): 12:00am On Oct 22, 2009
It's is not by force, she should stop crying, she wants to be superwoman r u for reall No wonder people like u are still saying her husbands house anno 2009 no wonder i see pregnant women selling purewater under the hot sun. It's because of people like u women don't have a say in Nigeria. And people like u blame the governement what a joke!!!!
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Sagamite(m): 12:11am On Oct 22, 2009
oyb:

^^^^

you obviously have never heard of ethics

there is an inherent danger in focusing on the bottom line over anything else

this is what led to the shake up in cadbury a few years back , the failures of enron, worldcom, etc

we spend years in school so we can avoid situations like this in the first place.

i wonder what all these ' it is not by force' noisemakers would say if it was their sister

I have been restraining myself not to go there.

My own point is what if it is their Mother. Would they think it is still right for her to leave her job and not be able to feed her family because some people think she should sell her body for them to make money since they know there are few other jobs she can go to?

What a bunch of mosquito brains.
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 22, 2009
lewisky:

Working in a bank is not by force.She sighned a contract to meet a specific target.Her bosses were only advising her on options to meet this target.They wanted to help her.
How does she feel when she gets her salary at the end of the month.
If she did not like anything offered she would have resigned.It is not by force.
If you are told to burn your hand wwill you?
She s a dundee,she should stop crying fowl embarassing herself.
She wants to be superwoman.
Anyone can do whatever with their body or soul
its no others business.

She's embarassing herself because she wants to fight for herself? It becomes her business if at the end of the day she's would be compared to others that get theirs in questionable ways.

Imagine the way the MD was even talking to her or is the one that threw a fit because she sat on his/her seat? Is that a professional setting where there ought to be diplomacy or some jungle?
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by galatico(m): 9:05am On Oct 22, 2009
Bullshit!!!!
Re: Updated! Skye Bank Sued For Female Prostitution ( Now In New York) by Johnnoo(m): 3:07pm On Oct 22, 2009
this is too long. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election / Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill / Killer Herdsmen Kill Zaki Terzungwe Anjua, Taraba Village Head & Two Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.