Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,291 members, 7,891,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:47 AM

'my Wife Belong To My Kitchen': Buhari Was Joking - Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'my Wife Belong To My Kitchen': Buhari Was Joking - Presidency (636 Views)

Why Buhari Was ‘Banned’ From Entering U.S. For 15 Years — Atiku / "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu / My Wife Belongs To The Kitchen...buhari Reacts To Aisha's Interview On BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

'my Wife Belong To My Kitchen': Buhari Was Joking - Presidency by olatade(m): 7:34pm On Oct 14, 2016
The Presidency has said that President Muhammadu Buhari comment to journalists about his wife 'belonging to the kitchen ... and the other room' was only a 'banter'.
Earlier on the president while fielding questions from journalists in Germany about his wife, Aisha Buhari's controversial BBC's interview
said that “I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room.”
The Presidency spokesman, Garba Shehu in an effort to clarify the president comment which has long gone viral said that "He was obviously throwing a banter."
Garba in a series of tweets said "My friends, can't a leader get a sense humour anymore? Mr. President laughed before that statement was made.
Politics sometimes should be spiced with humour.
Those of us close to him knows there is never a dull moment with him.
Mr. President respects the place of women in our society. He believes in the abilities of women.
One of Nigeria's most sensitive office today is headed by a woman, Mrs. Adeosun. This is an evidence of the confidence he reposes on women."
My friends, can't a leader get a sense humour anymore? Mr. President laughed before that statement was made.
5:51 PM - 14 Oct 2016
317 56
Mallam Garba Shehu
@GarShehu Follow
He was obviously throwing a banter.
5:51 PM - 14 Oct 2016
214 45
Mallam Garba Shehu
@GarShehu Follow
Politics sometimes should be spiced with humour. Those of us close to him knows there is never a dull moment with him.
— Mallam Garba Shehu (@GarShehu) October 14, 2016
Mr. President respects the place of women in our society. He believes in the abilities of women.
5:53 PM - 14 Oct 2016
179 31
Mallam Garba Shehu
@GarShehu Follow
One of Nigeria's most sensitive office today is headed by a woman, Mrs. Adeosun. This is an evidence of the confidence he reposes on women.
— Mallam Garba Shehu (@GarShehu) October 14, 2016

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/buhari-was-joking-my-wife-belong-to-my-kitchen--presidency/166833.html#Q8C6MggRiImMvjR1.99
Re: 'my Wife Belong To My Kitchen': Buhari Was Joking - Presidency by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
Buhari disgracing himself since time immemorial.. grin
Re: 'my Wife Belong To My Kitchen': Buhari Was Joking - Presidency by BIGGMAMA: 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2016
Medicine after death.
Re: 'my Wife Belong To My Kitchen': Buhari Was Joking - Presidency by Thewrath(m): 7:48pm On Oct 14, 2016
So he was elected to be making jokes? Cool.
We are not all as dumb as the zombies you know.
Re: 'my Wife Belong To My Kitchen': Buhari Was Joking - Presidency by Jesusloveyou: 7:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
ipods with their noise over unserious issue. meanwhile aisha should stay on her lane, she belongs to pmb. pple should not be deceive

1 Like

Re: 'my Wife Belong To My Kitchen': Buhari Was Joking - Presidency by hopeforcharles(m): 7:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
Face saving, truely even in Islam women belongs to the kitchen, tongue
Re: 'my Wife Belong To My Kitchen': Buhari Was Joking - Presidency by Hadone(m): 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
Mama mai kosai

Re: 'my Wife Belong To My Kitchen': Buhari Was Joking - Presidency by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 14, 2016
This govt is nothing but a piece of joke
Re: 'my Wife Belong To My Kitchen': Buhari Was Joking - Presidency by Hardeysolution(m): 8:02pm On Oct 14, 2016
I have not seen what is worth elaborating on what Mrs Aisha Buhari said. She has said the right thing which is known to wailers and nonwailers. We are aware that In all administrations, there are always cabals. When I went through the interview, I saw that she said nothing worth criticising but appreciating. Dame Patience will never speak Like that. Her husband is surrounded by people who have not, people's interests in mind but selfish interest. She is closer to her husband and is aware of what her husband is facing.

Nigerians, aren't we to leave the era of looking for faults and face reality. Will Patience stop campaigning for her husband despite Jonathan's administrative failure? She speaks for the people. She is a woman. She knows how people live. She is patriotic. She feels like people are not allowing her husband to function well. She is troubled. She is avoiding cases of Patience. She is passionate about us. She cares. And are some people blaming her? Wailing for what is not worth it? Mrs Aisha Buhari, the woman behind the successful Buhari.

More greese to your elbow. Mr President, I am sure he knows what he meant by she belongs to his kitchen. It means, what he wanna do, Aisha isn't aware. At last, she will say, wow! My husband really knows what to do..

As long as he is in the right path, I stand with Buhari!
Re: 'my Wife Belong To My Kitchen': Buhari Was Joking - Presidency by Alibesamuel: 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
What are they trying to cover...that he did'nt made the statement or that he was cracking joke with lie mohamed when the statement was made?
Re: 'my Wife Belong To My Kitchen': Buhari Was Joking - Presidency by jumper524(m): 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2016
Re: 'my Wife Belong To My Kitchen': Buhari Was Joking - Presidency by Mynd44: 8:21pm On Oct 14, 2016

(1)

Ffk's Wife, Precious Reacts To Her Detention By EFCC Officials In Ekiti / David Mark's Lg(otukpo) Boss Introduces POS As The Medium Of Revenue Collection. / Nigerian Senato Dino Melaye Dancing In His Hotel Room - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.