Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:49 AM

Operating My Poultry Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Operating My Poultry Farm (607 Views)

This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry / The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) / My Poultry Feed Formulation Experiment On Broilers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Operating My Poultry Farm by Iseoluwani: 10:42am On Oct 11, 2016
I want to start a poultry farm business but there are lots of things that bothers my mind. I have gone through the

Starting a poultry farm blog, yet haven't gotten the needed answers to my questions and I need help. PLease I need answers to the following questions. On layers

Farmers help me. Edakun

1.when should I stop giving chicks starters mash?

2.when do I start giving them layers feed?

3. Considering the cost of vet doctors. How do I go about the chicks vaccinations. Can someone help me with a time table layout of drugs to be given to them. The names of the drugs to be used too.

4.is saw dust advisable for deep litters system or wood shaving.

5.why do I really need an incubator

6. Recommend a good feed to start with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Operating My Poultry Farm by Turks: 11:28am On Oct 11, 2016
*You stop giving starter mash at 8weeks; thats when you start giving Growers mash. You don't take them off abrubtly, you do it in phases 70-30, 60-40, 50-50.

*When they lay their first egg which is in 18-20weeks/when egg production hit 5%. Actually, the standard practise is to give prelayers mash but to save cost, you should give Growers mash/ layers mash in the same ratio as stated above.

*Vaccinations charts a drawn based on the diseases prevalent in your farm as well as the diseases prevalent in the breeder farms/hatchery from where the birds were gotten.

*Woodshaving I the most advisable.

*You don't need an incubator. All you need is a brood to keep the day old chicks. You can Google what a brood is.

*Animal Care starter, AMO starter, Topfeed Starter.

Kindly like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/AvianPlanet
Iseoluwani:
I want to a poultry farm business but there are lots of things that bothers my mind. I have gone through the
Starting a poultry farm blog, yet haven't gotten the needed answers to my questions and I need help. PLease I need answers to the following questions. On layers
Farmers help me. Edakun
1.when should I stop giving chicks starters mash?
2.when do I start giving them layers feed?
3. Considering the cost of vet doctors. How do I go about the chicks vaccinations. Can someone help me with a time table layout of drugs to be given to them. The names of the drugs to be used too.
4.is saw dust advisable for deep litters system or wood shaving.
5.why do I really need an incubator
6. Recommend a good feed to start with

2 Likes

Re: Operating My Poultry Farm by Iseoluwani: 11:31am On Oct 11, 2016
Turks:
*You stop giving starter mash at 8weeks; thats when you start giving Growers mash. You don't take them off abrubtly, you do it in phases 70-30, 60-40, 50-50.

*When they lay their first egg which is in 18-20weeks/when egg production hit 5%. Actually, the standard practise is to give prelayers mash but to save cost, you should give Growers mash/ layers mash in the same ratio as stated above.

*Vaccinations charts a drawn based on the diseases prevalent in your farm as well as the diseases prevalent in the breeder farms/hatchery from where the birds were gotten.

*Woodshaving I the most advisable.

*You don't need an incubator. All you need is a brood to keep the day old chicks. You can Google what a brood is.

*Animal Care starter, AMO starter, Topfeed Starter.

Kindly like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/AvianPlanet

Was reading your comments on organicfarm thread. Where is your farm sir

1 Like

Re: Operating My Poultry Farm by Turks: 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2016
Somewhere in Lagos sir.
Iseoluwani:

Was reading your comments on organicfarm thread. Where is your farm sir

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Churches Should Own Farms / Can You Surgically Remove A Turtles Shell? / Help A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.